IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Dian tang,

I was thinking if you're subsidised patient and still have prof or dr chew do the scans and procedures for u, it's actually cheaper but for the same service right..

Lin,

Ya understand wat u mean.. Although been thru it so many times, still feel uncomfortable.. But ah.. The trick is really to relax.. I immediately tensed up my lower body when i saw the speculum when gonna do iui.. Doc saw and didn't force.. Started chatting and asking me questions.. Think i got distracted and my body just relaxed.. She immediately slipped the speculun in and i didn't really feel anything much.. So now i keep telling myself 'relax relax relax..'.. But still hard sometimes.. Haha..

Thanks Dian Tang and Claris, I swing from being positive to nervous a few times a day. Crazy right?! Trying to keep my mind occupied yet feeling so lazy and lethargic!

I went for my final acupuncture today. After today, implantation may have completed so should stop acupuncture already according to Dr Zou. Quite enjoy my time lying there as it was pretty relaxing.

Claris, my blood test is on 4 Oct because mine is a Day 5 transfer.

Lil n Claris, excited bout both of ur bt. Seem round d corner

Lin, my IUI was done w full bladder but I didn't drink alot of water at a shot. I take few sip n af d process I still able to endure till go Hm then pee

Thanks, Laki. Still have 1 more week to go before BT. I think that wait will be nerve wrecking!!

Hi JoyHope, I did 2 sessions after ET. I go to the doctor at Raffles Hospital. According to the nurses and doctor there, for ivf done there, the patient will do one session before and after ET. As my ET was in the afternoon, I one did a session before that as by the time I finish, the clinic was closed. Then I went again on Mon and Wed. Thanks for your best wishes
happy.gif

lil, claris> best luck to bt next week! relax and keep yrself occupied with other thots..

min> i din even see the speculum! i just stare at the ceiling.. and then when they insert is so pain.. i think the worse was the hsg test, the dr said cannot put in! and ask the nurse got smaller speculum and the nurse said no! alamak, so unpro.. lucky my gynae put in fast, but still pain lor

Dear Ladies,

How are you??? i have been sooo busy that i no time to join in the conversation..

Saralyn, Congrats to you.... Sooo happy for you...

Splw18: Dun worry... anything if you dont understand or know, can ask the nurse or any one of us here...
happy.gif

Min81, you gg to see Dr Zhou this week or next week??? Share with me on your experience with her... im gg to see her in Dec...

Duffy bear,

I'm gonna see dr su in bukit batok, not dr zhou.. Just go once see how i feel about it first.. Will definitely share my experience if u're interested to go to her
happy.gif

Dian tang,

I see.. But actually they work directly under prof, i find them pretty good too.. They tended to me before when prof on leave..

Supposed to be getting my menses early next wk if no disruption after lap.. But still having spotting.. Sian.. Used so many pads already.. Everytime changed to using pantiliner then suddenly heavy discharge and 'overflow'.. Sorry if tmi.. Hehe.. This is really stressful on my wallet man..

Ladies on 2ww, jia you!!
happy.gif

Min81, sorry sorry... Shld be Dr Su ... I gg to see her in dec too... I been busy with work that I get all details mixed up...

I'm gg for review in mid oct ... Can I get a referral letter fm KKH to switch over to NUH???

Duffy bear,

No prob
happy.gif
I heard normally in the beginning must see her weekly..

Hmm.. Do u need a referral letter? I tot can just call nuh for appt.. I think dian tang would know about this, she also switched from kkh to nuh
happy.gif

Min81 and Duffy bear: if private patient, can just call the woman clinic for appt. if subsidized patient, got to get a referral letter from polyclinic and you will get a appt date As the test reports to shown NUH doc, one of the sisters said NUH can see the reports on their common system now. As for myself, I ask kkh to print out the reports and show doc in NUH .

Min81: how long u need to rest after your lap?

min> oh still spotting? how many days after opt already? i think its more than 14 days hor?? did u call dr and chk if its still normal since it lasted for quite some time..

