IVF 2019 support group

I got 4 blast when my 2 failed cycles only able to have 2 embryos survive each cycle day2/3 which transfer on me.

On my 2nd cycle i also diligently on chinese medicine and accupuncture in AMK Dr Zou, but unfortunately didnt work for me. But maybe have different effect from other people.

So far i have no side effect on the coq10 ubiquinol, i just try the best i can with all this supplements, I bought it in iherb. Also take pre-natal vitamins...

Give minimum 3months before start a new cycle.

View attachment 714398
Wats the quality of the blast ?

Im thinking of gg to see her too but heard its long wait.

Ok will try from iherbs

So
I like your thought process. I have low ovarian reserve as well and I did a fresh transfer with a D5 embryo. It is true that once you do an ET no human intervention will occur.

Unfortunately I ended up with a silent miscarriage last week. At 9 weeks my baby’s heartbeat was gone. It was bitter but it’s something that no one can predict because my hormones were rising consistently until my last blood test it came tumbling down overnight.

During an IVF journey you need to trust your gynae and the team that they are doing their best and giving you their best advice. Most of it is up to fate.

Jiayou.
So sorry to hear about your ordeal... Warm thoughts and hugs to you xxx

Wats the quality of the blast ?

Im thinking of gg to see her too but heard its long wait.

Ok will try from iherbs
Yup long queue if you walk-in and really can spend hours waiting. But once u see dr Zou already u can plan your schedule already. Cos they prioritize those with appointments.

My embryos are good and average, but im already greatful having them to reach blast stage, which never happened to my last 2 cycles..

Good luck and baby dust to us TTC..

Yup long queue if you walk-in and really can spend hours waiting. But once u see dr Zou already u can plan your schedule already. Cos they prioritize those with appointments.

My embryos are good and average, but im already greatful having them to reach blast stage, which never happened to my last 2 cycles..

Good luck and baby dust to us TTC..
Thank you. When r u transferring?

I went to dr xu yest, nice lady so accunpunture and to see her every week.

Which ivf doc r u with ?

Thank you. When r u transferring?

I went to dr xu yest, nice lady so accunpunture and to see her every week.

Which ivf doc r u with ?
Im doing my transfer this friday.. im under Dr Tan HH.

I think not going any accupuncture this time! My hubby didnt believed already... hahah he doesnt want to bring me to any tcm even if i ask..

Anyone’s IVF cycle happening in Oct? I’ve started STIMS after a failed SO-IUI at KKH. Going for US on Monday to see if I’m ready for egg retrieval. I hope I have tonnes of good eggs forming in there - STIMS cramps and nausea have been unbearable.

Hello
I like to clarify something. in Aug 2019, there is news released of some changes to ivf treatment on older age women.

effective 01Jan 2020:

Women aged 40 and above will be eligible for co-funding for up to two of the six co-funded ART cycles.

• This is as long as the couple had attempted assisted reproduction (AR) or Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) procedures before age 40, and are assessed medically fit by their doctor to carry a pregnancy to term.

How is this new initiative improved from the current one? I thought now there are 6 ART cycles for women who start a cycle before 40. Does it mean, the current initiative only allows all the 6 cycles to be completed before age 40 to be eligible for co-fund? So now the new initiative is better as it allows two ART to be carried out after 40?

what if say, a woman has used co-funding on two fresh cycles before 40. At 40, she went a third fresh cycle with private before 01Jan 2020. On 01 Jan, is she still eligible for co-fund for another two ART - Fresh cycles with Govt hospital ? I don’t think so right since it Will be counted as fourth and fifth fresh cycle ?

I know the news lack details but Perhaps those who are embarking on the ivf journey now may have some answers from the Govt Hospitals on this.
Thanks in advance.

Hi can I ask if anyone booked under KKH Dr Tan HH for Nov cycle? I heard that he's leaving and when we called to enquire they told us that they have assigned us another doctor. Just wondering if anyone in the same situation as us.

Anyone’s IVF cycle happening in Oct? I’ve started STIMS after a failed SO-IUI at KKH. Going for US on Monday to see if I’m ready for egg retrieval. I hope I have tonnes of good eggs forming in there - STIMS cramps and nausea have been unbearable.
I’m taking my jabs now too! At kkh, Dr THH. How many follicles you have now?

Hi can I ask if anyone booked under KKH Dr Tan HH for Nov cycle? I heard that he's leaving and when we called to enquire they told us that they have assigned us another doctor. Just wondering if anyone in the same situation as us.
Yes. A lot of people is affected. He’s leaving on 31st oct.

