IVF 40ish support group

How do you pass this tww? Everyone's telling me bedrest & Netflix but it makes me feel so lumpy & useless.
Haha.. I just continue life as usual & work occasionally. And try to nap more along the day whenever I’m tired.. yes I know how u feel that’s why just go with your heart. As long as no strenuous exercise I think should be ok.

I also don’t feel any particular implantation symptoms except constipation and sore breasts. So tempting to test HPT! Which day u start testing?

Haha.. I just continue life as usual & work occasionally. And try to nap more along the day whenever I’m tired.. yes I know how u feel that’s why just go with your heart. As long as no strenuous exercise I think should be ok.

I also don’t feel any particular implantation symptoms except constipation and sore breasts. So tempting to test HPT! Which day u start testing?
I'm grateful hubby finally allow me to go out for a while.
Should be day 5 ba. My friend says I'm too kiasu, test too early but now 9 days already still - ve. She waited for blood test for her 2nd successful attempt & mentioned anything else is too early.
Besides my fat bloated tummy & occasional pulling sensation, I have zero symtons. I had more symtons during ER period.

I'm grateful hubby finally allow me to go out for a while.
Should be day 5 ba. My friend says I'm too kiasu, test too early but now 9 days already still - ve. She waited for blood test for her 2nd successful attempt & mentioned anything else is too early.
Besides my fat bloated tummy & occasional pulling sensation, I have zero symtons. I had more symtons during ER period.
My pregnancy test is next Thursday. I am not planning to do any pregnancy test before blood test. I have some pulling sensation, tender breast and some backache. Other than that, I have no other symptoms.
Every time I poo in the toilet, I will worried if I had strained too much and if it will affect my embryo implantation. I checked with the clinic nurse and they said it shouldn’t affect.

My pregnancy test is next Thursday. I am not planning to do any pregnancy test before blood test. I have some pulling sensation, tender breast and some backache. Other than that, I have no other symptoms.
Every time I poo in the toilet, I will worried if I had strained too much and if it will affect my embryo implantation. I checked with the clinic nurse and they said it shouldn’t affect.
Mine's a day earlier on Wed.
Me too! I'll also be wondering if I'm sleeping on the wrong side. Hubby's not allowed to sling his arm over my tummy cos it's heavy. I know it's paranoia on my part

Hello ladies, anyone going for IVF cycle in Feb/March? Am turning 40 this year, failed my first cycle last yr and will be trying 2nd cycle soon. Anyone going for mini ivf?

Mine's a day earlier on Wed.
Me too! I'll also be wondering if I'm sleeping on the wrong side. Hubby's not allowed to sling his arm over my tummy cos it's heavy. I know it's paranoia on my part
All the best for your pregnancy test. Hopefully both of us will get a positive results.

Dear ladies, I started a new thread. Hope you all can contribute:

Hello ladies, anyone going for IVF cycle in Feb/March? Am turning 40 this year, failed my first cycle last yr and will be trying 2nd cycle soon. Anyone going for mini ivf?
My 1st cycle failed, going for 2nd attempt after seeing the doc. May I know what's the difference between mini, medicated etc?

Hi ladies,

Hope u all doing good. I started my injections from yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I had imagined. In fact it was nothing compared to the blood tests during which I always scream and cry :rolleyes:
Just wanted to know from u all what diet u followed during this period. Any food/drink which shud be avoided ?

Hi ladies,

Hope u all doing good. I started my injections from yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I had imagined. In fact it was nothing compared to the blood tests during which I always scream and cry :rolleyes:
Just wanted to know from u all what diet u followed during this period. Any food/drink which shud be avoided ?
Diet for ivf needs to start months before the stimulation cycle if you are looking to improve egg quality. For your current cycle, maybe increase protein intake and take food (e.g. red bean soup and pomegranate juice) that improves lining if you are going for a fresh transfer. Try to avoid cold drinks if possible :)

Hello everyone, I am getting 40 soon, hubby & I just decided we should go for ivf though we have married for 1 year plus and only started trying since last Sep. We went for all the necessary tests as advised by gynae and we both passed, but like my gynae always said time is not on our side. :(
Hence, I would like to find out is there any doctor/hospital that you ladies can recommend? Would anyone can add me to the whatsapp group chat if it has been created? Thank you!

