IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Claris, sort of, hve to wait for my review then will knw wat d nxt stage. But juz feel puzzled tat y u all retrieve so many eggs n can proceed w ET while I retrieve less than u yet doc refuse to let me proceed. Wonder itiz d diff btw private n public hospital

Lil ponyo: my et is just like doing iui.. Must have full bladder.. Before the transfer, the embrylogist came to meet us and give us a summary of the status of our eggs and embryos.. I was asked to lie down after the transfer but after an hour I got up and left.. Oo I went to pee too after 15 mins.. I can't hold my pee for too long..

Claris: rest more.. Drink more water and protein.. Hope you will be back to normal for the ET.. Ooo.. I was quite surprised the embrylogist called quite early too.. Excited for you.. Update us ya..

Laki: I went to gov n private before for my lap.. I had the date at gov hospital.. When I went for pre admission check, they cancelled my ops coz of a slight cough.. The next day I went to private and the doc operated on me 2 days later... But he gave me cough syrup and antibiotics to take during the 2 days before the ops... Thus, in my opinion, gov hospital goes by the book. If you retrieve certain no of eggs, no ET.. But for private, they will monitor you till ET. For me, my doc actually asked me how I was doing before ET.. I guess if I were to tell him I not well and showing sign of ohss, then maybe he will cancel my ET on the spot..

Claris, u got sooo many eggs.... I sooo envy....

Laki, did u ask ur doc y u can't proceed w ET??? U under private or public hospital??? I'm thinking to go to nuh for my ivf...

Min81, how r u now?? Feeling better???

Saralyn, hope u r doing fine... Dun worry tooo much ... Keep a positive thinking !!! Jia You... Jia You...

Laki gal, what's the reason to cancel ur et? Everything was okie to proceed? Why?! ><

Saralyn, u mentioned e ohss might canceled e et, I'm kind of worried..
sad.gif
r u doing d2 transfer as well? So by when the cramp will disappear? I wonder will I feeling better before e et coz just 1day ahead only.. ><

Duffy bear, but I'm at high risk of ohss wor! >< good and bad la..

Claris: I'm sure Dr Loh or the nurse will ask how you feeling on the day... If you really showing sign of ohss, let them know and assess the situation.. If you have ohss and pregnant, ohss can get worst.. Don't worry so much.. Dr told me before one of his patients retrieved 88 eggs and she was perfectly fine..

I also have cramp and bloatedness during the first few days.. I still remember my 2nd night was very bad and started diarrhea too.. But the 3rd day which was ET I was ok! Just cramp and bloated as usual.. I realised the cramp is worst if you walk.. So rest more on bed these few days..

Saralyn, tat y d only reason i can think y i cant proceed w ET was private n public hospital.

Duffy bear n claris, my doc advice me not to go for ET coz of d high risk of ohss n she say even if i wan to proceed w ET i can but d chances of success will b low so she advice me not to waste my embryos. Im w public hopspital sgh.

claris, u try H2O coz af my ER i kep take it n i dont feel any bloatness or cramp. Dis is told by d nurse so u might want to give it a try to reduce ur bloatness n cramp.

Morning all! Im doing CD2-6 clomid and seeing Doctor on CD7. This cycle will do so-iui. Hope this is the cycle!

Claris: Wow! 30 over follicles! THat's amazing!

Diantang: After ET, have to hold the bladder for two hours??? Wow! I dont think I can do that.

Just wondering, for those doing IVF, is it natural fertilization or ICSI?

Hey ladies,

Just got a call from TFC the embryologist, out of the 31 eggs only 22 are matured and 18 was fertilized.. Seeing dr Loh tmr to access whether I can proceed with Et.. Im wondering they charge for the lab work for 31 eggs but only 22 are matured. There is no need for the 9 eggs to cultivate, have to pay so much extra. Can't they just charge for the cultivation stage.. Sighz

Saralyn, yup thanks.. I'm feeling better now cramps are gone only the bLoatedness very bad, alot of wind.. Lol haha wow the patient really got so many eggs, think her pcos made her ovaries reserve so many eggs!!! Incredible.. Btw my cramp and bLoatedness get worse when I walk too.. try to reduce it..

Laki gal, I took h2o but only 1 glass. Think I should up my intake so tmr I'm good to walk..

