IVF at NUH--feedback pls

Hi Lavender,
You jab by your own? I've no idea how to handle those jab myself hehe...
What's the size of all your follicles? No idea as to why my lining shrink but nurse and my tcm said its ok..so I'll not worry unnecessarily...
See you tomorrow if i see you...my appt 745am

Hi ladylamb,

My appt is 745am too...haha! I jab all by myself! I trust my hand better than hubby's hand...haha! I did copy my follicies size..15,13,11,17,14.5,11.I think 3 of them are still small.Btw, today is my Day 10 as heard Prof asked nurse during scanning.I jab until loss count how many days did i jab....maybe we will ER on the same day...haha
happy.gif

Hi Lavender,
How's everything? Read from the other thread you are going for ER this Friday....all the best!
I have to go back for another scan tomorrow morning again...today the biggest follicle at 16.5mm..hope can go for retrieval soon too.

Hi ladylamb,

Yes.Finally decide the day for ER...great to hear that your follicles keep growing,should be no problem ...good quality follicles take time to grow.
happy.gif
My biggest follcies 20mm and other also growing ...

I have to do last trigger jab myself 2am wed night...wow...n on thurs night after 12am cant consume until the ER 2pm (nurse said can drink a bit 6am if really thirsty).

Hi ylgoh,

How your progress? When is your ER?

Lavender,
Wow in the middle of the night 2am...must set many many alarm clocks hehe...i think I'll be very hungry if ER at 2pm....
Your follicles grow very well
happy.gif
anyway, I'll update you again...

Hi my follicle the biggest also about 20mm only one is the biggest. The rest is about 17,15... Not very good progress...
My ER also on Friday. So tomorrow will go down again to take medicine... Nurse haven't told me on the last jab probably on tomorrow... All the best to us

Hi ylgoh,

Haha...we are same day ER
happy.gif
What time is your ER? Nurse called me to settle payment on Fri too.Nurse brief me everything this morning so i no need to go back again until ER Friday.

My follocle the biggest also only ONE is 20mm....haha

Do u plan to bed rest after ET? How many days u plan to bedrest?

Hi ladylamb,

Nurse advise me not to sleep n stay until 2am coz she worry will oversleep...n forgot to wake up for jab...haha! Yes,sure very hungry like fasting that day as nurse told me even after done the ER also cant so fast consume food,even eat also small portion.

Hope we can success to achieve our dream
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
I used to frequent this thread.
Been under prof and gave birth in 2011.
All the best to ladies going for er.
Relax and don't stress yourself
happy.gif

Hi ladylamb,

U going to ER on Friday too? haha...what time is yours? Coz i'm not sure how long i need to take...and if i;m not wrong seems like i'm the first one...:p How big your follicies today?What time u need to jab yourself on Wed midnight? 2am too? haha...

Hi ylgoh,

What time your ER on Friday?

Will we get to know how many eggs retrieve while resting?

Ylgoh, lavendar, ladylamb,

All the best for ER this fri!
happy.gif

Lavendar,

Before you are discharged, the doc will come to check on you and let you know how many eggs were retrieved.. The embryologist will call the next day to inform you how many are fertilised..

Thanks Min!

Lavender, I need to jab at 3am..my ER at 3pm. So that's why I think I am the next after you haha...Today my biggest at 18mm x 3, the rest are slightly smaller.
JY JY JY!!!

Thanks Min !
happy.gif
The doc mean Prof Wong?

Hi ladylamb,did the nurse asked u to stay late till 3am to do jab? haha....i hope by the time i still awake but not blur blur jab wrongly!

Then we do the ET same day n 2WW together n blood test result same day...really cycle mates!! Really feel great to have u & ylgoh ...JY together...
happy.gif

Lavendar,

There'll be a doc assisting Prof, usually a dr sakinah.. She'll be the one who'll check on you at the ward and update you on the number of eggs retrieved..

Lavender, nurse ask me set alarm clock...i think i have to set many many clock hahaha...
Great that we will be in our 2ww together....must continue to encourage each other..hehe..Fri you choose single or shared room? I choose the single....
Oh btw, did you read my reply on the other thread regarding your question on the embryo update?

Hi lady lamp , yes read it thanks for your reply in other thread . I choose share room to save $$$ n more people got accompany not so lonely in single room... Haha! Now is 1:15 am waiting for 2 am to come... Almost fall zzzz already ... I set alarm clock better
happy.gif
haha! Yes , we are best cycle buddy met in this forum must encourage each other n i will be here always to share feeling n update
happy.gif

Hi lady lamb, I'm nervous too even done 1 time before... Now on the way to nuh , still early actually not need to be there so early but thanks to my hubby as he produce his sperm sooooo early ( i was so angry as i want to rest more n he not need to produce sooo early actually ) so no choice have to rush to nuh but traffic jam on the road now. !! Wish us all the best too
happy.gif
we update each other how many eggs retrieve later oh
happy.gif

Hi ylgoh, not sure have u read my post in another thread ... My 6 follicles only 1 egg retrieved n I was soooooo worry n this morning wake up early wait for the call n finally my only egg got fertilized . ... Not sure the fertilised embroy can survive till ET on mon ...have the CHR confirm ET time with u? I did ask prof before discharge yesterday why my 6 follicles only 1 egg retrieved . He said no explaination n not all follicles have egg , he also said got people no egg retrieved ... 1 egg also can pregnant n it's not over yet... What to do? Did prof check on u before discharge ?hope our only Embroy can create miracle
happy.gif

Hi lady lamb, how are u?