Diet for ivf needs to start months before the stimulation cycle if you are looking to improve egg quality. For your current cycle, maybe increase protein intake and take food (e.g. red bean soup and pomegranate juice) that improves lining if you are going for a fresh transfer. Try to avoid cold drinks if possible :)
Thanks !!!

Hi Ladies,

I have Egg Retrieval procedure tomorrow morning. How's the experience after procedure? Do you wake up from anesthesia soon or it takes some time? Any advice to follow pre & post procedure?

Hi Ladies,

I have Egg Retrieval procedure tomorrow morning. How's the experience after procedure? Do you wake up from anesthesia soon or it takes some time? Any advice to follow pre & post procedure?
You will wait up soon after the procedure. My first retrieval does not cause any discomfort but my second retrieval cause tummy cramps. Just rest more after the procedure and drink lots of water. Look out for signs of OHSS and see a Dr if needed.

Hi all,

I am 39 and currently 8dp2dt (frozen - did ICSI 3 years ago). This is our 3rd transfer cycle; have 1 DS from the first cycle and an early mc with the second. Agree with all previous posters that the 2WW just kills... Tested today and it was a BFN, hoping it’s still too early. :(

Has there been a tele or WhatsApp chatgroup set up? Would love to join. Thanks and all the best to everyone on our journeys!!

Hi all,

I am 39 and currently 8dp2dt (frozen - did ICSI 3 years ago). This is our 3rd transfer cycle; have 1 DS from the first cycle and an early mc with the second. Agree with all previous posters that the 2WW just kills... Tested today and it was a BFN, hoping it’s still too early. :(

Has there been a tele or WhatsApp chatgroup set up? Would love to join. Thanks and all the best to everyone on our journeys!!
For your frozen embryo transfer (ET) did you do natural ET or medicated ET?
During my 2WW, I try not to think and never tested using any pregnancy kit. Although I am pregnant but it ends up as an ectopic pregnancy that burst. I am planning to go for forzen ET but I don’t know if I should take a short rest or rush into it. I still have one cycle with govt subsidy.
Btw, what does 8dp2dt and DS mean?

For your frozen embryo transfer (ET) did you do natural ET or medicated ET?
During my 2WW, I try not to think and never tested using any pregnancy kit. Although I am pregnant but it ends up as an ectopic pregnancy that burst. I am planning to go for forzen ET but I don’t know if I should take a short rest or rush into it. I still have one cycle with govt subsidy.
Btw, what does 8dp2dt and DS mean?

Hi! Medicated for me - Progynova and Utrogestan (progesterone) pessaries. Sorry to hear abt your ectopic pregnancy. What did your doc say abt doing back to back or resting? I did two frozen transfers back to back as my doc said it was ok. This cycle is not looking good though. Already 10 days past transfer and still negative. Not even a faint line. You’re right abt not testing but it’s hard not to test and Google obsessively.

8dp2dt = 8 days post a 2-day embryo transfer. :) Oh and DS = darling son; haha sorry using some lingo from other forums.

hi ladies,

I had fresh transfer yesterday. Anything which I should avoid? Read multiple articles saying to avoid hot water baths. Is that true?

Hi! Medicated for me - Progynova and Utrogestan (progesterone) pessaries. Sorry to hear abt your ectopic pregnancy. What did your doc say abt doing back to back or resting? I did two frozen transfers back to back as my doc said it was ok. This cycle is not looking good though. Already 10 days past transfer and still negative. Not even a faint line. You’re right abt not testing but it’s hard not to test and Google obsessively.

8dp2dt = 8 days post a 2-day embryo transfer. :) Oh and DS = darling son; haha sorry using some lingo from other forums.
NUH lab is going to renovate so after discussing with Dr, we decided to do FET before the reno.

Doctor told me to go for medicated FET as my veins are not easy. If I go for natural FET, hard for them to keep drawing blood.