Cheeka, I'm doing all icsi for higher chance of fertilization. During my counselling session, I was told there is a case the patient decided to split half half. Ended up nothing was fertilized for the conventional ivf. Conventional ivf is suggested only when there is above 10 mil of sperms.. My case husband sperm not alot can only go for icsi.

Claris: Woah! Amazing no!!! You did a good job! Hope you will proceed with your ET tomorrow..

Girls,

I'm having backache now.. Do you think I can use those heat pad to ease the pain?

Laki, I wish you could proceed with ET back then too but this could be all for the best. You don't want unnecessary risk. Don't worry, it will be your turn very very soon. Jia you! Now make sure your womb all "sui sui" (pretty
happy.gif
to receive your babies!
happy.gif

Claris, you have so many eggs! Good for you! Hope your assessment will be good tomorrow and you can proceed with ET immediately. I also hurt when I walk so I've been taking taxi to work and go home everyday. I told DH this morning that I'm claiming my taxi fare from him! Ha ha! Today is my 3rd day after ER and I finally feel much better today. Ha ha, I've been paying, paying, paying each time I see my doctor until I've lost track of how much now. Maybe one day during my 2ww when I have time, I will do a spreadsheet like Saralyn!

Cheeka, I'm doing ICSI and assisted hatching. It is a standard procedure for my doctor. All the best in your IUI this cycle! Sorry, I can't remember, is this your first IUI?

Saralyn and Dian_tang, thanks so much for the insight of what ET will be like. I hope I can tahan and hold my bladder! My DH says, don't get up and just ask for the bedpan and pee on the bed!!! Don't even know how to do that!

Today, I went to my doctor's clinic for a jab. It is Pregnyl, which is the same drug as the trigger shot I took. I wonder what this is for now that I'm between ER and ET. They also gave me 2 more shots to do at home after the ET.

Saralyn, I think if the heatpad is just warm, it is okay. But if it is too hot, better to wrap a towel around it to lessen the direct heat. Your story about the patient with 88 eggs is incredible.

cheeka, d doc will depend on d condition like d egg n sperm. If both egg n sperm are working well, doc will advice for natural fertilization but if either 1 of them is not performing well, ICSI will b done.

claris, wow ur eggs really gd. U hve a gd no. of embryos. I drink h2o like drinkin water haha so mayb tat y i dont feel d bloatness. U can ask ur dh to buy back for u so u wnt need to go purchase urself.

saralyn, i rem d other thread mention no heat pad is allowed during d 2ww. Prehaps u put a pillow behind ur back when u sitting down?

Lil, how come u go back to work? MC is given fm ER to ET n continue fm there rite. U shld rest at hm n wait for ur ET.

Thanks saralyn.. U feeling Better now? Is this a sign of pregnancy? So excited for u! ;)

Lil ponyo, my trigger shot is also pregnyl. Why still need it now? As the eggs are already all collected.. and prepare for et.. Hmmm I thought that is many to ripe te eggs?

Cheeka: no not for two hours . I will wet my pants ha ha . Cos my bladder easily full, so I start to drink bit by bit of 500 ml water half an hour bef the ET . By then my bladder was super full, imagine they press the scanner on your bladder .. Wow I almost cannot tahan. For that moment, I really pray hard i won't spray my urine to the doc doing the procedure lol .

Lil Ponyo: my fren also used the bed pan. But I tried before and dunno how to urine with it . So I ask nurse if I can use the toiket after ET , she said ok. But I waited abt half an hr after ET before I go urine .

I used to update the cost in excel , haven't been doing it after I start IVF .

Saralyn: ya it is ok for back , maybe warm . Definitely not for tummy . Tcm said our womb shd be not cold and not too hot too . Do u still feel any cramp at the both side ?

Lil ponyo: the pregnyl jab is your support right? If I am not wrong, this is pregnancy hormone. They used this to trick our body that we are pregnant and so we will produce more progestrone which is needed during the 2ww if our embryos really get implanted..

Lil ponyo and Claris: just curious... You took pregnyl as your trigger shot right? Do you feel your boobs and nips very sore after the jab? I experienced that and I can cry if I accidentally touched them.. Even wearing bra is such a pain..

Thanks girls... I still having the backache... Sigh..

Claris: I don't think so.. It feels like the ache I getting the day before period.
sad.gif

Dian tang: my cramp has been better.. I only will get the side cramp esp at night when my tummy will get bloated.. Morning and afternoon are perfectly fine..

