IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Saralyn,

See, everything worked out! So push any worries out of your mind and take good care of yourself in the 9 mths ahead.. Sending u loads and loads of positive vibes
happy.gif

Hi bbcripps and dream,

Good that u guys are planning things or have things roughly planned out.. But hor.. AF not here yet, don't give up k! Best of luck to the 2 of u!!
happy.gif

laki and min: Ya.. Didn't know it can be so "smooth" in negotiating.. Heehee.. I called and he knew what I gonna ask.. He said he already plan for me already.. Heehee.. Am glad to have such nice boss. =)

You must jiayous k.. I am waiting for you at the new thread. =)

bbcripps: no see red there is still a chance.. I live by this for my 2ww.. Haha.. Don't give up yet..

Enjoy your trip ya!

Dream: Thank you!!! *babydusts babydusts*

Yes.. I did accupuncture. (Opps, Laki, I forgot to mention this in my Stimulation and Suppression stage). Persoanlly I feel is very good..

What you mean after my first step of IVF? I started my IVF with Suppression Stage. Before IVF, I just continue taking my conceive well gold on alternate day.

Immunocal can get from OG and a distributor. I don't have the contact coz I got mine from OG. Conceive Well Gold is from Blackmore. You can get from them Watson, Guardian, Unity etc.. It is a multi-vit for women trying to conceive..

For the red dates and wolfberries, I put them into my vaccum flask with hot water and let it soak for like 15 mins and I drink it..

Yes.. Dr Loh did the IVF for me. He did all the scans, ER and ET for me throughout this IVF journey.. I spent 12K-13K for my IVF.

Saralyn, hmm for my case, my stimulation n suppression had already over. Now i juz continue w my conceive well n ensure milk n waiting to reunite w my embryos. Pray that I can b like u, bfp soon. Shower myself in ur baby dust.

Lil, dont forget to shower me oso w ur baby dust ya
happy.gif

Laki, Dr Loh asked me to take ensure milk.. Coz I told him I got so sick of egg whites.. He also told me to make sure I take more red meats so that I still have my protein..

Jiayous!!! You can make it and bfp one!!

Saralyn, I told my DH about your success and although he doesn't know you like I do, he is so happy for you too. Thinking about your success makes me want to tear. Really happy for you because we know the journey you went through
happy.gif
I pray that you will have smooth 9 months ahead! Hopefully I will BFP just like you!

Laki, thanks ;) I hope so too! Today is my second day at home and already restless!! My DH doesn't understand why it's so hard for me to relax! He said he wish doctor can put the embryos in him and he will have no problem staying at home for 2 weeks, watch tv and play computer games! Ha ha!

It will be your turn soon too so you can start prepping your and bu your body even more to prepare to receive your embryos!

Bbcrips, I have not done up the excel spreadsheet on the exact amount we've paid but in the beginning Dr Foong estimated that it will be around $15-16k. Also best in mind that I was put on long protocol. Saralyn did long protocol too so our costs is this much. It will vary based on injections needed and length of protocol. But... AF not here so there is still hope!! Don't think so much and enjoy your holiday!!

This morning, the nurse called and told us that they have frozen 5 blastocysts for me. I'm not quite sure to be happy or sad. Out of my 14 fertilised eggs, they could only get 7 good blastocyst (2 in me + 5 frozen). I suppose age could be a factor!

Another thing is that I woke up this morning with very bad stomach ache. It's a bit of cramping pain and stomach ache like food poisoning. But its not food poisoning because my DH cooked and we have been eating the same thing. Also, its been more than 12 hours since dinner. I think it could be due to my inactivity for past 2 days. I've lying flat for almost 2 days. I'm a bit worried but will try to walk around the house more today to improve digestion and blood circulation.

Saralyn, thanks for ur reply...
happy.gif

Ur boss so good & understanding... but i m not so lucky cos boss not so kind & also work stress... now jobless at home ...

Lil, haha ur dh so funny. Mayb u can try reading books n watch drama during ur 2ww. For me i already dl so many drama but didnt hve d chance to c yet. Haha so will wait till my 2ww. For ur frozen embryos, u hve gd no. 7 is a gd no. Rem lucky 7
happy.gif

I guess is ur embryos bury themselves in ur lining tat y u feel d pain.

Saralyn: Thanks for hte info! i will start preparing myself then..i ye tto read up on IVF so not sure what are the steps...guess u only stop the accupuncture after ovulation? but do u still continue taking the chinese med after ur ovulation??

hahaha...i copied down what u wrote in an excel..in case, i forget and dunno where to search from..

actually, i bought ensure milk too...but after hearing from MIL that i will put on weight easily cos it is a meal replacement, i sort of back down. maybe i will try eating more eggs and meat..i am not a big fan of meats and hav in fact been cutting them in order to lose weight..ahhaha..

