IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Dream, yaya im on short protocol. monday would be mine bloodtest day. So nervous. Really hope the 2 embryos can survived. * Fingers crossed *
happy.gif
are u trying naturally now? Jiayou! ^^

Claris, good luck for ur blood test on monday! Excited and anxious for u
happy.gif

Just wanna share an article in today's news:

HSA seizes $18,000 of illegal medicines
Straits Times
(c) 2012 Singapore Press Holdings Limited

ABOUT $18,000 worth of illegal medicines have been seized by local health authorities taking part in a global operation aimed at online peddlers. The Health Sciences Authority (HSA) seized close to 13,000 units of products such as tablets, capsules and strips.

Ten people are being investigated for selling the unregistered, counterfeit and adulterated items. HSA's clampdown is part of Operation Pangea, involving 99 countries and 190 agencies. It is coordinated by global entities such as Interpol and the World Customs Organisation as well as the pharmaceutical and electronic-payment industries. This is the fifth year HSA is taking part. Between Sept 25 and Oct 2, it intensified the monitoring of discussion forums, blogs, auction sites, online classified advertisements and company portals offering medicines and health goods.

It also screened 38 websites to check for contraventions under the Medicines Act, Poisons Act and Health Products Act. Of these, 15 sites were found to be selling illegal health products such as oral contraceptives, weight-loss items and medical devices from contact lenses and condoms to <u> pregnancy test strips.</u>

Action was taken against the offenders. Dr Raymond Chua, group director of HSA's health products regulation group, urged the public not to buy from unreliable sources. "There is no guarantee that products purchased online are genuine or safe as it is difficult to verify the authenticity of any website, supplier or health product," he said.

Dr Chua added that consumers should be discerning as illegal or counterfeit products could cause greater harm to their health. When in doubt, they should always consult a doctor or pharmacist for medical advice. In a recent case, a 22-year-old woman was fined $19,000, the most severe penalty handed to date to an individual for selling illegal health products online. About 3,000 units of an assortment of oral contraceptives, condoms and <u> pregnancy test kits </u> , with a street value of about $6,000, were seized from her. This was the first case involving the illegal sale of medicinal products and medical devices online.

Claris: yah...i am trying naturally these few months.. Hav been thru 1 trial of clomid and 2 trials of SO-IUI but all failed..so thinking of trying naturally these few mths before going to ivf in dec/jan...BT on mon? that's very fast...wow! excited for u! but stay relaxed and try to wait patiently...i knwo is difficult but try ur best...maybe watch some comedies...must keep us updated!

Actually, on what basis does the doc determine whether the patient shd be on short or long protocol?

Dream: ya.. In my tww.. Same as Claris.. Monday will be my test date.. 14 dpiui... =)

Cheeka: thanks for the info.. Hmmm ... Illegal test kit? that might give wrong result?

Good afternoon ladies!

Greetings from windy San Francisco! Super cold here, brrrrr..

Congrats Lil Ponyo!! Very happy for u, I wish you a healthy and happy nine months ahead!
happy.gif

All the success stories here is keeping my spirits &amp; hopes up! I'm meeting Prof Wong in NUH when I'm back on the 17th, hopefully IVF will bring success to my very long TTCing journey too!

Good luck to the rest of the ladies testing soon! Jia you everyone!

Claris and Baby, don't worry and think so much about symptons. Just enjoy your time and stay positive! Everything is out of our hands now so have faith. Jia you and good luck on your BT!

Dream, relax and enjoy your BD tonight! Don't do kan cheong BD! Ha ha! You want your eggs and his sperm to be happy and swim fast!! Good luck!!

DHM, wow you are 22w already! Time really flies! BBG is a great mix! Congratulations again! Yes, no flying for me during the first trimester!

Dream,
Yup, can close shop!
Cheer up n enjoy yr Bd tonight lah! Still got time... Hope u strike!

Baby,
Cos I was on progestrone support after my IUI, so I got bloatedness n keep burping. I auto cut off cold drinks n my fav- tea. I oso quite tired, maybe due to progesterone pill..Other than that, nothing.. No significant sore boobs or wat.. But I did hv implantation bleeding which I tot its AF cmg on my dpIUI11, I think..
Good luck to u!!!!

