IVF at KKH

@Marshmallow_BB No not at all.... 5 of it mature and injected the sperm to see if its fertilised. She said that usually the sperm will join together to the egg and then fertilised. But the sperm didnt even join to the egg. So unable to proceed. :(

Poor fafy, so sorry to hear that. It must hv been disappointing for all the efforts, jabs and discomfort that u hv gone through. Hope u r feeling better now. If u need a listening ear, do feel free to PM me ok. Hugs.

I m not sure what can be done to increase sperm quality, maybe the sisters here can help?

Poor fafy, so sorry to hear that. It must hv been disappointing for all the efforts, jabs and discomfort that u hv gone through. Hope u r feeling better now. If u need a listening ear, do feel free to PM me ok. Hugs.

I m not sure what can be done to increase sperm quality, maybe the sisters here can help?
:( indeed very dissapointing.... I feel ok... Trying not to think about it. Thannk u @Marshmallow_BB.. Will do. ❤️ Hugs

@Fafy maybe try consult TCM this round. Heard the recommended one is at Blk 433 Clementi ave 4 dr tan kin seng.

Hi,
Would you recommend considering IVF after 3 recurrent miscarriages? I'm not getting any younger as well as i'm 34.

Hi all, i have done 1st IVF with KKH , result - negative (today just tested blood) and Dont know what to do next. anyone trying acupuncture? any clinic recommended for fertility? Thanks

HI HI @bbdust81 , how much is one session? need to sign for package? both husband and wife need to do it? thanks for reply. i was very disappointed today and finding other ways for it. Ru going for IVF at KKH too? my next appointment to doc is way too far on 14 May. Haiz need to wait so long for it.

Last edited:
@mimi_june, I did and failed my IVF @ KKH about 5 yrs ago. I was disappointed and loss. Loss cos I wasnt sure emotionally I could take another round of IVF, n not sure if d outcome wld b successful.

However, I conceived my gal naturally less than 6mths after my failed IVF.

@mimi_june, 5 sessions per package and it cost $416. First time has to pay consultation fees as the physician need to know more your conditions. If you have your previous reports, bring along and let them see. It depends on you and your hubby's condition. I heard that accupuncture can aso improve the sperm motility. If your hubby has issues in this area, he can also give it a try....

I am also going for my IVF in KK...

Is good to take a break before going for the next IVF as the jabs and medicine is very invasive...even we are very anxious to get the results...May is coming soon, don't worry

HI @tiggerpooh yes, i feel very loss this morning. but i will try another round of IVF or IUI. actually i was for IUI, but later too many follicles and doc asked me whether i want to change to IVF or not. So i went for ivf. but result was not good even though IVF. that' why i feel lost. KKH doesn't recommend to do IVF in straight month. So anyway i need to wait and see how he will advise me to do. In mean while i am thinking to go for acupuncture.

@bbdust81 my hubby sperm are ok according to kkh testing. My ovary and tube also no problem. i done all my checking at KKH too. I suffered bloating a few days before egg retrieval (15eggs), and after embryo transfer. Too many jabs and too tiring . but i still want to try another round. Finally i found someone who can understand the feelings. haha too emotional for today.

I was emotional 4 quite a while.... Having gone thru 4 IUIs and 1 IVF. N since KKH has a "cooling" period after the failed IVF, i was at a loss as to shld I try again?

It's really not ez.... D jabs, time away fr wk, etc.....

It was during d "cooling" period dat DH noticed I was still feeling down n loss dat he decided dat I shld go join him on his biz trip.

Mayb cos I was really in a relax mood, our DD was conceived during dat biz trip.

HI @tiggerpooh yes, i feel very loss this morning. but i will try another round of IVF or IUI. actually i was for IUI, but later too many follicles and doc asked me whether i want to change to IVF or not. So i went for ivf. but result was not good even though IVF. that' why i feel lost. KKH doesn't recommend to do IVF in straight month. So anyway i need to wait and see how he will advise me to do. In mean while i am thinking to go for acupuncture.

@bbdust81 my hubby sperm are ok according to kkh testing. My ovary and tube also no problem. i done all my checking at KKH too. I suffered bloating a few days before egg retrieval (15eggs), and after embryo transfer. Too many jabs and too tiring . but i still want to try another round. Finally i found someone who can understand the feelings. haha too emotional for today.

@mimi_june I totally feel u coz I hv embarked on 2 IVF cycles and result is BFN. Actually, I m still in my 2nd cycle 2ww and my BT is on next Monday. But I m not too hopeful as my HPT result is negative. I will try again for a 3rd cycle a few mths later although physically and emotionally taxing. U jiayou ya and hope u r feeling better now. :)

@tiggerpooh That's very lucky of you conceived naturally. I wish i can be too. Always wonder why it is so difficult for me while others keep having baby like very easy task. hahaha

@Marshmallow_BB All the best to you on Monday. Think positive , that's everyone said. For me i always worry and keep thinking and thinking.

Anyone taking multivitamin or nutrients? Can recommend ? i am taking GNC multivitamin all the way. i dont really like to take red dates longan cos my body very easy to get heaty.

