IVF at KKH

Yes do not eat pineapple not good.... Eat more veg, fruit, drink Alot water..... One week drink one chicken essence is OK....

Dun drink too much will make you more heaty... Enjoy ur rest day... Listen music or watch funny Korean drama n talk to ur baby....

Hi all, I'm period day 2 today and starting 1st IVF fresh cycle at kkh. Super nervous...anyone else on June cycle? :)

Hi twooonethree,
How have you been?
Are u on leave already and started your cycle?

Hi @Ganbit sorry been away from this forum for quite a while. Im on sch holidays now. My leave will start in July till end of Sem 2.✌️ Im scheduled for IVF briefing tmr but think had to call in to delay it maybe? Im expecting a flow today but seems like nothing. Been spotting for 5 days alr.

Wah congratulations to both of u. Pls share any tips for this waiting time. Any foods or vitamins u two are taking during that time? I wish I can be success like u two. Both 3 days transfer? Any more eggs frozen for u?

Wah congratulations to both of u. Pls share any tips for this waiting time. Any foods or vitamins u two are taking during that time? I wish I can be success like u two. Both 3 days transfer? Any more eggs frozen for u?

No raw food like sashimi, salad, cold drink n alcohol n caffeine... Relax urself n talk n sing song to ur baby,continue to eat medicine doc give you n have food contain calcium

Congratulations to Karen and melodychua...

I am aso under Dr Tan HH and IVF in July, hope he have the magic hands for me

Congratulations to Karen and melodychua...

I am aso under Dr Tan HH and IVF in July, hope he have the magic hands for me
Thx, yes u will too.. But be positive..... Drink warm water n do not drink cold water.... Warm Yr womb before ivf..... Continue to have Folic acid..... Eat health....

Thanks Karen... anything you do before the IVF??? Any tips to share???
Enjoy eating ur favourite food now... Like ice cream.... Sashimi n sushi n oyster n seafood.... Once you do ivf.... You need to stop all this..... But also continue to eat healthy n drink more milk n food contain with calcium, vitamin c.... Do not get sick....

Enjoy eating ur favourite food now... Like ice cream.... Sashimi n sushi n oyster n seafood.... Once you do ivf.... You need to stop all this..... But also continue to eat healthy n drink more milk n food contain with calcium, vitamin c.... Do not get sick....
Hi Karen, but milk is cold leh, can drink?? I also doing ivf in July

Hello, I did my et on the 20th June, it's FET. Did anyone experience backache or mild cramps like af during this 2ww? I did iui and fresh cycle ivf both did not experience this. I rarely have pms symptoms before menses. My backache, mild cramps, bloatedness only came about late Monday.

thanks Karen, have a smooth enjoyable pregnancy ahead... :)

Hi karen, do you still go for work when doing ivf or have you stop work to make it success? may i know is the popping of the needles pain for you and leave many black green marks?

Hi karen, do you still go for work when doing ivf or have you stop work to make it success? may i know is the popping of the needles pain for you and leave many black green marks?
Yes I still go work during Ivf..... Until egg transfer then I take hospital leave for 3 week given by Kkh.... BTW the needles pain not much as the needle is quite fine... Will not have blue black.... Stay positive.... Cheer up urself.....

hi.. can i check does orgalutran jab stop menses? Went to kkh on my D3 of menses to start my first Orgalutran jab. Normally my menses lasts 6-7days. D4 my menses stop. today is D5 n still no trace of blood. is it normal?

hi.. can i check does orgalutran jab stop menses? Went to kkh on my D3 of menses to start my first Orgalutran jab. Normally my menses lasts 6-7days. D4 my menses stop. today is D5 n still no trace of blood. is it normal?
I have same problem.... Maybe due to we too stress of Ivf lo

I heard Dr Tan HH will be on leave on 1st and 2nd Aug.. I will be starting mine soon as estimated AF will come next week..scared my er / et will be that timing

Can I check .. For these briefing / counseling session prior to ivf, is it mandatory for hub to attend too? My hub won't be around for quite a few months. Also, the consent forms, can it be pdf to my hub for him to sign and then he scans a copy back?

