IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Teddybaby

oh, so ET is only on Tue? That means our ET dates are 3 days apart..hmm, do you know whether it makes a diff? When is your pregnancy blood test? I read earlier you were worried about the qty of your follicles..how many eggs fertilised in the end? And do share if you receive any advice from your doc on what to avoid during the 2WW? For mine, the nurse only mentioned no swimming, no massage and strenuous activities but no restriction on food except chinese medicine.

Hi Hui
I transferred 3. The last time round I transferred 2 so i'm very determined to try 3 now...

hi Mandy
soo good..my hubby don't want put three..he want put two only..i tot since pay money might as well try three...
sad.gif

Hi, any one here has heard of FET success? My 1st ICSI failed but have 5 embbies frozen. Like to hear if I should start a fresh cycle for better chances or should I proceed to thaw the 5 embbies I stored from my ICSI.

hi humble,
thanks.

hi jily,
i think, we need to have 48hrs bedrest after transfer, but minimal activities is still alright. heat? i know we need to keep it warm. Drink more water after transfer, this is important.

hi mandy,
mine beta test is ealier then you. well, my boss didn't really ask me about the leaves.

Hi hui
is there a reason why your hubby doesnt want to do that? Worried of multiples isit?

Hi biscuit
When are you doing your blood test and which hospital are u with? Do you intend to use the home pregnancy test kit to test first? I asked my nurse but she said hpt will only be accurate after D17..the jabs we are doing right now will affect result (regardless of whether it is HCG or progesterone)

Florah Loh,

I have gone through FET recently and it failed, even tho its 'blasto' stage, 7 days old embbies with quite a number of cells multiplication. The nurse told me later the success rate of FET is lower than fresh cycle, but I heard of people (fr my TCM doc) succeeding in FET cycle.

If I have frozen embbies left, i would want to go for FET. its much more hassle free- just track your natural ovulation, then put in the embbies 7 days after ovulation(if your embbies are 7 days old like mine)

Hi stumbled_by,

I have been following your postings and found that you have the same issue as me - poor sperm morphology. Which doctor are you seeing? Have you brought hubby to a urologies?

Sorry, I meant urologist.

Just wondering are there are others who face the same issue. Hubby suffers from bilateral (both sides) varicocele and has gone for ligation on the left side. Morphology improved from 0% to 6%.

Not sure whether we should get him to do the right side to improve it further. Normal range is 14% (Kruger). But thought ICSI should solve that probelm but somehow my 1st ICSI (with 2 embies) didn't work out. I am really devastated as I originally thought my fertility should compensate but somehow it didn't worked out as I wanted...

Hi biscuit

Thanks for your info. I think i saw in one foreign thread that after ET, have to avoid hot bath & sauna (but shower is ok). One lady even said she had to showered back facing to avoid hot water directly on the stomach.

Hi Hui

Oic..actually the cost will work out to be the same, cos if you have frozen embies, you have to pay for storage cost as well. So might as increase chances of success by putting in 3.

My thinking was like you as well when i did my first attempt, hence i put in 2. Then i realised that it is not that easy to "kena" triplets or even twins.. I think most ladies on this forum put in 3 as well and the incidence of getting multiples is not very high..But at the end of the day, the most impt thing is you have to be comfortable whatever your decision is..

hi mandy

i transferred 3 blastocysts. the embryologist waited a while because she said that the shell of the eggs were really thick and so she was very concerned about the quality. they retrieved 26 eggs but only 11 were mature. 8 were fertilised but only 5 made it to day 5. 3 in me and the other two frozen.

that's why i really really want for things to work out this time round cos my gynae said that my FSH levels are slightly elevated on day 3 of my cycle - meaning that my egg reserves are running low.

my test date is on 29 apr cos Mt E test on Day 16 post ER.

hi hui, hope this answers your question too about how many i transferred. i think it's pretty standard that they will tranfer 3, unless the patient requests otherwise. if you are worried about the cost, you try and see which one is more economical, paying insurance for 3 embies or the storage costs or your remaining embies.

i hope your hsg turned out ok ... good luck!

Flora Loh,

We decided to go for TCM. Cos western doctor seems to only give male hormones or medicine to make you more alert (in order to do the 'act' ?) Think hubby took some medicine (wheat something) and it gave him pimples breakout. Not sure if its related to males hormones. Summer01 recommended a medicine (in the unsuccessful thread) but later I found out its male hormones..

Hubby taking TCM faithfully for a year. But however, the past few sperm reports done during my IUI didnt show significant improvements..

