IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

hi, HSG is not painful . except a bit uncomfortable. There will be slight cramps after the procedure. Try to relax yeah
I've done HSG at KKH , I find it super painful and also quite uncomfortable ... at table while the doc is cleaning you .. he was quite rough so I felt like a piece meat being squash here and there ..then at the HSG the pain is when the dye is being shoot in ... to me ... it is bearable but super pain .. haha

I've done HSG at KKH , I find it super painful and also quite uncomfortable ... at table while the doc is cleaning you .. he was quite rough so I felt like a piece meat being squash here and there ..then at the HSG the pain is when the dye is being shoot in ... to me ... it is bearable but super pain .. haha

Wow sounds bad lol.

I think the pain level has a lot to do with the doc handling... I don't really like the Thomson doc that did mine but he was not too rough. I do like the nurse very much, she tried to make me relax and having her around made me feel better.

How's everyone? Anybody gets blood test result already? I'm here to update my status. Done my blood test on 31st aug and received result on that day also. So happy that we succeed on our 1st try, went for first scan yday. Now starting to worried and stress for the upcoming 2nd scan 2 weeks later. Yday scan only shown the yolk sac, doctor say I'm early and hope to see baby grows in next scan. For now, not sure how many weeks I am as doctor can't confirm through yday scan.hmm.

How's everyone? Anybody gets blood test result already? I'm here to update my status. Done my blood test on 31st aug and received result on that day also. So happy that we succeed on our 1st try, went for first scan yday. Now starting to worried and stress for the upcoming 2nd scan 2 weeks later. Yday scan only shown the yolk sac, doctor say I'm early and hope to see baby grows in next scan. For now, not sure how many weeks I am as doctor can't confirm through yday scan.hmm.

Congrats! So early do scan? My scan was done approximately at the time when heartbeat can be detected.. Maybe 6-8 weeks post iui...

The gestational week can be estimated from the first day of your last period.

Congrats on succeeding on your first try! Did you have IUI with KKH?

Congrats!!

Hi all

I am going for my HSG scan at nuh today and am very scared. Can i check is it very painful any advice on how to minimise any pain like eating panadol before the procedure?
I did mine at kkh.not painful to me bcoz i took panadol prior to procedures.feels more like mild menstrual cramps thereafter but i read some ladies do feel the pain...guess difers to each individu paib tolerance

Congrats! So early do scan? My scan was done approximately at the time when heartbeat can be detected.. Maybe 6-8 weeks post iui...

The gestational week can be estimated from the first day of your last period.
Hmm, if counted from my last period will be 6weeks 2 days during the scan. If counted from iui day will be 4 weeks. So I also dunnoe, my mum say count from iui day. Praying hard now that I can see a baby in my next scan.

Hmm, if counted from my last period will be 6weeks 2 days during the scan. If counted from iui day will be 4 weeks. So I also dunnoe, my mum say count from iui day. Praying hard now that I can see a baby in my next scan.

Yea, it is pretty cool to hear and see the heartbeat... Good luck to you!!! Nowadays Gynae all count from first week of cycle as they cannot confirm the exact date of conceive. But I guess for us we can!

Big congrats on being successful on your first try! :)

Hi, I had my HSG done at Thomson about 2 years ago. I was very scared like you because heard it can be painful.

So I took painkillers about 45min before the HSG. If I recall correctly I took Neurofen.

The procedure kind of pain is like severe AF cramps feeling. It's not as painful as I thought, just uncomfortable as the cramps made me felt a bit like pooping (sorry TMI haha). Not sure if the painkillers helped but it's good that you take if you're afraid of pain.

My SIL went through HSG and said she didn't felt painful. I guess everyone's threshold of pain is different.

Don't worry, try to relax and not focus on thinking that it is painful. I know it's easier said then done but this is the procedure worth going through for our TTC journey! Jia you!

