IVF 2019 support group

Hi all, after a failed IUI cycle and coupled with infection , I’ve decided not to try IUI anymore.

I’ve been given the “stop” sign from doctor for next 3 months to recuperate. Able to get some tips on how i can better prepare my body for IVF? Like what to eat . Tia!

Hi Sleepycloud, at my 6 week transvaginal scan, I could see gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole. Worried for 2 weeks but saw baby and heartbeat at the transabdominal 8 week scan, and all measurements were on track. Sometimes the baby just needs a little more time!

Hi Neko85, hopefully the baby is just abit slow. Even for the bloodtest, the first time was slightly under 250 but the baby caught up 2 days later during the retest.

Your bt is also on 6 nov?? Any symptoms so far?

Yes! My BT is on the 6 nov! Did you do a 5dt? Mine was 2 x 3dt. Been less than a week, I don’t feel much diff in my body except boobs tenderness and having to wake up in the middle of the night to pee which I never did in the past! How about you?

Yes! My BT is on the 6 nov! Did you do a 5dt? Mine was 2 x 3dt. Been less than a week, I don’t feel much diff in my body except boobs tenderness and having to wake up in the middle of the night to pee which I never did in the past! How about you?
Yup. I did 2 x 5dt... I’ve always wake up to pee in the night. Haha my boobs was sore but today a lot less sore.. my crinone gel discharge more yesterday and today, did you experience it too? Friday and today’s crinone gel discharge has tiny red dots when I wipe too.. I’m getting worried..

Yup. I did 2 x 5dt... I’ve always wake up to pee in the night. Haha my boobs was sore but today a lot less sore.. my crinone gel discharge more yesterday and today, did you experience it too? Friday and today’s crinone gel discharge has tiny red dots when I wipe too.. I’m getting worried..
Yes I do think crinonw gel has more discharge but I don’t see any red, could yours be implantation bleeding? Still seeing red dots?

Yes I do think crinonw gel has more discharge but I don’t see any red, could yours be implantation bleeding? Still seeing red dots?
Yea.. it’s more discharge yesterday and today. Today I saw red dots after I pee and wiped. Happened once this morning, throughout the day don’t have. Until this evening, my panty liner had 2 drops of brown discharge.. really no idea if I’m on the right or wrong track..

Yea.. it’s more discharge yesterday and today. Today I saw red dots after I pee and wiped. Happened once this morning, throughout the day don’t have. Until this evening, my panty liner had 2 drops of brown discharge.. really no idea if I’m on the right or wrong track..
It’s my first time doing this so I can’t advice you! But I think you seem fine, maybe just rest and relax more and observe? If really uncomfortable then call up KK for any advice on tuesday?

Hi all, after a failed IUI cycle and coupled with infection , I’ve decided not to try IUI anymore.

I’ve been given the “stop” sign from doctor for next 3 months to recuperate. Able to get some tips on how i can better prepare my body for IVF? Like what to eat . Tia!
Emmm. I think you can try accupuncture. I made ginger tea for my wife twice a week. She complained too heaty. Before you try any herb or TCM medicine, talk to your doct

I also had a failed iui and now on my first ivf cycle. Din do anything special for this cycle by definitely trying to reduce stress from work

I also had a failed iui and now on my first ivf cycle. Din do anything special for this cycle by definitely trying to reduce stress from work
We failed IUI 3 times. IUI success rate is quite low. We are one our first IVF cycle, first 2 blood tests shown positive, but doct said the first 12 weeks of IVF babies are not very stable. Need to be careful.

Good luck on your first cycle. Hope to hear good news from you. Stay positive. I think doing nothing special = doing a lot. When u put in too much efforts, it becomes stress.

Stay positive. Enjoy the long weekend.

We failed IUI 3 times. IUI success rate is quite low. We are one our first IVF cycle, first 2 blood tests shown positive, but doct said the first 12 weeks of IVF babies are not very stable. Need to be careful.

Good luck on your first cycle. Hope to hear good news from you. Stay positive. I think doing nothing special = doing a lot. When u put in too much efforts, it becomes stress.

Stay positive. Enjoy the long weekend.
Wow. One time ivf and succeeded? Which hospital and doc? CONGRATS!!

