IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sorry, haven't figured out how to use the quote function...

I did the whole IVF process, not the natural IVF.
Did it with Dr LC Foong.
He's a really good doctor who does most of the things himself.
He will call me personally to update on the progress.

I was spectikal on pineapple core as well and did some reading. Pineapple core is ok as they contain some enzymes that help with the implantation. But not the flesh. I just took it for 5 days after the embroys replacement, eating only 2-3 pcs daily. Thank goodness my family likes pineapples, so they ate pineapple for the whole week!
Then again, there's probably not enough scientific evidence to prove this. So it's a bit of a gamble here.

For red bean soup, the sinseh told me not to drink too much, she said a small bowl a day is enough and try to set more of the beans rather than drink the soup.

I avoided all Chinese medication once I started the ivf programme and just went for accupuncture.

Carezbear,

Congrats on yr new baby!

I did not take pineapple core when i had my ivf. Read that a lot of ladies in the west takes it though. But i did acupuncture and take red bean soup everyday or every other day during stim. Was on tcm herbs regularly too for the whole cycle till bfp and still continuing.

I was told by my gynae many times during reviewd to avoid banana, pineapple and papaya during my pregnancy now.

Looks like its a case of different strokes for different folks for the two of us. :) But it doesn't matter. We both had our bfp despite the different things we believe in and had done. That's all it matters, isn't it?

@tsf0205: I decided to go ahead with the egg retrieval even though my scan shows only 1 follicle coz I have already come so far and went with the attitude, "if it's meant to be, it's meant to be".

@portia3: Congrats to you! Yes, not enough scientific evidence to prove what aids the ivf process, but we all like to try everything that might give us some glimmer of hope.

So to all out there, try whatever you feel comfortable with, as my gynae always say," as long as you don't lose sleep over it"

Tsf0205 I'm not experienced much in this ivf but like what carebearz had gone through, all we need is one good egg. Continue to eat healthy and rest well to brew the egg nicely for the coming retrieval.

For those who did endo scratch, did you have any spotting? The day itself I had nothing. Then yesterday got very very little light brown stain. Then late night when I wiped got like dried up dark stain. Also very little only. How long will this last? (I know it's normal to have such discharge as per what doc told me).

Mentioned here before....HPT from mustafa so far is the best. either 2ish or 3 ish each.

Think I go get some next week :p
Hi dear, which part of mustafa did u find the hpt? I went there a couple of times but I can't find any hpt despite combing through the entire building. I heard their hpts are good and cheap! Do they have ovulation strips as well?

I do know only one good quality egg is needed.... Have another issue on the high ovary which may not be able to reach during retrieval.... Doc further increased my stim dosage and monitoring to be done ...

Hi dear, which part of mustafa did u find the hpt? I went there a couple of times but I can't find any hpt despite combing through the entire building. I heard their hpts are good and cheap! Do they have ovulation strips as well?
Oh I got them like more than a year ago so can't remember which part. But i did ask the lady staff and she directed me there. Mustafa so big no way I can locate them on my own lol. I believe i saw opk too. Never tried the opk. Let us know if it's any good!

I'm kinda ignorant abt hpt. Is it home pregnancy test kit? What does it mean when there's one strong line and one faint line? When would I see two solid lines? My blood test on D17 confirmed positive but I dun understand how to read the lines.

Last edited:
For those who did endo scratch, did you have any spotting? The day itself I had nothing. Then yesterday got very very little light brown stain. Then late night when I wiped got like dried up dark stain. Also very little only. How long will this last? (I know it's normal to have such discharge as per what doc told me).
I had some spotting amd staining at night. Old blood. None on day 2. Cramps come and go on day 1.

Mine last for around 3-4 days..

I'm kinda ignorant abt hpt. Is it home pregnancy test kit? What does it mean when there's one strong line and one faint line? When would I see two solid lines? My blood test on D17 confirmed positive but I dun understand how to read the lines.

@mosburger... Yes, HPT is home pregnancy test kit... If too early tested will get faint line.. If your BT confirmed positive and if you want to try HPT, you will able to get two solid lines.. Do it In the morning first time you wake up with the first pee...
For me my BT on D17 is confirmed positive too and I brought the Clearblue digital one and it show pregnant...

