IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Baby: I think now, the blood test only valid for half year. I did my blood test more than half year ago, and was asked to re-test.

Jen: agreed with your point.. But I think if there is no cap then some unethical Gynea will just explode the bill cost... Ha.. But maybe they should not cap the grant at 3 times only n should increase more grant amount rather than it get lesser n lesser after each grant..

Hmm i know AMH test is valid for 6 mths only if doing ivf.. But for iui, think the tests last for longer period.. I'll be starting another round of iui in oct or nov.. I asked my doc if i need to retake the tests and he said no need.. Think i better check with him again when i see him next wk..

Thanks Baby. OK, I am feeling motivated. I want to start an online support group (not just on this forum) and petition for better medical coverage for fertility-related issues. Who's in?

Hi Ladies, I'm back from my blood test. Doctor will call later this evening with results!

Hi Jen, welcome back!! Good to hear good response to Femara. You are right about persistence and perseverance. All the superwomen here don't give up no matter what is thrown at them!

My! this thread moves so fast..cant afford not to log in for more than 2 days...i even went back to the archived folder to catch up on the msg!

Lil Ponyo: Congrats! A BIG Hugz for u...Have u already done ur BT? So happy for u! Can u pour some of u bb dusts over me???

Saralyn: are u feeling better already? Maybe can try some of the tips offered by the sisters here... do hang on...the nausea is prob for the 1st trem only?? u shd get better as the months pass...is worth it after all the efforts u put in...so hang on there..

Baby: thansk for the tips! i didnt know abt the honey tomatos..going to start getting that for hubby. since i like those as well, i can share the box wiht him...hahah..but how do u usually get him to eat oysters?? cos i dont eat...is there a way to buy just a couple fo oysters cooked? thinking of trying this on the 1-2 days before i opk positive since we are trying naturally...maybe that will help but i feel embarassed to share this timing wiht MIL so that she can cook oysters..

Hi Dream, why don't you and DH go out for fried oyster omelette! Ha ha! I wonder if that is the same
happy.gif
actually, it is the zinc in oyster that is good for sperm so your DH can start taking daily supplement of Vit E and Zinc. Brazil nuts are good too. In the last 2 months, both DH and I ate 4-5 brazil nuts a day.

Hold on to your congrats until tonight! I'm still waiting for my doctor to call me!

Lil Ponyo: good idea for the oyster omelette. Usually, fairprice finest sells fresh oyster too, top up with lemon and just eat like that.
Does brazil nuts really help?

Cheeka: did the dr recommend any thing? My DH also put in some effort to improve his troops. Like taking cold shower , sleep without underwear , eat supplement prescribed by doc, go acupuncture and take Tcm med .

Oh yah...by the way, tcm did mention about exercising, sleeping early and less stress for hubby...she said usually the wives are more stressed but in our case, he's more stressed than me..

fresh oyster?? not sure whether he dares...i am also a bit cautious in case of germs...other than salmon, we dont usually take any raw food..

Lil: i will hold back my congrats first...though one hand is already stretched out..hahahah..i bet u must be feeling very excited now...is like getting report card...must relax hor...

Hi Cheeka, this is what i got from the internet. My DH drinks Ensure milk too for the Selenium.

Brazil nuts -- A top source of selenium, a vitamin that helps keep sperm cells healthy while also helping sperm motility and quality. Brazil nuts are also a good source of vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps protect sperm cells against free-radical damage. Brazil nuts also help with implantation and to thicken the uterus lining.

Hi Dream.. On both occasion before ST n IUI we went Jack place the night before n order 4 PC oysters for DH.. Ha.. I think have it raw better so as to keep the max amount of zinc ba... Those that sell at cold storage you must see if they can be eaten raw k.. Coa they are froZen.. Not sure if suitable to eat raw... If u wan buy n eat home.. Some Japanese store got sell those 10 in a pack without the shell one... It say it can be eaten raw...

Dream: if he dun like raw then better not ba.. Take zinc supplement instead.... Not sure if oyster really help though but I know the cherry tomatoes do work wonder... From what I observe my DH eat oysters all the while even when his troop were not good... But after eating a lot of cherry tomatoes his troop is fantastic.. Gynae say its miracle... Ha... Anyway this tomatoes thing I saw it from web somewhere so just try try.. N it's helps... =)

Dian tang: same as you, no boxers, eat folic acid, C,E,B. No boxers, cold showers. that's about it.

Thanks Lil. I bought brazil nuts but we dont really eat it everyday. Just eat it when feel like it.

where do u guys usually buy brazil nuts? ntuc??are they from Brazil?? kekeke...i am not a big fan of nuts but no choice...just hav to eat whatever is it good...

But do take note of selemium...when i bought the conceive well gold, i rem reading the notes that excessive intake is toxic...think not more than 165g per day...a pill contains 65g..so eat moderately..

Lil ponyo, I'm so excited for u!!! Can't wait to hear ur good news, and spread to all the sisters here! Can't wait for mine too, another 5 days. Ur bloodtest brought forward to today? I thought was 4 Oct. ;)

Okay ladies, are you ready?
happy.gif

My doctor called and confirmed my BFP!! He said it looks likely to be a singleton which he is very happy about. It has been a long journey for us and we are very blessed to succeed with this attempt. Hopefully this baby will stick and everything will be smooth. I also want to thank all you wonderful ladies for your support and friendship. I could not have survive without you!

Now...here is my shower of beautiful multicolour dusts on all of you!!!!
*baby dust*baby dusts*baby dusts*baby dusts*baby dusts*baby dusts*

Congrats Lil... let me be the first one to grab tons and tons of bb dust!

Sorry but I can't remember if you did iui or ivf? Kkh?