Dear ladies, do give some feedback on egg donation in Malaysia:

Egg donation in Malaysia costs just S$16,300 (RM50,000) all inclusive with IVF treatment !!!

S’poreans head to Malaysia, elsewhere to find egg donors

Singaporeans have travelled as far as the United States and Australia to find an egg donor to help them have a baby, but many have also gone to Malaysia, checks by The Straits Times showed. Ms Christine Gautaman, who runs Heart to ART, a firm in Selangor that matches couples to egg donors, told ST about 20 per cent of her clients are Singaporeans who require an egg donor, a surrogate mother, or both. For example, she has had Singaporean couples where the wives were in their 20s but suffered from premature ovarian failure. In such a case, the ovaries stop functioning normally before the age of 40, and the woman would require donor eggs to conceive. Her other Singaporean clients are often older, some in their 40s. She said Singaporeans prefer to use an anonymous egg donor as they have no ties to the donor and can raise the child as their own.
The cost of in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) using an egg donor is about RM50,000 (S$16,300). She said this covers the fees paid to the egg donor, the treatment to retrieve the donor’s eggs and the IVF procedure for the mother-to-be, which is performed in Malaysia.
Ms Gautaman did not say how much the donors are paid. She added that the egg donors at her agency are generally between the ages of 21 and 32, and many are degree holders. Some are even doctors, lawyers and accountants, she said. “These ladies are very well aware of the gift of life they are giving to their recipients and although they do receive some remuneration for their time and effort, they generally are doing this to help others,” said Ms Gautaman.
From January next year, women aged 45 and older will be allowed to undergo IVF here. Doctors cheered the move but they pointed out that many of these older women would need donor eggs to conceive even if they are allowed to undergo IVF here.
Dr Sadhana Nadarajah, senior consultant of the reproductive medicine department at the KK Women’s
and Children’s Hospital, explained that women in their late 40s and 50s will have to use donor eggs to
get pregnant. For women in that age group, if they are not menopausal, most of their eggs may be genetically abnormal by then, and it will be challenging to conceive using their own eggs, she said.
However, there are some women in their 20s who suffer from premature menopause and will also need
donor eggs to conceive. Doctors say egg donors in Singapore are uncommon due to the tedious procedures involved, the fact that they cannot be paid and that people are just uncomfortable with the idea as the child would be biologically related
to them.
None of the five women The Straits Times approached who used egg donors was willing to be interviewed.

Anyone experience ectopic pregnancy from ivf? Hcg has been low at the beginning after the 2ww, continue to be low for 1 week, next 2 weeks hcg rises...now wondering what is the outcome and what to expect

hi everyone, i'm new here, have been reading through some of the post though. first IVF at 40yo, after trying to conceive for 2 years plus. Waiting is quite a scary experience, just had eggs retrieved last Sat, tomorrow is Day5, can't stop thinking.. o_O

Baby dust to all!

I just had some sharp pain and then noticed some spotting! Feeling faint. :( I’m supposed to do the hcg trigger shot later at night. Now I’m a little worried. Did one of the follicles burst and release the egg?

Anyone had this experience before?

Last edited:
hi everyone, i'm new here, have been reading through some of the post though. first IVF at 40yo, after trying to conceive for 2 years plus. Waiting is quite a scary experience, just had eggs retrieved last Sat, tomorrow is Day5, can't stop thinking.. o_O

Baby dust to all!
Yes. I agree. I think that 5 day wait is more painful than the 2 weeks for the pregnancy test. But I told my wife that there is nothing she can control now. So worry also no use. Try to talk to someone. Distract yourself. Watch comedy.

I just had some sharp pain and then noticed some spotting! Feeling faint. :( I’m supposed to do the hcg trigger shot later at night. Now I’m a little worried. Did one of the follicles burst and release the egg?

Anyone had this experience before?
You have the same concern as my wife. Hah!
I believe your doct has prescribed cetrotide? That jab prevents follicles to release the eggs until 36 hours after the trigger. So, no worry. Stay positive, watch comedy. Mr Bean is quite nice.

Good luck on your egg retrieval on Friday!

Just curious are all doctors doing retrieval on Friday? Haha

You have the same concern as my wife. Hah!
I believe your doct has prescribed cetrotide? That jab prevents follicles to release the eggs until 36 hours after the trigger. So, no worry. Stay positive, watch comedy. Mr Bean is quite nice.