Claris,
2 boys n 1 girl...

Lil Ponyo,
Only 1st trimester?? No way to negotiate not to fly at all?

DHM: thanks for sharing... Me on the white pill (utrogestan) too.. Also make me very bloated after iui.. Also got very sore n tender boobs... But both seem to get better since yesterday which seem like not so promising.... =(

Thanks ladies for ur Support and courages!
happy.gif

Dream, hmmm my doc didn't explained why he chose short protocol for my ivf. I guess mainly depends on the ability and condition of ovaries to stimulate eggs? Whether to suppress or not to.. I failed 1 So-Iui too, maybe doc judge from that attempt.. That time I got many eggs but was late to convert as we have to go for bloodtest 1st and the result would be late. Doc worried that the eggs would be old by then. After that failed iui, we went straight to ivf after rest for 1 cycle..

Ya everything happened too fast for this ivf journey, will come to an end very soon.. Hehe *hopeful*

Hi Ladies... Had some blood today.. Today is 12 dpiui.. Is it possible for AF to come so early? N will AF come if I am still on the Utrogestan pill? Feeling a bit sad now.. Maybe really out for me this cycle... =(

Claris > All the best to your bt! Can share with me if you're on purgeon or gonal f, dosage? And what kind of progesterone support did dr give you?

Thanks joyhope.
happy.gif
I was on puregon 175iu for 1st 3days of my stimulation stage and remaining 7days was 200iu. Other than Utrogestan, I wasn't given any other support medicine.. But I have to continue take metforming, as I got pcos..

claris, all the best for your bt...waiting in the big pool of sticky bbdust for u to add on more more sticky bbdust!!
happy.gif

Hi All,

22nd Sept - My missus did IUI on KKH.
08th Oct - Go back for pregnancy test if mensus didnt come.

Missus mensus is regular on the 1st of every month. However from 04th Oct onwards, she noticed spottings everyday till today, unlike the normal mensus.

If we see spottings, does it means she is not pregnant?

Hi All,

Any idea if going to Dr SF Loh @ TMC, does he monitor the patients' performance including performing the IVF surgery himself?

Currently, my missus just completed the 1st round of IUI @ KKH. We decided to go for Dr Sadhana, having the impression she will be the doctor monitoring the follices + performing IUI. However, during the IUI, realised it is the IVF doctors that are monitoring the follices and performing the IUI, and the doctors are different each time.

Hi nitro,

For dr loh at tmc and tfc, he will be one to monitoring the follicles, ER, et, and etc. Throughout the whole ivf journey, he will be the only incharge.

Baby, don't give up yet. Your blood test is tomorrow so hang in there. It could be late implantation bleeding. Hugs and all the best!

Claris, all the best for you too! I'm getting excited for you. For me, I'm now just waiting for my 1st scan 2 weeks from now. I'm still extremely bloated but my tummy not as rock hard as before. Less nausea too so that is good.

DHM, ha ha, well no flying for 1st trimester for now. I don't want to plan so far ahead. When is your due date?

Nitro, like claris said, it could be implantation bleeding. Are you open to try a home pregnancy test? All the best in the blood test tomorrow!

Hi nitro,

As the other ladies said, could be implantation spotting, doesn't mean she's not pregnant.. Try not to think too much k..Stay positive! Wish u guys all the best for the blood test tmr!

If u go to a pte gynae, it'll be the same gynae who will follow thru the whole iui program.. Same for nuh pte patient.. If i'm not wrong, heard it's the same for sgh..

Hi Ladies.. I am out le... AF reported today... =(

Good luck to Claris n Nitro's missus testing tomorrow ya...

Anyone has any idea how long a hsg test is valid for? I done that in Dec 2010.. Wonder should I do again before starting my 2nd soiui.. Or I should start straight away tomorrow....

Baby, hugs! sorry to hear that but keep your chin up girl. It's a new cycle and new hope. Not sure regarding the HSG test, perhaps you can try to call your doctor tomorrow morning and see what he says.

