IVF/ICSI Support Group

Me 2. Spotting since yesterday and is getting more. Will ask for early blood test to end it.

Mood is very gloomy just like the weather. Feel guilty for disappointing my husband and my embryo fighter. Couldn't resist my tears when I talked to my lo last night and when he saw that, he gave me a big hug and told me not to worry and be happy.

5 years of ttc, 2 fresh and 1 fet. Turning 40 next year and have yet to decide if I will go on one last cycle. At least when I look back, I can tell myself that I have tried my best.

Me 2. Spotting since yesterday and is getting more. Will ask for early blood test to end it.

Mood is very gloomy just like the weather. Feel guilty for disappointing my husband and my embryo fighter. Couldn't resist my tears when I talked to my lo last night and when he saw that, he gave me a big hug and told me not to worry and be happy.

5 years of ttc, 2 fresh and 1 fet. Turning 40 next year and have yet to decide if I will go on one last cycle. At least when I look back, I can tell myself that I have tried my best.
ringbell, when is your BT? Whatever the results may be, you hv already done your best and with no regrets. Just cry it out and shift your focus to your LO n DH...

it has been 3 years TTC... And each 2ww is a mental torture and always end with disappointment time and time again... 4 tries and all failed. When I was doing my ET at sincere, the nurse tells me that there is a lady who tried 9 times and finally succeeded. I really admire her perseverance... I doubt I have the $$$ to persevere... Nonetheless, I will still keep trying within my financial capability... For those who still have medisave, govt grant and below 40, jus give the remaining cycles A chance .... Do not waste the opportunity, who knows it'll come knocking the next time. looking forward to my 5th attempt. Given my condition, maybe one last try, maybe....

it has been 3 years TTC... And each 2ww is a mental torture and always end with disappointment time and time again... 4 tries and all failed. When I was doing my ET at sincere, the nurse tells me that there is a lady who tried 9 times and finally succeeded. I really admire her perseverance... I doubt I have the $$$ to persevere... Nonetheless, I will still keep trying within my financial capability... For those who still have medisave, govt grant and below 40, jus give the remaining cycles A chance .... Do not waste the opportunity, who knows it'll come knocking the next time. looking forward to my 5th attempt. Given my condition, maybe one last try, maybe....
Jia you!!

Don't lose hopes yet since you haven't had your BT. jiayous

@ringbell , hugsss. All of us have done our very best. 加油⛽️,and live life to the fullest.

Dun lose hope. I also succeed on my 5th try. Jia you!! Maybe you will see light on your 5th try too!!

Light bleeding is normal, as long as it's not fresh blood gushing out. Sedation is administered thru the veins (for me it was on the back of my hand, not sure if the same for everyone). Don't be scared! It's actually kind of relaxing because there is nothing u need to do except to endure the hunger and thirst. Just sleep and let the doctor take care of everything. :)

Very good follicle count! It's not possible to have every one be perfectly sized but as long as you have several lead ones you should be fine!
Sedation shd be the inhaled one

The back of hand needle is for IV drip

Cos they poked my left hand unsuccessfully 3 times and moved on to my other hand.. And the anesthesia was done somewhere in the middle of the 4th attempt cos breathed in sufficient of the gas liao

But dosage definitely not too high because in my previous operation, I was knocked out after the count of 2 when they told me to count 123. LOL.

For ER I was conscious for a good 5 seconds after the start of the gassing.

Baby dust to all who are ttc!

All the best and dont give up! Im sure bb will come ..otherwise can adopt one in future too =)

How was the experience at sincere? Mine was quite comfortable but prof haf always been telling me gd n gd..jus tt he nv share wat xactly may happen...like blastocyst..not all will last till blastocyst stage

Im having heavier spotting as compared to ytd..isit normal?

I just want to spread some baby dust to all. I had my BT last Thursday and it's bfp, in fact my hcg is 1400 which is so high and I wonder if it cld be twins. My cycle is FET 5day blastocyst.
I don't think I'm "successful" esp since its only the beginning but just want to encourage everyone to stay positive. I've been trying for 6 yrs, 2mc, 1 failed iui, 1 failed fresh..I also had my fair share of grieving. This time round hub and I are not exactly joyful because we are soo fearful that history will repeat itself. Found some spotting just now and I'm so scare....sigh..

