IVF advice urgently needed

faithnhope21

Hi all,

I need some advice here. I underwent 2 rounds of ivf egg retrieval and in total, I obtained 8 blastocysts (Day 5/6) and grading as follows:

3 x 4AB
1 x 4BA
1 x 4BB
1 x 5AC
2 x 5BB

I was advised to go for a third round of egg retrieval to bank more embryos. I am not young (40 years old), that's why they are worried about the quality of my blasts.

With the grading, can anyone advise me which is better?

1) transfer
2) retrieve more
3) do pgs, but may eliminate 2/3 of existing 8.

Need your advice urgently.

Thanks!

Have you done any transfer at all? If you have not, then I'd suggest to do the transfer instead of retrieving more. I would not do PGS if this is the first time transferring.

Hi the_spinsterella,
Thanks for your reply. I have not done any transfer yet. I am actually more keen to try to transfer too. Do you think it is better to transfer one or two?

hi faith... just wanted to ask if the retrieval process is painful? or is it bearable kind of pain? anyways, good luck in TTC !

Hi all,

I need some advice here. I underwent 2 rounds of ivf egg retrieval and in total, I obtained 8 blastocysts (Day 5/6) and grading as follows:

3 x 4AB
1 x 4BA
1 x 4BB
1 x 5AC
2 x 5BB

I was advised to go for a third round of egg retrieval to bank more embryos. I am not young (40 years old), that's why they are worried about the quality of my blasts.

With the grading, can anyone advise me which is better?

1) transfer
2) retrieve more
3) do pgs, but may eliminate 2/3 of existing 8.

Need your advice urgently.

Thanks!
Hi, i saw this in the internet but i dont know how your clinic grade them.... maybe should ask the embryologist whe they talk to u... cos usually embryologist will explain ur embryos progress and should ask them..

http://www.inviafertility.com/blog/blog/ivf/azzurrifan/fifth-vs-sixth-day-blastocyst-grading/

Hi the_spinsterella,
Thanks for your reply. I have not done any transfer yet. I am actually more keen to try to transfer too. Do you think it is better to transfer one or two?

If you don't mind getting twins then transfer 2. But recently there were aritlces saying that transferring 1 has better chances. I would suggest you speak to your dr.

hi faith... just wanted to ask if the retrieval process is painful? or is it bearable kind of pain? anyways, good luck in TTC !

You will be either sedated or under GA so you won't feel anything. Expect a bit of cramping after and maybe for some for a couple of days. But it's bearable.

If you don't mind getting twins then transfer 2. But recently there were aritlces saying that transferring 1 has better chances. I would suggest you speak to your dr.

While we do not mind twins, we know singleton will likely be more viable. My only concern is - what happens if both implant, but only one managed to survive? What will happen to the non-surviving implanted blast, assuming that it has developed for a period of time?

hi mummies, i have just done my embroy transfer yesterday , is there anything i ( like VIT ) i should take to ensure of its implantation and its growth ? adice please. thank you. Just nervous

Back