IVF/ICSI Support Group

Juz to chk, we could actually call clinic to ask for early BT or juz walk in?
Mine is next Fri... Looooong wait.. Lolz
Today at 8dp2dt.. Seeing TCM this Sunday. He said will chk how's implantation... Scare he tells me "nothing inside"... I think I will faint on the spot... Lolz

How many days ltr did u ladies do HPT?

Hmmm... i once heard my fren told me her tcm doc could tell she's preggie juz by feeling her pulse but e foetus is very weak... she told him not possible cos she tested 2 times n both bfn. But true enough, 4 days later, she had a bfp but later went on to miscarry. She regretted not following e tcm doc advice to take pure chix essence for 5days to protect e foetus. E pure chix essence is not those bought outside, need to brew oneself. That tcm doc is ban choon chan from marine parade

Last edited:
I also want to find out is it true that by taking pulse can feel implantation and pulse in very early pregnancy? Cos I seen 1 tmc who seems to be able tell everything from mai. The other one say not possible cos everything is dependant on the symptoms then they can deduce.

Today at 8dp2dt.. Seeing TCM this Sunday. He said will chk how's implantation... Scare he tells me "nothing inside"... I think I will faint on the spot... Lolz

May I know which tcm are you seeing?

I went to see my TCM on my first day of stim jab... He told me to see him on the 4th day aft ET to see how he can support my implantation... Saw him he felt my pulse and said they are inside... However I'm jabbing Pregnyl once every 3 days, he can't give me med to brew to prevent clash in med... So he said can only do the natural way, take pure chix essence on non jab day. Jab day dun drink cuz alrdy got hcg.. Pure chix essence also got hcg so help to support...
I can drink brew med aft 3 days from jab.... So not possible since every 3 days is jab.
Since my last jab is tmr ie: Friday, he said see him on Sunday... Sat last pure chix.

I did a test on 9dp2t.. A little faint line..

Hmmmm.... He's the 2nd I seen and with him for 2 yrs... I kW my case not ez to conceive on my own so see him to tiao my body... So far I feel comfortable with him though abit long winded.. Kekeke... I try to talk faster and get into point when it's my turn.
My fren recommended me to him aft she got preggy aft 5 yrs of trying and I intro to my another fren who got preggy aft seeing him for 5 mths who tried TTC for 2 yrs... :)
I also heard TSB is good ... :)

Hmmmm.... He's the 2nd I seen and with him for 2 yrs... I kW my case not ez to conceive on my own so see him to tiao my body... So far I feel comfortable with him though abit long winded.. Kekeke... I try to talk faster and get into point when it's my turn.
My fren recommended me to him aft she got preggy aft 5 yrs of trying and I intro to my another fren who got preggy aft seeing him for 5 mths who tried TTC for 2 yrs... :)
I also heard TSB is good ... :)
hi yishan, do you know if ban choon see for male infertility? his medicine is brew or packet type?

@connie_hopeful ... When I first saw him with my hub, he detected my hub troops very weak and low... I had cool womb so he gave us med to brew for both of us.. His med all brew... I hv the brewing pot .. Juz put med in with water and brew before we leave for work. By nite aft work, med ready to drink.
Hub and my med to brew on diff day so no clashes on that.

@dramaqueenie ... There's no room... There are chairs to sit.. When the next couple turn, all hv to get up and move to the next chair till near him and ur turn.
I tend to sit abt some distance away from the table... Cuz wanna give them privacy... But when it's my turn, all of them juz move all the way to my back.. Surely can hear.. But hack them... No privacy but dun care, so long can treat me... Lolz
Not everybody can hear, only those sit near can hear...

Means during tww he can also tell whether got implantation or not? Does he do acupuncture also or just take meds?
I was thinking of trying tsb or try ban choon.

@connie_hopeful .... Aft few visits, he said his troops improve and beta, but continue to tiao.
The day when I see him on my first jab, he couldn't give me med but he gave my hub. Say the day before ET, brew for hub to drink so that the next day the troops are ready.
He dun hv acupuncture service.

Hi ladies.. I'm back from ET..