I do know only one good quality egg is needed.... Have another issue on the high ovary which may not be able to reach during retrieval.... Doc further increased my stim dosage and monitoring to be done ...

Tsf u with THH right? If he did not mention anything during scan then should not be a problem. He should be able to reach your ovary.

I have light spotting for a day and next day is clear. I suppose is common to spot and I heard for some ppl it last for two three days.

High ovary can retrieve from the top. Dr Yu retrieved my right side from the top as it's too high to reach via viginal. I knew right side high bcos whenever scanning the sonographer will comment cannot see via v scan and need to scan from top.

Mine lasted abt a week... But I had my endo scratching with hysteroscopy polypectomy.

High ovary can retrieve from the top. Dr Yu retrieved my right side from the top as it's too high to reach via viginal. I knew right side high bcos whenever scanning the sonographer will comment cannot see via v scan and need to scan from top.
How is retrieval done on top?

How is retrieval done on top?
I'm not very sure of the exact procedure as I ko already but the doc and nurses mentioned can retrieve from the top. My hubby told me they inserted the needle from my belly top. Only I about to shower that day then I noticed there was a plaster on my right belly covering the area that they poked the needle in. You might like to check with your doc on the exact process.

I'm not very sure of the exact procedure as I ko already but the doc and nurses mentioned can retrieve from the top. My hubby told me they inserted the needle from my belly top. Only I about to shower that day then I noticed there was a plaster on my right belly covering the area that they poked the needle in. You might like to check with your doc on the exact process.
As far as I know, so far only Dr Yu from SGH willing to do from the abdomen, I know nuh won't do... Not sure on kkivf Dr...

I read about the pineapple core thingy as well but decided to just stick to Brazilian nuts since everyone said to avoid pineapple.

Sorry, haven't figured out how to use the quote function...

I did the whole IVF process, not the natural IVF.
Did it with Dr LC Foong.
He's a really good doctor who does most of the things himself.
He will call me personally to update on the progress.

I was spectikal on pineapple core as well and did some reading. Pineapple core is ok as they contain some enzymes that help with the implantation. But not the flesh. I just took it for 5 days after the embroys replacement, eating only 2-3 pcs daily. Thank goodness my family likes pineapples, so they ate pineapple for the whole week!
Then again, there's probably not enough scientific evidence to prove this. So it's a bit of a gamble here.

For red bean soup, the sinseh told me not to drink too much, she said a small bowl a day is enough and try to set more of the beans rather than drink the soup.

I avoided all Chinese medication once I started the ivf programme and just went for accupuncture.

Carebearz, can share with us yr protocol with Dr Foong and what is yr amh? I have low amh also. Anyway I send u a pm earlier =)

Hi sisters, I'm posting and looking for hope...

I had severe endometrosis and a endometria cyst measuring 6cm on my left ovary. Did a lap to remove them in apr. Resulted in low AMH. Had 2 doses of supression jab. Started stims and day 8 scan only found 2 follicles on the right, one 6mm and the other 2mm... Am already with v high doses , 300 units of puregeon and 150 units of menopur... After scan tdy increase puregeon to 400 units..... Scan on Friday...

Can anyone with similar experience shAre yr views?

:'(

Just wondering.. Anyone ever got called by Kkivf to ask hub to go down immed to produce another sample as some of the follicles had matured today?

Also, usually will have embryo for transfer the next day? If not, will Kkivf call to inform the day before? :p

@tsf0205 did you ask your gynae if it's necessary to go for such a high dose of Purgeon? As my AMH was low, my gynae said no point going for high dosage as the egg reserve is already low and won't have "many eggs to push out from the reserve". So we were hoping for quality instead of quantity.
I did 200iu daily.

@tsf0205 did you ask your gynae if it's necessary to go for such a high dose of Purgeon? As my AMH was low, my gynae said no point going for high dosage as the egg reserve is already low and won't have "many eggs to push out from the reserve". So we were hoping for quality instead of quantity.
I did 200iu daily.
I'm on long cycle and my ovaries have been on supression for abt 2 mths. I never ask y but this is what I suspect...

Hi ladies, anyone has endo cyst n did lap under Dr SF Loh? I hrd he only do surgery on Thursday.

