IVF/ICSI Support Group

Astaris, I was also hyper stimulated. On the day after ER, I was having bad cramp that I feel like curling up like a fried prawn. It subsidied after a while. Then it went away. I could still feel some pain while walking, when I was discharged from the hospital room. I was told to drink a lot of water and high protein food during this period.

Dr prescribed for me a med called Carbergoline and was told to take it continuously for 5 days.

The next day after the ER, I took 2 packs of Immunocal and have fish for dinner and drink ensure milk.

Astaris, I just saw TSB and told her what happened. She felt very confident saying that, because I have been taking tcm and that's why I was not bloated and my hyper stimulated body was under controlled.... err... I think maybe lor. I think it is also the med that was prescribed to me.

Suggest when you return for bt tomorrow, try to ask for med that can suppress your ohss. Maybe you try to check out Carbergoline?

SSS, doc also prescribed me Carbergoline.. My pain tolerance usually quite high, I even thought the HCG shot was bearable but this is soo uncomfortable.

Will u contine with fresh or freeze?

Magical, welcome on board!

Your query is very general. Frankly, there are hundreds of things to take note of... don't know what to tell you and what you need to know...

Don't take cold drinks.

Astaris, no leh. Dr discouraged me to do fresh. She said lining will be better for frozen cycle. Today, all my embryos were frozen. How about you? Are you informed about the fertilisation result yet?

SSS thank you.

How do they determine long and short cycle? For long cycle, if I start this month does it mean the extraction likely in June ?

Astaris, go and take some ew and drink water and take ensure milk powder. If you have immunocal, drink 2 or 3 packs. This was what I did. I think maybe will help you too.

magical, I am not really sure how doc determine long or short protocol.

What was your consultation like before he told you it will be long protocol?

Long protocol will start with suppression stage first and follow by stimulation stage and then trigger for ER. While short protocol is also antagonist protocol, it will just start with stimulation stage and then trigger for ER.

I think doc will be able to advise you when your ER will be. Can't advise much as I am a short protocol-er.

SSS, I will, thanks.

Will know about fertilization only tmr. I'm not keen to do fresh as I feel that physically I'm not ready after OHSS. But I read in overseas forum that mild OHSS helps stick the embbies better, dunno how true. All let dr decide tmr.

Anyone here had mild OHSS but continued with ET?

Hi astaris,

My 4th cycle with care, angela actually hope i will have mild ohss ...she said bfp chances higher..well it din work for me...but i must say first few days after et n er was really uncomfortable. First time er, i bleed quite abit then got so much cramp that i cried cos i nvr had cramps even when have af...

Hi magical, good to find Jerry ivf kaki here. Everyone else seems to be seeing Dr Loh or Dr Tan. If I am not wrong, these docs were also formerly from kkh.
I just hope we are in good hands too.

lisa don worry. I was with dr tan but my ER was done by dr Jerry coz happened dr tan was on leave. so far my ER was okie with no side effect after that.

Thank you fantasydm for ur assurance!
So far I have seen Dr Jerry Chan twice and I think he is quite nice. It's just that I seldom see his name mentioned. But I guess after a few more BFP ( including me, I hope ), he will be very well sought after.

Good morning!

Magical, after a night of rest I remember that doc will do AMH bt to determine whether to start you with long or short protocol.

mei2, count down! 1 more day to trigger shot!
happy.gif

good morning

Thanks SSS abut blur on terms what's Amh bt.?

Lisa I was seeing dr loh who used to be kkh did 2 iuis with him not successful Had a friend was successful in kkh ivf so I went ahead to go for ivf

Welcome magical!

If i'm not wrong, long protocol starts suppression on day 21 of menses then stim start the d2 of next menses
happy.gif

magical ur suppression will start on d21. as for the stim jab will depend on ur first BT result. dr will base on ur hormones from ur BT result to determine when u can start stim.

Mei2, no leh. I din start my stim on d2 of my menses wor. M only going back to kkh on the 14th day (d5 of new cycle) of lucrin to determine when to start the stim wor.

Fantasy, thanks alot! So my er is next tues.. hubby got to clear by today hor? Btw hows ur leg? Feeling better?

