IVF/ICSI Support Group

If do cycle in kkh is it posible for us to go dr yeong for jab support only eventho theres no evidence of spotting or anytin...who determine get suport before et or after?

Yes, you can still go for support measures at Dr yeong's clinic even if u are a patient with kkh.. Getting additional support is more of a kiasu measure, u don't necessarily need it but having it will help and won't harm the pregnancy. Which is why some gals (including me) went for proluton jabs even though no spotting

Hi Sis, I'm with KKH but they only did amh tests. No afc test. Can we do this test somewhere?

Hi, think this test is another version of AMH test. I'm with SGH, doing my first fresh cycle on Feb. This scan was done on day 3 of my period.

Yes, you can still go for support measures at Dr yeong's clinic even if u are a patient with kkh.. Getting additional support is more of a kiasu measure, u don't necessarily need it but having it will help and won't harm the pregnancy. Which is why some gals (including me) went for proluton jabs even though no spotting
Okay got it! And yesh i want to be kiasu this time round!!! Dun wana waste my grant all for nuting...

Sorry to hear that, I know how that feels as I've gone through it myself.... Hope u persevere for that BFP and not give up...I finally got mine after 1 iui, 2 fresh and 1 fet so jiayou and keep fighting!

I think Virtus is good becos this time round for my fresh cycle, besides doing it at kkh, I was also seeing private gynae there for other support measures and advice..although I've not done the full cycle with them, I heard alot of good feedback about the doctors there. One thing for sure: u won't have to wait ages each time to see the doc or do a scan and u won't have to wait until Apr/may next year to commence ur next cycle

My first time w virtus in sept for fresh cycle. 14 retrieved, 9 fertilised 4 make it to d6 blasto. Has Fet in oct, thaw 3 cos 1 average blasto didn't make it n left 1 blasto to freeze.
Virtus charges not cheap but I choose to follow dr Liaw n his team of embryologist from sincere..cos I had success w him from sincere in 2014 so my hub said nvrm abt the high charges, we want success only.

Hi Sis, I'm with KKH but they only did amh tests. No afc test. Can we do this test somewhere?

Based on the AFC ur dr can decide the dosage of medicine,14-21 is normal range.My AFC was 22,hence dr gave me low dose medicine and I got 15 eggs retrieved.Your Dr knows what's the dosage of medicine to be given to get enough no of eggs based on ur AFC.and quantity of egg doesn't matter,the quality is most important

AFC is the follicle count, in the beginning of ur ivf process when u do the scan on d2 or d3 of ur cycle,most of the doctors count the follicles present at that time

hi, may i know what kind of test is this?

This is the reproductive immunologic blood tests which is very costly where the rheumatologist will draw many bottles of blood samples and perform comprehensive series of blood works to find out if we have any autoimmunity issues which prevents pregnancy.

its usually recommended for ladies who had multiple implantation failures despite transferring excellent/good grades embryos , nice endo lining and normal uterus or ladies with recurring miscarriages or with autoimmunity issues.

My Negative beta confirmed and no blast to freeze fr this cycle. This has been a bad year..hope next year brings pleasant surprises.

Winniewinie: am thinking of switching to private clinic too..have u decided on which dr? Think I might try virtus clinic as their equipment is gd For blasts culture. No luck with KKH so far.
Me too , I also failed the fresh cycle and have no embryo to left already. I just consult Dr yeong 2 days before, i will try my luck under him for the coming fresh cycle, and target to try again after Chinese New Year. He also use virtue facility when ER and ET. u can consult him before you make decision. But do remember to bring all ur medical report or blood test result to him to review if you have any. I feel like he is a nice and patient guys and willing to explain to you in details.

My first time w virtus in sept for fresh cycle. 14 retrieved, 9 fertilised 4 make it to d6 blasto. Has Fet in oct, thaw 3 cos 1 average blasto didn't make it n left 1 blasto to freeze.
Virtus charges not cheap but I choose to follow dr Liaw n his team of embryologist from sincere..cos I had success w him from sincere in 2014 so my hub said nvrm abt the high charges, we want success only.

Who's your doctor? Roughly how much did your cycle cost?

Hi all...

My first ivf will be next Jan at kkh ..

Very kan chiong now.. worry that I didn't prepare well enough for it..

Can any sisters here share with me what to do...what not to do...during stimms and tww..

Thanks alot..

Hi, anyone had E. coli issues with the sperm culture for IVF? If yes, can check if taking the antibotics can resolve the issue?

Hi dolly gal, I'm interested to know the charges too. Gonna take a 3-4 mth break fr Ivf and try naturally. But if still don't make it will head to virtus or sincere.

I m with dr Roland chieng. Cos I have no more Medisave claim , I spent 16-18k for fresh n fet cycle. It really depends on ur stimulation dosage as well. Putting jabs costs, I know my hub pay 9k+ 4K to virtus ..

I m with dr Roland chieng. Cos I have no more Medisave claim , I spent 16-18k for fresh n fet cycle. It really depends on ur stimulation dosage as well. Putting jabs costs, I know my hub pay 9k+ 4K to virtus ..

I should roughly have around 3-4K left from the Medisave portion. Stakes are high to fork out 10k in cash, hope this doesn't add pressure!

I was considering Dr Roland, how is he? And does the clinic mention how they try to cultivate more embryos to blast? As so far, each cycle I'll have 4 fertilised and usually I transfer 2 at D2 and only 1 or none make it to blast.

