IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yes, I'm also taking progesterone inserts as well. ... too early for me to do a blood test as I'm only on 3dp3dt.. still a Long way to go...
U can start test 2 days before Bt and on the day of Bt...just to compose urself first.so whatever the real Bt results b u wun b hit hard like a rock..

Its the side effects of the medication itself..

So this effect will last though to till I stop the medication? Coz last time I was only taking progesterone inserts the effects eventually faded ( the sore breasts) as the day's nearer to the bt as I was not pregnant.... hope someone/anyone can share their experience on progynova too..

Hi ladies,
I'm planned for FET next week. Thinking to increase the frequency of accupunture leading up to the FET procedure. e.g.: having it alternate days for a wk.
wonder if it increases the chance of bfp. has anyone done that ?
Also shd we have accupunture right after the procedure? Thanks

Hi ladies,
I'm planned for FET next week. Thinking to increase the frequency of accupunture leading up to the FET procedure. e.g.: having it alternate days for a wk.

Usually the physician will recommend u to go on alternate days. After ET you will also go alternate days for 3 times. Frankly, am not sure also if acupuncture increase the chance. I went for acupuncture diligently prior and after ET and I had a live birth. For this round, I decided not to go TCM as all the Travelling and waiting at TCM is actually stressful. And I still bfp without acupuncture. Ultimately it depends on the embryo. Good luck to your upcoming FET!

Hi all, went for blood test this am and result is negative. Feeling sad though.
However, got to know from the embryologist that i have 4 good embryos that can be frozen. Will do 2nd cycle again.

So this effect will last though to till I stop the medication? Coz last time I was only taking progesterone inserts the effects eventually faded ( the sore breasts) as the day's nearer to the bt as I was not pregnant.... hope someone/anyone can share their experience on progynova too..

I just started taking this before my scheduled FET. So far it makes me abit tired and moody.. plus a few pimples popping out.

Anybody experience VISIBLE SLOW HEARTBEAT at ultrasound but CANNOT MEASURE SPEED?

Not sure what this means. Does it mean heartbeat is so weak that the machine cannot detect it and cannot measure the speed, but but because the heart is moving the heart's movement can be seen?

At the scan last week, no heartbeat detected.
Today scan, can see heartbeat visibly, but doc couldn't measure the speed though he thinks its very slow and likely <80bpm.

So sorry to hear that dear~ Wishing you all the best in your next cycle! The number of frozen embryos are good!
Thanks starrain9874 for the encouraging words. I guess probably i did not rest enough during these 2ww as i was walking quite alot. Will try to avoid this for my next FET.

4 good embryos is good. Be positive and just look forward to your FET. At least you don't have to start another fresh cycle! :)
Thanks spinsterella. Its really a relief that i do not need to go through all the injections all over again.
Will look forward to my next FET. Is it that we have to wait for 2 more menstrual cycles then can proceed to do the next FET?

Hi ladies,

You should check with ur tcm doc on the arrangement for acupuncture. Think no harm increasing ur frequency before the transfer. I personally feel it helped to improve my lining. However, for after transfer, it's best to check with the doc. For 3 day transfer and 5 day transfer also got difference one.

All the best :)

Anybody experience VISIBLE SLOW HEARTBEAT at ultrasound but CANNOT MEASURE SPEED?

Not sure what this means. Does it mean heartbeat is so weak that the machine cannot detect it and cannot measure the speed, but but because the heart is moving the heart's movement can be seen?

Today scan, can see heartbeat visibly, but doc couldn't measure the speed though he thinks its very slow and likely <80bpm.

It happened to me before, dr tan said the heartbeat was too weak to be detected. And the following week there is no more heart beat...

Usually the physician will recommend u to go on alternate days. After ET you will also go alternate days for 3 times. Frankly, am not sure also if acupuncture increase the chance. I went for acupuncture diligently prior and after ET and I had a live birth. For this round, I decided not to go TCM as all the Travelling and waiting at TCM is actually stressful. And I still bfp without acupuncture. Ultimately it depends on the embryo. Good luck to your upcoming FET!

Hi knotti, do u mind to share what medicine does doctor prescribe to you before and after bfp ?

I did. Saw on wk 6 & 7 but on wk 7 doctor say faint heartbeat. Lost it on wk8.