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes its not painful only the cramp felt when the dye inserted. Now still feeling boated abodminal and abit feverish. If still not feeling well will have to go see doc :(

Hi JieErSun, Congrats!

Congrat!!

Congrats!

Starting my TWW Today. Need to plan how to get past the long wait..... Understand some ladies here do watch out what to/not to eat and what to/not to do. Much appreciate if anyone like to share your experience here?

Thank you everyone for your wishes, now my only wish is to have a healthy smooth pregnancy. Hoping to see fetal pole and heartbeat in next ultrasound, 9 more days to go..recently nausea symptoms on and off, doctor did gave me vit B6 to ease the nauseous but got slight side effect on me. So I never took it daily, keep having this bloatedness that makes me uncomfortable and can't slp well. Mi have some tummy fats before pregnancy, so when its bloated I look like 3mths pregnant. My mum say my tummy looks bigger than my cousin's wife who is 5 mths pregnant. Her tummy super small, maybe she doesn't have fats before pregnancy ba. Not sure what's my hcg level now, since 31st aug blood test till now.hmm...if everything goes smoothly, I'll be celebrating my 1st mother's day next year.

my wifey dun look preg. mayb she bah bah type. from behind, cannot really tell. at times, when take train, nobody give seat. me is super stressed. told her possible dun go for public. eg: out of way etc, wait for me. i pick her. Sweet right? nahz... haha. before bfp, i always fetch as well

Hi all, may I know how many cycles of IUI were you advised to take?

I had 1 cycle and planning to go for 2nd one in Oct. If the one in Oct fails, should i carry on in Nov, or just go for IVF?

I'm in my late 30s and govt subsidies will end by 40. So if I want to use it for IVF, it has to be soon...

Such a dilemma. :(

Starting my TWW Today. Need to plan how to get past the long wait..... Understand some ladies here do watch out what to/not to eat and what to/not to do. Much appreciate if anyone like to share your experience here?

Avoid cold drinks/food, raw food and I've heard of this but not sure how true - papaya.

The only thing I have to keep reminding myself during TWW is NOT to POAS like crazy. Wasted so much money on the sticks! Haha.

which hospital u are with? i have one friend succeed 1st time in IVF. one more friend so-iui failed once (still trying). same private doctor

Hi Phantom, I am currently with NUH for IUI.

It seems like there are many success cases of forumers here with KKHIVF and TMC (especially Dr SF Loh).

But I don't think I can afford private hosp rates as there are no subsidies. Which hosp are you with?

cat, yes under loh. let me share with you. such procedures are also number game. my missus is pcos. many eggs, unfortunaltely not ovalulate at the correct time etc.

as for $, yes it is exp...one visit 200+ minimally. i have whole stack of tax invoice(s) all properly filed. dare not count. i ever enquired on claiming medisave for so-iui procedure and was told possible to. pls note is only for procedure which is only 600-700 not that exp as compared to numerous checks, blood test etc etc. hence we did not proceed with claim, in case need ivf.
we seeked assistance in april 2015, and deliver smoothly in august 2016...

cat, yes under loh. let me share with you. such procedures are also number game. my missus is pcos. many eggs, unfortunaltely not ovalulate at the correct time etc.

as for $, yes it is exp...one visit 200+ minimally. i have whole stack of tax invoice(s) all properly filed. dare not count. i ever enquired on claiming medisave for so-iui procedure and was told possible to. pls note is only for procedure which is only 600-700 not that exp as compared to numerous checks, blood test etc etc. hence we did not proceed with claim, in case need ivf.
we seeked assistance in april 2015, and deliver smoothly in august 2016...

Yeah I understand... I filed my invoices from all these and dare not count too lol. Pte is worse.. I'm worried that I'll end up going for IVF, that's why am sticking to restructured hospital for now.

Congrats on your new bb! :)

Jiayou catinthesky i also at NUH havent started my IUI, should be starting in Oct. I also in my late thirties. Pray hard that we succeed soon

Thanks Wishingstar! Which doc are you seeing for IUI?