OHSS - Clear (Thank God.. I was in so much pain on Tues night)..
Retrieved 18 eggs on Tues..
15 eggs survived and injected with DH's troopers..
10 eggs fertilized..
Transferred 2 Grade 5 Embryos..
Remaining 8 Embryos of Grade 4s and 5s will be put to freeze..
Actual number froze will only know when I go collect the report on 4 Jul during BT..

Now praying hard that beanies will find warmth and love in the new home and will stay and grow well for the next 9 months..

I'm not very clever with all these reports but they all seem like flying colors to me. Haha. Well done rachelt and all the best to you.

Petitelady,

hi.. I'm sorry to hear of the discouraging review you had with Prof. I juz wanna say Dont Give Up!
I first started my ivf journey way back in 2008/9 with him & Prof had wasted 2 years of our time. Mine is a challenging case as i had immature eggs. Did 2 fresh with him but no success & all he could say was "I dont know, I don know"... Such replies only make us more exasperating & upset. Since then, we moved to private for help. Long story short, i am now a proud mother of a 5 month old bb boy :)

Hi
are you wi Prof PC Wong from NUH? Which privat did you go to?

10 eggs fertilized..
Actual number froze will only know when I go collect the report on 4 Jul during BT..

Now praying hard that beanies will find warmth and love in the new home and will stay and grow well for the next 9 months..
Not bad! You have a lot of grade 5&4..

Hi ladies, need your advice. I've caught a flu bug, the whole household is down with flu too. Shd in see a gp to get some meds? Would flu affect the babies in me?

10 eggs fertilized..

veri good quality n qty results rachel, should have high chance!

@connie_hopeful .... Aft few visits, he said his troops improve and beta, but continue to tiao.
The day when I see him on my first jab, he couldn't give me med but he gave my hub. Say the day before ET, brew for hub to drink so that the next day the troops are ready.
He dun hv acupuncture service.
thanks yishan for e info. good luck! :)

Ginger, u alr bfp?

If so, u can get meds from ur gynae that's safe for pregnancy. I try to avoid meds when preggie as far as possible but when its necessary then cant be helped. We juz do e best we can. Jts, i hv taken antibiotics n even had xray taken during my 3rd tri cos i had pneumonia. Was in a really big dilemma on whether to proceed w e xray but in e end i did as i was told e risk of pneumonia to bb far outweighs any radiation side effects on bb. So sometimes no choice lor.

Hi ladies, need your advice. I've caught a flu bug, the whole household is down with flu too. Shd in see a gp to get some meds? Would flu affect the babies in me?

Hi Ginger, Dr. Sadhana told me that if the symptoms are mild, just take panadol. But if there's a fever, do go and see a GP because fever is not good for the baby. Just remember to tell the GP you are pregnant and they will prescribe pregnancy-safe flu meds for you.

Btw, HELLO to everyone on this thread! This is my 1st post. Been lurking here for several weeks since my ET at KK on 5 May and quietly drawing moral support from all your sharing. Thanks for that! In my 8th week with a singleton. I remember the roller coaster of feelings I experienced during the dreaded 2ww, but managed to keep it together and not do any home testing before the scheduled BT. For the ladies going thru this stage, jia you!

Last edited:
Can tcm even know if there's a beanie there even before week6 (before heartbeat can be detected)?

Redvel, I went to see my regular TCM doc, TSB, around week 4. Before I said anything, she took a peek at my temp chart (consistently high temps) and concluded that I'm preggie.

@Archie7, welcome & congrats!!

is this ur 1st try & pregnancy? am gg for our first visit next wk, very excited...

but not sure if e doc will even recommend us for e IVF program taking into consideration our age (both 38), am plus, plus sized & hub is a heavy smoker. success rate is pretty low for us.

but really hoping we can hv one more child lor...

Congrats Archie.
Bbt is rather easy to catch (I was a bbt fanatic but I long quitted already). I'm just curious from pulse reading. When I had my 2nd bfp, my sinseh wasn't sure. I was just 4 weeks. She kept asking me if my hpt indeed was positive (before she could give me an tai). So I always thought tcm can't pick it up till baby has heartbeat.

