IVF/ICSI Support Group

yup yup...
happy.gif
I hope to start the cycle soon. Excited... hehe.

when will be seeing ur dr? urs is long protocol or short? Mine is long..so my ER & ET ..I tink shld be ard 3rd or 4th week Sept..;-)

Bubbli, I will be under short protocol. I did some BT which need these BT to clear b4 I can proceed with the jab. I hope everything will be fine and can proceeds with it...
happy.gif
U go TCM for this cycle?

Today is my day 4 of my Lucrin but I dont feel any side effect as of now. Is it common?

Btw during 1st jab Lucrin what should we eat or do we eat as normal. I am now eating egg white, chic essence (bottle), folid acid and med from Dr Zou (help for lining).

What else should I eat?

oic...So if urs short..then will be earlier than mine lor...Yup TCM
with Dr Zou..Dun know whether will sign up for Raffles TCM when ER
nearer...At the moment Dr Zou only...But only do accu..no herbs..

U go to Dr Zou?

Bubbli, but I dunno whether when my cycle will start at this
Moment. I'm seeing dr Zou too n only acupuncture no herbs too. Hehe. All the best to u n v jiayou together ya....

hi hazel,

Just wanted to vent my frustrations here. My confinement lady played me out yesterday and told me that she unable to do my confinement as she has something on. Which i believed she could have taken on another better offer. Was pretty upset with her cos she played me out last min and not at all apologetic at all. My EDD is 19 Jan 2012, now I'll have to start looking for replacement nanny.
5893280.gif

Hi ladies. Sad to announce on my bfn and no baby dust to spread to all of you. I was mentally prepared when I saw heavy flow of my menses last night so going down for my Beta BT today was for confirmation. The nurse was nice and helped me book an early appointment with Dr this week for further discussion.

I had a quick sentimetal felt and teared after my BT. Hence accepted the result when I received the result call without anxiety. I give myself a clap on the good job I've gone through and life still move on. Ladies with bfn, don't be too upset over this issue and move on to the next plan cos' you've done your best and sometimes fated.

My DH and I went for a movie show and lunch after BT. Was very tired when we reached home and had a good nap.

Was think of moving on to FET. Can anyone advise what is the protocol in KKIVF? What food to eat in preparing for FET? How long apart is advisable to start from previous cycle? When to see Dr Zou for accupunctual?

Jaded, how's yours?

All the best to those going for beta BT this week! : )

Thanks to those who has given me your encouragement, advise and sharing your story in this thread for the past few days. And thanks to those who has accompany me during this 2ww.

Hi Nadia (bubbli indeed!) - Yeah! Good to know you are cycling in end Aug, that means the hormone levels have stabilized? Good luck & have a smooth cycle.

Hi fatefully - can try some pre-natal supplements (can get from pharmacy normal brands like blackmores or shops like GNC) if you are not taking any now. no harm as it's just vitamins.

Vyvy: its k if ur menses come before scan.. Wats impt is to ensure ur hormones r suppressed enuff to start stim... Even if menses dun come.. It doesnt mean u can continue.. No worries.. Anything u r unsure call kkivf n ask.. The nurses there r helpful..;-)

JoynFaith: so sorry to hear... Gd ur spirit is up... Watever happens is really beyond our control.. We hv tried our best... But all is up to HIM... U can go to Dr Zou once u finish ur menses.. There r 2 types of FET journey.. Natural or medicated.. Ur dr will be able to advise u which u will take..wish u all the best.. Big hugs to u

Chris, 19 Jan means u will hit the cny period. How much she said will charge u? The mkt rate us $3k plus for 28 days during cny period.. Actually, she may not hv accepted other better offer. Some CL dun wan to do cny period. ESP your case, cny starts on 23 Jan, that means she cant attend for reunion dinner. I hv not booked mine too. The one I wanted was already not available even I called her a mth ago. I plan To go To an agency at 5-6 mths pregnant after full detailed scan. Planned to go GPLS but now it Is in midst of take over. Dunno when will settle. See how. Worse come to worse, I still hv my mum to help me. Just that with CL I can shake leg more :p

Ron: hi hi.. Yup hopefully hormones r well...Still got a long journey ahead for me... Just hope all goes smoothly n see lots of +ve sign ahead.. :)... How r u? U completed urs or still in midst?

Thanks bubbli, u mention out expected ER and ET should be 3th or 4th week of sept, so that means you start lucrin this week too? Cos the nurse gauge for me ER maybe between 14 to 20 of sept.