Which is your CD12? Mine should be around 2nd week of Oct. maybe we are cycle buddies!

Yeah, good luck to us! Hope we succeed in Oct :)

Dear all, anyone has dis bloatedness symptom during pregnancy? I feel so bloated till my gastric feels uncomfortable, hungry but can't eat much due to the bloating. Wanted to drink water also can't drink much..makes me feel so terrible....nausea but can't vomit... makes me so moody whole day, felt that it getting worse day by day.... :(

Dear all, anyone has dis bloatedness symptom during pregnancy? I feel so bloated till my gastric feels uncomfortable, hungry but can't eat much due to the bloating. Wanted to drink water also can't drink much..makes me feel so terrible....nausea but can't vomit... makes me so moody whole day, felt that it getting worse day by day.... :(

I ate small meals throughout the day, I had dinner at 7pm and 10pm haha. Don't go to sleep with empty stomach, if not morning will feel worse. For water wise, if can't take water then drink other fluids like juices, soup etc.. The bloatedness will go away after 4 or 5 months.

Actually if feel like vomiting very serious means the pregnancy very stable. I don't feel that worse leh. Can eat can sleep, lucky no miscarry.

my wifey dun look preg. mayb she bah bah type. from behind, cannot really tell. at times, when take train, nobody give seat. me is super stressed. told her possible dun go for public. eg: out of way etc, wait for me. i pick her. Sweet right? nahz... haha. before bfp, i always fetch as well

I also nobody give up seats... Haha always Kena stuck at the door nobody see me. Preg also need to exercise, cannot always sit car. I get car sick easily so can't even take taxi during that time. Only during last few weeks my husband fetch me to work everyday, but I still go back home take mrt after peak hour.

hi everyone
I am experiencing insomnia the last few nights. been waking up at different timing of the night n cant sleep after that.
And feel nauseous. Any tips on how to overcome? Believe should be side effects of the medicine , now in 2ww.

Hi all, new to this forum.
A little background, 35 this year, have been ttc for the past 2 years with no success. Did all the tests, no abnormality. So am going for my 1st cycle of IUI. Just had my trigger shot today, so iui on Friday. Wish me luck :)

Hi all, new to this forum.
A little background, 35 this year, have been ttc for the past 2 years with no success. Did all the tests, no abnormality. So am going for my 1st cycle of IUI. Just had my trigger shot today, so iui on Friday. Wish me luck :)

Good luck!!! Which hospital are u with?

I'm hoping to find arrays of hope from here. This week, my world felt like it have fallen apart - our 1st IUI failed (period came tues) and to make matters worst, our doc told us an unexpected bad news (on wed). Never cried so much before, only today I managed to get a better grip of my emotional state to seek for help here. Pls give me some light.

All these 3yrs TTC-ing, doc been telling us we are likely case of unexplained as all tests for both were normal. So that's been giving us decent hope for IUI. But suddenly on wed, the dr said there are some serious issues with my hubby's sperm (from the detail sperm enhancemnt report done during the 1st IUI) - 1% morphology and and parameters of total motility sperm count being too low - 0.29mn (while she was looking for 4mn), despite post-wash motility being 98%. Really confused and a shocking bad news, given last year sperm analysis was 4% morphology and progressive motility sperm was over 65%. Hearing these, we were devestated. I'm really terrified of injections, and to crash all hopes of IUI, and suggesting only IVF/ICSI got decent chance, I broke down completely. How is it from no issues, suddenly we got a big issue at hand?!

Is it really possible for sperm analysis to vary so much from no issue to suddenly serious issue? Anyone had such an encounter before? The recommendation on the latest sperm report was to try ICSI, but given my low threshold for pain, the dr said mayb we could try take some supplements to try improve the quality of the sperm first (she gave coQ10) and only 3 months later, try a second IUI to see if the post-sperm wash analysis has any improvement. If no, then we got to move on to ICSI.