Dian tang,

Doc gave me HL for 1 mth.. But i'm feeling ok and actually have been out everyday for some classes since last wk.. But nothing physical, just need to exercise my brain.. Hehe
happy.gif

Lin,

Ya now it's like brown discharge.. 18 days since op.. Dunno leh.. The last time i spoke to doc, he said it's alrite unless i feel pain or have fever.. my hubby's fren was telling me she also spotted for a mth so i guess it's fine.. But i didn't do any exercise except walking..

Hi ladies, hope you're having a good weekend. It has been 1 week since my embryo trsnsfer and I started feeling worse 2 days ago. I'm extremely bloated, in pain and getting breathless. My tummy is so hard and big like I'm 4 months pregnant!

I called the doctor and he asked me to go in for an examination yesterday. I am diagnosed with mild OHSS. It's funny that I got it so long after ER and ET. I always thought OHSS usually comes about after ER. I did a blood test and luckily my kidney is fine and there is no fluid in my lungs. Doctor told me to rest more, drink lots of water and take protein shakes and it will go away on its own slowly.

Arghhh... I'm in so much pain that I can't even stand up straight. The only comfortable position is if I lean back like a pregnant woman. Hopefully I'll be better soon. I'm no longer thinking of my blood test next week but more focused on feeling better.

Sigh...sorry for such a miserable post. I wanted to vent my feelings and it always makes me feeling better to share with you ladies!

Claris, hope your 2ww is more comfortable than mine!!

Lil ponyo: sorry to hear that.. Drink lotsa of water like isotonic drinks and eat more egg whites.. If you can take at least 8.. I hope your doc did pass you a piece of papers what to take note of ohss? Keep a lookout of those signs and if really very bad better go a&e.. Ohss cannot be taken lightly..

Anyway good news is that it is a good sign even thou it is so torturing..

Rest well ya...

Lil > Other than protein shakes, nurse told me can take half boiled egg whites. Take 2-3 each time and at different timing of the day. If really bad, you can ask your doctor about the option of protein drip... but I was forewarned that its costly. And also 2-3 litres of water. Rest more.

Lil Ponyo: sorry to hear that. you shd be fine after intake of high protein and drink water. I was asked to still monitor for ohss after ET .

Rest well ya esp you are alone dur 2ww.

Lil, ya take more isotonic drink as it really will help a lot. U try drink ensure milk oso. Take more fish, ew n red meat. Really can't take it lightly k. But is gd news tat ur kidney n lungs ok. Bt I oso hear tat those w ohss hve a high chance of BFP

Hihi, for those sistas who did iui at NUH, care to share how much was the whole thing and if its include scanning & doc's charges? Else how much is the scanning & doc's fee? How is procedure and if include any medication (if yes, what type?) and lastly whether the appt with doc is long? need to take how days of leaves & for how many days need to go back before iui? many thanks in advance for your kind info...
happy.gif

Dian tang,

Thank u so much for ur concern and well wishes! I've recovered well.. Have been in a very positive mood lately and i guess it helps cos i feel really great
happy.gif
Hope you're resting well too
happy.gif

Splw18,

Thanks! I went for a laparoscopy 3 wks ago to remove 2 cysts on my ovaries.. Have u started on ur iui? All the best k!

Lil ponyo,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so good.. Hope you feel better soon!

Hi bb(lybaby),

I did iui in feb at nuh.. It was a natural cycle so i didn't take any medication.. It'll definitely be cheaper than so-iui.. I'm under prof p c wong as a private patient.. Appointments are not an issue but it'll be good to call 2-3 weeks in advance to make 1st appointment just in case.. For myself, i was told to go back on day 12 for scanning.. Follicle was at 19 mm so trigger jab was given in the evening and doc arranged for iui on day 14.. The cost is as follows..

Day 12 scan: $90.95
Trigger jab: $53.50
IUI procedure: $679.45

Hope this helps
happy.gif
I did not include the cost for the consultation and tests done before the iui.. If you need that too, can let me know
happy.gif

Lil ponyo, sorry to hear that. Hope u getting well real soon! Please take good care and continue to eat those food to ease ohss. How many egg whites u taking daily? And how many litre of water? So u have to take bed rest most of the time? Do u drink ginger tea to ease ur bloatedness? Praying for u..

