IVF/ICSI Support Group

Dramaqueenie, thanks! This is my 2nd IVF fresh cycle and 1st pregnancy. My 1st fresh cycle was unfortunate. I have PCOS and high egg reserve so responded very well to the stims and had 15 eggs retrieved. But hubby read some overseas study that ICSI babies are at higher risk for developmental defects, so we opted to have all eggs be fertilised by natural IVF - put egg and sperm in petri dish and let them do their job. Doc warned us there's a very small risk that no eggs would fertilise. Well, that very small risk happened! None of the eggs were fertilised naturally by day 2 and KK does not do "emergency" ICSI to try to get embryos at the last minute, so the whole cycle had to be aborted and all 15 eggs were wasted. I was devastated, but Dr. Sadhana was comforted us that the main cause of our infertility was finally revealed. So for the 2nd fresh cycle in May all the eggs had to undergo ICSI. We got 6 viable embryos, two (grade 4) were transferred, and the other four (grade 3) were frozen.

If your desire is to have a second child, I encourage you to go for IVF asap. The govt subsidies are available until a woman's 40th birthday, so you still have time. I have a friend who is still trying for a first pregnancy after she turned 40. She has endometrosis, blocked tubes, cysts etc. which would affect implantation, but she's not giving up hope, also relying on TCM to tiao her body before the IVF. So considering her case, I feel you have a better chance. At least after you have tried IVF, even in the worst scenario (touch wood!), you will not have regrets coz at least you tried your best.

All the best on your 1st visit! It's good to be excited. :)
Hi, can I know is it true that ivf subsidies only applicable till we are 40? If after that, no more?

My periods was irregular. Last month it was on may 22nd so I thought I must induce periods with progesterone tablets and calculated it may come on July 1st like that and planned endo scratch on 21st. I also started spotting. Last month I started taking tcm so I believe it induced my periods in right time.

Last edited:
The sinseh fr ban choon chan is able to detect pregnancy thru pulse reading. Few years ago my fren went to see him as her body was very weak n can't support pregnancy resulting in miscarriage. After taking med for a few months, the sinseh inform her that she was preggy when she went bk for review n she hasn't done any test yet. The sinseh oso able to tell her correctly whats the gender of the baby even b4 the gynae told her. But his q is crazy n I oso dislike the fact that there is simply no privacy. But im gg bk again to join in the crazy q this Sunday as tsb appt is fully booked till 20+ july!

actually medisave part of ivf is not subsidy.. it's usin ur own or spouse's medisave 2pay 4é ivf bill.. é co-fund part is è subsidy "sgd6300", indeed up to 40th bdae..

Yup i must rephrase that medisave is not a subsidy. I remember my first visit with Dr Sadhana and she was going through with me on the $$ part. I pointed the medisave and said "subsidy". She smiled and commented "this is your money actually:. Hee.

medisave is our own money not a subsidy. our funds to use later for medical problems esp old age. the govt cofund is a subsidy given by the govt..

is there a limit on the max number of times that 1 can do fresh ivf tries in singapore, putting co-funding aside?

Connie, the govt co-funding is for maximum 6 cycles, 3 fresh and 3 frozen. Aside from that, I have not come across any ruling that puts a cap on the number of cycles each couple can do.

Hi ladies.. I'm back from ET.. Actually reach ard 2plus.. Now then login...

Retrieved 11 eggs on Wed..
8 eggs survived and injected with DH's troopers..
7 eggs fertilized..
Transferred 2 Embryos.. don't know the grade..
Remaining 5 Embryos will be put to freeze..
Actual number froze will only know when I go collect the report on 7 Jul during BT..
Now praying hard that my little beanies will find warmth and love in their new home and will stay and grow well for the next 9 months.. :)

7 eggs fertilized..
Actual number froze will only know when I go collect the report on 7 Jul during BT..
Now praying hard that my little beanies will find warmth and love in their new home and will stay and grow well for the next 9 months.. :)
Welldone!

Hi, for those of u who have done cycles withboth public and private clinics, any difference between the two?

Pte we paid more lor, anything can ask gynae n faster response bah. Perhaps that's the price difference we paying.. most impt u are comfy w the ivf dr n he/she knows ur condition well. If u choose to switch then u have to factor in tat new dr may takes awhile to understand u too.
For my case I have difficulty when et so my current dr knows it well now.

7 eggs fertilized..

2ww start now.. Take care!!

The sinseh fr ban choon chan is able to detect pregnancy thru pulse reading. Few years ago my fren went to see him as her body was very weak n can't support pregnancy resulting in miscarriage. After taking med for a few months, the sinseh inform her that she was preggy when she went bk for review n she hasn't done any test yet. The sinseh oso able to tell her correctly whats the gender of the baby even b4 the gynae told her. But his q is crazy n I oso dislike the fact that there is simply no privacy. But im gg bk again to join in the crazy q this Sunday as tsb appt is fully booked till 20+ july!

Very long time ago when I am trying natural, I have tried him.. Very troublesome to brew the herbs.. After 3-4 times I give up.. Haha..

But true enough.. My sinseh says that pulse cam detect boy or girl.. Find it really amazing!

For Better Or Worse
Episode 5 - "Overcoming Childlessness"
Monday, 16 June

"Jerome and Geraldine suffer a series of tragic losses, but continue to love and support each other to help them get through the ordeals, and be brave to try for a baby once more."

A heart-wrenching and warm documentary that only those of us who have gone through that experience(s) can understand.

