IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

I think everyone's menstrual cycle different, some is short and some is long. A bit hard to comment. But it is possible to catch up in a few days... And you may not test positive on sat...
Thanks Junie for replying, ya you are right...not yet to ovulation. Negative on the ovulation test kit dis morning..just went for my 3rd scan, everything's fine..left side 15/10.5/6, right side 8.5/7/6 and the rest mini ones...doctor say the 15 one looks llikea good one & hopes the 10.5 & 8.5 will grow too by Monday(last scanning),continue my puregon for today and tomorrow with another injection to prevent the size 15 from ovulation too early.doctor plan to do the iui on Wednesday. Have to do 2 injection for today and tomorrow.

I think everyone's menstrual cycle different, some is short and some is long. A bit hard to comment. But it is possible to catch up in a few days... And you may not test positive on sat...
Thanks Junie for replying, ya you are right...not yet to ovulation. Negative on the ovulation test kit dis morning..just went for my 3rd scan, everything's fine..left side 15/10.5/6, right side 8.5/7/6 and the rest mini ones...doctor say the 15 one looks llikea good one & hopes the 10.5 & 8.5 will grow too by Monday(last scanning),continue my puregon for today and tomorrow with another injection to prevent the size 15 from ovulation too early.doctor plan to do the iui on Wednesday. Have to do 2 injection for today and tomorrow.

Hi,
I'm new here,I'm going for my first iui on 11/8/16.i had a scan on d11 and lining 5+only,hence doctor has given me progesterone tablet to increase the thickness

Hi,
I'm new here,I'm going for my first iui on 11/8/16.i had a scan on d11 and lining 5+only,hence doctor has given me progesterone tablet to increase the thickness

I heard abt red bean soup for lining too. You can try drink more red dates with wolfberries too.
My lining growth also slower. But doctor say my cycle likely longer so slower to react. Anyway eventually it went up till 7.7 (day b4 iui) and i went for iui. Now waiting for result. Pray hard. =)

Hi ladies...

Jus like to share some good news... Initially was waiting for my AF to arrive on the 7th however... I was tested positive yesterday!!!!

Please dun give up hope and continue to try...

Baby dust to all

Congrats and have a smooth 9 months ahead!

Hi ladies...

Jus like to share some good news... Initially was waiting for my AF to arrive on the 7th however... I was tested positive yesterday!!!!

Please dun give up hope and continue to try...

Baby dust to all
Hi Lattes, can share anything that you did to prepare for your iui and what you did for the 2ww? Thanks.

I'm at kkh for my first appt and the nurse told me consultation fee and any tests that I will need to do can't use medisave and I need to pay upfront. Is this true?

Hi Lattes, can share anything that you did to prepare for your iui and what you did for the 2ww? Thanks.
Hi numbed,

I did not do anything unusual other than eating a lot of cherries for the past few weeks cos it's in season.... But I did use pre-seed to BD... Most probably the pre-seed did help....

I'm at kkh for my first appt and the nurse told me consultation fee and any tests that I will need to do can't use medisave and I need to pay upfront. Is this true?
Hi hi....

For some test, they will ask you if you wan to use medisave...

I remember the ultrasound scan n the hcg u can...

Issit done together with mine?

Can be done on same day as consultation I think. I rem after my first consultation we went to draw blood for the basics.. But I have other specific blood tests which need to be drawn like 14 days after onset of menses etc.. So I have to go down second time.. I was also scheduled for ultrasound which he didn't have.. After all tests completed then we have second consultation.. Roughly this should be the flow...

My iui on 2 Aug. if 18 aug menses nvr come then go blood test at kkh. Good Luck to you. Relax. My colleague ask me rest on bed more. =)
My iui was on 3 Aug. Blood test only on 22 Aug if no AF. I am going for a 3 km walk this Sunday, do you think it will affect?

Hi all, anyone done iui yday? I'm curious abt why didn't they do a scan before the iui? My last scan was on Monday 8 August, trigger on Wednesday night. Done my iui yday morning, not sure how many good follicles. Felt quite uncomfortable after the procedure, has light spotting. This is my 1st iui, crossing my fingers now while waiting for my blood test appointment on the 31st August which is dpiui 20. May I know how many days after the procedure can I use a pregnancy kit to test?

Hi all, anyone done iui yday? I'm curious abt why didn't they do a scan before the iui? My last scan was on Monday 8 August, trigger on Wednesday night. Done my iui yday morning, not sure how many good follicles. Felt quite uncomfortable after the procedure, has light spotting. This is my 1st iui, crossing my fingers now while waiting for my blood test appointment on the 31st August which is dpiui 20. May I know how many days after the procedure can I use a pregnancy kit to test?

Mine also didn't scan before iui. I also feel quite pain and spotting. Heard that after miss your period can test.

Hmm...but the nurse told me that even if miss period doesn't means confirm pregnant, as the trigger will cause period to delay sometimes. Let's just cross our fingers and pray hard! Keep having funny feeling inside today, haha.

I had my last scan 1st aug, ovulation test positive. Trigger shot then 2nd aug did iui.

I took down the reading on 1st aug. Nurse dont allow take photo of reading. Only self copy.

Hmm...but the nurse told me that even if miss period doesn't means confirm pregnant, as the trigger will cause period to delay sometimes. Let's just cross our fingers and pray hard! Keep having funny feeling inside today, haha.