Let's all jia you and at the same time don't neglect the people we already have around us.

I just want to spread some baby dust to all. I had my BT last Thursday and it's bfp, in fact my hcg is 1400 which is so high and I wonder if it cld be twins. My cycle is FET 5day blastocyst.
I don't think I'm "successful" esp since its only the beginning but just want to encourage everyone to stay positive. I've been trying for 6 yrs, 2mc, 1 failed iui, 1 failed fresh..I also had my fair share of grieving. This time round hub and I are not exactly joyful because we are soo fearful that history will repeat itself. Found some spotting just now and I'm so scare....sigh..

Let's all jia you and at the same time don't neglect the people we already have around us.

Dun give up! Glad to hear its bfp!! Jiayou and keep us updated ya! =)

Congrats to u, ur hard work had paid off, grab ur baby dust *frantically

One qns: how many embryos frozen and transferred?

Congrats to u, ur hard work had paid off, grab ur baby dust *frantically

One qns: how many embryos frozen and transferred?
I hv 8 left. Took out 5, but 2 arrested on day 1, then another didn't work, by day 5 left 2 embryos but 1 not the best but still suitable for transfer and the last 1 was said to be a good blastocyst.

History of myself:
1) I was on clomids for 6 months before I had my first pregnancy but ended to terminate my pregnancy on 13 weeks because I got no courage to carry to term on an anencephaly pregnancy.
2) After rested for 3-4 months after my termination, I started to try to get pregnant with clomids again but 6 months passed and yet no good news.
3) Then I tried iui. 2 times and failed. My doctor gave up after my first tried of iui and suggested me to try ivf in the hospital. However I insisted to give myself a 2nd try but no good news too.
4) I took a referral letter from polyclinics and they refer me to government hospital which I will enjoy the subsidies. I waited for about 5-6 months to have my first ivf done. Got 16 follicles, with 11 eggs and 7 of them were successfully became embryos. The doctor insert 2 embryos of grade 4 (grade 5 is the best grade) in my uterus. I was pregnant with my first ivf treatment, however it ended to an ectopic pregnancy.

I am so lost and I can sense that my husband feel more stressful than me. Can anyone help us? Or do I have to believe in God? Anyone can introduce a reliable TMC doctor to us?

Last edited:
Hi All,

I just went for pregnancy blood test 2days before my actual blood test as I tested positive at home, so was ask to go down earlier. And kkh just called and mentioned it's positive with hcg level 1234.0. Will need to go down and collect medication. Baby dust to all!! Now I guess is another 2ww for scanning... Jiayou everyone!!!

Hi All,

I just went for pregnancy blood test 2days before my actual blood test as I tested positive at home, so was ask to go down earlier. And kkh just called and mentioned it's positive with hcg level 1234.0. Will need to go down and collect medication. Baby dust to all!! Now I guess is another 2ww for scanning... Jiayou everyone!!!

Congrats!! U made it.
How was ur previous 2ww? I m only at 5dp2dt.

Went to the O&G clinic at tmc, dr Loh nurse told me no need to take beta HCG since HPT shows negative. So beta not compulsory?

Congrats!! U made it.
How was ur previous 2ww? I m only at 5dp2dt.
Thanks Domokunn,

Remember to try and wear socks at home to keep warm also I ate quite a bit of durians coz people say durian is very good for woman. For my 2ww actually I return back to work on 3rd after ET so I guess don't really need any bed rest. This time round because it's FET and day 5 Blastocysts I wasn't so tensed unlike my previous fresh cycle. Because when we poke more needles we will be more careful. Looking forward to get my daughter a sibling. Gal remember must insert regularly which I did every 7/8 hrs interval. I felt it's very important. Jiayou!!!

Went to the O&G clinic at tmc, dr Loh nurse told me no need to take beta HCG since HPT shows negative. So beta not compulsory?
When isit supposed to be your blood test? I thought even if HPT is negative still have to do blood test to confirm and ve a closure??? For KKH they will surely required you to take blood test even if hpt is negative. Which I felt should be the way because whose knows maybe home pregnancy kit is expired or spoilt leh, hard to say right...

My HPT show negative but my blood test is positive..but sadly, my hcg had drop drastically in 2 days..is a chemical pregnancy n kkh ask me to go back for blood test again...

