IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi SSS, no good ... Today there is only ONE which turned into a blastocyst .. There are two more sill growing but slower ... The rest of the 5 degenerated. Dr Sadhana said its not bad for a 39yo wor .. She remembered my wanting alot of eggs & I said I'm wiling to suffer OHSS even .. Sigh .. But end up only one fresh cycle again. I transferred 2 (the BL and one other) cos Dr Sadhana said she dont think the implant rate for the other 2 is going to be high anyway. They will continue to monitor the 3rd embryo and if its good they will freeze it.
So good that now you are in tww. :) I am still inside the cloud, dont know my eggs can fertilise or not. Will I be able to proceed for the ET as per schedule. Btw, can I check, can we take yogurt during this period? I have problem going toilet:(

Hi SSS, no good ... Today there is only ONE which turned into a blastocyst .. There are two more sill growing but slower ... The rest of the 5 degenerated. Dr Sadhana said its not bad for a 39yo wor .. She remembered my wanting alot of eggs & I said I'm wiling to suffer OHSS even .. Sigh .. But end up only one fresh cycle again. I transferred 2 (the BL and one other) cos Dr Sadhana said she dont think the implant rate for the other 2 is going to be high anyway. They will continue to monitor the 3rd embryo and if its good they will freeze it.
Makino, it must be nerve wrecking for you! It will be my turn soon!

Be positive, your 2 strong warriors will be as sticky as superglue in your womb! All the best to your 2ww! :)

Hi dream sorry that I'm not pouring a positive vibe in this thread. Exactly 1.5 days More and I'm freaking out. I donno if I can handle the outcome since I'm not feeling anything different yet. I don't want to take a hpt cos I'm not brave enough to see another-ve....

I go out for nice brunch every day at different cafes and try to read my book and mag to de stress lor. But at night when can't sleep is when all the thoughts start to run wild. :(
Hazel, this is a place for us to share our thoughts. Really, there is no other women who went through natural pregnancy can understand how we feel.

How about doing online shopping? So many website to see! :rolleyes:

So good that now you are in tww. :) I am still inside the cloud, dont know my eggs can fertilise or not. Will I be able to proceed for the ET as per schedule. Btw, can I check, can we take yogurt during this period? I have problem going toilet:(
Bearge, did the clinic schedule a day2 or day 3 transfer for you?

I think it should be ok to take yogurt bah. I don't see any problem with it.

Hazel, this is a place for us to share our thoughts. Really, there is no other women who went through natural pregnancy can understand how we feel.

How about doing online shopping? So many website to see! :rolleyes:
Hahah online shopping sounds good. I alr did some purchases heehee....
Thanks girls for the encouragement. It's comforting to know that I'm not alone and many of you are much more stronger. I really pay that one day we'll ALL graduate from here or promote this entire thread to a mummy's thread :)

Last edited:
Bearge, did the clinic schedule a day2 or day 3 transfer for you?

I think it should be ok to take yogurt bah. I don't see any problem with it.
I do not know is a day 2 or 3. My egg retrieve was on monday (yesterday). Is it consider day 3 transfer? I just took the yogurt out from the fridge to cool down a while.

bearge, i am not sure about yogurt cos it is usually cold...try prunes..they help...i rem taking them during my fresh....

Hi dream sorry that I'm not pouring a positive vibe in this thread. Exactly 1.5 days More and I'm freaking out. I donno if I can handle the outcome since I'm not feeling anything different yet. I don't want to take a hpt cos I'm not brave enough to see another-ve....

I go out for nice brunch every day at different cafes and try to read my book and mag to de stress lor. But at night when can't sleep is when all the thoughts start to run wild. :(

aiyo...hazel..dun say sorry lah...is meant for u to pour out anywya...i just worry for u cos u sound very stressed...try not to think so much okie?? actually, tcm did mention before that one of the early preg symptoms is not having gd sleep....i am not sure abt that...mayb it is for u?? just take a deep breath....go to ecp or some waters area for a walk...think will calm u down...jiayou ah...

I think cos I didn't tell anyone abt the entire ivf thing and I've been bottling it up. I get out of the hse for brunch so my in laws won't suspect anything. I don't wanna tell my hub cos I also don't want him to worry or have any expectations before the bt. I guess I'm exploding from the build up of the entire process. Ivf is so stressful than it seems!

i think better not take sashimi before ET. Sashimi is afterall raw, and contains bacteria. The bacteria may stay in the body and the cold/raw environment it creates in the body may not be the best for embbies. Embbies need warm healthy womb to thrive, with lots of nutrients and good blood circulation. And the thing about bacteria is they might not be flushed out by the time we ET.

