IVF at KKH

Hi have you did your ET?
Not yet. They told me to wait till my next menses because if I do a fresh transfer, I may develop OHSS cos I had 51 eggs during my egg retrieval. So embryo transfer will be done in my next cycle (July). She will transfer only one embryo though cos its my first time and she doesnt wanna take the risk of transferring two.

Not yet. They told me to wait till my next menses because if I do a fresh transfer, I may develop OHSS cos I had 51 eggs during my egg retrieval. So embryo transfer will be done in my next cycle (July). She will transfer only one embryo though cos its my first time and she doesnt wanna take the risk of transferring two.

Wow 51! How many Embryos / blastocyst you have?

Wow 51! How many Embryos / blastocyst you have?

Just 6 :( The rest were really poor quality. I have PCOS which means many eggs but they are of poor quality and many do not progress to blastocyst stage. Now the 6 good quality embryos have reached the blastocyst stage and are in the freezer. (My babies are in the freezer!!) Cant wait to get them out. Just hope they survive the freezing and thawing process.

Just 6 :( The rest were really poor quality. I have PCOS which means many eggs but they are of poor quality and many do not progress to blastocyst stage. Now the 6 good quality embryos have reached the blastocyst stage and are in the freezer. (My babies are in the freezer!!) Cant wait to get them out. Just hope they survive the freezing and thawing process.
@123baby, Have you done any FET?

Hi ladies!! Im in my 2ww! Monday is my BT.
Have not feeling well lately, very fatigue & all. I’m late 6days now. Didnt want to put much hope as i do heard that progrestrone gel may delay yout period but then a friend of mine got her period on time while using progrestrone. im so nervous right now.

Have not feeling well lately, very fatigue & all. I’m late 6days now. Didnt want to put much hope as i do heard that progrestrone gel may delay yout period but then a friend of mine got her period on time while using progrestrone. im so nervous right now.

All the best peaches!!! Maybe I will see you at KKH tmr for the blood test cos mine is tomorrow too!! I will be the one in yellow (cos happy sunshine-staying positive). Say hi! :) All the best to us!!! ‍♀️

Yes. I do get my period even when I’m on the vaginal gel. Good luck to you!

Hello all

I am about to start my ivf in kk in August cycle .

However, my husband has just started a new job last week and finds it hard to take leave to attend the mandatory counselling session. I understand that this session is compulsory in kk.

Is there any alternative?

Hopefully you are successfully this time. I've been though the same route as u, did IUI and after 3 Ivf attempts at kkh, I welcome my twins boy & girl 1 month ago. :)

Hello all

I am about to start my ivf in kk in August cycle .

However, my husband has just started a new job last week and finds it hard to take leave to attend the mandatory counselling session. I understand that this session is compulsory in kk.

Is there any alternative?
You might want to check if they have a session on Sats. I would say it’s better if he’s able to attend so that he has a clear overview of what both of you will be going through and be well-prepared.

I am doing an IUI with Dr Ang from Gleneagles. Baby dust to me!
But just in case if it is not successful, I will like to do IVF at KKH instead. Since my husband is 42 years old, does that means he can't use his medisave to pay for the IVF?. Both of us are Sporeans and I am 37yo

I had 26 eggs and I thought that's a lot. Now I see even more eggs!

I had 26 eggs and I thought that's a lot. Now I see even more eggs!
Depends on how many are fertilized .Actually one thing I could have done better is to request for genetic screening. But it's too late now as can only do it in a fresh cycle

Today went for a review checkup. Was told by my dr in Kkh that the sperm bank is being freeze due to gov quality check. And not sure when reopen. Not sure anyone here face this? Was looking forward the start of my ivf but seems gonna wait again. Or isit just because being subisdy that why gonna wait?

Been doing all sort of tests since end sept till now. My ivf havent even start....

Today went for a review checkup. Was told by my dr in Kkh that the sperm bank is being freeze due to gov quality check. And not sure when reopen. Not sure anyone here face this? Was looking forward the start of my ivf but seems gonna wait again. Or isit just because being subisdy that why gonna wait?

Been doing all sort of tests since end sept till now. My ivf havent even start....

If I didn’t remember wrongly, IVF was closed from around 20 January until when I can’t remember, not sure if it is for this reason. But it should be open around early February. You may call and checked with them.

Once you do IVF, it will be considered private, only those test you do prior to IVF will be under subsidies if you have gotten a referral letter from polyclinic previously.

If I didn’t remember wrongly, IVF was closed from around 20 January until when I can’t remember, not sure if it is for this reason. But it should be open around early February. You may call and checked with them.

Once you do IVF, it will be considered private, only those test you do prior to IVF will be under subsidies if you have gotten a referral letter from polyclinic previously.

Really? May i know where can i check more detail about this?

Because my dr @ kkh told me that she not sure when reopen, she just suggested me to go for adoption. This very upsetting...

My fertility problem is the male factor only. We completed all the tests and sudden heard this.

Was so looking forward the start but again wait... felt my time is being wasted at kkh because of these waiting.

Last edited:

Because my dr @ kkh told me that she not sure when reopen, she just suggested me to go for adoption. This very upsetting...

My fertility problem is the male factor only. We completed all the tests and sudden heard this.

