IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thank you Joyfully, Prosepina!!
hcg is e trigger shot? It was ok lah, but leg got kinda heavy. During e poke, sure can feel e med gg in. Hehe

Anyway on e way to KK this morning for my ER. Would be lying if I'm not nervous :s

Good luck Ain!

Dunno why today i seem less bloated. Worried...
sad.gif

Blurbabe, thanks for sharing. Good luck for your ET. Hope you'll spread baby dust soon.

Ain, all the best to ur n may every thing smooth smooth for u.

Hahah... thanks CelC!

Bbjourney, *ouch* ;) Thanks for being here to give us a kok on the head when needed!

BabyGalore cycle buddy, jiayou okie?
happy.gif
Let's banish our negative thoughts!

Sunstillshines, no, i chose not to go out. But if u think u'll feel less stressed going out, can do so lah.
happy.gif
Better than u feeling cooped up and stressed up! Happy mummy, happy babies!
happy.gif

Actually i have a confession to make. After all the talk abt testing yesterday, i couldn't resist the temptation and tested. Got a faint line!!

I'm ecstatic
happy.gif
but at the same time worried if my symptoms lessen. Also had a bad stomachache juz now. Hoping hard it won't affect anything or become a chemical preg, and that my BT results on Monday come back good. Sorry if I seem paranoid!

Babyjourney, thought abt that too but decided i'll wait till Monday since there must be a reason they put the BT that day. Maybe to benchmark hCG level more accurately. And today's half day. Might not get the BT results back today anyway. I will tahan and try not to think too much.
happy.gif
But i think i'll pee on a stick tomorrow again to reassure myself, hahah...

Oh, and good thing I still have an tai yao from TCM doc that can last me till Monday.

Luv, u take it easy ok. Relax n stay stress free. Order your hubby around... Hehehe....
I m very happy for you. Shall wait for your double/triple confirmation on monday. Hugz hugz...

Congrats Luvnhope! Really happy for u! Spread bb dust to us Hee!
happy.gif

I just went for my scan and did my first Elonva jab. Anyone used the new drug before?
Red velvet, u waiting for AF to come?

Thanks Hope! Still doesn't feel very official yet until the BT.
happy.gif

Oh, you're using the new drug! Do u need to take the jab every day too? Cos the news said can reduce number of injections with this new drug. Was wondering if the injections are spaced out or if they mean that the drug works faster and therefore fewer jabs.

Luvnhope, at least it's something positive.... Just need to wait for the BT confirmation!

Yup fewer jabs. In fact I need to go back on D5 for scan to see if I'm responding well. If yes I think I don't need daily jabs. So from tml till D5, I don't need daily jabs yet. DH is so relief that he doesnt have to jab me for now haha. Hope everything will turn out fine!

Hope, my menses just came this morning. Called hospital and they said to go down on Monday. You feel any discomfort at all? It is unchattered water, kind of dunno what to expect from the new drug. So when is your next jab?
happy.gif

Thanks Hope!
happy.gif
Oh, that's good that you don't need daily injections. Gentler on your skin!

Hahah Mc... cheng ni gui yan
happy.gif

Thanks Depressed Gal!
I'm no expert and actually followed many of the advice given by the sisters here. The things i did differently from my 1st failed fresh and FET which i think helped are:
- Went for acupuncture and took TCM briefly b4 and during cycle (DH also went for TCM)
- Took Conceive Well, CoQ10 in addition to folic acid (first fresh only took folic acid)
- 1 bottle of chicken essence every day
- Red date drinks more often (esp from ER onwards)
- Cut out coffee and tea after ER
- Wore slippers at home to keep feet warm
- Wore long pants at night while sleeping (in aircon room usually) to keep warm; I used to just sleep in shorts
- Kept tummy warm with jacket or towel during 2ww
- Most importantly, tried to stay relaxed and stress free; rested whenever possible

Also,
- Tried different stimulation drug (GonalF instead of Menopur)
- Got to ER and ET earlier than b4 so that lining didn't get too thick
- Rested for longer time after ET b4 getting up
- Did Day 2 transfer instead of Day 3
- Assisted hatching was done which may have really made a difference
- Better post-ET support than in previous fresh cycle

Symptoms:
- Felt twinges while walking on d5p2dt
- Bloating started on d7p2dt after 2nd Ovidrel (hCG) support jab
- On-off cramps from d10p2dt onwards
- Some nausea at times
- Heightened sensitivity to smells
- Feeling more thirsty than usual and having dry, chapped lips (more so than usual)
- Waking up to pee at night

Whichever of the above methods worked, I'm very grateful for the advice of the sisters here.
happy.gif
Thanks all!

Sisters in 2ww too, jia you!!

Red velvet, today is my D2. Suppose to go down for a scan on 13th to see the progress. Nurse said if progress is good then I don't need daily jabs. Hmm what is Uncharttered water? Haha I lay down when the nurse jab me so I didn't really see. You at CARE?
happy.gif

Just finished my scan. Lining 6
L: 10,8
R: 10,7

Not many eggs even though I'm on 450iu already.
Now added 150 IU of menopur. 3 injections total per nite.