Hope they also closely monitor the stim part so that I can get more retrieved the next round. What drugs and dosage were u on? Sorry so many qns!

I should roughly have around 3-4K left from the Medisave portion. Stakes are high to fork out 10k in cash, hope this doesn't add pressure!

I was considering Dr Roland, how is he? And does the clinic mention how they try to cultivate more embryos to blast? As so far, each cycle I'll have 4 fertilised and usually I transfer 2 at D2 and only 1 or none make it to blast.

Hope they also closely monitor the stim part so that I can get more retrieved the next round. What drugs and dosage were u on? Sorry so many qns!

Hi Cen,
I'm like you too! My first fresh only 2 D2 transferred, none left to Freeze. Second fresh, also transferred 2 D2 and left 1 frozen which also didn't succeed on FET. I'm going to my 3rd fresh and also curious about how to cultivate blast. Appreciate if any sisters can share here.

It's greatly depends on ur embryo quality . For his practise now he only do blasto n Fet cos success rate is higher than d3 in his records. I did argue w him tat Fer never works in my history book n he understand my worries n agree fresh et for me who knows after er I seem to have mild ohss n he dun want to take the risk n change to frozen trsf following month. I usually follow his decision n luckily this time it bfp.
Virtus will arrange Counselling before u starts w them, I didn't go cos I told them it's my 10th try so I no need to know wat to do n wat not to do. I know whatever process well.
I used to have 18 embryos retrieved but as after 1 birth n age, this round I only got 14 . Fertilised rate has increased n more make it to blasto this time.
Use menopur n gonal f this cycle.

It's greatly depends on ur embryo quality . For his practise now he only do blasto n Fet cos success rate is higher than d3 in his records. I did argue w him tat Fer never works in my history book n he understand my worries n agree fresh et for me who knows after er I seem to have mild ohss n he dun want to take the risk n change to frozen trsf following month. I usually follow his decision n luckily this time it bfp.
Virtus will arrange Counselling before u starts w them, I didn't go cos I told them it's my 10th try so I no need to know wat to do n wat not to do. I know whatever process well.
I used to have 18 embryos retrieved but as after 1 birth n age, this round I only got 14 . Fertilised rate has increased n more make it to blasto this time.
Use menopur n gonal f this cycle.
Hi sister, you are so brave you have tried 10 times already?! Is this first time you are with virtus?

Hi sister, you are so brave you have tried 10 times already?! Is this first time you are with virtus?

Yes first time w virtus. Previous success w with sincere. dr Liaw chief embryologist n his team went from sincere to virtus so I follow him as well.

I won't say I wasted my first 4 tries w tmc dr n care. I take it I have no affinity w them at all. Roland is my 3rd fertility dr, we success once w parkway east ivf ctr but I mc then w sincere follow by virtus..

Yes first time w virtus. Previous success w with sincere. dr Liaw chief embryologist n his team went from sincere to virtus so I follow him as well.

I won't say I wasted my first 4 tries w tmc dr n care. I take it I have no affinity w them at all. Roland is my 3rd fertility dr, we success once w parkway east ivf ctr but I mc then w sincere follow by virtus..
Thanks for your reply sister, I am going for next fresh cycle with Dr yeong , he also use virtus facility.

Thank you all
Today is end of my 2ww.Im with Dr.Roland,he did the transfer at virtus.My Hsg is 1900+

I never took any other supplements or any other herbs,I didn't do accupuncture.I followed his medicine and his instructions completely.even I asked him do I need to take any supplements he said only folic acid .and I took rest only on the day of transfer as well as on the day of ER after that I was going to work.I was told that walking helps to increase blood supply to uterus .but everything is depends on ur condition.i suggests don't take any medicine which is not given by ur dr.some medicine or herbs will do negative effects when it works along with stim.pls follow ur drs instruction.I asked dr do I need to do acupuncture,he said no need .
I heard eating pineapple will cause contractions.and soy products,papaya are not good. I have avoided all these,quit caffeine and cold drinks

Thank you all
Today is end of my 2ww.Im with Dr.Roland,he did the transfer at virtus.My Hsg is 1900+

I never took any other supplements or any other herbs,I didn't do accupuncture.I followed his medicine and his instructions completely.even I asked him do I need to take any supplements he said only folic acid .and I took rest only on the day of transfer as well as on the day of ER after that I was going to work.I was told that walking helps to increase blood supply to uterus .but everything is depends on ur condition.i suggests don't take any medicine which is not given by ur dr.some medicine or herbs will do negative effects when it works along with stim.pls follow ur drs instruction.I asked dr do I need to do acupuncture,he said no need .
I heard eating pineapple will cause contractions.and soy products,papaya are not good. I have avoided all these,quit caffeine and cold drinks
thanks for sharing. And how many eggs did you retrieve and what grading?

Thank you all

Hi, congrats to you! Can I check if folic acid is also the same as prenatal pills?

Hi, congrats to you! Can I check if folic acid is also the same as prenatal pills?

It's good to take folic acid .I started taking folic acid few days b4 FET,as I forgot to ask him Dr about folic acid during my initial visits.but folic acid never do any harm.i heard vitamin D interfere with other medicines.

Thank you all

Congrats sounds like twin to me..

15 eggs retrieved,6 made to blasts,5 embryos r grade 5AA,which is very good quality and one is 5AB.I did FET as dr Roland don't do fresh
Congrats!! Thanks for spreading the baby dust and hope. A first time success is really encouraging. Do you mind sharing your age range too? And ur reason behind why u embark on your IVF journey? Thks

Back