Thanks Skippyloo & Daledale.

Sighhhhh. This is a special kind of torture akin to death by a thousand cuts.
Now I wish I never BFPed in the first place.
My little embryo is neither dead nor very alive. But it seems it is doomed. After internet reading today, apparently where heartbeat <80bpm the chance of survival is 0%.

I dunno how they count but I am damned sure IVF embryo is 37Days Old today, but they count as 6 weeks 6 days. Embryo is small for its age too. Its like waiting for something to die, but its inside me, aarrrrrghhhhh.

Cannot kill it , also dunno what to do to support it. THIS ABSOLUTELY SUCKS

I dunno how they count but I am damned sure IVF embryo is 37Days Old today, but they count as 6 weeks 6 days. Embryo is small for its age too. Its like waiting for something to die, but its inside me, aarrrrrghhhhh.

Sorry to hear that, sometimes ivf is a numbers game... I went through 1 iui, 1 fet and 2 fresh before succeeding on my last fresh attempt. I just delivered a pair of twins early this month. Every failed attempt is also a learning journey so I hope u dont give up.

This is a tough and sometimes lonely road but know that you are strong and can go through anything if u perservere..jiayou

Can only wait now....and hopefully embryo is strong enough to survive...miracle might happen u never know.... but I rem dr tan told me last time straight up not to get my hopes high and ask my hubby to manage my expectation ..... when the truth is right in ur face.. u can't do anything but to accept it also...

37 days refers to the fetal age of the growing baby. 6 weeks 6 days is the gestational age of the pregnancy counting from the last normal menstrual period. Hence generally fetal age + 2 weeks = gestational age

Thanks for sharing. It's my first FET. Getting abit nervous, trying to ensure that i do my best to prepare for it. I had chose a tcm near my place. less the traveling, however, waiting time still long.
You are the lucky one, getting bfp on both times. Congrats!

You should check with ur tcm doc on the arrangement for acupuncture. Think no harm increasing ur frequency before the transfer. I personally feel it helped to improve my lining. However, for after transfer, it's best to check with the doc. For 3 day transfer and 5 day transfer also got difference one.

All the best :)
Thanks for sharing. Visiting the clinic on Wed to check on the lining prior transfer. now all my 12 frozen embryos are all D3. gynae advise is to culture to D5. the tcm dr just said to visit 2-3 days after transfer.. still deciding if i shd do accupunture after.

U how many weeks now? Dr Chieng did vaginal scan for u ?

Thanks for sharing. Visiting the clinic on Wed to check on the lining prior transfer. now all my 12 frozen embryos are all D3. gynae advise is to culture to D5. the tcm dr just said to visit 2-3 days after transfer.. still deciding if i shd do accupunture after.

I have done both D3 and D5 transfer before. For both, i went for acupuncture on the day of transfer. For D3 transfer, I went for 2 more after that. For D5, I did not go for anymore. Cannot remember the exact dates I went, but know that it cannot be too long after transfer due to the growth of embryo. Just check with your tcm doc and hear his/her advice on the dates =)

Thanks for sharing. It's my first FET. Getting abit nervous, trying to ensure that i do my best to prepare for it. I had chose a tcm near my place. less the traveling, however, waiting time still long.
You are the lucky one, getting bfp on both times. Congrats!

Hi Coral, try to relax... easy to say but hard to manage... totally understand after going so many rounds of FET. Actually the last cycle where I went for acupuncture diligently, it was a BFN. That's when i decided to not stress myself with the acupuncture sessions.

Hi knotti, do u mind to share what medicine does doctor prescribe to you before and after bfp ?

Are u referring to TCM medication or the hormones medication. TCM I didn't take any when I started the cycle. Whatever I took before and after BFP is the same - vagifem in the morning, progynova 2 tabs 3 times a day, duphaston 2 tabs morning and night, Crinone gel at night and weekly pio.

U how many weeks now? Dr Chieng did vaginal scan for u ?

7 weeks. Both vag and abdomen scan.

Pretty sure its gone now coz I started bleeding very heavily (heavier than period) last night. So I'm back to 0 today.

Strangely I am quite relieved. It is much better than 'a slow death' carrying it around for no purpose.