Was so looking forward the start but again wait... felt my time is being wasted at kkh because of these waiting.

which Dr are you under?

maybe you call kkh hotline to confirm about the re-opening .. 63941694.

Why asking for adoption ah? Your husband can’t produce sperm? If he can then shouldn’t be a problem bcos in the lab they can pick the best sperm.. myself have the low sperm count but my wife is pregnant thru IVF...

Sometimes nobody can explain what cause the infertility. Some couple have no problem at all still can’t conceive naturally..

Why asking for adoption ah? Your husband can’t produce sperm? If he can then shouldn’t be a problem bcos in the lab they can pick the best sperm.. myself have the low sperm count but my wife is pregnant thru IVF...

Sometimes nobody can explain what cause the infertility. Some couple have no problem at all still can’t conceive naturally..

Mine is azoospermia problem due to genetic as per she said. Initially was told can use from sperm donor no issue and before ivf to start well, i got to do a minor daysurgery @ my lining - polypectomy to improve the ivf success once started.

Now said is being freeze due to checking and suggest me to go for adoption coz she dont knw when open...Wonder is this normal? I'm there hoping for a solution but was suggested for adoption..Have an urge to switch to pte dr....

Mine is azoospermia problem due to genetic as per she said. Initially was told can use from sperm donor no issue and before ivf to start well, i got to do a minor daysurgery @ my lining - polypectomy to improve the ivf success once started.

Now said is being freeze due to checking and suggest me to go for adoption coz she dont knw when open...Wonder is this normal? I'm there hoping for a solution but was suggested for adoption..Have an urge to switch to pte dr....

Azoospermia is actually meaning semen contain no sperm.. I think this is the result dr advice for donor sperm. But they is treatment for Azoospermia.

Mine is Oligoasthenoteratozoospermia.. so long the name n sound scary when read it

Azoospermia is actually meaning semen contain no sperm.. I think this is the result dr advice for donor sperm. But they is treatment for Azoospermia.

Mine is Oligoasthenoteratozoospermia.. so long the name n sound scary when read it

Yup (Azoospermia is actually meaning semen contain no sperm).

We're okay in using from a sperm donor. But the advice given us an impression that was their sperm bank not going to open up till years.... thus suggestion for us is to adopt. Wonder anyone here face same issue as us in kkh...

Yup (Azoospermia is actually meaning semen contain no sperm).

We're okay in using from a sperm donor. But the advice given us an impression that was their sperm bank not going to open up till years.... thus suggestion for us is to adopt. Wonder anyone here face same issue as us in kkh...
Did Dr tell you about Micro-TESE surgical sperm extraction?

Did Dr tell you about Micro-TESE surgical sperm extraction?

Yup..from another male dr mentioned this but havent start too. Perhaps we chosed to do all the test at the wrong timing due to cny. (Since Sept till now) Alway the next appt fully booked and now said sperm bank freeze....

I would like to share my personal experience in this field. Some time ago I was ready to give everything for the opportunity to become a mother. Biologically I am now my baby mother. I have no eggs and due to cancer and I lost my uterus. I had no variants. Since I am from Hungary surrogacy is illegal here. We started looking for variants abroad, here a cost varies greatly. After reviewing a large number of clinics, we contacted native iyabasira native clinic They offered an ‘all inclusive’ package that we were very happy with, as we were only focused on winning. And it is much cheaper than somewhere else and we were surprised with conditions and attitude to us. After 1.5 years we became parents. And it is pricelessly. this is mother iya herbs works, email info ([email protected]) In such cases her herbs is a real solution to become a happy mum.

dear all, after 4 failed IVF attempts in KKH, I went to taiwan to give my last shot and was blessed to give birth to a boy girl twins 8 months ago. The fertility hospital is considered the "Authority in fertility" and has superior technique who cheap success rate up to 80%. As a patient in their mailing list, I saw that they are having a seminar on 27th.
Just sharing . This is the registration from . https://forms.gle/7fc2re7WEqi2nQ947

btw, im 39 this yr. so there's still ray of hope for those.

dear all, after 4 failed IVF attempts in KKH, I went to taiwan to give my last shot and was blessed to give birth to a boy girl twins 8 months ago. The fertility hospital is considered the "Authority in fertility" and has superior technique who cheap success rate up to 80%. As a patient in their mailing list, I saw that they are having a seminar on 27th.
Just sharing . This is the registration from . https://forms.gle/7fc2re7WEqi2nQ947

btw, im 39 this yr. so there's still ray of hope for those.
Congrats

Hi all
I am a dependent pass holder and my husband has an EP. What would be the cost involved in IUI and IVF at KK Hospital? Also, any insurance covers fertility treatments?? Since I am new here.... I am pretty lost. Any information or advice will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance

Hi all
I am a dependent pass holder and my husband has an EP. What would be the cost involved in IUI and IVF at KK Hospital? Also, any insurance covers fertility treatments?? Since I am new here.... I am pretty lost. Any information or advice will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance

For foreigners, the cost for private and gov hosp is almost on par since you would not have any subsidies or medisave.

For private, I paid $2K - $2.5K for SO IUI and was quoted anywhere between 15K -25K for IVF.

Some centres like TMC have packages though the final cost with meds comes up to the above.

May I know what is the IVF pre-consultation about and what is BCCC? Is this the briefing? This briefing the husband must attend? Thanks!

Back