Wait what? I’m with him now. Was just told that he’ll be overseas for awhile end-Oct.

I’m taking my jabs now too! At kkh, Dr THH. How many follicles you have now?

I did my egg retrieval on Tuesday and we ended up with six fertilised eggs - now praying for a good outcome for 5dt. How many follicles you at? How many days of stims has it been?

Nope. I’ve started my second fresh last week. Now jabbing. Will be able to complete my transfer within this month
Good luck with your transfer! :)
He's confirmed leaving end of this month right. Cos we are thinking of switching to another doctor if Dr Tan is not doing the procedure for us. And to do that we need to call and book appointment with the new doctor asap.

Thank you! I don’t know leh. I saw him today, but I hadn’t heard yet so I didn’t ask. Maybe I’ll ask him on Tuesday. You gonna book a new doc at KKH too?
He's confirmed leaving end of this month right. Cos we are thinking of switching to another doctor if Dr Tan is not doing the procedure for us. And to do that we need to call and book appointment with the new doctor asap.

I did my egg retrieval on Tuesday and we ended up with six fertilised eggs - now praying for a good outcome for 5dt. How many follicles you at? How many days of stims has it been?
Hey! How many did you managed to retrieve? Thh told you that your trf will be a day 5 embryos? I’m still doing my jabs. Maybe retrieval will be next week

You can try Jessie Phoon or sadhana... a lot of other ladies are seeing them in kkh

Thank you! I don’t know leh. I saw him today, but I hadn’t heard yet so I didn’t ask. Maybe I’ll ask him on Tuesday. You gonna book a new doc at KKH too?
Yup still doing with KKH. Let me know if there is a chance that he is still around in November.

Dear Ladies,

I would like to seek your advice on which option I should take for egg donation.

These are my 4 options:

1) My doctor actually recommended me to look for my relatives as potential donors. I have a younger female cousin whom I am very close to, and I can certainly ask her. However, I am reluctant to do so, because I am afraid that the future child may learn about the secret of his or her conception. You know that sometimes it is difficult to keep secrets among relatives. Family secrets easily spill out after some time.

2) The doctor told me that the government has recently allowed import of frozen donor eggs from a European egg bank. But upon searching their catalog, there were no Asian donors, only Caucasian ones. I am not comfortable with a Caucasian egg donor, as a Eurasian child will stick out like a sore thumb for a Chinese couple.

3) The nurse at the clinic discreetly hinted that I can secretly use a foreign egg donor agency, to arrange for an egg donor to travel to Singapore. But payment has to be kept absolutely secret because this is actually illegal in Singapore. However, the nurse hinted that the doctor and clinic will 'close one eye' and pretend not to know anything, even if they suspect that I am illegally using a paid egg donor from a foreign agency.

4) Then, there is also the option of going to Malaysia or Thailand for egg donation.

Wondering which route would you recommend? I am still thinking hard and considering all options.

Hi all~ am new here n seeing dr tan heng hao also for ivf, last thurs appt got to know that he is leaving as well.. We took blood tests n pending results then waiting for briefing date.. May I know how long usually have to wait for the briefing, to the injections etc after the blood tests

I am 44. 1st IVF cycle. Got 2 day 5 blastsocyst. 5BB and 5BA. Both frozen for transfer Should I transfer now (1or 2?) or do another cycle to embryo bank? Views welcomed thanks
Good news for you to have 2 day 5 blast! If you’re open to having twins then trf 2? But if you wanna play safe then maybe 1. But you should ask doc’s advise and also discuss with your hub... in the end of the day must be happy with whatever decision you make :) all the best babe!

I am 44. 1st IVF cycle. Got 2 day 5 blastsocyst. 5BB and 5BA. Both frozen for transfer Should I transfer now (1or 2?) or do another cycle to embryo bank? Views welcomed thanks

Hey there! How has your IVF journey been so far? Stims, retrieval etc... And like LLJ said, what has your doc recommended?

Last edited:
Doc has recommended put 2. If they are any good , they will stick. I was worried if one was not good or miscarry or have to abort mid way, the good one maybe affected. He seemed confident will be able to manage the development of good one.

IVF journey so far has been so much much more than I expected - both physically and emotionally. I started with 12 follicles, 8 eggs from there , of which 6 fertilised, and 4 made day 3. It’s a daily decline till only the strongest 2 made it to day 5 blast.