Me too look like 4-5 months pregnant.. And I got severe bloated between ER and ET, and subsequent 3-4 days only. Glad that I'm totally fine now only the big tummy and feeling cramps and like needles poked on inner stomach sometimes. Wonder if these are good or bad sign.. And nurse didn't call for increase progesterone so I supposed I'm okie.. Yest and today I didn't take egg whites, just can't swallow and feel like vomiting when eating them, so I 趁机偷懒.. :p gonna start again tmr.. Haha

Lil ponyo, take care & good luck...

claris, how time flies.. u r in 2ww le? all the best ya.. where is ur bhcg?

min81, thanks for the info..yes pls let me noe the consultation fee & the cost of tests before iui.. u may pm me...
happy.gif

Dear ladies, thank you so much for your support and concern. Unfortunately I'm not any better today. Been reading up on OHSS and there doesn't seem much we can do besides sports drinks, protein and rest. My belly button is so stretched that it looks horizontal! Ha ha! OHSS is really no fun! I think this is the worst part of my IVF journey.

I take ensure milk, protein shake, fish, beef and 4 eggs a day. and i alternate between water and H2O too. Its hard to keep this food down because I'm feeling nauseous. Will try to endeavour and 'ren' until I feel better. Thank you again for your well wishes
happy.gif

Lil > I was told that can take up to 12-16 egg whites per day, but spilt it into 2-3 each time at different times of the day. Sounds like you're on your way to bfp! Btw, the acupuncture after ET... did they use neddles on the tummy area? Take care.

Thanks bb, my bloodtest would be on 8 oct.

Lil ponyo, I 2nd to joyhope..
happy.gif
I guess u will get bfp this round, when u get pregnant it double ur chances of ohss.. On the other side, me like losing all the bad feeling and symptoms of ohss, should I be happy or shouldn't? :p bit like losing hope and my positivity.. ><

Joyhope, wow 12-16 eggs is a lot. I hope to supplement my protein with protein bars and shakes as the eggs are making me nauseous already. For my acupuncture after ET, I think the doctor used finer and less needles but she did put on the tummy area.

Claris, I hope you and Joyhope are correct but the thing is that one day after my ET, I had a Pregynl shot and then another one 3 days later. I think my OHSS was triggered by these shots. So I'm not that positive about it but I'm don't think so much about it now because I'm very pre-occupied with getting and feeling better. Don't worry, just be happy and enjoy your 2ww. You're almost there!!

Morning all. We were scheduled to do IUI last Sat. But...There was no sperm in DH's ejaculate. NO SPERM at all. DH did SA before. Count was low and mor-phology was bad, but it was never ZERO. This is a blow to us. It means that we could not succeed even on IVF.

I blamed my DH and I know I'm wrong for doing that. He didn't want things to happen the way it was.

I realised that I love my DH so much that I am not willing to let ttc to come in between us. We discussed things through. We're not ready for IVF. We'll take a break from now on.

It's been a long and tiring journey. I think I am preparing myself to give up on ttc (Though in my heart, I know I would never be able to do that). Thank you all for the support.

Cheeka: *Sayang* *Sayang*...i can imagine the shock you had last Sat. You prob had your moment of outburst in a moment of frustration. I am sure your DH will understand and will not blame you.. Could it be due to stress? i think stress does no good to DH's troops and if he has not abstained for 2 days before the IUI, the results wont be as great too...so i am sure there are prob some factors if he had been alright previously. so dun give up hope yet..
is a good idea to just take a break and rest for the moment...once u hav recovered, u can start again..dun give up while we still have time and can do something about it.. we wont know until we have exhausted all the options..i am also frustrated at certain times but i try very hard to think positive and so hopefully, both dh and i are in a good state for ivf in dec...

Lil: pls take care...stay back and rest welll...contineu having those foods and maybe it is just a passing phase??

Now i am a bit scared of ivf...didnt realise there are so many implications.. Doc was still saying rpeviously that it is like iui...

Ponyo, are you feeling better today??

Cheeka, is it your HB is tooo stress out and hence, there is no sperm??? Dun give up and maybe for the time being, go for a short holidays to relax b4 you try for another round of iui??

Min81, can pm me your ivf expenses with NUH??? I havnt book an appointment with Prof Wong, thinking to do it in Nov...