Hi @Ganbit, anyone tell u that is it mandatory for the husband to come? Coz my hubby on course and not able to come.

Hey @Pinkgrrl i went for the briefing alr and all ladies turn up with partner. They have couple of dates avai for briefing. U might want to change to suit both timing.. If not later feel awkward. Just saying.

Hi all,

I am diagnosed with PCOS and have started treatment early this year. Went to a gynae and was on one cycle of medication. The blood test result was not positive and he referred me to go to KK to do IVF.

I went to TFC for a second opinion and was given one cycle of medication. Yesterday i did a scan and Dr Loh SF said that i do not have any mature egg despite all the oral treatment. It was CD13. He suggested that i go for IVF because the husband sperm analysis was not good as well. (the results were quite far off from the avg). The husband is quite demoralised as it never occured to us that he also might be the issue.

I am really scared of needles and was hoping that IUI could be an option for me. Now that it seems that IVF is the only option, i have a few questions to ask.

-If i go to KKH as a pvt patient, will i still enjoy the government funding for IVF? (I know someone told me i can still enjoy the funding, is there anyone here actually got the funding as a pvt pt?)
-Is it true that KKH will reject doing IVF treatment for you if you are overweight? (Dr Loh SF told me i need to lose 30kg otherwise i can forget about going to KKH for IVF. If i dont go to gov hosp for IVF, i cant enjoy the 70% grant.)
-Are the needles very difficult to inject? Very painful?

TIA. =(

Hi all,

I am diagnosed with PCOS and have started treatment early this year. Went to a gynae and was on one cycle of medication. The blood test result was not positive and he referred me to go to KK to do IVF.

I went to TFC for a second opinion and was given one cycle of medication. Yesterday i did a scan and Dr Loh SF said that i do not have any mature egg despite all the oral treatment. It was CD13. He suggested that i go for IVF because the husband sperm analysis was not good as well. (the results were quite far off from the avg). The husband is quite demoralised as it never occured to us that he also might be the issue.

I am really scared of needles and was hoping that IUI could be an option for me. Now that it seems that IVF is the only option, i have a few questions to ask.

-If i go to KKH as a pvt patient, will i still enjoy the government funding for IVF? (I know someone told me i can still enjoy the funding, is there anyone here actually got the funding as a pvt pt?)
-Is it true that KKH will reject doing IVF treatment for you if you are overweight? (Dr Loh SF told me i need to lose 30kg otherwise i can forget about going to KKH for IVF. If i dont go to gov hosp for IVF, i cant enjoy the 70% grant.)

TIA. =(
I've gotten the funding as a pte patient. As long as you are Singaporean you will surely get it. Not sure about weight entry but you can check with the doc there. In any case you will have to see the doc before you start any ivf treatment. Needles are the least u should worry about, not difficult to get it in and not very painful. Nurse will show u how and guide you for the first time. What's most important is your determination. Good luck.

Hi all,

TIA. =(
Hi Sharkles,

I am a private patient in KKH as well. On my way to IVF in Sep and scheduled for the Counselling next week. From what I gather, even if u are a private patient, u will still get to enjoy the government grant.

I am not a fan of needles too but please be brave and positive. I wish you all the best on your journey towards IVF.

I've gotten the funding as a pte patient. As long as you are Singaporean you will surely get it. Not sure about weight entry but you can check with the doc there. In any case you will have to see the doc before you start any ivf treatment. Needles are the least u should worry about, not difficult to get it in and not very painful. Nurse will show u how and guide you for the first time. What's most important is your determination. Good luck.

Hi Sharkles,

I am a private patient in KKH as well. On my way to IVF in Sep and scheduled for the Counselling next week. From what I gather, even if u are a private patient, u will still get to enjoy the government grant.

I am not a fan of needles too but please be brave and positive. I wish you all the best on your journey towards IVF.