I see. If he’s confident that at least one will stick, trust in him and go with it?

Hi anyone doing IVF in 2019 ?
Thought we could form a support group during this scary time!

hi all ... I am going to meet the MP in regards to the increment of CPF deduction for IVF.
And I am going to ask if anyone is keen. I wish to get at least 200 names supporters ...

anyone who is keen can send me your name and the last 3 digit of your NRIC, and email

Did ET today. 7 eggs retrieved. 5 fertilised but only 4 survived to D5. Out of which 2 are in early blastocyst. Dr recommend to transfer 2 as chance may not be high. so dissapointing. Any positive story to share?

Did ET today. 7 eggs retrieved. 5 fertilised but only 4 survived to D5. Out of which 2 are in early blastocyst. Dr recommend to transfer 2 as chance may not be high. so dissapointing. Any positive story to share?
You’re at kkh? I was there this morning! You have 4 that survived till day 5, why isn’t the chance high?

I also transferred 2...But mine was a Day 2 grade 4 embryo...I was under THH..I succeeded with a singleton...I'm 22 weeks pregnant... Just trust your Dr...They know the best..

I also transferred 2...But mine was a Day 2 grade 4 embryo...I was under THH..I succeeded with a singleton...I'm 22 weeks pregnant... Just trust your Dr...They know the best..
Congrats babe!!! Lucky you!!! Yup. Same thoughts. Must trust doctor. I was suppose to trf today at day 3 but ask him for advise if I should wait for day 5. Then he recommended to wait for day 5. Hubs and I just have to trust dr’s experience

Hi everyone! I’m really new to this and just started my fresh cycle et yesterday too! Anyone is with Dr Khong from KKH? He suggested to put 2 grade 4 day 3 embryo (6 cell). So many terms I’m unfamiliar with like 2ww etc, can anyone share what it means? He’s scheduled my blood test really late, like 17dpt.. isit normal? :)

Came across this forum and came to know Dr THH is leaving. I wasn't informed at all. I am under him and seeing him for my 1st scanning after confirming.
I am actually 5 weeks 6 days now. Cant believe I am pregnant, everything was so surreal!
After going through 1st failed med FET, this is my 2nd (2 blastocysts). I had no major symptoms throughout my 1st and 2nd FET (except for the slight bloatedness and boobs and weight gain) Hence i was so convinced that my 2nd FET wasn't going to work...But hey, im pregnant!!!
However, I am actually very worried and nervous right now, trying to symptom spot very now and then. Just 2 days ago I noticed very faint spotting in my discharge 1x a day. Was quite paranoid and called kkivf, the nurse wasn't really helpful and told me to have to bed rest and if go to urgent o&g if situation becomes worse. Previously my hcg beta test results from kkivf came back to more than 1000. Hence nurse told me i do not need a 2nd beta test. But for viability of pregnancy is beta count doubling after 2x. I have been doing urine test every 2 days to make sure the 2 lines are still there. But still can't help keep worrying as I did not feel any difference as my normal self, no symptoms at all.
Anyone had no symptoms at all after 5 to 6 weeks of BFP?

Last edited:
Hihi, been a silent reader and passed hcg last week after fresh ivf. Was arranged for a ultrasound today but the sonographer cant find any yolk sac and fetal pole.

May i know how many weeks you are at when you were informed of the fetal pole and yolk sac?

Hihi, been a silent reader and passed hcg last week after fresh ivf. Was arranged for a ultrasound today but the sonographer cant find any yolk sac and fetal pole.

May i know how many weeks you are at when you were informed of the fetal pole and yolk sac?
Hi Sleepycloud, at my 6 week transvaginal scan, I could see gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole. Worried for 2 weeks but saw baby and heartbeat at the transabdominal 8 week scan, and all measurements were on track. Sometimes the baby just needs a little more time!

Hi everyone! I’m really new to this and just started my fresh cycle et yesterday too! Anyone is with Dr Khong from KKH? He suggested to put 2 grade 4 day 3 embryo (6 cell). So many terms I’m unfamiliar with like 2ww etc, can anyone share what it means? He’s scheduled my blood test really late, like 17dpt.. isit normal? :)
Hey! Welcome to the tww! Haha I just started too. Just did my trf yesterday.. my bt is 6 nov.. it’s normal for 17dpt :)

How many weeks are u already? My first scan will be on 30th Oct.... i have no major symptoms

Back