Magical, pls ignore my post.. see energetic's.. thanks energetic!

yes mei2. better clear tonight to ensure fresh army on tues
happy.gif

my leg recovered le but can't go out
sad.gif
first time ever bed rest cum home confined for 14 days .....next tues gg for blood test le but don know if to worry or not to worry coz till now I hv no symptoms at all...

Thanks bb and fantasy
happy.gif

Fantasy.. thats a good girl haa and not to worry abt symptons ya.. just wait patiently for ur BT next week
happy.gif
jiayou!

Magical, u can use this to calculate your ET (+/- 5 days depending on your follicle size). http://www.ivf.ca/calcu2.htm

Did BT today and indeed I've mild OHSS. Was advise to try for blastocyst but can only transfer one next week or go ahead with two embyro today. DH decided to wait til next week cause Doc say OHSS may elevate if I have multiply pregnancy.

Prestrongen support starts now. Hopefully no OHSS!

Dolly, thanks for ur reply. I hope u r feeling better. Will u do FET soon?

Hi astaris,

Will see how after dnc. Cos some say will have spotting for weeks n need time to bu body at tcm too. Only left 2 frozen snow bb.

Did discuss w dh last nite we will try natural or fet, dun waste 2 frozen by sending them for dun knw wat test overseas which can cost 5k. Might as well use that amount do a trsf ..i m sure every embryo got its chance n life. Secondly can it survive the thawing is another question..

Anyway will start tiking after settle down..just ask my godson bid goodbye to my bb inside, he wave byebye..so sweet...

Hi!

I just started my long protocol with Dr LC Foong from GlenE, anyone here with him?

May I know if anyone developed an allergy to Superfact? Aft the nurse jabbed on my tummy to show us how to do it, it became like a big mozzie bite, abt 50 cent coin size and skin around is all red, palm size.

Dr said to monitor and try today again on the other side of the tummy. Nothing special happened but slightly itchy...

Magical, I am also on long protocol in kkh. Likely to start in July or August. What about u?
When we say start ivf, means the first injection right?

Dollygal, like you, i will definitely try for FET to give every embryo a chance to life. If it can thaw well, means that its strong and of good quality. Meanwhile, pls rest well and take good care of your body. Must do 2 weeks confinement after dnc. Bug hugz.

Hi Lisa, I have exactly the same q as u! Here is what I read but not sure if I interpret it correctly...

I guess Day 21 suppression is kind of not considered the start of ivf. Only after period comes and the start of stimulation, then it's considered 'the beginning'

http://infertility.about.com/od/infertilitytreatments/ss/ivf_treatment_3.htm

The first official day of your treatment cycle is the day you get your period. (Even though it may feel like you've already begun with the medications you've started before in step one.) On the second day of your period, your doctor will likely order blood work and an ultrasound. (Yes, an ultrasound during your period isn't exactly pleasant, but what can you do?) This is referred to as your baseline blood work and your baseline ultrasound.

Hi Meimei, wah... so the stimulation part which is 2-4 weeks after 1 injection is then considered as start of ivf.

Oh I see . .. Thanks!
happy.gif

Lisa, Hehehe yup.. I edited my message with a clearer explanation..

No one with Dr Foong?? I am wondering y? There was a thread with so many success stories but it died off in 2011... I really like him so we r paying to do it private but it's kind of scary nobody's trying with him?

Hi gals, I forgot who was asking abt bill but I just got my NUH total bill details about 1.5months after BT. Almost 12k. Sorry for random reply as just got back from short getaway
happy.gif

Nervous babe,

There are usually 2-3 types of jabs, depending on individual.. You'll be told which to take in the morning and which in the evening.. If you work office hours, can just do morning jabs before going to wk, and evening jabs when you come home from work..

Thks min81, oh, I though I read some ladies at having 3 jabs a day. Wonder how they do it in the afternoon. doing ivf is so stressful for working ladies.

Dolly gal, hope u r coping well, hugs hugs

Astaris, have you got better today? How was your bt? Do you mind sharing how many embryos you have?

How many embryos will doc use for blastocyst transfer?

Magical, AMH is Anti-Müllerian Hormone. The amh bt will show how much is your follicles reserve.

Your doc would have done the amh bt on you and determined that you are suitable for long protocol.

Back