Went to two different urologists. Somehow they think that the problem is not that serious although on paper it did look serious. Thats why one urologist suggested TTC'ing twice a week and forget about whole matter. but as I have said in previous forum, its hard to TTC twice a week and act nonchalant, esp i am prone to UTI..

i also felt same way when I went through ICSI. I thought it will definitely suceed cos I am relatively problem free although at certain months I dont ovulate that well. My hubby did not have vein problem when the urologist examined him. What is ligation for men ? I thoughts its for female who dont want to get pregnant ?

hi flora

my hubby also have same problem as yours and it's made worse because i have PCOS and adenomyosis.

i also have a problem with egg quality ... i have read in many websites that good quality D3 embryos does not mean that they will implant when transfered in the womb.

i feel lucky that the embryologist at Mt E is so detailed in checking the thickness of the shell and ensuring that the good embryos survived.
she did assisted hatching for me and even took away the shell from the embryos before they were transferred. she said that this will help the embryos to implant (with such a thick shell they might not implant). we'll see ...

hi stumbled_by

please do not give up and keep the faith! take care!

hi didi

its actually day 5 embryo ... more developed than day 3 embryo. according to some websites i read, and the embryologist, they are supposed to be stronger and have higher chance of implantation.

see how lor ... i can only keep the faith!

thanks for wishes!

hi hui

i read from the other thread that you got cramps and had to take painkiller.

how now? do you feel better? maybe put a hotwater bottle on your tummy and it will make you feel better. i do this when i have menstrual cramps.

has the nurse called you with the results?

good luck!

Teddybear

tks for the encouragement. your embryologist is really detailed! This is the first time i heard about hard shell!

Mine was day 5 embryo during fresh cycle and day 7 embryo during FET...but none succeed. I guess more developed embryos (more cells developed) may not mean higher chance of implantation. Cos i noticed some fertility centres implant on Day 3!! Anyway, don worry about my situation (of day 5 or day 7). Different people react differently..

good luck to u !

Btw, is Mt E very expensive ? How much do u spend on one full IVF cycle ? U said they will always transfer 3 embryos u mean irregardless of age ? (< 35 years old also transfer 3?)

hi jily,
yes, try to avoid sauna. but u still need to keep it warm.

i have received a -ve results today. dr. mentioned that i probably have a miscarriage due to implantation problem. this is why we cannot have 100% success rate in ivf.

well, i will probably try TCM before FET..

all the best to those 2WW ladies here.

Hi Biscuit

Im so sorry to hear that. Dun be sad. u still can do FET, it will be a lot easier. Yup, is good to try TCM before FET to regulate your body first. Just remember it's not going to be easy but it's going to be worth it. U take care ok.

hi stumbled_by

mount e usually does day 3 transfer ... only i'm a different case because of the quality of my embryos. we'll see how lor.

the full bill has not come yet, but i had to pay deposit of $3k before i did my ER. i'm actually with dr fong who operates a private clinic, but he does his procedures with mt e. i don't know how much i've paid to dr fong for medication etc. too scared to total everything up cos i'm quite sure that it's a lot!

hi biscuit

another big hug for you. take care!

hi mandy

how's it going? one more week to get through ah? good luck!

btw, did your doctor do a blood test to check whether you have enough progestrone in your body?

my blood test result from last sat (day 4 days post transfer and 9 days post retrieval) indicated that my levels are low. so now, in addition to the crinone inserts, i have to eat duphaston tabs 3 times a day.
do you know if a low level will affect the implantation of the embryos? sigh! now i'm worried!

hi humble, jily, mandy and teddybaby,
thanks very much for your encouragement. well, i think the baby will come to you when he/she is destiny to be yours.

teddybaby,
do you need so many progesterone stuffs? Oh.. normally, people will either go for inserts or duphaston tablets only. i heard progesterone is to make your lining soft.

hi biscuit

sigh! i didn't know that i will have so many problems leh. the doc said that the progesterone will help to improve/sustain the lining so the embryos can implant.
when we started ivf, he did tell me that usually that the inserts will be enough to sustain but it would appear that my body is not absorbing the progesterone well. so have to top up with oral progesterone. sigh!!!