What is the contact for TSB huh? Dunno whether she can help to prevent cyst in future ?

Anyway i think blood cyst will not go away one. Mine is 6cm. Anyone know share what is the max size that lap can do for cyst? Z

Hi tsf2005,

Like you I have severe endometriosis. Now got a 6cm cyst on the left too. Can blood cyst disappear by themself?

Hi ladies, anyone has endo cyst n did lap under Dr SF Loh? I hrd he only do surgery on Thursday.

What is the contact for TSB huh? Dunno whether she can help to prevent cyst in future ?

Yes thurs is his surgery day. Unless minor surgery he will use his lunch time to do it for you.

TSB contact.
ImageUploadedByForum1405520399.542500.jpg

Hi Jumbo gal, thank you so much for sharing with me on the contact. to be frank, I feel like dashing there tmrw.
I not sure what is the lap procedure by Dr Loh. We needs to fast right? recovery period should be fast too? Yes jumbo gal, I oso feel like jus telling them woman problem.

Hi mos burger, thank you very much for sharing. I m also taking no pay leave once I preggie.

tsf: replied your PM. thank you very much for sending me a message :)

Hi Jumbo Gal, can you share your experience with Dr Loh? Not sure whether TCM can cure the blood cyst.
thank you so much for the contact:) definitely goin to call at 10am tomorrow. yeah thank you so much for the contact :)

Hi Jumbo gal, will you be able to share on your experience with dr loh? thank you so much for providing the contact.
Now waiting for 10 am to arrive before calling them :) yeah not sure whether can TCM helps in blood cysts.

Hi Jumbo gal, will you be able to share on your experience with dr loh? thank you so much for providing the contact.
Now waiting for 10 am to arrive before calling them :) yeah not sure whether can TCM helps in blood cysts.

He is a good dr. I find him skillful and recovery is fast. I can go out shopping after surgery within a week. TSB appt slot is always full. You may need to wait till one mth later to see her. Send u PM.

@mosburger... Yes, HPT is home pregnancy test kit... If too early tested will get faint line.. If your BT confirmed positive and if you want to try HPT, you will able to get two solid lines.. Do it In the morning first time you wake up with the first pee...
For me my BT on D17 is confirmed positive too and I brought the Clearblue digital one and it show pregnant...
Thanks for the info, pupnui! I have never striked two lines b4 so I thot it would be quite cool to finally get two solid lines. But then I only saw one solid line n one faint line on my D17 blood test. I thought something wrong w the stick or invalid results! =P

Ladies can i ask if anyone is planning to take no pay leave or even considering quitting her job when bfp?

As I'm high risk and have had 2 MCs, and my ex sinseh adviced me to rest at home after bfp, I've been toying the thoughts.

Anyone has done it or is planning to?

Yes thurs is his surgery day. Unless minor surgery he will use his lunch time to do it for you.

TSB contact. View attachment 337555

By the way, there are a number of sinsehs there and Dr TSB is not there everyday... i think Mon, Wed and Fri from 1pm only... You have to ask for Dr Tan Siew Buoy when you made appointment... usually when you state your are going to start ivf soon, they will try to squeeze you into a earlier slot but on that day prepare to wait

Ladies can i ask if anyone is planning to take no pay leave or even considering quitting her job when bfp?

As I'm high risk and have had 2 MCs, and my ex sinseh adviced me to rest at home after bfp, I've been toying the thoughts.

Me try to quit after maternity leave when i BFP.. unless pregnancy is high risk.. i'll be more than willing to quit.. so hard get preg.. will do anything to protect the bb..

Hi everyone! I failed my 1st IVF 4 years ago with only 1 egg transferred. Though 3 were fertilised, only 1 managed to make it. Recently, I'm considering to try ivf again but afraid of failure again. Started tcm and acupuncture 3 mths back.

Anyone failed 1st cycle due to poor egg quality but succeed in 2nd cycle?

Me tot of quitting too if bfp but is hard for my hubby to fight alone n also my boss sure will not let me go off so fast de.. So I told my hubby now we earn n save more n will try to quit after maternity leave unless my pregnancy is high risk then I no choice will quit immed.. Is so hard get preg.. So will do anything to protect my bb..

Back