Yes, but u were asking about when can start testing pregnancy? After miss period the HCG level will surge if really preg, which can show on the kit.

For me I felt negative about it so didn't test or think about it at all, I waited for the scheduled blood test. But during the 2ww I did have some cramps and frequent urination.

Last edited:
Thanks to those who replied me, good luck to all! For those who iui successful, can share some advices? Like what to take note of after procedure, what can eat what cannot..what can do what cannot, etc...this is my 1st time doing iui and I'm quite nervous, today is my dpiui day 3. Still feels a little crampy, resting at home during these 3 days.

Jie. Proceed as normal. Imho. Home cooked food best. Dun eat too liangz for ladies. Keep warm like wear socks and long pants. My missus took 1 week al and rest. This is wat we did.procedure done and bfp via blood test on 1 dec 2015, 1 attempt. We are really blessed. Birth on 2 Aug 2016 liao. Bbboy. Good luck and all the very best. Looking forward to good news. Can do it one. Cheers

Thanks to those who replied me, good luck to all! For those who iui successful, can share some advices? Like what to take note of after procedure, what can eat what cannot..what can do what cannot, etc...this is my 1st time doing iui and I'm quite nervous, today is my dpiui day 3. Still feels a little crampy, resting at home during these 3 days.

I am opposite of phantom's wife. I didn't do anything addition or special at all, continue with cold drinks/sleep aircon room, I was in the midst of crash dieting some more, but I did stopped exercising. And I keep my mind on other stuffs not to think of the result. I think the higher the expectation, the higher chance of disappointment... I bfp in 2013 first SO-IUI.

Last year when I did IUI at NUH (and failed the cycle), I was also told to get up immediately after the procedure... no lying down. I've always wondered if that would have helped.

Went back to do IUI this year. Now waiting period for the egg to grow. :rolleyes:

I suspect they don't allow us to lie down and wait because the next patient is waiting. Everything seems very rushed.

Last year when I did IUI at NUH (and failed the cycle), I was also told to get up immediately after the procedure... no lying down. I've always wondered if that would have helped.

Went back to do IUI this year. Now waiting period for the egg to grow. :rolleyes:

I suspect they don't allow us to lie down and wait because the next patient is waiting. Everything seems very rushed.
Thanks for sharing. Sighs. Ya, is the nudging feeling in me as well.

Also now in 2ww. But I took a preg test on 12dpiui, bpn. Sighs, guess i'm out.

Thanks Phantom and Junie, I never put high hopes and just take it naturally. Been disappointed for 2year plus, so I'm use to it. Hopefully GoD will pity us and fulfill our wishes. Just wanna ask, normally how long does implantation occurs? I keep having this wierd feeling and have very light brownish spot just now, izzzit too early?

Thanks Phantom and Junie, I never put high hopes and just take it naturally. Been disappointed for 2year plus, so I'm use to it. Hopefully GoD will pity us and fulfill our wishes. Just wanna ask, normally how long does implantation occurs? I keep having this wierd feeling and have very light brownish spot just now, izzzit too early?

I am not sure...maybe you can google? For me there is no implantation bleeding at all, I had spotting for a few days after the IUI. But I do feel a bit cramps which may be the after effects of IUI too... The most obvious symptom for me was frequent urination (suddenly had to wakeup at 4am to pee) and forgetfulness...

Dear all, I think yday what I saw is not brownish thing...today then is, I just went to toilet and I saw pinkish on the toilet paper. Not sure whether izzit implantation spotting, it's too early for my AF to arrive. Yday keep having squeezy feeling dis few days and a little bloated, but now not bloated already! Boobs still feel full and pain to touch. A little worried now, afraid that dis cycle will fail! Sob* sob* what should I do? Checked with my mum, she doesn't has implantation bleeding all 3 pregnancy.

Dear all, I think yday what I saw is not brownish thing...today then is, I just went to toilet and I saw pinkish on the toilet paper. Not sure whether izzit implantation spotting, it's too early for my AF to arrive. Yday keep having squeezy feeling dis few days and a little bloated, but now not bloated already! Boobs still feel full and pain to touch. A little worried now, afraid that dis cycle will fail! Sob* sob* what should I do? Checked with my mum, she doesn't has implantation bleeding all 3 pregnancy.

Everyone have different symptoms. The pregnancy symptoms are inconsistent and varies from day to day too. We don't puke for full 3 months straight during first trimester, there are good and bad days.

Being stress may create a hostile environment for implantation instead... If you are on leave go out and shop around, relax and have tea...always remember, there is always next chance next cycle.....

Thanks Junie, I think is a fail cycle... I saw blood with some mini blood clot! But what I can't understand is, I'm just 5 dpiui and my AF should be next week. It's way too early! Can't understand why and what's wrong~~ :(

Thanks Junie, I think is a fail cycle... I saw blood with some mini blood clot! But what I can't understand is, I'm just 5 dpiui and my AF should be next week. It's way too early! Can't understand why and what's wrong~~ :(

Mini blood clots? Should caused by the catheter when they insert the sperm or the thing they use to open up our cervix maybe? My spotting also had those pinkish discharge with some "xue si" inside. Don't worry too much, at this juncture, we can't do anything expect to wait for the results....

Back