Jerome & Geraldine, if you happened to read this, I wanted to thank-you for sharing your stories with us - it is rather therapeutic. God bless both of you.

Dedicated to all little angels out there
(a) who were called Home early, and
(b) made it.​

Full video in Toggle: http://www.toggle.sg/en/series/for-better-or-worse-catch-up/ep5/297718

Last edited:
Hi happyblossom.

I saw both concurrently before and during ivf cycle. I take herbs from tsb and go to dr zou for acu twice a week. Stopped going for acu after ET.

oh thx! but will dr zou mind if we just do acu w/o medicine? est how much is per acu session? had seen tsb for abt 4mths thou.

just fail my 1st fresh so tot acu might help since a fail cycle might mostly falls on poor egg development n no implantation i heard.

oh thx! but will dr zou mind if we just do acu w/o medicine? est how much is per acu session? had seen tsb for abt 4mths thou.

just fail my 1st fresh so tot acu might help since a fail cycle might mostly falls on poor egg development n no implantation i heard.

I started with both dr zou and TSB after i failed my 1st fresh in january too.

Dr Zou does not mind one bit but tsb was not encouraging when i asked if i am suited for acu. But i went anyway without telling her. So u hv to be tactful and sensitive when dealing with the different sinsehs and dr.

Dr zou charge $30 per session for acu. Like Tsb, she has a long queue even though appts are made.

I think u shld find out from yr ivf doc on the actual reason for yr first failure. For my first fresh, i had 2 grade 5 and 4 embbies transferred but they did not implant. I only had 1 grade 3 for freezing then. The transfered ones look perfect or almost perfect in appearance.

Hence dr concluded that mine is likely implantation issues but i also feel that it could be embbie quality issue as out of 13 eggs retrieved, only 3 made it to transferable embbies at the end.

For second fresh 3 months after my 1st, my ivf dr gave me saizen to improve quality off eggs and thereby help increase the number of transferable eggs. I had 21 eggs retrieved and 6 made it to transferable embbies. There are 4 grade 4 and 2 grade 3 this time. The dr also did endo scratch for me a month before the fresh cycle to help increase chance of implantation.

Apart from tsb's herbs and dr zou's acu, i also tried intralipid treatment with dr loh at TMC to help with implantation. I took other supplements (royal jelly w CQ10, blackmores conceive well gold and immunocal) and changed to a healthier diet before my 2nd cycle.

Hence, i cannot accredit the bfp from this 2nd fresh cycle entirely to just one party. It could be a combination of the different treatments that helped.

someone asked earlier.

based on current rules, a lady who started ivf before 40 can do a maximum of 10 fresh cycles, including any done overseas. if enter the ARP programme after 40, maximum 5 times.

thx portia, guess i can only know my case when i see my dr. same as u i txf 2 grade 4 n embryo looks v nice so i quite sad it failed. i er 20eggs n 8 survived but bal 5 not sure how it goes yet.

yes i tot of asking dr do endo scratch for me but wonder will he agree.

guess i hv to try all means like u all over again.

btw all the supplements u bought from where? still can eat even thou we tk tsb med?

thx portia, guess i can only know my case when i see my dr. same as u i txf 2 grade 4 n embryo looks v nice so i quite sad it failed. i er 20eggs n 8 survived but bal 5 not sure how it goes yet.

yes i tot of asking dr do endo scratch for me but wonder will he agree.

guess i hv to try all means like u all over again.

btw all the supplements u bought from where? still can eat even thou we tk tsb med?

I order immunocal from Fung and co. Delivery for 2 boxes and above. Blackmores concieve well gold from watson and guardian. Royal jelly wirh CQ10 from honey world. Available at robinson and tangs.

Domo my direct family doesn't know (dont find a need to tell). My in laws know since I'm living with them and they prepared meals for me during my HL.

I want to do fet this cycle. My mum staying with me. She will be puzzle if I bed rest if im feeling well. Wondering how.

7 eggs fertilized..

Good luck!!

Very long time ago when I am trying natural, I have tried him.. Very troublesome to brew the herbs.. After 3-4 times I give up.. Haha..

But true enough.. My sinseh says that pulse cam detect boy or girl.. Find it really amazing!

Haha... few years ago I also give up cos everytime must go damn early to q n the brewing part is too troublesome. But im desperate now. .. tsb is fully booked till late July n dr zou is too far for me. So tmr morning gg to wake up early to q to see him again!

Eeznyl.. You are still waiting for your bt right?

I went ytd... cfm not preggy. Anyway just saw Dr Tan, he proposed endo scratch. N he asked if I want a blastocyst transfer. I only left 5 embies if all failed to mk it to blastocyst then I gotta start fresh cycle again.

I went ytd... cfm not preggy. Anyway just saw Dr Tan, he proposed endo scratch. N he asked if I want a blastocyst transfer. I only left 5 embies if all failed to mk it to blastocyst then I gotta start fresh cycle again.
Sorry to hear that.. You go for earlier bt? Pls tiao your body fully before going for the fresh.. I regret rushing for my 2nd fresh after my d&c.. Sigh.. Waste the effort and money.

Haha... few years ago I also give up cos everytime must go damn early to q n the brewing part is too troublesome. But im desperate now. .. tsb is fully booked till late July n dr zou is too far for me. So tmr morning gg to wake up early to q to see him again!

I'm gg to see him tmr too... :)
He told me to see him to chk how's the implantation.
Tmr is my 11dp2dt..

He said ivf no need to q, so likely will see me go counter and shortly walk in to see him le...

Back