They should be taking blood test to confirm and not by depending on HPT...

My HPT show negative but my blood test is positive..but sadly, my hcg had drop drastically in 2 days..is a chemical pregnancy n kkh ask me to go back for blood test again...

What was ur reading? And which HPT u used?

My BT supposed to be today, but I didn't do. It's already 17dpo, so a HPT should be accurate. For my cycles so far, all my HPT tally with BT result.

Just some history of myself:
1) I was on clomids for 6 months before I had my first pregnancy but ended to terminate my pregnancy on 13 weeks because I got no courage to carry to term on an anencephaly pregnancy.
2) After rested for 3-4 months after my termination, I started to try to get pregnant with clomids again but 6 months passed and yet no good news.
3) Then I tried iui. 2 times and failed. My doctor gave up after my first tried of iui and suggested me to try ivf in the hospital. However I insisted to give myself a 2nd try but no good news too.
4) I took a referral letter from polyclinics and they refer my to government hospital which I will enjoy the subsidies. I waited for about 5 months to have my first ivf done. Got 16 follicles, with 11 eggs and 7 of them were successfully became embryos. The doctor insert 2 embryos of grade 4 (grade 5 is the best grade) in my uterus. I was pregnant with my first ivf treatment, however it ended to an ectopic pregnancy.

I am so lost and I can sense that my husband feel more stressful than me. Can anyone help us? Or do I have to believe in God? Anyone can introduce a reliable TMC doctor to us?
Hi Lucky Baby,

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I'm not sure if I am suitable to give any advice because this is my first IVF and I have not BFP yet, but these are just my thoughts. What did the doc say about the cause of the failed pregnancies? Is it a genetic/chromosomal issue? If it is, I would greatly encourage you to try PGD. PGD is a test that they can do to check that the chromosomes are normal for the blastocyst before doing the Egg Transfer. However, this test is not available in Singapore from what I know because PGD will also allow you to know the gender of the embryos and so in a way, you can choose whether you want to transfer a boy or a girl at that stage. But the advantage of PGD is that it minimise the risk of miscarriages due to poor quality embryos or having unhealthy babies due to this.

I am doing my IVF in KL and had done PGD mainly due to my age. I am awaiting my FET in Oct. I know other countries like Thailand also has PGD but from my research before I decided with KL, Thailand clinics now may or may not take on new cases of foreign IVF as they were waiting for new regulations when I enquired in Mar this year. KL is simpler and closer to home. Currency is also to our advantage now.

Anyway, I can share more if that is the route you want to consider.

I am with Dr Zou Yumin now in Ang Mo Kio Ave 8. I find her kind and she seems very knowledgeable with fertility issues. Her patients are also mainly women who are on IVF or who are trying for babies. Her treatment is acupuncture and the herbs she prescribed don't need any brewing. Just add hot water and drink. Very convenient.

These are my 2 cents worth.

I wish you the very best. Take care.

Thanks Domokunn,

Remember to try and wear socks at home to keep warm also I ate quite a bit of durians coz people say durian is very good for woman. For my 2ww actually I return back to work on 3rd after ET so I guess don't really need any bed rest. This time round because it's FET and day 5 Blastocysts I wasn't so tensed unlike my previous fresh cycle. Because when we poke more needles we will be more careful. Looking forward to get my daughter a sibling. Gal remember must insert regularly which I did every 7/8 hrs interval. I felt it's very important. Jiayou!!!

Thanks for sharing. I went back to work after ET. Lifestyle not much change but food intake try to avoid certain type. Been feeling a little bloated today, any suggestion on that? This is my first. Finger cross.

4) I took a referral letter from polyclinics and they refer my to government hospital which I will enjoy the subsidies. I waited for about 5 months to have my first ivf done. Got 16 follicles, with 11 eggs and 7 of them were successfully became embryos. The doctor insert 2 embryos of grade 4 (grade 5 is the best grade) in my uterus. I was pregnant with my first ivf treatment, however it ended to an ectopic pregnancy.

Hi gal, I feel you totally. I had ectopic pregnancies in 2013 and 2014. Emotionally we need to be strong.... time will heal....I started to see TSB for one year and should be starting my ivf in mid aug. Give yourself sometime to recover. .. its ok to cry and its ok to have no appetite.
We will walk out of this misery one day! Jia you and rest well!