Thank you all for confirming... :) i am still very very new to this and doing more research now. So my last appointment TFC, Dr Loh said that the only option is IVF. he gave some meds for my husband to work on his sperm quality and count.. what should i do now? Should i proceed with the next review or should i start to make an appointment with KKH since if i need to do ivf, the feasible option is via kkh for the grant.

Can i also understand the process and time involved for ivf with kkh? There will be a first consultation where i show them the past tests and maybe do more test required? Thereafter they will put you in queue for ivf? Whats the avg timeframe?

I am asking because right now i am moving house and pending confirmation at work. Ideally it will be great if ivf is done towards end of the year but i know i cant choose as it depends on the queue. I have an appt with Dr Sadana in Aug. If the timeframe is couple of months, i can proceed with the appointment in Aug.

Is there any recommended doc at kkh who is experienced in pcos&ivf?

Thanks alot of your time. Pardon my many questions.

Really hope that i can get least bear one child for my husband.

Thank you all for confirming... :) i am still very very new to this and doing more research now. So my last appointment TFC, Dr Loh said that the only option is IVF. he gave some meds for my husband to work on his sperm quality and count.. what should i do now? Should i proceed with the next review or should i start to make an appointment with KKH since if i need to do ivf, the feasible option is via kkh for the grant.

Can i also understand the process and time involved for ivf with kkh? There will be a first consultation where i show them the past tests and maybe do more test required? Thereafter they will put you in queue for ivf? Whats the avg timeframe?

I am asking because right now i am moving house and pending confirmation at work. Ideally it will be great if ivf is done towards end of the year but i know i cant choose as it depends on the queue. I have an appt with Dr Sadana in Aug. If the timeframe is couple of months, i can proceed with the appointment in Aug.

Is there any recommended doc at kkh who is experienced in pcos&ivf?

Thanks alot of your time. Pardon my many questions.

Really hope that i can get least bear one child for my husband.

Hi, I am with Dr Sadhana as well. I first saw Dr Sadhana in June this year and am scheduled for IVF in September 2016. So if ur appointment is in August and since you have done some previous tests, you may not have to wait that long. So I am assuming ur IVF can start around Oct - Nov. It is definitely by the queue system at KKH. Dr Sadhana is a very warm and friendly doctor.
All the best for ur journey!

Hi, I am with Dr Sadhana as well. I first saw Dr Sadhana in June this year and am scheduled for IVF in September 2016. So if ur appointment is in August and since you have done some previous tests, you may not have to wait that long. So I am assuming ur IVF can start around Oct - Nov. It is definitely by the queue system at KKH. Dr Sadhana is a very warm and friendly doctor.
All the best for ur journey!

Thanks dear.. all the best to you! I am hoping it wont be a wasted trip down if they decided to reject doing ivf for me due to my weight :(

What was the other process/procedure you had to do in between your first appointment to the date to do ivf?

After the ivf i suppose you are given HL?

Thanks dear.. all the best to you! I am hoping it wont be a wasted trip down if they decided to reject doing ivf for me due to my weight :(

What was the other process/procedure you had to do in between your first appointment to the date to do ivf?

After the ivf i suppose you are given HL?

Normally the doctor will send you for various blood tests, the HSG test which checks the functioning of the Fallopian tubes and ultrasound of the pelvis as well.

Depending on the test results and age, the doctor will then recommend the best way forward. IVF, IUI, or other corrective surgery.
Once you have gone for first appt and all the above tests, you will have a clearer picture.

And yes, HL is 2 weeks post the procedure is what I have heard.

Think we will proceed with the review appointment at TFC, since we have paid for the test and want to get the results. if really IVF is the option than i think will go to KKH.

Now i am not sure if its worth going to TCM? Is there a need to go to TCM if we are going to go for IVF? I understand TCM is like an alternative, slower treatment process for people who want to try naturally. Unless of cos TCM can go hand in hand with IVF treatment process and will benefit.

Back