IVF 40ish support group

Hello all

anyone has any feedback for ivf and taking COVID vaccination? Appreciate advise, feedback and review. Thank you!

Hello all

anyone has any feedback for ivf and taking COVID vaccination? Appreciate advise, feedback and review. Thank you!

I asked two fertility doctors and both say to take it before getting pregnant so that there is protection during pregnancy (as you may have lower immunity during pregnancy and obviously want to avoid covid complications). I think the conservative ones will say don’t take and wait because then no new factor will be introduced. Recommendation in Singapore generally is to wait a month after second shot to try to conceive (there are some US fertility centers who say 3 days(?)). Best is to ask your doctor and discuss with your husband. My husband and I deliberated for a while and decided to get vaccinated before starting the next cycle.

Last edited:
Hi, I had my first cycle of IVF cancelled as the doctor retrieved no eggs. I just had my egg retrieval for my second cycle and this time round they managed to get 20 eggs. However I am having mild OHSS. I am quite worried if I can proceed with the embryo transfer.
Wow! Is there anything different you did before this cycle? My last cycle was cancelled cos we got only 2 eggs which did not make it.

Hello all

My next cycle is in June. I decided not to be vaccinated for the time being. Was advised by fertility doctor/TCM practitioner not to take it for the time being. Counter check with your doctor about your concerns in this case.

for the time being. Was advised by fertility doctor/TCM practitioner not to take it for the time being. Counter check with your doctor about your concerns in this case.​
[/QUOTE]
Better check with your doc. My ivf cycle is in July so nurse suggested not to take vaccine now.
thank you for sharing

I asked two fertility doctors and both say to take it before getting pregnant so that there is protection during pregnancy (as you may have slower immunity during pregnancy and obviously want to avoid covid complications). I think the conservative ones will say don’t take and wait because then no new factor will be introduced. Recommendation in Singapore generally is to wait a month after second shot to try to conceive (there are some US fertility centers who say 3 days(?)). Best is to ask your doctor and discuss with your husband. My husband and I deliberated for a while and decided to get vaccinated before starting the next cycle.
Ya... I’m also in a dilemma... cos there’s no cases of ppl having vaccinated and gotten pregnant or if there’s any impact on fertility. So worried and age is against me too...

Ya... I’m also in a dilemma... cos there’s no cases of ppl having vaccinated and gotten pregnant or if there’s any impact on fertility. So worried and age is against me too...
Actually during the clinical trials there were women who got vaccinated and got pregnant. If they approve the vaccine for teenagers... i think that means they don’t see evidence of adverse effects on fertility? I think the difficulty is being able to get the vaccine whenever you want... I don’t know if I wait whether it’ll be 8 weeks apart for the doses or if the vaccine will be Sinovac (which is a different technology from mRNA).

Hello all

I just got vaccinated for first dose today after failing my FET last week. Initially before doing this FET I thought not to take the vaccine first. But now my thinking changed as i still have to wait for my doc review after failed FET which will happen only end June so meanwhile while waiting I might as well go ahead and get myself protected first.

I know age is a concern for me but I believe my doc will also encourage me to take first. To protect yourself first and if you are pregnant later you won’t be so worried of catching this virus which will affect the baby which I won’t want that to happen so that’s my train of thoughts.

I just got vaccinated for first dose today after failing my FET last week. Initially before doing this FET I thought not to take the vaccine first. But now my thinking changed as i still have to wait for my doc review after failed FET which will happen only end June so meanwhile while waiting I might as well go ahead and get myself protected first.

I know age is a concern for me but I believe my doc will also encourage me to take first. To protect yourself first and if you are pregnant later you won’t be so worried of catching this virus which will affect the baby which I won’t want that to happen so that’s my train of thoughts.
Sincerely appreciate your sharing and advise

Wow! Is there anything different you did before this cycle? My last cycle was cancelled cos we got only 2 eggs which did not make it.
Dr changed one of my medicine to menopur.
I also increased my Coezyme Q10 to 600mg and taking Tru Niagen.
Coezyme Q10 and tru niagen are said to improve egg quality.

Perhaps you can check with the Dr if you can take the supplements and if he can change your injection medicine.
Ive actually been taking 400mg ubiquinol for about 2 months. I will be doing 3rd round in about 3 weeks. Not sure if I shud take 600mg of coq10 ot ubiquinol now

Attachments

• EC63A436-048B-4575-BD85-16E071168127.jpeg
    EC63A436-048B-4575-BD85-16E071168127.jpeg
    548.5 KB · Views: 137
Hi everyone, I will like to join the ivf support group if it is still available. I am currently 41 and have failed 1 fresh and 1 frozen cycle. Thanks

Hi, may I know who should I ping to join the support group? I'm 40 this year, new to TTC. Went to see Dr THH yesterday and found out I have PCOS as well.

Regarding the covid vaccine question asked earlier, the advise by Dr THH is to proceed with the IVF protocol (I have taken first jab, 2nd jab in mid July) as according to the latest MOH data it is safe. However good to note is his advise prior to MOH's data was available, his advise is to wait 1 month after both vaccines are done. I'm going to wait for a month before starting the protocol for a peace of mind.

Hi, may I know who should I ping to join the support group? I'm 40 this year, new to TTC. Went to see Dr THH yesterday and found out I have PCOS as well.