My BT supposed to be today, but I didn't do. It's already 17dpo, so a HPT should be accurate. For my cycles so far, all my HPT tally with BT result.
Hugs gal. Talk to Dr loh and see what's next step. Heal yr body and mind first. I personally feel for ivfers tcm goes hand in hand. Why not give tsb a try if you can.

@Lucky baby it is a very challenging and rough path for us ivfers. But what to do...have to count our blessings that we are given at least the ivf option to achieve motherhood. I can totally feel you. Hoe young are you. Your first ivf results look promising gal thou am sorry to hear it ended in ectopic. You shud try tcm. As I have read and heard that tcm after et will help embryo positioning in womb. I had 2 miscarriages. My first was I had bfp 10 dpo and I did acupunture after et. My 2nd I had bfp 13dpo and I did not do acu as both acu places I visit close due to holidays. I go to Dr que and tangshan or dr zou in ang mo kio. My 2nd most likely implanted at an inappropriate place i believe tho no one can tell for sure. Pls do not despair....you manage to succeed once and with tcm you will have a safe and smooth pregnancy soon. When r u trying for fet gal?

Hey gals,
Jus checking. Anyone here under Dr Chew from NUH? Went for a consultation by him. He said I have a very small polyp 7mm and asked to do hysterscopy to remove it. He also said I have to go through a trial ET prior to the actual ET.
Question
1) is it necessary to do the hysterscopy to remove a small polyp?
2) I have gone through 2 ivfs (1 at Thomson under Dr LSF and 2nd cycle at kkh under Dr Tan HH. Both did not suggest doing trial ET then why need to do under him? I know my uterus is a bit tough to manoeuvre during ET as comfirmed by Dr Loh and Dr Tan but they get it done there and then. They didnt not mention anything about trial ET, not to say need to do it or not. Then this trial i have to pay too?

Hugs gal. Talk to Dr loh and see what's next step. Heal yr body and mind first. I personally feel for ivfers tcm goes hand in hand. Why not give tsb a try if you can.
It's disheartening... I've spent 20k but didn't manage to succeed..... Where is TSB clinic? Will give her a try... Haven't seen dr Loh yet. Will discuss my options with him... I'm considering donor eggs now.

Hey gals,
Jus checking. Anyone here under Dr Chew from NUH? Went for a consultation by him. He said I have a very small polyp 7mm and asked to do hysterscopy to remove it. He also said I have to go through a trial ET prior to the actual ET.
Question
1) is it necessary to do the hysterscopy to remove a small polyp?
2) I have gone through 2 ivfs (1 at Thomson under Dr LSF and 2nd cycle at kkh under Dr Tan HH. Both did not suggest doing trial ET then why need to do under him? I know my uterus is a bit tough to manoeuvre during ET as comfirmed by Dr Loh and Dr Tan but they get it done there and then. They didnt not mention anything about trial ET, not to say need to do it or not. Then this trial i have to pay too?
Littlejo is the doc Dr Steven Chew? I heard of a doctor Steven and that he's good in nuh. Polyp think have to do hyster but kk is more flexible. When I had cysts kk was able to retrieve from my right ovary whereas nuh didn't touch right ovary for my first ivf as prof wong said high ovary have to operate about 7 follicles wasted. There is pros and cons at diff hospitals and we just have to try. I really loved nuh service and prof wong was good but maybe they more conservative bah. The trial I no clue but my womb also not easy...Dr tan sweat like run 2.4km after my et lol

It's disheartening... I've spent 20k but didn't manage to succeed..... Where is TSB clinic? Will give her a try... Haven't seen dr Loh yet. Will discuss my options with him... I'm considering donor eggs now.
Despair not gal.....we have to try with our limited means our best for the little one. Tsb is at chinatown and ntu clinic. Alot is sis strike under her but she give herbs only no acu. So acu u have to find other tcm. Normally it's dr zou at ang mo kio. I haven't seen her personally. My first appt next week. Since doc said I have problem sustaining pregnancy I want to take her herbs as she will continue even in tww. My tcm stop acu n herbs after et. Hope for best gal. Pray. Follow yr heart and mind on yr decisions. Am 37 it's not much time left also. I told myself I will stop at 40....hubby is my first and oldest baby and I will care and love him all my life if god's decision for a child for us is otherwise.

