IVF/ICSI Support Group

Am also using crinone gel. Used it for the first time last night. Told to walk 30mins after insertion of gel. Made a silly mistake. Forgot to pee just before the insertion of gel. Tahan until 1hr later, went to toilet to pee
This morning, I pee first before inserting. But becos I was having some symptoms of OHSS, was drowning myself with H2O. So bladder gets filled up really fast...

30misn? I just walk for 5 mins. Oh yah, must pee first otherwise must wait.
Did you dr tell you have to take till when? I'm 13 days past d2 transfer and have to take it till my BT this sat.

Are you taking egg whites also? It also helps with the OHSS symptoms.

Gg for my ET soon in KKH. Was asked to decide one or two blastocyst to transfer. anyone transfer 2 blastocysts?
I'm in the same situation as you to have to decide whether to transfer 1 or two blastocysts. My Dr also recommended me to transfer 1 first and if not successful then come back for another FET instead risking getting multiples. However, our case is that I've only hv 2 blastocysts frozen. If I transfer both n if not successful, i'd hv to start all over again. N I'm turning 41, hubby 51. So no time already. Been flipping back n forth the decision in my head n I think it'd probably be a rash decision on the FET day at the end of the day. Sorry no answer as to what u should do but just some sharing. Let us know what you eventually decided.

30misn? I just walk for 5 mins. Oh yah, must pee first otherwise must wait.
Did you dr tell you have to take till when? I'm 13 days past d2 transfer and have to take it till my BT this sat.

Are you taking egg whites also? It also helps with the OHSS symptoms.

I was told to walk for 30 mins. I went to Google. Walking helps to spread the gel so it doesn't come out in crumbs. So far no discharge or crumbs yet after 2 inserts.

Will need to insert for 18 days till blood test day too

I used to take 4 eggs white during stim. After ovum pick-up, I reduce to just 1 egg white.

Last edited:
Thanks! It's been such a long journey and pray it sticks!

Want to ask, should we carry on with the red dates longan tea and chicken essence after the bfp?

Am also using crinone gel. Used it for the first time last night. Told to walk 30mins after insertion of gel. Made a silly mistake. Forgot to pee just before the insertion of gel. Tahan until 1hr later, went to toilet to pee
This morning, I pee first before inserting. But becos I was having some symptoms of OHSS, was drowning myself with H2O. So bladder gets filled up really fast...
Take care gal. See you on 25th! Eat n drink plenty.

They will thaw all 6? Well, if I've 6 embryos, I would opt to transfer 2 :) yes blast does have a higher chance of BFP, but that's theory.. Inside the womb, we don't know what's going on.. Haha
Anyway, the decision still lies on you :)
Hihi, i would opt 2 as well. For me, i rather have twins than none.
So nice to have frozen embbies. I just had 2 embryo transferred and none left to freeze.

Hello all. Just confirmed with doctor that my IUI is cancelled. :( have to proceed to IVF due to follicles not responding to the stims. Wondering if anyone out there encountered same as me?

Any sisters right now on Nore? Today is my day 10th! Supposed to stop at day 13.
Can I check usually menses come after we stop Nore issit?
Hi, I stopped my NorE on 29/8 and menses came on 3/9. I was so worried bcoz I didn't noe that menses need to be reported b4 started the 1st jan. I called the CHR, the nurse laugh at me :> I told her I kiasu ma :D

Today my D8 of stimming... Only 3 follicles for each side, sizes: 16, 13, 10, 10, 7 and the other dunno. I need to go back this sat, seeing Prof Wong. Dr said I am ready for ER, maybe mon or tue. I am so worried abt the amount of the follicles. Any thing can be taken to increase the no.?

Congrats goiee. Happy for you n yr wife. Anythg special u did for this journey other than intrallipid and scratching? Yrs was orinally intend to be kept till blastocyst?
On day of first fresh et we had nine good embryos so we wanted to do blast then but it fell on Sunday so we did d4. This time left 5 frozen and I requested I want blast which I think highly contributed because only two made to blast.

Hello all, I'm new to this forum- not even sure I'm posting correctly. Anyway, my husband and I are looking for a great Ivf/Icsi clinic in Singapore. We have done most of our treatments in Australia but now it's getting too difficult to go back and forth.
Hubby has low sperm motility and poor morphology and I have secondary infertility. We have a child from our first round of Ivf-Icsi but have had no luck in the last 2 cycles despite great embryos. I am now thinking that there are problems with implantation.I am pretty terrified about starting the journey here in Singapore so would love any help I can get. Thanks ladies.
You can try KKH - Tan Heng Hao, Thomson Medical Centre - Loh Seong Feei, Mt Elizabeth - Charles Lim. These are one of the usual names I've come across. Any input from other ladies, can try to help :)

thank you so much. I really appreciate all the recommendations. My obgyn has also recommended Dr suresh nair and dr Cheng li Chang. Any thoughts?

I only know dr SF Loh from Thomson Medical. If anyone can offer any advise, pls help our dear Australian friend here :)
So any recommendations for private Ivf doctors ladies. Would love to know who you have found helpful and had success with.

Dr Charles Lim from Mount Elizabeth his is kinda old but have a lot of experience prices are not cheap or Dr Suresh Nair from Mount Elizabeth too he is a really nice doc my sis and friend under his good hand

@Dreamscometrue *Wave*! I am 35 years old. I failed my 1st fresh cycle with 2 D3 embryos transfer in Jun. This is my natural fet cycle. I still have 6 embryos left and they will be thawed on sat to culture from D3 to D5 blastocyst. If everything goes well, I will have my ET on next mon. At first my decision is to transfer one coz of doc told me blastocyst got higher chance of twin pregnancy. But later, I feel I shld transfer two. I afraid the remaining blastocysts will not survive the thawing if I need to use them another time if I am not preggy this round.