Regarding the covid vaccine question asked earlier, the advise by Dr THH is to proceed with the IVF protocol (I have taken first jab, 2nd jab in mid July) as according to the latest MOH data it is safe. However good to note is his advise prior to MOH's data was available, his advise is to wait 1 month after both vaccines are done. I'm going to wait for a month before starting the protocol for a peace of mind.
Hello

hi rebby!

Hi, I'm 44 by dec. 1 failed IVF cycle. Too late/old for 2nd attempt?
If you are interested to try again, no harm trying as long as your blood test and husband’s sperm quality are ok. Perhaps can check with Dr what supplements to eat to improve the egg and sperm quality.

Hi, I'm 44 by dec. 1 failed IVF cycle. Too late/old for 2nd attempt?
Sorry to know about the failed attempt. It's not totally impossible to get pregnant at your age. My cousin's wife is about your age & she finally got pregnant at 45 year old. It's not easy at this age but if both of you are still healthy and your desire is to becm a Mom/giving the little one another sibling, try again & don't give up. jiayou!

Hi, I just gave birth to my 2mths old boy at 44 years old. I married late & miscarried at 42yrs (got naturally but heartbeat stopped at 7wks :(
Then I tcm with Tan KS@Clementi who I find is better in Male treatment..thereafter had IVF with THH (after he privatize) & went thrg 3 rounds of injections but only 1 egg extraction on 3rd cycle as poor egg growth/pre-mature ovulation in first two cycle - but poor embroy quality so no go for implantation. Then I took higher dosage of Coq10 & DHEA after reading book "Its Starts with the Eggs" by Rebecca Fett (download in googlebook).
I find especially DHEA helps as I took both suppplements (follow e book for dosage) for 2mths b4 tried naturally & succeed.
I have been taking pre-natal supplement & I also stopped all caffeine intake b4 my IVF but guess e high dosage of supplements make e difference.

Hi, I just gave birth to my 2mths old boy at 44 years old. I married late & miscarried at 42yrs (got naturally but heartbeat stopped at 7wks :(
Then I tcm with Tan KS@Clementi who I find is better in Male treatment..thereafter had IVF with THH (after he privatize) & went thrg 3 rounds of injections but only 1 egg extraction on 3rd cycle as poor egg growth/pre-mature ovulation in first two cycle - but poor embroy quality so no go for implantation. Then I took higher dosage of Coq10 & DHEA after reading book "Its Starts with the Eggs" by Rebecca Fett (download in googlebook).
I find especially DHEA helps as I took both suppplements (follow e book for dosage) for 2mths b4 tried naturally & succeed.
I have been taking pre-natal supplement & I also stopped all caffeine intake b4 my IVF but guess e high dosage of supplements make e difference.
Congratulations SooSoo02! what is your dosage like for the supplements? does the book really helps?

Hi all,

We will also be returning 100++ eggs to zhu sheng niang niang for blessing us with a healthy 3.895kg baby boy.

Please come down and take the eggs if you are free! Baby dust to all couple ttc! Have faith in the process.

Date: 24th July 2021 (Saturday)

Time: around 10am
Address: Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery 184 Jalan Toa Payoh S’319944)

Hi all,

We will also be returning 100++ eggs to zhu sheng niang niang for blessing us with a healthy 3.895kg baby boy.

Please come down and take the eggs if you are free! Baby dust to all couple ttc! Have faith in the process.

Date: 24th July 2021 (Saturday)

Time: around 10am
Address: Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery 184 Jalan Toa Payoh S’319944)
Congratulations !

Congratulations SooSoo02! what is your dosage like for the supplements? does the book really helps?
The book really helps as it detailed dosage & if the recommended supplements are unsuitable for certain group e.g.PCOS.
Its only S$11 if download from Google boik

Long story short, I am 46 and my husband is 45
We trying to conceive but to no avail so went to a fertility expert for advise, did some checks. My husband is ok but my egg level is very Low, the doc say no point going to ivf and wasting money and time. Is my case really hopeless or should I go and seek a second opinion?

We trying to conceive but to no avail so went to a fertility expert for advise, did some checks. My husband is ok but my egg level is very Low, the doc say no point going to ivf and wasting money and time. Is my case really hopeless or should I go and seek a second opinion?

I suggest 2nd opinion . Different docs have different views/ schools of tot

Seek 2nd or 3rd opinion before both of you decide. And so long as you're still ovulating, there's still tinge of hope. Meanwhile, build your low AMH through TCM & supplements that will aid in egg quality.

Hi everyone, Im newbie here and turning 40 next mth. I did 1st ivf last mth and result came back negative. Doc ask me to give my body a break for 3mths b4 i proceed to do 2nd cycle. The reason why its negative coz of the eggs quality which is not good. Dic gave me prescription to take Vitamin D3, Coq10 50mg and also Dhea. May i know if getting Dhea in kkh is better or shall i get it pharmacy outside? Someone ever purchase dhea from kkh? TIA

Hi I was prescribed DHEA by KK too. Better to buy from the hosp cos DHEA is not sold in pharmacys outside

Last edited:
Hi all, my twins (conceived thru IVF) turned one month old today. We will be returning 88 red eggs to the Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery (TPY) this afternoon. Hoping to bless and spread the baby dust to all!

Hi gals,

We will be returning red eggs later today (5 Aug) around 1pm at Shuang Lin Temple, Toa Payoh. Please feel free to collect it. Baby dust to all!

Back