IVF at KKH

Hello everybody.. I am new here and am scheduled to start ivf in late apr. I had a opt 2 yrs back to unblock my tubes (both were blocked) but dr only managed to unblock 1 side. have been ttc since then but still unsuccessful. kkh scheduled me for a HSG and dr informed that the 'working' tube is very inflammed. success rates would drop by 50% if i proceed with ivf in my current condition. residues in the tube would flow back to contaminate the embryo and prevent implantation. she suggested to clip or drain the tubes first before proceeding.
Am in a lost as i had waited for so long to do ivf. anyone here also facing the same prob?

dear all, i m going to do ivf. but i hv no idea at all. can anyone tell me more abt this
81838690 this is my num, i m ivy

@Fafy good luck to u in yr ER on Monday!! How many follicles do u hv so far from yr scan tdy? U will be doing yr trigger shot tmr night right?
Hey @Marshmallow_BB thank u! I think abt 6. But 2 of the follicle which thy were concentrating on as thy were the appropriate size. Yes i did my scan yest night. N tomorrow's the day. Nervous! May allbe good. So after ET. I have to wait for the fertiisation right? After tht than is the 2ww? How r u coping now?

Hey @Marshmallow_BB thank u! I think abt 6. But 2 of the follicle which thy were concentrating on as thy were the appropriate size. Yes i did my scan yest night. N tomorrow's the day. Nervous! May allbe good. So after ET. I have to wait for the fertiisation right? After tht than is the 2ww? How r u coping now?

@Fafy yr case is a bit similar to my 2nd cycle for ER leh. Haha. Dr retrieved 6 eggs for me during ER day. After yr ER on Monday, u will most likely rest for 1 day b4 ET day. On ET day (ie. Wednesday) doc will tell u how many eggs are fertilised successfully and transfer 1 or 2 eggs for u. Then that will be the start of yr 2ww. Good luck!!

I m currently 8dp3dt and still in my 2ww.

U r a private patient under Dr Sadhana?

Last edited:
@Fafy yr case is a bit similar to my 2nd cycle for ER leh. Haha. Dr retrieved 6 eggs for me during ER day. After yr ER on Monday, u will most likely rest for 1 day b4 ET day. On ET day (ie. Wednesday) doc will tell u how many eggs are fertilised successfully and transfer 1 or 2 eggs for u. Then that will be the start of yr 2ww. Good luck!!

I m currently 8dp3dt and still in my 2ww.

U r a private patient under Dr Sadhana?

@Marshmallow_BB u mean they will still take out the follocile which have not reach the minimum size? (All the 6)
oohh the ET is only a few days after ER? I thought must wait like 1 week or wat lol- and yes im private patient under sadhana.

Btw what is 8dp3dt? How long more for ur 2ww?

P
Hi jennycsy, I oso failed my first ivf cycle and currently embarking on my 2nd fresh cycle. I don't hv a designated doctor at KKH. Letz jiayou together ya. ;)
i think mine likely failed too. Bleeding starts from 1st April and getting full blown macam AF due... by now. So upset. Supposed to go KK on Tuesday 5/4 for blood test but think I'm going tomorrow morning. Get to know the result once and for all.

@Marshmallow_BB u mean they will still take out the follocile which have not reach the minimum size? (All the 6)
oohh the ET is only a few days after ER? I thought must wait like 1 week or wat lol- and yes im private patient under sadhana.

Btw what is 8dp3dt? How long more for ur 2ww?

Oh, actually I hv 7 follicles in total for this cycle but Dr only retrieved 6 follicles. I guess they will not retrieve those follicles that are too small.

8dp3dt means I m now 8 days after my ET. My ET is done on day 3 instd of day 2 for this cycle probably bcoz of Good Friday PH.

My 2ww will end in 1 more week. Kinda nervous abt the blood test result though.

P

i think mine likely failed too. Bleeding starts from 1st April and getting full blown macam AF due... by now. So upset. Supposed to go KK on Tuesday 5/4 for blood test but think I'm going tomorrow morning. Get to know the result once and for all.

Hilo ger, did u test using the HPT kit? Is this yr 1st cycle? This is my 2nd cycle but I m not too positive abt my outcome as I do not encounter any implantation symptoms. Sigh.

All the best to u in yr blood test tmr. Hugs!

Hilo ger, did u test using the HPT kit? Is this yr 1st cycle? This is my 2nd cycle but I m not too positive abt my outcome as I do not encounter any implantation symptoms. Sigh.

All the best to u in yr blood test tmr. Hugs!
Hi Babe! Yes. 1st cycle by Dr Sadhana. Nope didn't use the HPT. I was happy after the ET and bit of confident feeling ...as mine was icsi+blastocyst culture so out of 9 only 2 survives. Sekali the spotting came and followed by heavy menses towards the day sian already.