@mimi_june, I understand you.. Me n hubby aso have no issues and have failed 2 iui previously in private hospital.. I don't want to do 3rd iui and disappointed again thus switch to ivf in kk.. Dr tan see our reports and said our case is unexplainable fertility issue..Zzzzz

@tiggerpooh That's very lucky of you conceived naturally. I wish i can be too. Always wonder why it is so difficult for me while others keep having baby like very easy task. hahaha

@Marshmallow_BB All the best to you on Monday. Think positive , that's everyone said. For me i always worry and keep thinking and thinking.

Anyone taking multivitamin or nutrients? Can recommend ? i am taking GNC multivitamin all the way. i dont really like to take red dates longan cos my body very easy to get heaty.
@mimi_june , i m taking the below items

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 509
Hi all, would like to check, today I went kkh, they showed me the needle, was very thick. Is it really very painful? And how often need to inject?

@CTTC the needle u mentioned is for self injection? It was not so painful. Not so difficult to inject also. U will get used to it. Normally need to inject once a day about 5-6 days and later go for ultrasound and doc will let decide whether increase dosage or continue . For my case I did injection about 11-12 times.

@mimi_june , i m taking the below items
@bbdust81 thanks for medicine info. Where u buy those? Online? Yeah we will jia you each other. I got my AF yesterday . Maybe I just totally gave up hope for this cycle and it came. Not painful one though. I heard ppl said the period after Ivf will be painful. Haiz ... still disappointed.

Last edited:
@CTTC the needle u mentioned is for self injection? It was not so painful. Not so difficult to inject also. U will get used to it. Normally need to inject once a day about 5-6 days and later go for ultrasound and doc will let decide whether increase dosage or continue . For my case I did injection about 11-12 times.
Thank you dear!! Glad to know its not that painful!

@bbdust81 what is ur purpose of blood test? For pregnancy after ivf? If yes, they call on same day. But for hepatitis blood test before iui or ivf, they never called for results if no problems. U just need to call them only when ur period come.

@bbdust81 what is ur purpose of blood test? For pregnancy after ivf? If yes, they call on same day. But for hepatitis blood test before iui or ivf, they never called for results if no problems.
@mimi_june, bt for IVF.. They will never called if no problems? I thought will called up and arrange a consultation session with Doctor and get a IVF slot

If they did not inform us, how will we know the outcome and what are supposed to do next?

@bbdust81 for my case, they never called me about blood test. They just asked me to call them on my 1st day of AF. Then went down to clinic for injection from 2nd day period onward. Did they ask u to call when ur AF come?

Gona start my IVF this month, yet my period is late late late!
Argh ... our body system seems to be sooo complicated ....

@mimi_june, bt for IVF.. They will never called if no problems? I thought will called up and arrange a consultation session with Doctor and get a IVF slot

If they did not inform us, how will we know the outcome and what are supposed to do next?
if your bt pass the mark the nurse wont call you at all except to call you to tell you to come down 2nd/3rd day menses to scan. If scan i ok everything is a go, you will start your jabs. Basically you dont see the doc till egg extraction day in the op room. Good luck!

if your bt pass the mark the nurse wont call you at all except to call you to tell you to come down 2nd/3rd day menses to scan. If scan i ok everything is a go, you will start your jabs. Basically you dont see the doc till egg extraction day in the op room. Good luck!

@muff, I called up and ask them few days ago, bt results will be out within 2 weeks which will be this week.

They will call me to attend the counselling session, which I have not done so...

Does anyone know now the counselling session is at which month already?

@muff, I called up and ask them few days ago, bt results will be out within 2 weeks which will be this week.

They will call me to attend the counselling session, which I have not done so...

Does anyone know now the counselling session is at which month already?

counselling is not a problem, they have sessions on Tues, Wed and Thurs only so it depends if they have slots. Usually they take up to 6 couples but sometimes can stretch up to 7 if you are urgent case. You can always go for early counselling first then IVF can start later.

hi all, may i know is it painful when they retrieve the eggs?
not really actually.. You will be under sedation (GA like) during the retrieval. You may feel slight discomfort after you wake up but most people are well enough to go home after 1-2hrs rest after the procedure. Dont worry! :D

You are so cute. I am wondering hor under sedation will that person snore? hahaha :D. because i snore when i slp hehehehe..
hahaha! i doubt you will snore but maybe your mouth will be totally unglam and opened :D nurse told me i moved alot during ER under sedation. The anesthetist needed inject more sedatives on me!

hahaha! i doubt you will snore but maybe your mouth will be totally unglam and opened :D nurse told me i moved alot during ER under sedation. The anesthetist needed inject more sedatives on me!
Omg.. i no image liao lor.. hahahaha :D

Hello gals .

How about ET, izzit painful ??
During my ER, I cried... Lol :p.. Cos im too scare ... Lucky it's under sedation.. Woke up just feel tummy numb ..

Omg.. i no image liao lor.. hahahaha :D
Hahaha me too. I knew this because I did a cycle private lab with CARE. They allow husbands to go in during ER. then I ask my husband how was it and my husband told me my mouth was opened during the ER. Whahhaha. Unglam.

Hello gals .

How about ET, izzit painful ??
During my ER, I cried... Lol :p.. Cos im too scare ... Lucky it's under sedation.. Woke up just feel tummy numb ..
Cindy you so cute la. ET is a breeze man. Long tube in and out very fast. Shouldn't be painful unless your doctor is a noob. But usually won't be la.

Back