Despair not gal.....we have to try with our limited means our best for the little one. Tsb is at chinatown and ntu clinic. Alot is sis strike under her but she give herbs only no acu. So acu u have to find other tcm. Normally it's dr zou at ang mo kio. I haven't seen her personally. My first appt next week. Since doc said I have problem sustaining pregnancy I want to take her herbs as she will continue even in tww. My tcm stop acu n herbs after et. Hope for best gal. Pray. Follow yr heart and mind on yr decisions. Am 37 it's not much time left also. I told myself I will stop at 40....hubby is my first and oldest baby and I will care and love him all my life if god's decision for a child for us is otherwise.
I am also turning 37 and feel the same way as you. I will try until my 40th birthday. If no success, then will just focus on hubby and our lives of 2. We must cherish what we have and not squander it in pursuit of something out of our control.

Oh so tsb feels that we should not take tcm after ET? I strongly feel that you can succeed one day. I've seen ppl with ur condition succeed.

Can anyone kindly send me tsb clinic address/contact no/ opening hours?

Hi Lucky Baby,

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I'm not sure if I am suitable to give any advice because this is my first IVF and I have not BFP yet, but these are just my thoughts. What did the doc say about the cause of the failed pregnancies? Is it a genetic/chromosomal issue? If it is, I would greatly encourage you to try PGD. PGD is a test that they can do to check that the chromosomes are normal for the blastocyst before doing the Egg Transfer. However, this test is not available in Singapore from what I know because PGD will also allow you to know the gender of the embryos and so in a way, you can choose whether you want to transfer a boy or a girl at that stage. But the advantage of PGD is that it minimise the risk of miscarriages due to poor quality embryos or having unhealthy babies due to this.

I am doing my IVF in KL and had done PGD mainly due to my age. I am awaiting my FET in Oct. I know other countries like Thailand also has PGD but from my research before I decided with KL, Thailand clinics now may or may not take on new cases of foreign IVF as they were waiting for new regulations when I enquired in Mar this year. KL is simpler and closer to home. Currency is also to our advantage now.

I am with Dr Zou Yumin now in Ang Mo Kio Ave 8. I find her kind and she seems very knowledgeable with fertility issues. Her patients are also mainly women who are on IVF or who are trying for babies. Her treatment is acupuncture and the herbs she prescribed don't need any brewing. Just add hot water and drink. Very convenient.

@Lucky baby it is a very challenging and rough path for us ivfers. But what to do...have to count our blessings that we are given at least the ivf option to achieve motherhood. I can totally feel you. Hoe young are you. Your first ivf results look promising gal thou am sorry to hear it ended in ectopic. You shud try tcm. As I have read and heard that tcm after et will help embryo positioning in womb. I had 2 miscarriages. My first was I had bfp 10 dpo and I did acupunture after et. My 2nd I had bfp 13dpo and I did not do acu as both acu places I visit close due to holidays. I go to Dr que and tangshan or dr zou in ang mo kio. My 2nd most likely implanted at an inappropriate place i believe tho no one can tell for sure. Pls do not despair....you manage to succeed once and with tcm you will have a safe and smooth pregnancy soon. When r u trying for fet gal?

Hi thanks for your encouragement. Can I have both the TCM contacts that you mentioned? Dr zou and Dr que. Which doctor is better and not too expensive?

Hi Lucky Baby,

Hi Lucky Baby,

Hi, can I have Dr Zou contact no and address? My doctors cannot explain my case. They said it's just happened. Not because of genetic/chromosomal issue. I heard one friend asking me to go Thailand too. It's too far go me. I need to work. If I go KL then I guess my husband and I will have to take at least 6 months no pay leave. We can't afford to lose our job. However, I will give Ivf at KL a second thought if I have used up my frozen embryos. By the way, how much do we need to pay for ivf in KL?

Hi mesara,
Can I have both doctors' contacts? Which one is better? Which one is cheaper? I really appreciate your reply. At least I still feel that is hope. Thank you so much

Morning ladies, D5 after my ET. Start to see some discharge since last nite, is dis normal? Start to worry... tww is real long long wait

Back