Oh... i see. Thanks all for the info... I hope that I dont have to do IVF to be preggie, but just preparing myself for the worst if this round SOIUI fails --- again.
kao_sad.gif

Hi gers...afternoon...
been a long while since i log in as i was pretty busy with work and helping hubby with his assignments too...so now not just that he's stressed, i am stressed too..

How's everybody??

Saralyn: i rem ur 2WW is coming to an end...so keeping my fingers crossed for u...and lotsa good luck to u...hope that u can spread baby dusts to all of us..
anyone wiht 2ww coming to a close?
Mine still have 4-5 days but i doubt i have any chances. .. my BBT has been a bit like stock exchange..maybe it is following the global economy...sigh...

Saralyn, I doesnt feel anything for the pregnyl shot leh.. Just as normal. So ur soreness now gone already? Must think positively ya, we believe then it will comes true! ;)

Saralyn: dun lose hope yet...i heard from my frens that sometimes, early preg sysmptoms are just as similar to pms...so u never know..dun give up hope yet..rem...we must always stay positive...
happy.gif

A big pat on the shoulder for u!

Dream: thank you. Heehee.. Still hoping for the best.. And really got no courage to test at all..

Claris: Hm..... I actually had the same feeling during my suppression cycle which is lucrin.. I don't know why. Then the next cycle, 2 days before the trigger shot, I noticed abit of the soreness again.. After the trigger shot, it became worst just like my previous cycle.. I trying to see is which medicine that causes me to be like that..

The soreness is much less now. Still abit sore if I go poke them.. At least I can sleep better and wear my bra easily too. Heehee..

Laki_gal, my doctor only gave me 1 day mc for my ER. So I've been back at work since Tuesday! Walking around office very slowly like a zombie! I felt good to be back at work though, it keeps my mind busy and off IVF. My 2 weeks mc will start next Monday.

Claris, I think Saralyn is right, the Pregnyl shot is to trick the body thinking that I'm pregnant. This is because the nurse told me that my 2ww actually started today. So eventhough my eggs are not back in me yet, my bloodtest is already schedule for 2 weeks from today.

Saralyn, my boobs and nipples are sore and sensitive but not as sensitive as you describe. Maybe because I'm quite flat chested lah
happy.gif
Please try not to think too much (I know it's almost impossible) and stay positive! There is no way of knowing until the bloodtest! Yesterday, my TCM doctor was telling me that it is really really important to stay positive. When a person is happy and in good spirit, the body and the organs will naturally function better.

Cheeka, don't think about the past. Just focus on what's ahead! All the best in your IUI!

Dream, all the best ya! I'm good. I'm going for ET this Saturday.

went back for final checks with missus today,

1st follice - measured 18
2nd follice - measured 15

Doc said both are ready for Sat...

Fingers crossed

Hi gals,
I am starting my first iui. Reading all the posts, it's a lot of work. Y must measure follicles?
Is it a lot of injections? Where they poke?
I don't know how much money I will spend.
One consultation already $90 n with blood test is $300.

Thanks. I am at TMC, is it gd?

@ LaKi_gal (depressed_gal)
Thanks

@ Splw18 (medievalgal)

My missus is currently undergoing IUI @ KKH. I find the SG medical prices are really exhorbitant

1.) 300ml puregon = $220
2.) 1 x Ovaluation kit = $14.50
3.) Nurse assisted injection = $8

Spent over >$1K cash already, saving Medisave bullets for IVF.

Today learnt what is "rectum" when collecting medicine for missus, so embarrasing.

Nitro: good Luck for ur Missus IUI ... I'm so exciting for u...

Splw18, I did my SO IUI at KKH ... The whole procedure cost me ard $1.5k++ inclusive of tests and injections. The follicles need to be at least 18mm for IUI ... Tat y u oso need to go bk for scanning every 2-3 days ... As for the injections, it up to individual as every one body reacted differently... I think I had injected for 9 days... Dun worry, the doc and nurse shld be able to guide u along the way... Stay positive!!!

Nitro,

All the best for your missus' iui!
happy.gif

Lil ponyo &amp; claris,

Excited for both your ETs.. Take good care and rest well these couple of days.. Best of luck to both of u!!

Saralyn,

Your BT will be soon right? Wishing u all the best k!
happy.gif

Duffy bear,

When are u planning to see dr su?

Min81, I wanted to see Dr Su ASAP but my pregnancy pending clearance from doc in mid oct... Doc wants to make sure I'm "clean" inside and HCG drop to 0... Also, I was told that the chemo injection that I injected takes 3 months to be cleared out from my body...