Good luck on your egg retrieval on Friday!

Just curious are all doctors doing retrieval on Friday? Haha

Don’t think it’s the same protocol.
Is your wife doing ER on Friday too?

Yes. I agree. I think that 5 day wait is more painful than the 2 weeks for the pregnancy test. But I told my wife that there is nothing she can control now. So worry also no use. Try to talk to someone. Distract yourself. Watch comedy.

Yes, true that nothing much can be done. Thank you =)

Hi, does anyone know if jogging and eating chocolates will prevent embryo implantation during ivf? I continued with my light jogging and ate chocolates during my 2ww for ivf and my husband blamed the failed result on my exercising and consumption of caffeine. But I thought that implantation failure is due to embryo quality and these external factors have nothing to do with it, esp since my exercise is not intensive.

Hi, does anyone know if jogging and eating chocolates will prevent embryo implantation during ivf? I continued with my light jogging and ate chocolates during my 2ww for ivf and my husband blamed the failed result on my exercising and consumption of caffeine. But I thought that implantation failure is due to embryo quality and these external factors have nothing to do with it, esp since my exercise is not intensive.
Hi, i believe chocolate won't affect but not too sure about exercising. I have restrained myself from walking too much, squating and doing housework after the ET. Although researchs say that can resume normal activities after ET, but I wouldn't risk it. It is also embryo itself that might be detective that failed to implant. Many factors. Bu things that are within your control: try to be positive and rest more during the 2ww.

Emmm. There are probably hundreds or thousands of reasons why implant fail. Some of them, the scientists might not even aware. If these are restrictions, your doctor would have probably told you already.

Before you resort to IVF, you probably failed hundred times. So, why bother about this failure. Like our doct says, the most important thing is keep trying.

Personal opinion, I think chocolate is perfectly fine, it makes you happy! The most important thing during the 2ww.

Be positive! Be happy and good luck for your next cycle.

Thanks for your advice. My husband seems to blame me for the failed ivf cycle for exercising and consumption of caffeine (chocolates). He joked that if he has more than one wife, he would have had a child already. I'm not feeling too good about that comment as it implied the issue lies with me, when his DFI has been shown to be 61%, way above the max limit of 30% and which also plays a major part in defective embryos and implantation failure.

Thanks for your advice. My husband seems to blame me for the failed ivf cycle for exercising and consumption of caffeine (chocolates). He joked that if he has more than one wife, he would have had a child already. I'm not feeling too good about that comment as it implied the issue lies with me, when his DFI has been shown to be 61%, way above the max limit of 30% and which also plays a major part in defective embryos and implantation failure.
How could your husband say such things. As a wife, we have been through so much, ivf itself is already a difficult journey. Anyway it's not the time to be self blaming or pin pointing who's at fault. This is just the first failure. Look forward and arrange for the 2nd FET (hopefully u have frozen leftovers)

Hugs! Sending you lots of love and support here!

Hugs babe! Maybe he is just as disappointed but his mouth is faster than his brains. Indeed, there are 1001 reasons why an IVF cycle will fail which no one can answer. It's true that the most impt during 2ww is to stay positive and be happy. I ate KFC, processed food, some junk food etc but I'm happy and relax as I binged watch on Korean Romance comedy! But I was also a couch-potato most of the time as my TCM did advised me to rest more as she felt that my pulse was weak and my body feels cold.

Don't look back on the failed cycle already. And I think it's also important that you share with your hubby your feelings as well before you embark on the next cycle coz it's impt to have the support of the hubby in this challenging journey, and that also means if he has nothing better to say, his slient support is good enough. Take care and all the best.

Hugs.. i don't think he mean it, but it will be good to share with him how you feel, so that he can be more sensitive towards what's a joke and what's not funny. There are really too many reasons for failed ivf even doctors can't tell you exactly why. Please don't blame yourself and look forward to the next try. Wishing you baby dust!

Maybe like what milogal88 said, his mouth was faster than his brain. Well, I would say we, the men, are not good at expressing our feelings. I think he doesn't mean to hurt you. He was probably just as upset but express it the wrong way.