Hi, i am planning to go for ivf in Dec..yet to anything since i will only be meeting up with Dr Loh next wk. cos DH will be very stressed out these few mths over work and exam (his exam only ends at end of nov), i am thinking of going for hols before ivf to relax ourselves..how shd i plan for my hols? i wouldnt want to clash with any doc visits.. Shd i go for hols only before the opk is positive or as long as it is before af??

lil> hope u are feeling better now!

dream> soiui is much like short protocol of ivf. just that soiui has no ER.. u have seen dr loh previously already? u plan to do ivf in dec, then u have to go hol in nov liao.. but yr dh exams end in nov? unless u are starting in late dec, but if yrs is a long protocal, injections will start in day 21-23. but i know dr loh mentioned that his clinic wont be open in christmas holidays (but i nt sure exact dates).. u have to chk with him.. and also if he will put u in long or short.

Dear Cheeka, so sorry to hear what happened. I can imagine what a shock it was for you and DH. As hard as ttc journey is, we must remember not to let it define our happiness with our DH. There are so many other wonderful things that you share with DH to be happy about. Like Dream said, it could be just stress on your DH part. Taking a break is a good idea to relax and get a better perspective on things. Enjoy your break, enjoy and love each other and take care!

Dream and Duffy, unfortunately I'm not feeling any better. OHSS is pure hell and I hope no one else has to go through this. For the past few nights, I've been waking up with excruciating pain on my tummy and breathlessness enough to make me cry. And I'm known to have high pain threshold! Mine is supposedly a mild case so I cannot imagine what moderate and severe would be. I just hope I get better soon as I don't know how much longer I can take this.

Dream, don't worry, ivf journey and protocol is different for everyone depending on their condition. You can ask doctor if he will put you on long or short protocol. Long one are 6-7 weeks (like mine) and short ones are 7-10 days. Once you know, it will be easier to plan your holidays. I was on long protocol so after my first blood test, my first injection doesn't start till Day 21 so I went for a holiday in between.

Cheeku, i noe how frustrated it is..but do stay positve &amp; have faith.. i noe its easier said than done.. im sure since the previous sa is ok, it might due to some hormone stress.. perhaps you could discuss further with your doc &amp; do other tests so that at least if u decide to ttcing again, u know where the prob lies.

Lil ponyo, if really unbearable, pls drop email or call the nurse for help... its v dangerous if u continue to feel this way... take care!

min81, thanks for your pm! which day are u at now? any medication support from doc, i supposed not since u mentioned natural iui?

Duffy bear,

So sorry, i have not done ivf yet so unable to share the cost.. But during the ivf counselling, we were told would be around 12 k for the short protocol..

Lil Ponyo: no words can comfort u now. We sisters here will pray together for you to get well soon . If still very unwell, better go hospital ya .

GOOD MORNING all!!! Happy Tuesday and Happy TTCing!
wink.gif

Lil Ponyo, Dream &amp; Lybaby: Thanks for your words of encouragement.
smile.gif

I guess it's good that we take a break so that I dont give too much stress on DH and myself. I hope to trick my brain to give up ttcing. If only I could hate children so much so that I dont want to have any.

Lilponyo: Take care okay? Do check with gynae if you still dont get better.

Cheeka, morning. Glad tat u r in a high spirits. Hmm try not to use 'hate' coz this word is too powerful. Hehe, can juz say dislike but then try not to trick ur brain lah coz i feel not v gd. Now u juz try to relax n dont think bout ttc k coz really no1 will know wat gg to happen. So mayb when u n ur dh r less stress, u can strike naturally. Like tat time i oso stress tog w my dh till during bd, he cant perform oso. From d other ivf thread, i believe miracle will happen de. So all of us will bfp soon.
happy.gif

Lil, omg u really seem terrible. How r u feeling rite now. Rem to kep drink d isotonic water k. Drink min 3 litres of water every day k. Shoot away ur ohss.

min81, saralyn, dian tang, how u all doing?

Lil > How're you feeling today? If really bad, maybe you want to ask your doctor for protein drip. And the dr can also draw the fluid out if required.

Cheeka > Don't stress yourself out. Enjoy your couplehood time with DH, go for holidays. Leave it to nature. Embark on the ivf route only when both of you are ready and has discussed all possibilities.

Back