Hi Babe! Yes. 1st cycle by Dr Sadhana. Nope didn't use the HPT. I was happy after the ET and bit of confident feeling ...as mine was icsi+blastocyst culture so out of 9 only 2 survives. Sekali the spotting came and followed by heavy menses towards the day sian already.

Hi dear, yap I get wat u mean. IVF is not an easy journey with all the ups and downs. Needs lotsa stamina and willpower too. Hugs! How was yr blood test tdy at KKH?

Last edited:
Hi All, I'm new here & im going through my 1st cycle of IVF @ KKH under Dr Sadhana ..

Just wanna find out more if anyone know what are the food that should be avoided during the IVF process and any food that is recommended to be eaten to increase the number of eggs & the side effect of IVF.

Currently im at Day 4 of the first injection :)

Oh, actually I hv 7 follicles in total for this cycle but Dr only retrieved 6 follicles. I guess they will not retrieve those follicles that are too small.

8dp3dt means I m now 8 days after my ET. My ET is done on day 3 instd of day 2 for this cycle probably bcoz of Good Friday PH.

My 2ww will end in 1 more week. Kinda nervous abt the blood test result though.
@Marshmallow_BB i just got back from my ER. Thy managed to retrieved 6 eggs. And wed i have to come bck for ET. Hopefully all is good.
Im sure its gonna be good news for u dear! Do update on the result! :)

@Marshmallow_BB i just got back from my ER. Thy managed to retrieved 6 eggs. And wed i have to come bck for ET. Hopefully all is good.
Im sure its gonna be good news for u dear! Do update on the result! :)

@Fafy that is indeed good news!! The most tedious part of the cycle is over for u and awaiting to hear more good news from u this Wed. Hv a good 1 day rest and Jiayou ya!

I m not too positive abt my BT result though coz no implantation symptoms at all. Hee.

Hi dear, yap I get wat u mean. IVF is not an easy journey with all the ups and downs. Needs lotsa stamina and willpower too. Hugs! How was yr blood test tdy at KKH?
Failed. Negative. And so next appt w Sadhana 26/4 see what's she suggest ... Went to Clementi TCM @ Blk 433 just now, registering and preparing for the 2nd time ...sigh. Leceh hor...how about you?ER when?

Hi All, I'm new here & im going through my 1st cycle of IVF @ KKH under Dr Sadhana ..

Just wanna find out more if anyone know what are the food that should be avoided during the IVF process and any food that is recommended to be eaten to increase the number of eggs & the side effect of IVF.

I failed my 1st cycle. Just now KK called say negative. I didn't pantang much on diet but strictly eat those healthy meals. Jiayo!

Hi Cindy,

Food recommended to eat during injections: egg whites, co-q10, balanced healthy diet etc

Food to avoid eating during 2ww: Raw food, alcohol, papaya, pineapple etc

Good luck to u in yr 1st cycle!! Jiayou!!

Failed. Negative. And so next appt w Sadhana 26/4 see what's she suggest ... Went to Clementi TCM @ Blk 433 just now, registering and preparing for the 2nd time ...sigh. Leceh hor...how about you?ER when?

Hi my dear, sorry to knw abt that. Hope u r feeling better now. Hugs.

I m now in my 2nd IVF cycle 2ww, 9dp3dT. BT on next Monday. Me not too positive abt the result too. I hv also seen a TCM to prepare for this cycle but gota stop eating TCM medicines during the 2ww.

@Fafy that is indeed good news!! The most tedious part of the cycle is over for u and awaiting to hear more good news from u this Wed. Hv a good 1 day rest and Jiayou ya!

I m not too positive abt my BT result though coz no implantation symptoms at all. Hee.

@Marshmallow_BB yess... Im glad. Thank u babe.
Oh why? What happen? What are the implantation symptoms to look for?

Im sorry to hear tht.. *hugs* nevermind... Prepare ur body for the next one... Have faith... Stay strong! Jiayou... :)

Im sorry to hear tht.. *hugs* nevermind... Prepare ur body for the next one... Have faith... Stay strong! Jiayou... :)
dear all, i m going to do ivf. but i hv no idea at all. can anyone tell me more abt this
81838690 this is my num, i m ivy
Hi ivy.. Currently on ivf.. I b

Currently im at Day 4 of the first injection :)[/QUOTE

Hi @Cindy Cheong
Hihi, thanks for your advice :)

Hi @Cindy Cheong i googled alot and read blogs n forums for wat to eat n not to eat. So there are lots of thing here and ther but i go for mostly the common things. I ate lots of protein: egg whites, chicken. Then also salmon, and then supplements, is folic acid, fish oil. I munch on almonds. Then when i go bck for scanning...seems like my uterine lining abit thin- so i googled again to thicken my lining, and it seems tht red bean soup might help. Though i hate red bean, for this i try- im not sure which of the things i ate help the most but i did all. And i just did my EGg retireval just now. So i hope for the best for u!