Hi JoyHope, no problem
happy.gif

We've been ttc for almost 2 years now. Passed every test on my side but my DH's sperm is not so good. We failed 3 iui (1 natural + 2 with clomid) and this is our first ivf attempt. Age is a factor for me as I turn 38 this month. I'm with Dr L C Foong from Gleneagles.

Lil ponyo, congrats! so happy to hear that u finally made it and succeed! Take good care and get rid of ur ohss so can enjoy ur pregnancy journey.. Wish u a happy and smooth 9 months ahead ya.. Grabbing ur baby dusts now! ;)

Lil_ponyo: congrats!!! Grabbing ur baby dust! Hoping for sticky beans! U rest well n take care ok? Please do come back at this thread to encourage us.

Lil Ponyo,

CONGRATS!!!!!!!
So so happy that u finally BFP after walking thru this TTC path!

Pls do take care of yrself n I'll pray for a sticky n healthy beanie too!

Oh my! Am excited for u!!!!

Hello Lil Ponyo,
I've been a silent reader of this thread.
Big congrats to you on yr BFP & wishing you a smooth 9months journey ahead
happy.gif

Could I check with you the costs of doing IUI or SO-IUI under Dr Foong? Thinking of changing gynae but cost is a concern for me. Any idea of the costs of SA test for DH?
Thanks!

Lil ponyo, Congrats to u!! May u have a blessed 9mths ahead! enjoy your pregnancy!
happy.gif
Grabbing your sticky bbdust!!

Lil Ponyo: Congrats! This 2 weeks have been great! There are alreayd 2 pieces of good news! Hope that more coming up to spread the baby dusts...

min81:Thanks...i will drop by cold storage to have a look.. wan to start drinking red dates wiht kou qi as well...

It will be so good to have ivf buddies...at least the journey seems more bearable...anyone doing in dec??

Cheeka: Thanks for the hugz... =) Ya.. Trying to stay positive... But think my bloatedness should get worse instead of better I think.. Today just feel so different from the past days... Haiz..

Thank you so much ladies! Jia you, ya! It will happen!

DHM, good to see you here again! Thanks. How are your babies? I'm so bloated with just one, I can't imagine with triplets!

Diamond, lol yes I know what you meant
happy.gif

Cheeka, yes I will surely come back and support because I found that helpful when the other ladies come back too!!

Claris, getting excited for blood test. All the best to you! How are you feeling?

Rainy, thanks. I checked back my records. His first consultation is $150 and then it's $60 after that. If I'm not wrong the semen analysis is $120
For my natural iui:
Consultation $60
IUI package $600
Ultrasound $60
Pregnyl trigger med $47
Injection fee at any clinic $15-25
But may need to see doctor 1-2 times before procedure day to determine day of ovulation. Each visit is $60 for consultation + $60 for ultrasound.

For my SO-IUI
I only took 5 days of clomid pills from D2 to D5. The costs is similar to natural IUI, just additional Clomid medicine costs which is only $12

Baby, stay positive and don't read so much into symptoms. As long as AF is not here, there is hope!

Lil ponyo, ya getting more nervous and afraid of e result than excited! I'm totally fine now not much symptoms. Btw What are e symptoms if bfp? Should I happy or shouldn't? :p another 4 days! Omg!!! Btw how r u feeling? Feeling better? Hope u r good now!
happy.gif

Dhm, Congrats! u strike with triplets! Omg!!! How u managed to do that?! That's amazing! So admired u! Thought there's is restriction of 2 embryos? How many months now?
happy.gif

Lil Ponyo,

Muz take good care n rest well.. Try not to fly here n there k?
Hope that yr bloatedness will go away soon!!! Mine gone at 2nd trimester ;)
My babies still doing well..
Did a detail scan 2 wks ago, I'm gg to hv BBG.
happy.gif

Praying they will continue to grow healthy inside...

Claris,
I got my triplets thru SO-IUI... I'm w22d5 today!!!
I only got 2 follicles (19mm n 17mm) b4 my trigger shot..
I'm still amazed by my miracle to strike 3...
I can only thank God for this miracle...
happy.gif

Morning, gers..sigh...i missed this month's ovulation without trying....my temp shot up to 36.6 today after dipping to 36.3 for the last 3 days...i didnt expect ovulation to come so fast cos today is only the 12th day...cos mine is usually 36-37 days and i certainly didnt expect tat i wld be switched to 28 days so fast...hb suggested bd tonight but i am already half hearted..cos think will be too late...

DHM: good to see u again! woa....BBG....that's a nice mix....can close shop liao...kekeke..

DHM: oh my god.. Triplets... I also had So iui this round.. Hope can be lucky like you..I have 3 follicles before trigger at about 17mm.... Can share Ur symptoms during Ur tww?

Dream: dun be disheartened.. Maybe your egg still waiting for Ur DH's troop.... Must try k... U never know... Or maybe it's just one adnormal temp to ignore... =)

Dream:
kao_clap.gif
Jia you jia you! Can still bd tonight. You could have tried bd-ing this morning
happy.gif
I heard that morning sperm count is better?

Cheeka: Is it? i didnt know about it..i was rushing to work and hubby was still sleeping then..i was also a bit too shocked then to see my bbt shooting up to 36.6.

sigh..just have to bd tonight and leave it to fate...there's nothin i can do right now...

Baby: U r in 2W now? keeping fingers crossed for u and jia you! Stay positive..when are u due for results??

claris: U also waiting for ivf results?? wow! i didnt realise there are so many trying this month.. jia you too! hope to hear good news fr u and Baby....

Dhm, u r one of the most lucky to got these beautiful gifts from god! Happy for u!
happy.gif
wish u a pleasant and smooth pregnancy journey ahead.. How many boys ans girls?

Back