Lil Ponyo: ur hubby is so funny...mayb i wouldnt mind staying at hime and just watch vcd everyday..but easier said than done..i am sure we would be nervous and jittery too..just dun think too much and enjoy this break...think of it as a break and do the stuff which u enjoy...

lil, thank you.. yes, the journey is not easy and am grateful that I managed to bfp this time round. I'm sure you will do it too..

by the way, 7 blastocysts is very good!! To get to blastocyst stage is very hard..

During my 2ww, I got alot of cramps.. both side and center.. I noticed i got this sharp pain near the belly button 2 times.. even now, when I stretched too much I can feel the pain there.. Anyway, cramp is a good sign.. maybe your embryos are digging into your comfy lining to build their home. Rest more..

dream: I stop accupuncture after my ER... And I never take chinese medicine.. I don't like the idea of mixing chinese and western medicine..

Haha.. I don't know about that.. My husband made me drink one time and I stopped.. Didn't like the taste.. Lucky is a sample pack from my MIL.. Never waste my money to go buy the tin..

Lil Ponyo: actually we are blessed to have frozen embryos ya so u shd feel happy !! Hope u feel better now on the stomachache .

Saralyn: wow ur boss is so understanding . At least you can have a good rest now .

Morning!!!

Diamond: thank you.. Trying to rest as much as I can. I get tired very easy now.. If I don't have afternoon nap, I can sleep at 8+pm..

Dian tang: ya.. You rest well too

Saralyn, yes tired is a good sign!! hee hee! I'm so restless at home already. The TV shows are beginning to repeat!! Ha ha!

Thanks, Dian Tang, Laki, Dream and Saralyn. Today, the doctor's office called up again and said 1 more embryo is frozen. So now in total, I have 6 frozen blastocysts.

I still have bad tummy cramps this morning again. Hopefully, it's okay. Last night, my Dh told me that there is nothing I can do now to hurt our success chances because it all depends on the quality of the embryo now. So that made me feel better because I was worrying for the last 2 days where the things I do are right or wrong.

Diamond, Ya.. Haha.. Rest as much as I want now.. Somehow it has become a habit of me to nap either in the morning or afternoon.. Very bad habit.. I also getting very bored at home. Feel like going out for shopping.. Thursday is Isetan Private Sales!!!! Sooo feel like going.. But after reading the news from Laki, alittle worry tot..

Lil Ponyo, Haha!! Same.. the tv programme is always repeating. I can tell my husband what are they gonna say next sometime.

Congrats on 6 frozen.. Guess you don't have to worry about your subsequent children too like Claris. Heehee..

Is true about what your DH said.. Do your best to rest as much as you can.. Everything is up to the embryos now.. I did have alot of cramps during my 2ww.. Don't worry.. I asked the nurse before when I went for my D7 BT.. She assured me it is normal..

Saralyn, ha ha! I think so too! Too much inactivity. I'm trying to walk around more now!

Laki gal, thanks for sharing the warning. Getting excited for your FET. Stay positive and have faith! You will be reunited very soon!

Laki gal,

Will be ur turn soon!
happy.gif
Your cycle starting soon? How often do u need to go back for scan?

Lil ponyo,

Hope you're having a good time resting at home
happy.gif

min81, where hve u being dis few days? Didnt 'c' u around here. Ur wounds all recover mah? When u b doing ur IUI? Ur chance to success for IUI will definetly b high
happy.gif

Af stopping all d jab, i oso dont knw when my cycle b here. Guess is either early oct or late oct. Haha. I will need to go bk for d 1st scanning on D2 then subsequently think bout 2-3 days to go back scan again. Only till ET, then will b given 3 jab to support my lining n progestone.

Laki gal,

I'm here i'm here! Haha.. Now that i'm well, spent time gai gai with hubby over wkend.. Heehee.. My wounds just still got scabs, waiting for them to go off.. But i'm all well already
happy.gif
Waiting to see gynae in 2 wks..

Looks like u'll be getting busy again when the scanning starts..Rest well and eat well to get ready to reunite with ur embryos
happy.gif

min81, glad tat u r recovering well. Good to spend time w ur dh coz once getting pregnant n gve birth, think most of d time u will b bz w ur baby. Lolz

Keep us update once u c ur gynae k, believe u will b able to start soon oso.

Yup i will b hving quite a no. of scan coz to prevent miss in detecting d big O. However now my boss resign liao, i wonder can i still proceed w me mia in office.

hi all, silently reading this thread.. was posting at the other ivf thread

dian_tang> i laughed at yr post abt yr ET, abt u scare spraying urine onto the dr! this is one of my worry if i were to start ivf..

laki gal> good luck for yr fet this coming round!

saralyn> big congrats to u!! btw, so do u take ensure mlk powder after dr loh asked u to? i PM u..

Saralyn: thanks u too rest well. If possible , try to lie down .