Hi ivy.. Currently on ivf.. I b

Hi, thanks for the advice... Can I ask you on which day after your self injection you had your egg retrieval done & izzit on the same day your hubby had his sperms collected?

@Marshmallow_BB yess... Im glad. Thank u babe.
Oh why? What happen? What are the implantation symptoms to look for?

@Fafy Oh, the implantation will usually happen 5 to 7 days after ET for a 2 days egg transfer. The symptoms of a successful implantation are swollen/tender breasts, some gers will hv light spotting, pulling feeling in tummy area etc.

@Fafy Oh, the implantation will usually happen 5 to 7 days after ET for a 2 days egg transfer. The symptoms of a successful implantation are swollen/tender breasts, some gers will hv light spotting, pulling feeling in tummy area etc.
Oohh. But maybe ur symptoms are different. Maybe no symptoms for u :) dont worry keep it positive. Pray tht ur emby will stick *hugs*

Hi, thanks for the advice... Can I ask you on which day after your self injection you had your egg retrieval done & izzit on the same day your hubby had his sperms collected?
Hmm i start my injection on 20march till 2april.
I thnk its base on the individual body egg growth
Then my ER is on the 4th. The sperm given on the same day itself at the clinic.

I read in a previous post that we need to pay for the pre-Ivf briefing at kkh, is it true? Previously I did IUI as a prerequisite to start off at kkhivf centre cycle and strike first time so didn't proceed with ivf. I was subsidized but once under ivf centre everything is private rate. Didn't fork out any cash as I use medisave to deduct. Bill was less than $2k.

I believe for me it's pure luck as I didn't eat anything to prepare my body at all, only exercise and eat healthier as I was trying to lose weight. I did not do any research on the procedures as well and just blur blur follow instructions. Our problems were pcos for me and low sperm count for husband. Success rate for IUI was only 5-20% and I had only 1 egg growing despite the daily injections, all is gone I thought. 'That' egg is 18 months old now. Since then I have learn to take it easy, the more I hoped for, the more disappoint I will feel. I hope I will proceed on my second quest with this mindset.

Now husband sperm count is even lower and I guess ivf is the only way out. Previously I had mentally prepared for a long battle maybe in the next 10 years as I have heard much stories about multiple failed ivf cycles. I won't be so lucky this time as I have used all my luck in my first IUI. I really admire fellow members who are so courageous and persistent. I also feel ashamed that I did not spend as much effort as you all.

Wish everyone all the best and never give up.

Last edited:
I read in a previous post that we need to pay for the pre-Ivf briefing at kkh, is it true? Previously I did IUI as a prerequisite to start off at kkhivf centre cycle and strike first time so didn't proceed with ivf. I was subsidized but once under ivf centre everything is private rate. Didn't fork out any cash as I use medisave to deduct. Bill was less than $2k.

I believe for me it's pure luck as I didn't eat anything to prepare my body at all, only exercise and eat healthier as I was trying to lose weight. I did not do any research on the procedures as well and just blur blur follow instructions. Our problems were pcos for me and low sperm count for husband. Success rate for IUI was only 5-20% and I had only 1 egg growing despite the daily injections, all is gone I thought. 'That' egg is 18 months old now. Since then I have learn to take it easy, the more I hoped for, the more disappoint I will feel. I hope I will proceed on my second quest with this mindset.

Now husband sperm count is even lower and I guess ivf is the only way out. Previously I had mentally prepared for a long battle maybe in the next 10 years as I have heard much stories about multiple failed ivf cycles. I won't be so lucky this time as I have used all my luck in my first IUI. I really admire fellow members who are so courageous and persistent. I also feel ashamed that I did not spend as much effort as you all.

Wish everyone all the best and never give up.

Hihi, yes we hv to pay for the pre IVF briefing. Good luck to u in yr upcoming IVF journey. Maybe u might strike jackpot again on yr 1st try. Hehe. Jiayou ok!!

@Marshmallow_BB Not good news :(( all my five eggs never join with the sperm. Im so sad. Doc say the sperm quality. Now they schedule me for 2nd session in july....
U have any tips for improving the sprm quality...

@Fafy sorry I don't get u. Err, U hv 6 eggs retrieved right so did Dr Sadhana manage to transfer 1 egg tdy as u mentioned 5 eggs din make it?

@Fafy sorry I don't get u. Err, U hv 6 eggs retrieved right so did Dr Sadhana manage to transfer 1 egg tdy as u mentioned 5 eggs din make it?
@Marshmallow_BB No not at all.... 5 of it mature and injected the sperm to see if its fertilised. She said that usually the sperm will join together to the egg and then fertilised. But the sperm didnt even join to the egg. So unable to proceed. :(

Back