Now on medicine to induce menses. Probably doing transfer early May.

NUH lab is going to renovate so after discussing with Dr, we decided to do FET before the reno.

Doctor told me to go for medicated FET as my veins are not easy. If I go for natural FET, hard for them to keep drawing blood.

Now on medicine to induce menses. Probably doing transfer early May.

Was taken aback about the sudden news of renovation. Only received news last wk. I am in same stage as u. Now on duphaston. Hopefully transfer can be done in nuh b4 I reach 40 else clinic say continue in sgh

Anybody want to share your diet? Starting my cycle and wondering what to eat or drink and whether I should still have my morning coffee..

Anybody want to share your diet? Starting my cycle and wondering what to eat or drink and whether I should still have my morning coffee..

Hi, I also asked somewhat same qn but didn't get an answer. Everyone body is different. The general answer should be to avoid cold food or drinks, take more fertility friendly food aka the usual fruits and vegetables. Take supplements as well. Some members encourage taking prenatal pills but I usually get side effects so I am like haven't conceive yet already KO liao. Lol but that is just me.

I drink black coffee every morning since young and is so difficult to not drink coffee. But I only drink half cup. I read some member say coffee is OK cos they also fall pregnant despite also drinking coffee. But I am not sure too.

Not sure if this helps but I had this from some bfp ladies. I personally only used this as a reference but did not really follow it for all my cycles. I stopped some and started on others for different cycles and some other treatments as well. All I can say is that they are good point of reference but there is no guarantee for success because different bodies will react different and especially if constitution is not good, not matter how well you eat last minute will not help.

Stimulation period :
Raspberry tea leaf
Egg
Avocado
Chicken Essence
Daily folic acid
Red date drink
Red bean soup
Broccoli
Brazil nuts
Electrolytes drink
Protein

Post retrieval :
Electrolytes drink
Protein

FET:
Broccoli
Cauliflower

Post transfer :
Avocado
Chicken Essence
Red bean soup
Brazil nuts
Durian
eggs

2WW:
eggs
Folic acid
Proteins
Salmon
Chicken Essence
Broccoli
Durian
Prenatal multivitamin

Another controversial issue on caffeine. No caffeine if possible, it's difficult to abstain from caffeine if you're a regular coffee/tea drinker ( you might want to consider decaf coffee; gradually cutting down will also prevent withdrawal headaches.) I checked with my doctor/tcm practioner & they are alright if you limit to a cup a day. But for me, i totally abstain from caffeine before any cycle as i do not want to jeopardize any fertility chances. hths.

Not sure if this helps but I had this from some bfp ladies. I personally only used this as a reference but did not really follow it for all my cycles. I stopped some and started on others for different cycles and some other treatments as well. All I can say is that they are good point of reference but there is no guarantee for success because different bodies will react different and especially if constitution is not good, not matter how well you eat last minute will not help.

Stimulation period :
Raspberry tea leaf
Egg
Avocado
Chicken Essence
Daily folic acid
Red date drink
Red bean soup
Broccoli
Brazil nuts
Electrolytes drink
Protein

Post retrieval :
Electrolytes drink
Protein

FET:
Broccoli
Cauliflower

Post transfer :
Avocado
Chicken Essence
Red bean soup
Brazil nuts
Durian
eggs

2WW:
eggs
Folic acid
Proteins
Salmon
Chicken Essence
Broccoli
Durian
Prenatal multivitamin

Ohhh good points of reference thanks!

Another controversial issue on caffeine. No caffeine if possible, it's difficult to abstain from caffeine if you're a regular coffee/tea drinker ( you might want to consider decaf coffee; gradually cutting down will also prevent withdrawal headaches.) I checked with my doctor/tcm practioner & they are alright if you limit to a cup a day. But for me, i totally abstain from caffeine before any cycle as i do not want to jeopardize any fertility chances. hths.
What I did is to mix coffee powder with decaff coffee powder and drank half a cup. Now I drink decaff coffee in the morning.

Need to take note that not only coffee and tea contains caffeine, chocolates, soft drinks, milo etc also contain caffeine.

Back