Now its time to nourish my body, take a break from all these hormones.

7 weeks. Both vag and abdomen scan.

Pretty sure its gone now coz I started bleeding very heavily (heavier than period) last night. So I'm back to 0 today.

Strangely I am quite relieved. It is much better than 'a slow death' carrying it around for no purpose.

Now its time to nourish my body, take a break from all these hormones.

So sorry to hear that. Please do visit your gynae soon. They will need to check that what needs to be expelled has been expelled and that the HCG level is going down. At least that was what my gynae did when I had something similar happened.
Also, if you need more emotional support to what you are having now, then do ask your gynae for recommendation to see a counselor/psychologist. My husband and gynae had strongly encouraged me to do so (i was just so traumatised by the whole process) and my gynae had referred me to a psychologist at KKH. I was reluctant at first but I went. On hindsight, the visits to the psychologist did me real good and I would recommend anyone who needed someone to talk to to see one.

Take care!

Are u referring to TCM medication or the hormones medication. TCM I didn't take any when I started the cycle. Whatever I took before and after BFP is the same - vagifem in the morning, progynova 2 tabs 3 times a day, duphaston 2 tabs morning and night, Crinone gel at night and weekly pio.
Hi knottie, thanks for sharing.

Thanks spinsterella. Its really a relief that i do not need to go through all the injections all over again.
Will look forward to my next FET. Is it that we have to wait for 2 more menstrual cycles then can proceed to do the next FET?

Depends on what your dr advise and what you want. I did Fresh with delayed ET (FET) and my FET was the very next month.

Hi all mummies, i'm a mommy myself and i have been through the worst period of my life. Multiple IVF Failures. And all it seemed doomed to fail for my dream family. And now im fortunate to have 2 sons and 1 daughter. My reason for this post is to share with the to-be mummies who have gone through IVF Failure and is seeking alternatives to their problem. Im just doing this out of good will as i want to pass on the help to the mummies who are going through what i have gone through.

God bless. Stay strong and belief! http://mybabydream.net/

Hi your 3 kids are from ivf or natural?

Hi dear, So sorry to hear that. i'm a mommy myself and i have been through the worst period of my life. Multiple IVF Failures. And all it seemed doomed to fail for my dream family. And now im fortunate to have 2 sons and 1 daughter. My reason for this post is to share with the to-be mummies who have gone through IVF Failure and is seeking alternatives to their problem. Im just doing this out of good will as i want to pass on the help to the mummies who are going through what i have gone through.

God bless. Stay strong and belief! http://mybabydream.net/
advertising post.

Just went for my 1st scanning today to prepare for my FET.

I was given Progonova (medicated FET):
4mg (2 tablets daily) from D4 to D8
6mg (3 tablets daily) from D9 to D11

And my lining today D11 is 6+mm today (1st scanning). I will need to do another scanning in another 3 days again (D14).

I understand that we need to have at least lining 8mm before we can do the transfer. May I know how did u girls increase the lining within 3 days?

Right now, I am taking red bean soup, raspberry tea, Brazil nuts and chicken Essence (all day alternate ).

Lastly, when did you receive the gel insert? Is it days before the transfer?
Any idea how many days later will they be transferring D5 and D6 blasts?

Last edited:
Just went for my 1st scanning today to prepare for my FET.

I was given Progonova (medicated FET):
4mg (2 tablets daily) from D4 to D8
6mg (3 tablets daily) from D9 to D11

And my lining on today D11 is 6+mm today (1st scanning). I will need to do another scanning in another 3 days again (D14).

I understand that we need to have at least lining 8mm before we can do the transfer. May I know how did u girls increase the lining within 3 days?

Right now, I am taking red bean soup, raspberry tea, Brazil nuts and chicken Essence (all day alternate ).

My lining did not increase despite eating alot of atuff recomended by ladies here.so i just went ahead with medicated Fet at 5.8mm lining as advised by drtan.with me doesnt pin up high hope looking at the lining measurement and just have trust and faith in dr and god.so tww was a dun bother feeling.rest a day after et.daily window shopping thereafter.daily runningman funny mmts episodes in utube.no googling of symptoms.minimal dance moves ard the hs after each crinone gel insertion post et.did self test kit twice.Boom strong positif line.Dun give up! Jiayo!!