And yup, no point looking back. Prep yourself for the next cycle. Before that, it is probably a good idea to have a heart to heart talk with your husband. Otherwise, this thing will affect your emotion and definitely not good for implantation.

Good luck!

What is too much pain after egg retrieval? Aching on both sides now. Backache too. Feeling light headed too. Bloatedness on and off. Are these symptoms of mild OHSS?

What is too much pain after egg retrieval? Aching on both sides now. Backache too. Feeling light headed too. Bloatedness on and off. Are these symptoms of mild OHSS?
After i did my retrieval, my movements were slow, i went out the next day thinking im gonna be alright but was totally wrong. By the end of the day, every step i took hurts so much and i couldnt stand straight. Whenever our car went past roads with minor bumps, it hurtssss! Even going to pee hurts. I cant sit properly on the bowl. Super bloated as looking like 5mths preggy.
I then realised i might have ohss to some extend and started loading on isotonic drinks.

After i did my retrieval, my movements were slow, i went out the next day thinking im gonna be alright but was totally wrong. By the end of the day, every step i took hurts so much and i couldnt stand straight. Whenever our car went past roads with minor bumps, it hurtssss! Even going to pee hurts. I cant sit properly on the bowl. Super bloated as looking like 5mths preggy.
I then realised i might have ohss to some extend and started loading on isotonic drinks.

Omg! That was me on Friday, the day of ER! ER in the morning n late afternoon I thought I was good to head out to the mall for dinner n window shopping. Every step I took was super painful n I can barely eat.

Only started taking Isotonic drinks from Saturday. But the aches only came in on Sunday. Today it got worse. It felt that I pulled some muscles or sth.

Omg! That was me on Friday, the day of ER! ER in the morning n late afternoon I thought I was good to head out to the mall for dinner n window shopping. Every step I took was super painful n I can barely eat.

Only started taking Isotonic drinks from Saturday. But the aches only came in on Sunday. Today it got worse. It felt that I pulled some muscles or sth.
For me, after starting on the isotonic drinks, i gradually felt better. I drank at least 2L of pocari sweat everyday till ET.

For me, after starting on the isotonic drinks, i gradually felt better. I drank at least 2L of pocari sweat everyday till ET.
I had my ER today at kkh. Retrieved 14 eggs. Post ER after the sedation wears off is bad. Cramps and bloatedness and is in bed the whole afternoon almost. Besides 100+, nurses advised 2 egg white a day. So anyway 100+ really helps to reduce the cramps? I have not yet try that.

I had my ER today at kkh. Retrieved 14 eggs. Post ER after the sedation wears off is bad. Cramps and bloatedness and is in bed the whole afternoon almost. Besides 100+, nurses advised 2 egg white a day. So anyway 100+ really helps to reduce the cramps? I have not yet try that.

When I called the clinic and told them about the pain, the first question they ask me was “did you drink isotonic drink?”

After the call, I finished my bottle of coconut water. I can’t take isotonic drinks. I read that coconut water is an excellent electrolyte too.

It really does help with the bloatedness. But the aches... I’m just gonna bear with it.

When I called the clinic and told them about the pain, the first question they ask me was “did you drink isotonic drink?”

After the call, I finished my bottle of coconut water. I can’t take isotonic drinks. I read that coconut water is an excellent electrolyte too.

It really does help with the bloatedness. But the aches... I’m just gonna bear with it.
Thank u Jkayla for your inputs. I'm starting to drink the isotonic now. Hopefully it helps.

sorry to ride on this thread but baby dusts to all.

I have the following balance medication to sell.

Hoping to cover some costs although minimal.

1) 5 vials of Proluton expiry 08-2022
2) 4 packs of Duphaston expiry 01-2023

**update: all sold

Last edited:
Thank u Jkayla for your inputs. I'm starting to drink the isotonic now. Hopefully it helps.

U may want to get the no sugar version so that you don’t end up consuming useless calories and maybe also the non-carbonated ones. The gas in the drink made me feel more bloated.

Hope you are feeling better today.

Anyone started injections only on 3rd day of AF? My AF started today with light flow. Nurse ask me to call back when heavy flow then injections will be next day of the heavy flow.
Worried that it will start too late since I have low egg reserve :|

Back