IVF/ICSI Support Group

Lainelaine, my saline showed nothing but my lap found a lot of things wor. Lolx

Hi hi Wendy!!! *waving hysterically*

lainelaine, uh, not really. I started TTCing 1 or 2 cycles after my first lap. I think Dr Zou was referring to severe cases of endo where they are trying to prevent a relapse. But alternatively the other method to prevent relapse was to get pregnant! So of course I chose the latter method!

hi lainelaine..
had send you a pm
happy.gif

Hi MC, i1bb, CHris, Luv...

Long time since I log in, nice to still see familiar names. Hope all of you are getting ob fine!

Me did not do much recently, just continuing to see Dr Zou...taking my Coq10...

Today was suppose to be my review with DR Tan 2 months after my failed cycle. Appt was at 11.10, reached on time, waited till 1pm. Seen Dr Tan walking in and out of the consultation rm...but did not managed to see him! At 1.10, the nurse said the attending doc will see me as Dr Tan is too packed. My DH was very angry and told the nurse we do not wan to see the DR anymore...

He say we should just seek treatment elsewhere...
Sigh...maybe just go see Dr Loh or go CARE?

Does anyone know if we are able to get our past IVF records from KK? do we need them when we go see another Dr?

Oh dear, Fou Fou, that must have been very disappointing and frustrating. You can request for BT results from IVF nurse. The rest like embryologist's report, u shld have already right? If not, collect from the lab. Best to get ur previous records. Be prepared going private will mean u forfeit ur govt grant. Good luck!

Hi hi Wendy, me same lor... Hehe

Yo fou fou, Sorry to hear abt yr bad experience at KK... Hope u can get your records n get a better doctor

ChrisL, how long will you be staying in Sg?

Yes, you can request to store different # of embbies in different straw. However, that means you will have pay extra for the straw and another thing is that it depend whether there are extra straw available. Something like hospital B or C wards... whereby each ward has 6 or 8 beds... it will be quite wasteful if the beds from that ward is not occcupy. A ward wil be more expensive lor..

Luvnhope, no, I did my last fresh cycle with TFC, Dr LC Cheng. Now still at TFC but seeing Dr SF Loh.

huh Fou fou..waited so long yet can't see dr..anyone would be annoyed lah..hmm..i think i read somewhere b4 that to collect past records from hospital hv to pay a fee..not sure but good to ask more from kk though to be sure.

ChrisL, no. no more frozen embbies. I am planning for next fresh in Sept. However, I just cannot get the lap off my mind. I don't know if i should go for a lap first before embarking the fresh cycle. If so, I will have to wait again.
kao_sad.gif

fou fou...sry to hear abt yr encounter...like wat luv say gg private will not hv govt grant and its gg to be more costly too .how abt fix another appt with dr tan? with yr case, may request for urgent appt maybe?

i think dr tan is quite gd jus that he is very busy...my last appt with him at 4pm and i got only to see him at almost 6pm becos he went for delivery..

hmm sunstillshines..if the lap is weighing on your mind, you might want to go for it..as in get it over and done with..so start the fresh cycle fresh start..might upz your chances by then. What did your doc recommend that is best for you?

Fou Fou, do think thru carefully as MC said. There are pros and cons to going for govt and private clinics each. Just go with what u're comfortable with.

Luv, thanks for the advice. will go check what documents I hav first.

Chris, ya...had an annoying morning & both of us took a day leave for this appt.

i1bb, thanks! How are you?

MC, ya... no govt grant. will think carefully...
Maybe just go private to do thorough check, seek another opinion and decide again.

Sorry... can someone help to provide the spreadsheet link? Just repaired my laptop & all favorites saved gone...
Thanks in advance!

Hey Kittykatty, thanks!!!
Nice to see u here too... how are you?

i1bb, but at least you are keeping yourself healthy & "tiaoing" your body. I am also not doing much & not eating very healthy too. keke...

Fou Fou,
You are welcome
happy.gif

I m ok. Waiting for menses to come then try again for FET. My last FET was abandon cos I don t ovulate even though egg and lining are good.
I m still thinking whether to do natural or medicated FET this round.........

Morning everyone...

I am still having bad cough but I am starting my short protocol soon think shd b ard end of this week or early next week cos haf to wait for my menses.

I am abit worried that my body will not b reacting well
to the jab since I m still sick.

Is anyone starting the short protocol next week?