Hi Lavender,
Right after ER yesterday, I developed fever with pulse and bp problem. So was only discharged last night at 11pm! Luckily my fever subsided today. Anyway, yesterday I was informed that I had 6 eggs retrieved. But sadly this morning when the embryologist called me at 1030am, she said NONE of the six had fertilized. I felt so depressed after receiving that call. Even till now I kept on thinking about it. She said could be due to my egg quality problem. She said they will continue to culture and monitor till tomorrow. My tcm told me that it might be still too early when they examined it. Usually fertilization takes up to 24 hours. and that my OR was only done yesterday 3pm. Hopefully I still have a slim chance, but not pinning too much hope on it..

Hi lady lamb, I discharge 8pm yesterday n my body is ok.I think maybe it is still too early for your eggs to fertilize as u done 3 pm... Just hope good things will come as we also can't do anything now... I also take some time to settle my emotion as I only retrieved 1 egg n very lucky my precious one have fertilized ...the waiting time for the call from nuh are very torture... It is really a tough journey , hope miracle happen to us , pray hard n think positive
happy.gif
don't think too much n have good rest
happy.gif

Lavender,
My 6 eggs did not fertilized. So this is the end of my first ivf journey. Things happen for a reason, so i move on and look forward to my next cycle.
Wishing you all the best in your ET tomorrow. Have faith in your strong embryo and update here again okie!

Chris, I helped u ask Tcm Dr He from Eu Yan Sang already. She does acupuncture! She says must go n c her first let her access your situation n body condition first. Usually once u start IVF be it suppression or stimulation, she suggest accu alternate days for best results... Accu is $28 plus her consultation fees. If she adds medicine then have to pay more. Her consultation is $18 for first time n subsequent is $12

So far so good
happy.gif
she's quite quiet at first but after a few visits, she will open up n talk more. Her meds aren't so intense also so not too ex cos dr zhao from raffles always give me a lot of meds... V ex...I can't afford

Visited EYS the famous Xia Rong $600+ for first consultation with medicine which tasted like mud in dissolvable in water. Medicine for 1 month coz she only visit Singapore once a month. Diagnose me as 子宫寒 which I later found out from KKH hsg because Fallopian tube was dilated so trap fluid inside so 寒

Now visiting TCM opposite marine parade Ntuc insured $108 first consultation. Include acu medicine and boiling of medicine
More assurance coz alot if pregnant bellies in different nationalities visit them

i1BB: is Dr He's meds brew type or powder? I still not really feeling well, throat still dry and coughing
sad.gif

Chris, hers is powder dissolve in warm water type.

Wah donkey ears, xia Rong is über ex! Cos she's famous lah... Paragon wor.. Sure charge more also. But I dnt know if she's really that good bo. Haha. It's like branding... Btw glad u found a better one at marine parade. isit ban Choon chan? Read abt your bt result dear... U go pamper yourself n eat sashimi have good food n go holiday ya... After that recharge n do fet... I rem u still have a good number of snow babies hor?
happy.gif

i1BB: thanks! ok.. I m actually thinking to stop herbs cos the weather also making it easy for me to recover. I will have to ask TSB when I see her.. Now is dilemma whether to stop or continue the packs I still have

i1BB: I mean the weather isn't making it easy for me to recover. I also don't know leh.. Now is like I am heaty I think.. Throat isn't like normal, dry dry like that so will cough at times. Feel like not taking anymore herbs. I think some sis got share can take chrysanthemum so at times I take it.

i1BB: I still thinking abt it Lo.. that's the prob I face when take herbs one.. Buay tahan. But I think weather also bad lo

For dr he right, her meds not nec heaty.. I noticed she gives me a little bit diff meds every week. I take le so far ok. U try drink more water ya...

i1BB: I see.. I have been drinking about 2L/day (more or less).. I kinda ask my accupuncturist if its ok just do accup without meds, she say w meds is better so that's why I still thinking.. But if keep heaty hence like on verge to fall sick like that also no point hor.

Red velvet: how's the jabs coming along? Suddenly thought of you.

i1BB: actually accup + consultation so total is $40.. Same as mine if accup only. Cos there is also moxibustion so add another $15. TCM wise, am checking if it causes heatiness.
happy.gif

Wah! Like better hor with this moxi thingy!! Mmm... Mayb I shd try it some day too. Hehe. 40 all in for accu n moxi hor?

I1BB: yup.
happy.gif
no harm to try. u doing cycle in Oct right? I might do much earlier, next month. 长痛不如短痛.. Haha

Ladies, im gg for my nxt fresh cycle w NUH n will like to check w u ladies here whether during d scan, can we request MC from d doc or no MC will b given n we need to use own leave?

Lakigal: the scans are done super early in morning and usually by 8.30am, u are already to go off liao. If u work nearby then u probably can just be late for work abit only. I didnt have to ask mc but its because my workplace have flexi work hours (come in late then leave later)

Back