Dramaqueenie, thanks! This is my 2nd IVF fresh cycle and 1st pregnancy. My 1st fresh cycle was unfortunate. I have PCOS and high egg reserve so responded very well to the stims and had 15 eggs retrieved. But hubby read some overseas study that ICSI babies are at higher risk for developmental defects, so we opted to have all eggs be fertilised by natural IVF - put egg and sperm in petri dish and let them do their job. Doc warned us there's a very small risk that no eggs would fertilise. Well, that very small risk happened! None of the eggs were fertilised naturally by day 2 and KK does not do "emergency" ICSI to try to get embryos at the last minute, so the whole cycle had to be aborted and all 15 eggs were wasted. I was devastated, but Dr. Sadhana was comforted us that the main cause of our infertility was finally revealed. So for the 2nd fresh cycle in May all the eggs had to undergo ICSI. We got 6 viable embryos, two (grade 4) were transferred, and the other four (grade 3) were frozen.

If your desire is to have a second child, I encourage you to go for IVF asap. The govt subsidies are available until a woman's 40th birthday, so you still have time. I have a friend who is still trying for a first pregnancy after she turned 40. She has endometrosis, blocked tubes, cysts etc. which would affect implantation, but she's not giving up hope, also relying on TCM to tiao her body before the IVF. So considering her case, I feel you have a better chance. At least after you have tried IVF, even in the worst scenario (touch wood!), you will not have regrets coz at least you tried your best.

All the best on your 1st visit! It's good to be excited. :)

Redvel, I wonder about the pulse reading too. Maybe we watched too many TV dramas where pregnancies just get easily detected with the pulse, haha! :p In the absence of professional info and judging from your experience with your sinseh, I would err on the side of caution and rather believe that TCM cannot detect an early pregnancy just from the pulse alone, but that's just my guess.

@Archie7, sorry to hear ur 1st fresh cycle had to be aborted.
btw, just wanted to know is that aborted cycle still consider ur 1st IVF attempt in term of govt grant?
was wondering what if e same senario happened to us too?

Good question there dramaqueenie! Hmmm I think it's still considered as one attempt? I'm guessing the government won't deem that otherwise -_-.

I'm the over 40 group. Half of the treatment cost we are paying cash.

@dramaqueenie, after my 1st aborted cycle, we had a choice whether to pay for the ER out-of-pocket or to rely on govt grant. If we paid out-of-pocket, then it won't be considered an attempt by the govt. Hubby chose the grant, so in the govt's eyes, including my 2nd cycle, we have used up 2 out of the max 3 fresh cycles that can be subsidised. But it is very rare for couples to do what we did - to explicitly opt to forgo ICSI and rely on 100% natural fertilisation instead. KKH also does not encourage this precisely because of what happened to us - the risk of zero fertilisation. So, as long as you do not sign a form to say that you do not want ICSI at all, you have a much higher chance of getting fertilised embryos, since KK would do a mix of ICSI and natural by default. Of course there is still a very small risk that eggs don't get fertilised even with ICSI, but the risk is much smaller than in natural fertilisation.

Revel feel like my period is going to come. My endo scratch date is July 21st. Is it that we must do on 21st day of periods only? U told ur endo scratch date is in July 14th. How was it calculated?

Thanks ladies for all your well wishes.. Now my prayer's to have beanies stay comfortably and for the full 9 months..

I see. Thanks for sharing
As i hv hypersensitive skin n dermatitis, would prefer to do a low Stim ivf (if possible) w low dosage n on short protocol. Understand this will also inadvertedly, yield low no.ofeggs. and of these lower qty, maybe none fertilized lor... haha... thinking way too ahead of myself

My af is around the corner. Likely this Sunday (I usually get few days of spotting before af and now I am so I know it's soon). Dr Sadhana didn't elaborate the ideal cycle day for endo scratch but I did ask her few questions. She said as long as before af it's ok. I think she is very good at catching the date. She has guessed my July af to be around 21july that week. And she scheduled my scratch a week before. I then asked what if my af is late and falls on 28july. She said no issue on that. Most important we must practice safe sex in July before the procedure.

Oh so will your July af come on 21july? Since your June af is coming. I guess depends on your cycle length...

Back