Vyvy: me only starting suppression end of this mth.. Hmm u starting lucrin this week... Urs will be earlier than mine..mine shld be ard 20 something onwards..;-).. Wish u all the best.. Take a step at a time... Go with the flow.. Impt to keep stress away... Stay +ve n hepi.. Lots of good eggs grow n grab hold of BFP tight tight...;-)

Sleep before 11pm is good too...;-)

JoynFaith, Im sorry to hear the sad news. I hope time will heal your wound. But most importantly you have your DH there with you throughout this difficult journey, because their presence, encouragement and support can make the wound heal faster. When is your doctor's appointment?
When I did my FET, I did it naturally. Use these few months to be peaceful and tiao hao your body. You can go to TCM for a start and start doing exercise to make yourself more fit and eat multivitamins. Once you r ready you can go to battle again. I wish you all the best and hope you strike lottery next try. Hugs.. hugs...

Hi Joynfaith, sorry to hear abt ur bfn.. But glad that u r strong!!
Keep up d +ve thoughts!!!

Hi Bingbing, get a thermometer with 2 decimal plc. Take ur temp ard the same time every morning d moment u open ur eyes before even getting out of bed.. If u r using iPhone, thr is an app called Period Tracker. U can store ur data thr..

Hi Bingbing, under the tongue type. Some pharmacies may even sell d basal thermometer. It is supposed to b more accurate than d normal fever thermometer..

Hopeful: Thanks! Will get one and start to measure my BBT... I read that you have been seeing the TCM at Marine Parade, do you do accu there as well? Can we only request to do accu without taking the herbs medicine? I dun like the taste of chinese med...
sad.gif

Hi Bingbing, nope. The Marine Parade TCM does not do acupuncture. Do consider going to him.. The medicine is manageable.. If u wan to do acu, thr r a few other options..

JOynFaith,
Sorry to hear of ur results.. Yes, give urself a pat, knowing hw strong a woman u hv been.. Good job..
To answer sme of ur qns...

I m on natural FeT @ KKIVF - call KKH on day 1 of menses.. day 10 of menses start scanning & opk.. Opk daily.. Repeat scan every 2 or 3 days apart or whn opk shws positive.. Et 3 days aft o day.. BT ard 17 days later..

Food to eat bef fet - abt the same as fresh.. During my fresh, I followed closely wat to eat, wat not to eat.. Stil.. So I hv learnt not to restrict myself too much.. But eat in moderation... A happie me makes embbies more willing to stick to me.. :-D

Normally resting for 2 mths wld b sufficient to commence fet.. But mentally muz b ready too...

U can start seeing Dr Zou ard day 6 of menses whn the flow is lighter..

I hope I hv cleared abit of ur doubts.. All the best for the upcoming battle...

Sunbelle,
m oso very bored @ home.. Tis fet 2ww is more boring than my fresh one...
Watch DVD til sianz le...

Minakochang,
Back on ur quest in aug / sep? Jiayou, k?

Hi joynfaith, I'm sorry to hear about your bfn, but I'm glad you're keepin the faith
happy.gif

We are so in the same boat..I started bleeding heavily yesterday evening n I knew it was game over..but I dragged myself down to Kkh this morning for the test..n as if it wasn't bad enough, it took 2 nurses n 1 doctor to finally draw out some blood from my veins for the test (I now have 3 punctures on me, 1 left, 1 right and 1 near to my wrist) n it left a bruise the size of a five cent coin on one of my arms...i've always been terrified of needles but I thought it shd be pretty easy and a quick one before the test this morning..so when I had to go through the ordeal of getting poked so many times, I cldnt help but started tearing..luckily my hubby was there for me but I think he had 'heart pain' when he saw them puncturing me with the needles :p

Lucky u, u get to see the dr this wk, my appt is next wk..btw are u with dr Loh too? I think I'll go visit the Chinese dr recommended by hopeful before I start the FET..unfortunately I don't have much frozen ones so am only left with a couple of FETs..need to ask dr if I shd start a fresh cycle again, argh.. Sure hope u have more luck than me in terms of frozen embies

Thks for letting me rant and I wish all those who are gg thru the process or abt to begin the process lots of bb dust and hear of more bfps on this thread!
happy.gif

Hi Jaded, its alright for you to rant..whether it is happy or sad because the purpose of this forum is for all of us to pour out our fear, emotions and feelings. This IVF journey is mentally and physically draining, it is not easy for all of us. We put so much hope in it that when we fall, we fall hard too. We are here to give emotional support and strength to each other and we all accompany each other throughout the journey. Dun forget you are not alone. I really hope you the best in the FET and hope to see you in this forum again. Btw how many frozen embryo that u have?