Lil Ponyo: wow one more !! Good la
Take care and c doc if the pain persist . Maybe can call the nurse to ask .

Lin: ha ha it is really difficult to tahan dur that time cos the nurse pressed scanner on my abdomen to c the uterus

dian_tang> good luck for yr 2ww! btw, do u feel pain when they insert the instrument to open yr v? and still must control urine? i cannot imagine..

Hi ladies,

It's been few days since my et and my tummy like getting bigger like 4-5 months pregnant, no waist line now.. >< do u girls feel the same as me? And I'm still worrying about i wasnt given progynova to support my lining.. E lining will decrease if no medication to support?

Hi Claris, me too! My tummy very hard and bloated! Don't worry about the support medicine and trust that your doctor knows what's best. I think the reason why you were not given is you were on short protocol. Both Saralyn and I were on long protocol where we went through around 3 weeks of suppression jabs to lower our estradiol. So maybe that's why we need estrogens pills now to support. So don't worry
happy.gif

Lil ponyo, so great of u Ladies ease my worries, feeling better now.. maybe that's e reason. The 1st and 2nd day felt very bad bLoatedness, now are better but the tummy is so big and hard like we are pregnant already.. >< I was wondering we haven't past 2ww e tummy already so big, if really bfp this round will it be bigger than others.. My sisters and mother keep laughing at me said ppl will give up their seat if I take mrt.. Hahaha It really looks like 4-5 months pregnants especially side view.. Omg!!!

Lil ponyo, I just done my progesterone bloodtest, they told me biG hard tummy and bLoatedness is a good sign.. So rest well and eat well okie.. ;) and have to continue eating 6-8 egg whites.. >< that's e most terrified thing I don't want to know.. Haiz

Hi all... good luck for those in 2ww!
happy.gif
So excited!

Btw, LilPonyo mentioned about long protocol. What is the difference between long protocol and short protocol? Who decides?

Thanks, Claris, that makes me feel better too! Today is my 4th day after ET and my bloating is much better.

I can't help but feeling nervous and losing positivity. Hope I can survive until end of next week.

When is your next BT?

Min81: my ET was done by dr chew.

Lin: after been poke so many times, my v seem to stretch . Ha ha You can try to take a deep breath before they insert the gadget .

dian_tang> but the dr normally nv tell me when they inserting leh, then aft they insert i will scream "pain".. so far i nv did with full bladder b4. my previous iui also on empty bladder..

Lin > From what I know, IUI and IVF ET needs to be on full bladder... with full bladder, the womb will be pushed down so easier for doctor to put the catheter right in.

Hi gals,
I be embarking on iui. Will be going 1st scanning soon. Must drink water til full bladder. Dunno how it will be like.

Is it a complicated process? After every 2days do scanning?

Hi Splw18, im doing IUI with clomid and injections this cycle. It's not that complicated... just that every 2-3 days would need to scan the follicle. During scanning, no need to have full bladder. But when doing the IUI, must have full bladder.

joyhope> ya i dunno why last time my gynae do iui for me, din ask me for full bladder lor.. haiz.

splw18> cheeka is right, scanning dun need full bladder, unless dr wants to do a pervic scan, but unlikely.. i scan on ev alternate days for at least 4 times.......

Lil Ponyo: I know it is difficult , - thoughts just flew pass anytime. maybe u can keep urself occupied by watching drama or reading. JY !!

Lin: my iui was done on full bladder too
I rem I drank lots of water and doc was held up . So I went to release , then drink again , release , repeat many times

Dian tang > Haha, I had the same experience too... when done with IUI, the first question I asked the nurses was whether I can go release... haha

Lin > Most of the time its the nurses giving us guidance. Sometimes they may be so busy that they may have overlooked. That's why its good for us to share pointers here so that we can make informed decisions.

Lin,

My iui was also done on empty bladder.. Wasn't given any instructions about that.. Just happened i felt like going to toilet a while before the procedure so i just went.. Nobody said anything leh.. Bfp though.. I know prof wong told me ivf Et need full bladder cos need guidance with abdominal ultrasound scan.. but he didn't mention for iui.. So i guess my iui experience was quite ok.. Not much discomfort..

joyhope> i think its my ex gynae style. cos the nurse nv scan my pelvic. anyway, my dh sperms sucks that time, no matter do what also doesnt matter haha

min> discomfort only when they use the instrument to open the v lor.. that one cannot no pain leh, even do hsg, pap smear also feel pain

Lil ponyo, my pregnancy bloodtest would be on 8 oct. How about urs?
happy.gif
hope e nurse dont call me these few days, hope my progesterone support is enough for this 2ww. Why are u feeling so? Me too I'm so afraid of knowing e results it's another 1 week plus only.. And I don't have much symptoms except bLoatedness and cramps occasionally. Hope te embryos are growing well and comfortably.. Hehe

Back