Hi teddbaby,
THe minimum reading for progesterone level is 60 and above. what was yours? I remember mine was 530.tested positive, but later embryo stop growing.

hey just wondering if anyone here knows what it means to ahve a E2 (estradiol) hormone level of 4k plus in early pregnancy?

is it good or is it bad?

hi renee,
how are u doing? didn see u around for long.

biscuit,
i admire ur will power, I think that u r right thats wat the counseller told me too when i asked abt how to handle failure. take care u

babymaking,
i don know abt this, jus hang in there the other gals may be able to help u. Baby dust on u
411254.gif

thks hui &amp; humble

my gyane is not very informative and he seems super busy. any questions get directed to the nurse who cannot provide any good reason.

so couldn;t get any info from him what does E2 in early pregnancy signify. from what i gather from the net, 4k plus is a high figure - dun know good or bad.

hcg at dpo13 is only 29 and progesterone is 180.

my last pregnancy failed because of low progesterone and dropping hcg. now there's this E2 to contend about.

hi babymaking
the sisters hee will cross their fingers for u on thur.be strong k..meanwhile rest well
happy.gif

btw,which hospital u went n which gyane?

hi renee

it's 107. dunno why the nurse said dr fong said it should be higher leh. been worried for two days, since the phone call on monday.

today, decided that i will not worry anymore and will let nature take its course.

i'm sorry that things didn't work out for you. hope that you are still keeping a positive attitude and will try again soon. good luck!

hi babymaking

sorry i dont know anything about this E2 thingie.

please stay positive ... i'm hope that everything will work out for you. best wishes!

hi I am new in this forum...

Hi babymaking,
Wish u all the best. Went through ICSI 2. The money didn't matter as much as the mental strain..

HI didi, hunble,
ya me been very busy. just move house 2 days ago.... now consider settle down at the temporary rented flat. moving house is really no joke. very very tired indeed. Hubby and I planned to go holiday in may, when first failed the last round. But there might be some changes next month.

me now relax first lah. may be next month do FET. Not carry high hope though. But Dr. say try every possible chance. So just listen loh. NOw I'm alreay so so so tired stressing over going through rounds and rounds of IVF/ICSI. But I won't give up.Like I saild before, will try till Dr tell me I have no chance anymore. Hope I don't have to come to that.

teddybaby,
I think different hospital have different requirement. Or they just want to play safe. so don't worry. Hope thing turn out well for you ok. Take care.

Hi Renee, oh I see that's the reason for your sudden 'disppearance', so where is your new place ? I really do admire your perseverance
happy.gif

didi,
I still stay around the same area. just 2 street away from my old place. use to the place really can't think of any where else to move to.(cos my aunt and cousis are stay the same area too)

No need to admire....To me all of us here are the same-BRAVE!!! who on earth willing to go through such thing, besides the pain, there are things like stress, side effects and mental/emotion stability we all have to take care of. After my last treatment, I got vry very bad face breakouts. now I don't feel like going out at all. everytime see my face I feel so heartaching.

Been so busy moving house, I kind of stayed away from the whole IVF thingy. Suddenly not so kan cheong as before. I think all of us should try to relax. that will be easier to lead our life. Otherwise the whloe IVF thing will eat us up.

So when will be your big day? Sorry ar, I think too long never post now one short long story. He he...

Renee, for me I haven't decide when is 'THE' big day yet. I totally agree that when we are busy we forgot about getting stressed. Take Care
happy.gif

hi renee,
I too think that u are steady minded and strong. I wish i can be like you if this cycle fails. I spoke to the counsellor abt handling failure she asked me to visualize wat i will do if it doesnt work but i cant bring myself do it at this point of time with lots of hope and confidence.

Yes u r right take a break before embarking on another tuff journey. I m trying to relax by doing yoga but sometimes doing yoga itself becomes a form of stress ha ha!

take care u

humble,
Ha ha.. I also signed on a 12 session yoge way before I started IVF. I was like you too, feeling is a form of stress to go for the yoge class. At the end I went for it because I paid so much for it!!
I always have this backup mind with me. Telling myself that if it fails, I just have to go for another round. as long as $$ is not the issue. But it is very siong to spend those $$ after rounds and round of failures...

renee,
hee hee.. i paid only 45 for 10 sessions of yoga but very lazy to go la!

Yeah, money is another factor, for my case need to save before thinking of another cycle. Aiya evreytime save money and pay for ivf, cant even think of going for a long holiday.

Hi Renee and HUmble, I have also attended Yoga before but I can't really relax during Yoga, as when the time comes when the instructor off the light and on the sentimental music I will feel so emotional that I will wept.....so I have stopped going to Yoga and go for aerobics instead
happy.gif

humble,

wow..your yoga session is really cheap..

All,

i do yoga on my own (at home). For me, yoga is more like an exercise rather than relaxation. Sweat it out! you will feel good at the end of the exercise..

Back