Hi Binbing,
If you want to go for accupuncture you can try to go to Raffles Hospital, Dr. Jin Jihua. She do accupuncture and she never give me any chinese med to eat just suggestions what kind of herbal tonic that I can eat in order to increase the blood.

Morning All,

Thanks for your advises and all the positivity when i need it most.
I have managed to transfer 2 embryos back in on Mon and now I am in my 2ww. They are really 2 fighters as they are the only ones predicted to fight and indeed they did not disappoint. My blood test is scheduled on the 29th Aug.

I will have faith and continue this journey and hope they will stick with me like superglue!

All the ladies in the 2WW, wishing you all the best and may you guys spread the baby dust around!!!

Hi ladies, there is a sista checking forum on HP at TFC this morning? Green top w lace. I am in the black dress. Hello
happy.gif

Hi Nadia,

Yes it is!!! i was so scared yesterday and when they told me i had 2 to transfer i was in tears of joy!! at least there is hope for me to move on.

And thanks again!

Jaded, joynfaith, so sad to read about your bfn, but as imel said this ivf journey is not an easy one, and after all the efforts that we have put in, we may not strike in one go. I hope you stay positive throughout all this *hugs*

Ziah, glad to hear about the 2 strong embbies, rest well during your 2ww and hope you will bfp on 29aug. Good luck for queenie too on 29aug!

Ron, good luck for today's BT, am rooting for u!

Hi Ziah - enjoy the well-fought 2ww. Stickyvibes to your 2 fighters.

Hi bubbli - just got back from clinic after bhcg bt, cannot really concentrate at work until they call
happy.gif
You @ CARE this round ya?

Hi Queenie/Ashley - thanks
happy.gif

Ron..u r in ur 2ww liao huh..Best of luck...Hope they call u soon soon...u not in HL..back to werk liao? Yup me with CARE this time round..;-)

Gals, thanks for your encouragement.

Queenie122009, what's opk? Thanks for your other information.

Jaded, sorry about the same news as me. Be strong and move forward. Just remembered we have tried our best. Give yourself a good pad. Good job, dear! One of my gal friends suggested me to go for TCM before going for FET. She told me to ensure to build my uterus warmth and strong first. Going through another cycle will weaken our body so best to ensure our body is strong before doing. Did you go for TCM in your recent IVF cycle? Which TCM do you plan to go? Yesterday was very crowded in the centre and took me 45mins of waiting before my turn for BT. Thanks to the nurse to do the booking for me since she knew the chances of bfp was unlikely. Yes, I'm with Dr SF Loh too. You can ask him for the BT figures whether no pregnancy or M/C. I also want to check with him on my lining so can improve the next round if needed. I have very little precious embryos too. I'm still having heavy flow even today, do you?

Ziah, stick hard.

Ron, all the best!

Imel, I've two precious embryos frozen. Miserable, isn't it? Wonder they will survive after thaw.

Hi all,

I am a Singapore PR, can I use my/my spouse's medisave for IVF treatment? How about govt grant? Is it just for Singaporeans? Is it a must to buy a insurance prior to the IVF treatment? If yes, how much is the premium and what is the coverage?

Hello Hazel >>

Is the waiting queue at TPS long? Estimate about how long? Today I waited from AMC to Clinic D from 10.30am to 2.15pm becuz half way Dr Loh called out for emergency etopic op for one of the ivf patients. He did apologize after that and told me he will shift us to TPS for next visit in 3 weeks time and said there he not so stress and the environment not so tensed also.

DH ask me to decide between him or private. Thing is DH mentioned he can't always take full day off just to wait for Dr Loh & hope TPS will improve things. He told me if I choose pte, I should say byebye to Dr Loh properly and vice versa. I'm quite vex now and just wanted some advice from the sisters here to your pov on whether to stay or switch. I feel extremely comfortable with both, I can ask nonsense questions and they still entertain me. Dr Loh did continue to tell me about etopic still able to happen to those who put 2 or more embryos (although rare) as well as DS risks but we know its part of his role to inform us. Also gave us open option to go for OSCAR test. Said wait I low risk then after test become high risk I worry like mad for nothing also...

Let me know, love to hear from you... Dh wants me to decide by end of the week...

Hi Ron >> all the best & bb dust to BT today! :D

Back