Is this the right way Ministry of Manpower (MOM) treats us?

lousymom

How do you feel about Ministry of Manpower (MOM)?

Has MOM done its part to protect the interest of Foreign Domestic Worker's (FDW) employer who is merely a household, commoner (salaried employee) drawing monthly salary, <font color="ff0000">not operating an organisation or company</font>?

Has MOM been very pro-maid? Too concerned and friendly to FDWs, the imported manpower, assumed to be lowly paid and poorly treated in Spore?

Is MOM very pro-agency? What regulations did MOM set to provent us from paying high non-refundable agency fee and maid-loan?

When was the last time you see MOM said no to source countries unreasonable request? Example minimum salary, maid loan to be borned by employer, etc.

What regulation was set to prevent our FDW insurance from becoming zero refund value once FDW is employed for more than 181 days, in your name? Regardless she's housed in agency, runaway maid or truly a bad FDW.

Is there a MOM sub-portal for all FDW's employers to load a job description of their preferred FDWs - for better job matching and prevent maid agencies &amp; FDWs from running away from responsibilities, feedback on FDW's conduct, reasons for transfer/repatriation, etc.

Did MOM stand up to help employers who encountered bad FDWs or Employment Agencies? Which association or free-of-charge govt body has been set up to help distressed FDW's employer?

Can you identify the policies that are fair to us, the FDW's employer?

Can you tell me in what ways MOM has treated us, the citizens (employer of <font size="+2"><font color="0000ff">one FDW</font></font>, not a highly paid salaried employee) better than FDWs?

Does MOM know we are not rich, most live in small HDB unit and unable to provide single room for FDW's privacy?

Is this how a government body shows its concern to citizens? Ignore FDWs' employer, let them fight for own survival? Face the harshness? Let middle income citizens continued to be bullied by source country and maid agencies' terms .... not forgetting FDW's personal demands of a desirable employment?

8419087.jpg

child abused
letter to MOM

If above happens to your child or somebody close to you, will you clap hands and encourage maid/agency to do more? Why MOM and activists just keen to protect FDWs and pretend they are so kind .... like a saviour but ignored what employers are facing?

An e-portal is something that will be helpful if MOM allows an online documentation of each FDW, viewable by Singpass holder. This online form allows FDW's Employer to indicate what's the purpose of hiring a FDW, ensures maid agency do proper screening and job matching. It can be done by employer or maid agency as long as FDW's employers requirements can be clearly reflected in the database. Maid agencies should not interfere or chide employers for being too detailed. The to-be-hired FDW will have to ensure she knows her duties and no chance to claim job not what she expected, thus, causing her employer to suffer losses.

A section to be completed before FDW's work permit is issued and another to be completed when her services is terminated. Prospective employer looking for maid can login to the portal with Singpass to do a job history and FDW search. MOM should stop penalising employer for releasing a bad worker. Example of a proposed MOM online form should look something like this:

MOM e-portal
reasons of FDW termination

Did MOM tried to listen to us unbiased, offer practical solutions and reacted timely? When MOM received emails or calls from FDWs, their ears are opened and a heart ready to help? Whereas, emails or calls from FDWs’ employer, they auto-switch off?

If there's <font color="ff0000">NO maid loan</font>, I would buy a one way ticket and get rid of the maid. It is cheaper to buy an air ticket than to let agency earn easy money. My liabilty (guardianship) ends the moment her work permit is cancelled. Employer need to pay maid's accommodation when she's housed at agency, levy, insurance and salary of FDW who didn't work in your house.

By allowing an unsuitable FDW to be recycled (transferred), I am doing a disservice to her new employer .... if that maid remains bad, unwilling to change her working attitude.

It is MOM's policies that stopped employers from telling the truth and allowing agencies from making easy profits by doing maid transfers. Employers and some FDWs (those who really needed a job, hardworking and sincere to help their employers by lightening their load) don't stand to gain. The biggest winner is definitely employment agencies (made humans as their tools) and MOM (nothing to lose).

Dont say I'm bad.....
for allowing a bad maid to remain in Spore.

Just came across this TWC2 posting, discouraging us from telling the truth. They are trying whatsoever to cover the truth, what can we do?
http://twc2.org.sg/2013/04/30/why-are-singapores-mums-demonising-maids-online/
We are merely salaried employee, not operating an organisation or big company... how to fight for fairness?

The decision makers and activists are not keen to compare apple to apple. They simply pluck a salary and claimed FDWs are lowly paid, treated like slaves! They refused to add in levy, live-in costs (based on Spore living standard), insurance, high agency fee, maid loan, etc ... employer paying about S$1500 per month for their no-good FDWs' service.

That's the reason why i stop using maids.

I reply on myself and parents, and CC ... and also teach my kids to be independent.

Maids are pure torture to the employers, especially the current batches coming from Phils, Indo, Myanmar .... god!

I was looking for a transfer maid 6 months ago, and all of them 背台词, all cite the same reasons for transfer. Ah ma cannot get along with them ... WTF!

I have enough of them, I really hope that Singapore can find an alternate to such FT, so that they stop coming and corrupt our already overcrowded country.

MOM has to show us some concern.
<font color="ff0000">All FDWs, before boarding plane to Spore, should watch a mandatory video filmed and narrated in their native language, produced by our MOM which highlights the real work of FDWs, employment terms as per standard AEAS/CASE contract, salary, maid loan, personal safety guidelines (eg bamboo laundry/window cleaning), pregnancy, fined or jailed if violated work permit, Spore culture, <font size="+2">examples of employer's requirement and house rules, explain showing respect to employers vs 'treat us like human being/human rights'</font>, etc? To avoid FDWs sleeping or act blur when stepped into Spore, prospective employers and Sg maid agencies will interview them and ask them questions related to that mandatory video. MOM has to stop welcoming bad maids, make us accept &amp; work with unsuitable FDWs, tolerate those 'programmed' to have a free holiday in Spore - not keen to help us.</font>

Anna, thanks for offering to help with profiling but since that maid already hired by me, will keep her till my limits are reached. If I have the courage to hire another maid, will PM you. Tks.

Lousymom,
i read ur blog..
But our voices are not strong..
So many mummies complain, but none are willing to put words into action.

Im tired of getting ripped off by the agencies..
And the quality of maid they bring in...

Why do we have to tolerate? Why we pay salary?

I wish i can do a petition.
But have no idea how to.. neither the time..
In order to do a good one; need to research and may need strong back up.

Anna
How does it work?
DOB does not really equates to character.
It also depends on where and the way they are brought up.

However, its just e few of us here talking abt it..

Hi
Using numerology seem to be a rather good idea but and again, we cannot guarantee that the biodata report have been the accurate one .
I do share the similar sentiments and understand the feeling of helplessness because it is what I am going through.
I was so desperate in need of helper that I condone to the nonsense she brought to my family as long as my child safety is ensure. Jeopardize once, my son slipped and fell very badly , still I endure after telling the helper off and the seriousness, because I am so desperately in need of helper .
There goes another time , until my family members got so angry with me.

hard pain.

smiggleprince
You've read my blog.
biggrin.gif

Thought I'm using another ID ....
kao_sticktongue.gif
Guess not many special needs mummies here lor

Back