Thanks Fou Fou!!
happy.gif

BabyGalore, first time round i tested in the afternoon. Very very very very faint line. Then this morning tested again using first morning urine. Slightly darker but still faint line. Maybe u can try to hold ur bladder for 4h at least and test if u can't wait till tmw morning so that it may be more concentrated. And dun take too much water b4 testing. Good luck!!
happy.gif

I never leave this thread since I joined in Feb. Have not been posting cos nothing much to contribute. Having mixed feeling at times, emotion up n down. Met up wi friends yesterday, all are mummies, felt so left out. Likely to start my final destination next mth. Initially plan to go pte but now decided to go back KKH as find it less stressful cos got subsidies. Wondering will I ever be a mother.... this dream seem to be far far away. Sorry to pour out my feeling here on a beautiful sat morning. There is no where else I can pour my emotion and no one else can understand my feeling except with all of u here in this forum.

Congrat to those sisters who BFP n all the best to those in the queue to BFP!

Congrats luv, faint line also line, somhappymfor u! Hopefully will have good news followed by other cycle buddies ;)

SunSS, i did went out le. My mum going back tomorrow, toay have to bring her do some light shopping.

Hope, today I am spotting so not considered as D1 right? Sorry I meant new and unfamilar route. Hehehe. Since we are the first few taking Elonva.

I am at Raffles hospital with Sheila Loh. I am excited leh, my heart is pounding. My doc said I am very kan cheong type. ;P

Bigbear, dont be despair! You will have your baby with you soon. Take one step at a time and make measurable plans. First got to decide which hospital you want to do your treatment and go from there.

Red_velvet, thank for your encourgement! Will be back to kkh after much consideration. Is either make it or break it. If really not meant to be, will move on from there and focus on other aspect of life! :-|

Luv, many congrats! That time I tested before BT also only a faint line! Wish u double blessings this time! Jia u n all the best!!

Bigbear, don't give up ok.. Actually, go pte or stay at kkh doesn't really matter much. Sometimes I feel it's fate. Doesn't mean go pte sure success n public hosp won't. Who is yr doctor? Must stay positive n start ur preparation now, including tcm, some exercises, stay happy n stress free, n eat n sleep well.. U will make it this round! Jia you!!!

randy..adding menopur works better for me..i am also on 450 puregon and 150 menopur..eat more EW..how many days of jab r u now?

bigbear..there are also lots of success cases in kkh..dun giv up.

luv..u wanna try clearblue digital? it will tell u preg or not..no need guess guess on the faint line

Bigbear, awwww..... Dun be sad. We've all gone thru rough patches. Certainly understand how u feel. But glad that u're not giving up. Jiayou!!

Eskimo, thanks so much!!
happy.gif
Hope u get ur BFP soon too! Where r u in the cycle now?

Depressed Gal, forgot to mention I also have a sore hip, stuffy nose n increased CM (sorry if tmi) during 2ww.

Cock cock, KKH will be Dr Sadhana. Previous 2 cycles also under her. Have been seeing TCM Dr Zou since march till now. Drink LRD 3-4 times a week, black chicken soup once a week, folic acid n Vit D daily plus brazil but occasionally. Wear sock n tummy warmer at night. Yoga weekly. Really do not know whatelse can I do. Arhh....only know I am less happy since started this journey as the subconscious stress start building up. Demoralise at times! Will try to relax more. Thank for being here watching us.

Luv, congrats! Am so happy for you!
happy.gif
I will be going to CARE on mon too... Haha, hope to bump into you!! Hope to grab bbdust from you in person!
happy.gif

Bigbear, please try to be positive. I strongly believe that it helps.
happy.gif
I have a friend who is diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer at start of this year, after giving birth to her twin boys, and was told that her chances of recovering is slim. But becos she is a positive person, her reading ( sorry, don't know what it is called) has dropped from 150plus to 26. Which means she is recovering very well (to be considered recover needs a
reading of 25 and below).

So, though we need medical help, our mental state being is also crucial in helping us to fight against any illness or disease! Jiayou.. We will be all here to support one another.

Red_valvet, if everything goes on well, it will be next mth!

MC_007, thank!

Luvnhope, thank! A big Congrat to u! Muck! U bring hope to many of us! All the best to your BT on Monday
happy.gif

Prosepina, thks too! Hope u r doing fine too! Waiting for ur good news!
happy.gif

Cockcock!! Long time no hear from u! Thanks, u make me feel more assured. Which day did u test, do u remember?

Mc, I used cheap strips to test. Still left with one Guardian hpt. Think I'll just use it tmw n then Mon will be my BT liao
happy.gif
thks for the suggestion.

Yes, bigbear, like what other sisters here said, try to stay positive.. Most impt is to be happy n not be so stressed up.. I bfp under dr sadhana too! Looks like u hv done most of what u can oredi.. Give yrself a short holiday before u start next mth? I think it will help! I will pray along w u for success this time! Jia u dear!

Red velvet, spotting not considered D1. Must be real flow. I'm new also Hee so let's share information! It's my first fresh cycle. Try to relax though I know it's not easy. I'm trying to relax too!
happy.gif

Back