I remember when I did my IUI earlier this year, my doctor advised me that it is best to do HSG and make sure my tubes are clear before embarking on IUI. And sometimes, even when HSG is cleared, it is good to do HSG because your tubes gets a cleaning so the eggs and sperms can travel better.

Baby: Sayang Sayang..Dun give up.. keep on trying till we exhaust our options.. Remain positive..

Claris: Good luck! Hope that you cna shower us with more baby dusts...keep us updated!

Hi Ladies.. Thanks for the encouragements...so nice to have you ladies who are so supportive.. Was soooo disappointed yesterday... =(

Just finish seeing Gynea.. Will be starting my 2nd soiui cycle today.. Asked doc what are the factor affecting failure.. He say maybe egg quality not good etc.. But it's beyond control.. Haiz.. Anyone have any good secret remedy to have better quality eggs?

Claris.. Hope to get your baby dust soon....Good Luck!!

Lil ponyo, saralyn, dian tang,

How are u ladies doing? All the best for your first scans!
happy.gif

Baby,

Since u're already starting on new cycle of iui, stay positive k! Jia you!!

Laki gal,

How are you doing? Started on your FET?

Just went to see my gynae this morning.. My 1st AF after lap just started yesterday.. Was kinda worried initially cos had painful cramps till now.. But doc told me it's normal after the surgery so i guess it's fine.. He registered me for ivf in dec.. In the meantime, will be doing iui this mth.. His only concern is i might not ovulate cos just had op, but he told me not to worry and we'll see how the scan goes.. Will be going in for 1st scan next thur..

Baby, looks like we'll be cycle buddies!
happy.gif

min81,
who is your doc &amp; where u doing it? are u doing juz iui or so iui? how much will that be? thanks so much in advance...
happy.gif

Short time no post, wow, this thread moves fast.

DHM>>just saw that you are having triplets, wow! so happy for you! that turn around was quick. was this your first time doing IUI?

Min>> what op did you go for? are you still baking?
happy.gif

Lil Ponyo>> time to chilllll out at work lah.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I am well, on my second round of Femara. After long debate, hubby and I decided to skip IUI and just try BD again. Not just the cost but also the time to go do all the blood tests, and IUI, and extra pressure. Went to see Dr Lim this morning and my follicles are growing well!

For those of you with PCOS, I strongly recommend Femara!

Hi bb,

My gynae is prof p c wong at nuh.. I'm just doing iui.. Not sure whether any change in cost.. This was how much i paid when i did it in feb..

Day 12 scan: $90.95 
Trigger jab: $53.50 
IUI procedure (including 'washing' of sperm) : $679.45 

Hi jen,

Long time no see.. I went for laparoscopy to remove 2 cysts.. Now not baking much cos ingredients are not cheap.. Haha.. Now that i'm not wking, gotta be more careful with money.. Great to hear ur follicles are growing well!! All the best!
happy.gif

Min>> hehe, I still remember you did some mango cake right? yumyum. I'm still baking bread, but less often. I recently rewarded myself with a Kitchenaid
happy.gif
but haven't open yet cos we are moving house soon.

Did you see my post earlier about insurance coverage? With this recent push to have more babies, I really think we should try to get full govt support for IUI, etc. Look at DHM! Hehe
happy.gif

Jen,

Ann baked the mango cake.. Hehe.. I bought a kitchenaid 2 yrs back too.. The heavy duty model.. Love it!! Hehe.. Bet u'll love it too.. Just like how my hubby washes his car and admires it, i also like to admire my kitchenaid mixer and bosch oven.. Keke.. Sounds crazy right..

Yup remember seeing your post about that.. So you're gonna write petition?

Min>> oh! haha sorry. I got that mixed up. Yes Ann was the one with the very funny stories rite? You were teaching right, have you stopped?

No not crazy at all! Nowadays when I mix my dough I am literally struggling to beat it, my $30 Phillips handheld mixer sounds like it is crying
sad.gif

Yeah, I wanna do something, but got to figure out what is the right channel first. I think nowadays they are more willing to listen, especially birth rate is such a hot topic

Ann>> are you still around??

Min81, I'm feeling much better in the last 2 days. My bloating has subsided a little and if my measurement is correct, my tummy has gone down by 1cm and makes a world of difference to me.