Since we go thru so much for IVF, my suggestion is to avoid it till after BT result and decide again. For me i would like to minimise risk and avoid the 'i shouldnt have done this' after that. Just my 2 cents worth.

if really BFP can say goodbye to sashimi for the next 9 mths! last pregnancy took 1 mussel only, I got runs for 3 days! freak me out & I only calm down till I went for scan to make sure everything is fine. if I BFP this round will stay away from all these till I pop already

I think cos I didn't tell anyone abt the entire ivf thing and I've been bottling it up. I get out of the hse for brunch so my in laws won't suspect anything. I don't wanna tell my hub cos I also don't want him to worry or have any expectations before the bt. I guess I'm exploding from the build up of the entire process. Ivf is so stressful than it seems!

I cannot deny ivf is really stressful & my last fresh cycle I'm so glad there're are couple of sisters cycling with me so we can share our woes with each other. relax is really the key in ivf 2ww, I cannot deny is daunting but hang on

hazel...i can understand how u feel because i stayed with MIL too...is a lack of privacy especially during this moment when we need some time to ourselves...during my 2 trials, i did tell my mil but also ask hubby to tell her not to ask me anything or whatever....cos i feel stressed when she starts asking me abt the progress or wat to eat/ not to eat and worse still, the results...but my close gfs know so they wld ask abt me once in a while n talk rubbish to distract me...
so by all means, vent here...adn hope that after venting, u feel better and more at ease again...u see...so fast...coming to e end of tue liao....

Makino, so you did not transfer 3? Can turn blasto is good so you still have a chance. Enjoy your 2WW and don't think too much.

Hazel, it's difficult not to think about it but don't get too affected ok. Pass or fail life still continues.

I did one to kick start the FET, one on 31/7 to start jab & thereafter including tomorrow 4 scans! if my lining guai guai cooperate then won't need so many scans liao
Hi, talking abt lining.. how to gauge the lining is good to go for ET? My last round scan before ER, the linning was 11 triple 1. What's it mean?

Hi, talking abt lining.. how to gauge the lining is good to go for ET? My last round scan before ER, the linning was 11 triple 1. What's it mean?

usually 8mm is a good to go, if can hit 10 to 12mm even better & definitely needs triple lining to proceed with ET. for novena CARE, E2 level has to be more than 1000 which I already hit last Thurs

audreysu said:
usually 8mm is a good to go, if can hit 10 to 12mm even better & definitely needs triple lining to proceed with ET. for novena CARE, E2 level has to be more than 1000 which I already hit last Thurs
Sorry, may I ask what is E2 level?

Thank you gals for taking me through with the love and support. It's indeed very helpful and comforting. I'll be hanging on to my little beanie and keep praying for miracle til the bt result is out!

Jia you to the rest of you who are also going thru the process!

Thank you gals for taking me through with the love and support. It's indeed very helpful and comforting. I'll be hanging on to my little beanie and keep praying for miracle til the bt result is out!

Jia you to the rest of you who are also going thru the process!
hazel, all the best to your bt today! :)

audrey: oh mine is oral med for FET.. progynova and asprin. luckily no more jabs for me!!
i will take duphaston first to induce AF

triple lining is best. i think can take raspberry tea and red bean soup to help lining. anyway RBS is also good for our blood - bu xue
audrey: oh mine is oral med for FET.. progynova and asprin. luckily no more jabs for me!!
i will take duphaston first to induce AF

triple lining is best. i think can take raspberry tea and red bean soup to help lining. anyway RBS is also good for our blood - bu xue

My fet quite a lot of med. I started with ocp on day 4 of af then day 20 started jab. Next af started with asiprin & progynova. Mon I started with crinone insert & today will start with oral utrosegan.

Done my ET this morning. So happy that although only 2 eggs retrieve, both fertilize and ready for transfer. Doc sadhana suggestion don't freeze 1 as might not be successful to defreeze when I need in future. So today transfer both embryo. She did not prescribe me any insert. Only injection which need to take 3 days once. Can I ask, is it still ok if I still take red bean soup for continue my lining improvement?

Makino, it must be nerve wrecking for you! It will be my turn soon!

Be positive, your 2 strong warriors will be as sticky as superglue in your womb! All the best to your 2ww! :)
Thank you SSS, i was abit upset then but now I'm enjoying my 2WW and taking chicken essence, Brazil nuts & immunocol daily ..

audrey: wow thats quite alot of med in ur body!!

bearge: all the best. i think eat everythin in moderation.

yes! crinone, progynova, oral utrosegan & aspirin will continue till beta BT if BFP continue with crinone, utrosegan & aspirin. after 12 weeks pregnancy only continue with aspirin till 32 weeks. but I might request to change utrosegan till duphaston after BFP cos utrosegan makes me very drowsy!

yes! the dreaded 2ww will be here tomorrow!!

day 11 sometimes cannot detect on hpt. some seniors only manage to detect faint positive on day 14 for singleton pregnancy. I didn't do any & this round I never buy hpt
I know I shldnt but I caved in to do a hpt cos I don't want to go thru the agony of waiting for the dr to call after bt. Sigh. I did a day 5 transfer so technically 11dpt is alr day 16? I'm not getting my hopes high but still praying for a miracle tmr!