I dunno if it is oki to take Chinese medicine now as I scare it "clash" with my injection ...

U gg to see DR Su too??? When u gg???Will u be seeing DR Zhou at AMK for the accupture session??

Duffy bear,

Ya, i also think it's better u wait till hcg is 0 and the injections stop.. Then u can check with the doctor is it ok if u go for tcm.. I think i'll go early oct.. I'll just go once first and see how i feel about it.. I'll give acupuncture a miss cos i'll probably get freaked out..

@ dian_tang

Thanks, i told my missus, it is going to be a miracle if we striked this 20% using IUI method, as my missus has been working late these 2 weeks, sleeping only 4-6hrs/day........

Preparing to write off these S$2K cash.

Hi hi ladies,

Thanks for the supports!
happy.gif
done my et. Dr Loh said all the embryos are good quality. And no Ah needed as the shell are normal. Both embryos are grade 1. Out of the 18 fertilized, 17 was cleaved, so freeze 15. I done a rough estimation total bill should be 13k plus. Should be very close to saralyn, paid extra of 1k plus for ER, icsi and freezing for above 15eggs. Have not include pregnancy blood test..

Claris, that's very good! All the best to your 2ww.. Be positive ya! Enjoy being queen. Heehee...

Lil ponyo: how are you? Excited about tomorrow? So excited for you and Claris..

Laki: how's your doc appointment?

Saralyn, how many medication given to u? I only got the ultrogestan and nothing else.. >< and not supposed to eat multivitamin, only folic acid is allowed.. Do u take conceive well?

Claris, huh! How come? I was given progynova which is to be taken orally once a day. Is estradiol to protect the lining.. For utrogestan is 2 capsules 3 time a day.

I asked the nurse is it ok to take conceive well she said ok. She just asked me to remember to take folic acid everday..

Which nurse gave you the medication?

Hi Claris, that's good news!! You transferred 2 embryos! You have many eggs and good quality ones too! You are all set for all your subsequently children!!
happy.gif
Thanks for informing about the multivitamins. My folic acid is part of it. So if cannot take then I need doctor to give me folic acid only. Have a wonderful 2ww!

Saralyn, yes I'm slowly getting excited about tomorrow. I've been extremely busy at work today and had no time to think. Now that the day is winding down, I'm slowly realizing how significant tomorrow is! I have a strong feeling that my doctor will only transfer 1 embryo for me. He is seriously not pro-multiple pregnancy. That's fine with me. How many did you transfer?

Laki, ya how was your check up today?

Saralyn,

May I know what is progynova for? I can't remember e nurse name.. >< how come dr Loh only prescribe me 1 medicine? And I have to continue taking metforming..

Lil, Haha! Ya, Claris is all set for her subsequent children!!

Actually busy at work is good too.. Make us think less and time pass faster too..

I put in 2 Day 2 embryos.. Same as Claris..

I remember you mention he will only put 1 right? With blastocyst and AH, the success rate is really very high.. If I am not wrong, blastocyst transfer has 70% success rate..

Claris, it is estradiol.. The nurse was explaining it is to maintain my lining so that the embryos can have a soft and Comfy bed to rest and grow strong and healthy for 9 months..

I have to continue these 2 medications till first trimester over..

I guess you are on another medication already? Metforming is for? Or you are younger and body works better?

Saralyn, so e Progynova and estradiol are the same medicine?which day are u given e medicine to protect e lining? Today my D2 and supposed to go back for bloodtest on d7 to check e lining. So can it be this medicine will be given on that bloodtest day?

Lol haha I was telling my dh that we cant possibly to have 10 more children. So most of them are to be disposed.. Hehe

Saralyn, metforming is actually for diabetes patient. And it's found that it can cure pcos. I was shocked when dr Loh told me to continue to take for 2ww and even when I'm pregnant. seriously i hate e feeling of taking it as it's for diabetes patient and I got nothing to do with it.. But no choice got to follow dr Loh instructions.. ><

Claris, Yup.. Name of the medicine is progynova.. This medicine is a hormone called estradiol.. I was given both on my ET..

For day 7 bt is to check your progestrone level.. Which is supported by the medicine given to you.. Utrogestan..

Why didn't you ask Dr Loh why need to continue Metforming? I asked the nurse today about my regular supplement.. She told me go ahead to continue..

Back