I went back to work today and it feels great to get my routine back. Though I have to admit it was a little overwhelming after 2 weeks break. My boss told me to ake it easy and go home after lunch so I did! Ha ha!

My first scan is 2 weeks from now on 24 Oct. Good to hear that your AF is finally here! Sounds like you and your doctor have a good game plan for you. All the best on your iui this month!!

Yes, Jen, trying to take it as easy as I can. Now is not the time to be a hero! Hope your follicles grow big big!!!

Saralyn, when is your first scan?

Lil ponyo n min: I'm doing great too but still learning how to cope with the nausea feeling which is hitting me whole day. I also get tired the moment I am awake. So I am either on bed sleeping or at toilet trying to puke. Sigh.. No energy or time to come in here to chat..

I just did my first scan yesterday.. And I am expecting twins!
happy.gif
my husband and I are so happy and shocked at the same time.. Maybe it is because there are two inside I am facing so bad nausea and tiredness. My doc even commented I look like not enough sleep which I already sleep the whole day!! And I look pale.. How I wish time can faster come and pass and I will be over 12 weeks and all these will stop..

Saralyn, that is such great news! So happy for you. What was the magic recipe in the end?

Lil Ponyo, thank u! Femara + Gonal F does seem to do the trick, last cycle I had three eggs >20mm!

Saralyn, wow congratulations!!! So so happy for you
happy.gif
poor you, good thing your boss let you take another 2 weeks off. Please contonie to take care and rest well. Just curious, when you did your blood test, what is your hcg reading?

Min: thank you!! Hope you bfp in this cycle of iui!!! Now we are just hoping they will grow well and no complication..

Jen: I did ivf.. Transfered 2 embryos and they decided to build their home inside me.
happy.gif

Lil ponyo: thank you! Still can't believe it.. My first hcg reading is 970. I did it 15 days after my 2 day transfer.

Bb(Lybaby)
Hv u rcv my email?

Lil Ponyo,
We r looking at w34, last wk of Dec. anything beyond that its a bonus.

Saralyn,
Congrats!!!! Not easy to carry multiples...
Rest more if u can, k?

Jen,
Yup my 1st IUI.
Not cheap to do any fertility treatment. But then govt sure say, u can alw go restructured hospital for the subsidized rate, blah blah n blah...
But then it's the time n effort we do not wish to waste!
Save alot of time by gg pte but not $$$$...
Then no subsidy loh... No insurance oso cover infertility treatment... Gotta depend on ourselves loh...

saralyn, congrats on twins!! take good care, i believe they are growing well inside u

min, my cramps lasted till D14 on the first mense and D3 on the second mense. hopefully u can bfp on yr iui, then no need do ivf.. i also wish i can start my ivf in dec! haha..

ponyo, glad u are feeling better too!!

lil ponyo: thanks..gald to hear that you are feeling better le... Am keeping positive n hope that I can be lucky this cycle.. =)

Saralyn: congrats on Ur twins!! Yesterday my Gynea told me if wan to improve egg quality for ivf need to jab for 2 months before stimulation jab.. Is that what u have done?

Jen: may I know wat is Fermara? Injection or oral pill? Dun remember my Gynea give me that to try lei...

Saralyn , so happy for u, not easy to carry twins . you should take more rest . I am reading this book ' what to expect when you are expecting' , it is quite useful . They have some topics abt twins .
Toilet and toilet bowl have been my hanging out place at home and work

Dian_tang, I didn't read the book but watched the movie instead last week. Ha ha! It's very funny and entertaining, I highly recommend to you ladies.

Dian_tang, how many weeks are you now? Have you done your scan yet?

Thanks Lin and Baby. Baby, stay positive and you'll never know
happy.gif
stay relax, no stress and be happy and your body will respond accordingly. That's what my tcm doctor told me when she sensed that I was stressed last time. She said the mind is very powerful. When we are relaxed and not tensed, all our internal organs, circulation and ovaries will function better.

Min81 and Lil Ponyo : I shd be now beginning of nine . Didn't really announce cos of pang tang . Thought of waiting to 3rd month before I officially spread baby dust ..

Back