I know I shldnt but I caved in to do a hpt cos I don't want to go thru the agony of waiting for the dr to call after bt. Sigh. I did a day 5 transfer so technically 11dpt is alr day 16? I'm not getting my hopes high but still praying for a miracle tmr!

hazel, dun giv up yet. try to use the first urine in the morning where it is most concentrated.

And gd luck to yr BT tomo.

:)

Hazel, mayb ur hcg is a bit low to be detected thru hpt? wait for the bT tomorrow....that is more accurate...Good luck for ur bt tomorrow...

I don't understand why are insur agents invading this sharing forum to get biz...

Hazel, mayb ur hcg is a bit low to be detected thru hpt? wait for the bT tomorrow....that is more accurate...Good luck for ur bt tomorrow...

I don't understand why are insur agents invading this sharing forum to get biz...
I hope that's the case too. But I think hpt are quite reliable. Hopefully im one of those few who don't get hcg in urine? Haha. Fingers crossed and praying for my miracle.

Regardless it's d3 or d5 transfer, day of ET is consider as day 1. Good luck to ur bt tomorrow & I'm here to grab ur bb dust!!

I hope that's the case too. But I think hpt are quite reliable. Hopefully im one of those few who don't get hcg in urine? Haha. Fingers crossed and praying for my miracle.
Oh is that right? I always thought must plus the no. of days the embroyo was transferred. Hope I can spread and baby dusts here too

Last edited:
Of all days cough hit me now & I yet to recover from flu!! I got a bottle of cough syrup from dr paul today so hope to recover soon

audrey, take care of urself hor...during this cycle, i had a very veyr bad cough too....and was scared cos both tcm and nurses ask me not to cough so much in case baby doesnt stick to me...but it becomes worse when i tried to contain it...tcm suggest me eating pi pa gao...dissolve a spoon of it in warm water and drink it down...it actually helps to soothe it a lot...so just in case u need...

Oh is that right? I always thought must plus the no. of days the embroyo was transferred. Hope I can spread and baby dusts here too

Hazel, gd luck for ur BT today! Hope to hear gd news fr u...

Thanks dream. Just had my bt done. treating myself to a hearty breakfast. Feeling zen at the moment. Haven't told my husband abt the negative hpt though. Sigh.

audrey, take care of urself hor...during this cycle, i had a very veyr bad cough too....and was scared cos both tcm and nurses ask me not to cough so much in case baby doesnt stick to me...but it becomes worse when i tried to contain it...tcm suggest me eating pi pa gao...dissolve a spoon of it in warm water and drink it down...it actually helps to soothe it a lot...so just in case u need...

Hazel, gd luck for ur BT today! Hope to hear gd news fr u...

I'm trying hard not to cough! and having bad flu too :(

Thanks dream. Just had my bt done. treating myself to a hearty breakfast. Feeling zen at the moment. Haven't told my husband abt the negative hpt though. Sigh.

Hi hazel...

I've been doing Hpt for the last 3 days and its -ve too... Hoping for miracle but all prepared for FET round too...

Bt on 4 sept... Still long way to go...sigh..

Dun be disheartened ok? Maybe BT will turn out positive? If not, take it as a warm up round and try again... Your body will get better each time.

I,ve been through 1 fresh and 2 FET too and only succeeded on my 2 nd FET (abt 6 yrs ago).

I still feel a little disappointed whenever I see a -ve on the HPT but I take it as a good 2 wks break from work :)

Jia you together ok hazel? Hugs

I'm trying hard not to cough! and having bad flu too :(

yah...i know what u mean.. is a torture to hold back coughing and i end up coughing much heavily when i cant tahan anymore...i had flu too cum blocked nose..but dun dare to take any lozenges...so in e end, just rub some peppermint oil at my nose area and helps to clear...drink more warm water and rest well....try not to fall sick during this period...if u really need to see doc, rem to ask for preg safe med...

hazel, dun think abt the hpt...u never know...a surprise may just be waiting for u....just find sth to distract and wait for nurse to call u...jia you ah...

yah...i know what u mean.. is a torture to hold back coughing and i end up coughing much heavily when i cant tahan anymore...i had flu too cum blocked nose..but dun dare to take any lozenges...so in e end, just rub some peppermint oil at my nose area and helps to clear...drink more warm water and rest well....try not to fall sick during this period...if u really need to see doc, rem to ask for preg safe med...

hazel, dun think abt the hpt...u never know...a surprise may just be waiting for u....just find sth to distract and wait for nurse to call u...jia you ah...

saw gynae yesterday & got a bottle of cough syrup will take after lunch he ask me to continue with my usual antihistamine for my flu, will take later & go nap.

Back