My lining did not increase despite eating alot of atuff recomended by ladies here.so i just went ahead with medicated Fet at 5.8mm lining as advised by drtan.with me doesnt pin up high hope looking at the lining measurement and just have trust and faith in dr and god.so tww was a dun bother feeling.rest a day after et.daily window shopping thereafter.daily runningman funny mmts episodes in utube.no googling of symptoms.minimal dance moves ard the hs after each crinone gel insertion post et.did self test kit twice.Boom strong positif line.Dun give up! Jiayo!!

Thanks babe for your inspiring story. Grabbing your baby dust!!! Hope I'll receive good news to proceed with FET next week

Just tested bfn on pee stick at 8dp3dt.... is there anyone who had tested negative on this day but goes on to having BFP after?

Skippyloo,
Its too early to test on hpt for day3 transfer.
To start with i had low beta hcg for my no.1
I tested on 11dp3dt and was a bfn and the clearblue hpt only started showing faint positive on 14dp3dt.

So hang in there and test again a few more days later! Good luck...

Skippyloo,
Its too early to test on hpt for day3 transfer.
To start with i had low beta hcg for my no.1
I tested on 11dp3dt and was a bfn and the clearblue hpt only started showing faint positive on 14dp3dt.

So hang in there and test again a few more days later! Good luck...

Ok... there is still hope ... thanks a lot dayleaford for the reply.

Congrats!

The insert was given to me on the FET day itself. They did the insert for me that day and told me that I have to do it for the next couple of weeks.

If it's a D5 then would be ovulation day + 5 days.

Dear Ladies

Anyone tried Natural Cycle - Frozen Embryo Transfer before? Any comments on it?

For medicated cycle FET, post FET and BFP I had to endure painful progesterone injections and countless visits to the doctor coz of my low progesterone levels. And it did not end well with the loss of the embryo at 7 weeks.

Even now two weeks after progesterone injection, my butt still hurts.

I am thinking ahead of what to do for the remainder frozen embryos and wondering whether Natural Cycle FET would be less inconvenient coz there would be a Corpus Luteum to produce progesterone naturally.

I just went back for scanning ytd and my lining only grew 1mm from the 1st scanning (3 days apart), now it's 7.2 mm. Currently on medicated FET.

1st scanning 6.2mm
2nd scanning 7.2mm

I am gg back in another 4 days for scanning and hopefully this time round I'll be able to reach the 8mm lining.

Doc has increased my Progonova Dosage from 3 tabs to 4 tabs. I'm driniking red bean soup and raspberry tea daily. Brazil nuts, chicken essence and red logan tea on alternate days.

Mine is a D6 blastie, so doc says they will only implant 6 days later after I reach 8mm lining.

I have not given any cirone gel yet, it will only be given after I reach 8mm. Sometimes feel so demoralized when u keep going back and that 1mm seems so hard.

But I have learnt to thk positively and tell myself it's just 1 step nearer. Let's jia you together !

Dear Ladies

Anyone tried Natural Cycle - Frozen Embryo Transfer before? Any comments on it?

For medicated cycle FET, post FET and BFP I had to endure painful progesterone injections and countless visits to the doctor coz of my low progesterone levels. And it did not end well with the loss of the embryo at 7 weeks.

Even now two weeks after progesterone injection, my butt still hurts.

I am thinking ahead of what to do for the remainder frozen embryos and wondering whether Natural Cycle FET would be less inconvenient coz there would be a Corpus Luteum to produce progesterone naturally.

Hi greenleaf

I just did a natural cycle FET.

A couple of days before the embryo transfer and throughout the 2 week wait, I had to do crinone inserts once a day. Now that I got my BFP, I have to go for weekly progesterone injections, duphaston 3 times daily and crinone inserts once a day. I don't know how that compares to your medicated FET but it's definitely less progesterone support than I had to take for my fresh cycle 3 years back.

The downside to a natural cycle is finding the perfect time to do the transfer. They do a scan on the 10th day after your period and then daily scans plus blood tests as you approach ovulation. That was quite a tiring process and there is no guarantee you will transfer that month after all that effort. I had to do the process 3 times before we found the perfect cycle to transfer.

I hope that helps you in making your decision. All the best for your next FET!

Back