I transferred 2 blastocyst, since my goal was to maximize chances of preggy (at least 1). after it, I only had 2 blastocysts left for freezing, but they are still observing whether to freeze or not, so that's also one of the reasons why I transferred 2.

now having pain at the sides of tailbone and mild crampy. shall not read too much into it. could be due to all that yucky utrogestan too or my bad sleeping posture. it's mind games this whole week! :p

I'm sorry, still abit blur abit acronyms. FET means Frozen ? or Fresh?

Then the day of the ET (for blastocyst) is considered day 0?

Thank you everyone. I'll make an appointment for dr suresh Nair and dr Loh and go from there. This is the first time I have sought help from a forum and I really wish I had of done it sooner.

Thank you everyone. I'll make an appointment for dr suresh Nair and dr Loh and go from there. This is the first time I have sought help from a forum and I really wish I had of done it sooner.
I am LC Cheng's patient. I have 3 more snowbabies from my fresh w dr SF Loh but I will prob get LC to do the FET.

#1 BPF (3rd fresh) was with him whilst he was at Thomson Fertility. He went on to deliver my girl.

#2 BFP (5th fresh) Went back to TFC with SF Loh. After BFP, i went back to LC for my pregnancy.

He only takes IVF and gynae but not obstetric cases from 2015.

Patient man, very willing to explain things if you ask, not pushy and calming doctor. If you like a calm doctor, LC fits the bill. Google WC Cheng & Assoc if you need an appmt. WC is his papa :)

Dr SF Loh is known for having his patient's best interest at heart. He's v willing to try different things instead of just going with a set of rules. Funny man with a slightly odd sense of humour :)

Some other famous names - you can google them

Prof SC Ng - Sincere IVF. S'pores grandfather of IVF
Ronald Chieng
LC Foong - Gleneagles (??)
Prof PC Wong - NUH
Sheila Loh - Raffles IVF. Used to head KKIVF

Am sure there are a few more which the other sisters here can add.

Good luck. It wld cost abt $12-15K at TFC if you are on a regular stim protocol puregon/gonal at abt 300iu. The stim meds are the biggest chunk of the cost. ER/ET will be approx $5-6K (inclded in the above total cost).

Good luck.

SF loh also offers intralipid drips. You can search this forum for details and his contact for his O&G clinic where he practices in the afternoons. The drips are not available via TFC where he consults in the mornings.

On day of first fresh et we had nine good embryos so we wanted to do blast then but it fell on Sunday so we did d4. This time left 5 frozen and I requested I want blast which I think highly contributed because only two made to blast.
Thanks for e reply. Envy** njoy these happy moments with yr korean wife :)

Gg for my ET soon in KKH. Was asked to decide one or two blastocyst to transfer. anyone transfer 2 blastocysts?

Hi,

U can speak to ur doctor about it and he'll advise u according to ur body's condition. I'm 34 and only transferred one blastocyst in May cos I was worried about possible health complications for multiple pregnancies. I read up about it online and my doctor also recommended single embryo transfer.

My doctor also told me that the other two embryos can be frozen and used for FET. However, my remaining embryos weren't good enough to be frozen. I will need to go for a fresh cycle for my second child. Sometimes when I think back, I do wonder if I have transferred two, would my other embryo have survived in my womb. But there's no "what if" in life. I had made that decision based on what I felt was best then. =)

Last edited:
Today my D8 of stimming... Only 3 follicles for each side, sizes: 16, 13, 10, 10, 7 and the other dunno. I need to go back this sat, seeing Prof Wong. Dr said I am ready for ER, maybe mon or tue. I am so worried abt the amount of the follicles. Any thing can be taken to increase the no.?
Hi, why don't u ask the sisters at the nuh ivf forum? Different dr may have different practice.
Anyway, follicles usually will grow abt 2-3mm each day? So by sat ur leading follicles will be abt 18-19 mm.. And that's when they will trigger.
Any idea what's your E2 level? A rough gauge is each 1000 will have 1 oocyte (ie the precious egg).
How high is ur stim by the way?

Hi Twinkletot...

I usually a silence reader... me going for my natural FET too soon...I was at KKH today morning for 2nd scan..my lining 7.3 not yet ready. me under Dr Tan HH....
I have a boy from my fresh cycle in July 2013 give birth in Mar 2014. me still need to go back scan on sat. Hopei can join you on monday for ET...

Can any kind soul teach me how to make Logan red date drink?
Need to put how much of each and boil for how long?
I use about 20 red dates, 15 dried longans and a handful of wolfberry. Rinse them first. Boil 4 cups of water till boiling. Then put in the ingredients and set your flame to low. Let simmer for about 20 mins. You can add some brown sugar for taste but I find I didn't need to. Hope this helps!

I use about 20 red dates, 15 dried longans and a handful of wolfberry. Rinse them first. Boil 4 cups of water till boiling. Then put in the ingredients and set your flame to low. Let simmer for about 20 mins. You can add some brown sugar for taste but I find I didn't need to. Hope this helps!
Thanks! Drink everyday?

Hi Twinkletot...

I usually a silence reader... me going for my natural FET too soon...I was at KKH today morning for 2nd scan..my lining 7.3 not yet ready. me under Dr Tan HH....
I have a boy from my fresh cycle in July 2013 give birth in Mar 2014. me still need to go back scan on sat. Hopei can join you on monday for ET...
The lining has to be how thick before we can do the transfer?

Back