Gents/ladies, what are the supplements that you/your hubby have tried to improve sperm quality? And for better egg and lining, apart from folic acid & Royal jelly what supplements do you take? Trying to put emotions aside and focus on what's left within our control to prep our bodies for the next step.

Last edited:

I'm hoping to find arrays of hope from here. This week, my world felt like it have fallen apart - our 1st IUI failed (period came tues) and to make matters worst, our doc told us an unexpected bad news (on wed). Never cried so much before, only today I managed to get a better grip of my emotional state to seek for help here. Pls give me some light.

All these 3yrs TTC-ing, doc been telling us we are likely case of unexplained as all tests for both were normal. So that's been giving us decent hope for IUI. But suddenly on wed, the dr said there are some serious issues with my hubby's sperm (from the detail sperm enhancemnt report done during the 1st IUI) - 1% morphology and and parameters of total motility sperm count being too low - 0.29mn (while she was looking for 4mn), despite post-wash motility being 98%. Really confused and a shocking bad news, given last year sperm analysis was 4% morphology and progressive motility sperm was over 65%. Hearing these, we were devestated. I'm really terrified of injections, and to crash all hopes of IUI, and suggesting only IVF/ICSI got decent chance, I broke down completely. How is it from no issues, suddenly we got a big issue at hand?!

Is it really possible for sperm analysis to vary so much from no issue to suddenly serious issue? Anyone had such an encounter before? The recommendation on the latest sperm report was to try ICSI, but given my low threshold for pain, the dr said mayb we could try take some supplements to try improve the quality of the sperm first (she gave coQ10) and only 3 months later, try a second IUI to see if the post-sperm wash analysis has any improvement. If no, then we got to move on to ICSI.

Gents/ladies, what are the supplements that you/your hubby have tried to improve sperm quality? And for better egg and lining, apart from folic acid & Royal jelly what supplements do you take? Trying to put emotions aside and focus on what's left within our control to prep our bodies for the next step.

Hi Lapin, I am sorry to hear about the failed IUI. I understand how you feel, I've TTC for 5 years, all tests normal and failed 2 IUIs.

If you do not wish to go for IVF/ICSI right now, it might be good for him to take some time to build up his body. Take more vitamins, google for sperm boosting foods (there are lots out there and it might help to change his diet for the next few months). For instance, I've read that folic acid is not just good for women, but good for boosting male fertility. I have been feeding my husband folic acid in the past months. Not sure if that was the only thing that helped but his sperm count grew from 10million something to over 30million in the recent IUI. But we failed it anyway.. I guess the problem is me.

Anyway, if you and hubby are open to it, can consider TCM treatments. There are some really good ones out there. But the thing with TCM is that patience is needed... and also stretching on the finances. It takes a few months to see improvements. Currently, my husband and I are going through TCM with acupuncture before we embark on IUI or IVF again. Besides helping women who are TTC to have stronger womb and eggs, it also supposed to help the guy boost fertility (sperm count and morphology...) Don't give up hope. With a good diet and exercise, things will improve.

I have researched around and gathered some advice from those who have succeeded:

- wear socks to bed during 2ww, as it is believed that cold wind can enter through our soles and affect the womb
- drink warm stuff only, avoid all chilled, iced drinks and especially tea
- drink red bean soup during 2ww as it helps with thickening the uterine lining
- for hubby, let him take folic acid daily as well (within the healthy range, don't overdose)
- both hubby and wife to stop caffaine as much as possible
- my TCM physician advised us to eat more seafood rather than meat. Fish and shell foods especially are good for TTC

Lastly, is your hubby's work very stressed lately? That could be one reason why his sperm quality dropped. Try to go for walks during weekend to relax his mind, or engage in some hobbies he likes to release stress.

Jia you and don't despair.. we are all fighting together :)

Back