Bbshower
I did one eventually 2days ago...
Was zen and steady these few days and even last night and this morning. But the moment they took my blood, i felt scared. I kept telling myself to leave it to Him. But after bt i feel so scared... Sigh.....

Luvnhope
Thanks. Your readings quite high right?

ReikiBaby if ur hpt is positive ur BT shld be no problem too. Dun worry ya just wait for the hospital to call u for the confirmation.

Luv when is ur ultrasound?

Wendy, Luvnhope and i1bb, thanks for your advice! Really help alot in giving me directions on what to do. I shall go ahead with the surgery. Will be meeting doc on sat to discuss.

All the best to all!
happy.gif

Hi Beep,
Heard that if menses is regular should try to go for Natural FET as it will be our own body creating the natural or ideal pregnancy environment for babies. But, this method more troublesome have to see doc more frequent for scan, have to do OPK every morning nearer to ovulation and also worry if will ovulate or not.

Medicated FET is creating artificial environment to support pregnancy. But, is much easier as its controlled. Correct me if I am wrong.

Both my hubby and Dr Zou said to go for Natural FET for one more try if cannot then only go for Medicated FET. But, I am tired of dragging it to another month if it fails again..."Touch Wood"

I guess is trial and error. As long as I can succeed I really don't mind Natural or Medicated FET.

Reikibaby,

Yeeks, so excited for u!!!

Kittykatty,

Yes, ur analysis is correct. I think the unknown of whether we wld ovulate that month is the only issue, else natural wld be better. Nvm, go with your heart, and it will be okay.

Thanks to all. I got my results!!!!! Positive as what laoshi claimed. ;)

As mentioned before, this is my 4th cycle (after 2 fresh and 1 fet). When I went to laoshi in 2011 year end, after a miscarriaged from my 2nd fresh, i was lost and super eager to try again. Cos old pple always say after mc, one will be fertile for the next 6months at least. Laoshi advised me not to rush and told me God has plans for everyone. She recommended me to see a 紫微斗数 (ziweidoushu) lady, Linda. Thinking that having a mc is already so suay liao, so I decided to consult Linda with an open heart to hear what she have to say about me. Linda told me about my life and the obstacles that I will encounter or encountered. Then she looks into my health and told me which month in 2012 onwards will my health be good and will have a pregnancy. Somehow I tried not to be superstitious and wanted to proceed with FET early 2012. But things just come along my way such that I have to kept postponing my FET plan and of course, I was frustrated. Till one day I sat down and somehow recalled Linda's words and took out a calender and count. That moment I believed that HE indeed plans for us. Because after all the postponing, eventually I did my FET close to the date. Of course I really really hope this pregnancy will work out smoothly this time round.

Once my af cleared, I went to see laoshi for healing and cleansing. Prior to my scan for lining, I also went to see her to heal my lining so that one scan will be sufficient for me to proceed. I also visited laoshi before my embryo transfer. Laoshi also did distance healing for my embryos when my embryos were thawed. My embryos were day 3 embryos when freezed and after thawing, they were still beautifully 8 cells embryos.

Not forgetting my favourite TCM Dr Zhao. She is motherly and wonderful. I went to her early 2012 to start tiao my body. Since young my body is weak and worst after the miscarriaged which made my hormones haywired. Under her, I see the improvement in my health and also I waited for her green light to proceed FET.

For this FET, other than taking TCM, i took no other supplements. In the past cycles, I took so many, conceive well, royal jelly, spirulina, LRD tea, but all end up BFN. So I trusted Dr Zhao. She said no need other supplements and being lazy, I just heed her advice. Sometimes less is more, right?

Lastly, I'm still worried with this preg, cos my progesterone level has always been on the low end, and today's bt also showed that my prog level is low. Going to see Dr Loh later and hope he will give me more supports....

Ooops this is too long.... Pai seh....

Congratulations, Reikibaby! It is true when people tell us to have faith and don't give up. Take care of your body and wish you a smooth 9 months ahead!

reikibaby, congratulations on your BFP!

I am not very active on this thread and not reading the old posts. I wonder if you could share with us Linda and your Lao Shi contacts. And also could you share with us how much you spent on healing sessions, ziweidoushu etc. You may also PM me if not convenient to post here.

Once again, congrats! IVF journey is not easy...

Congrats reikibaby, I would like to know the info that just faith asked as well and I PMed u ;)

I'm now in kk waiting for review by dr.sadhana..the board put dr is away so I guess the waiting time will b very long! Sien...

Back