Is it safe to drink ginseng chicken soup during first trimester?

Dear mummies, is it safe to drink ginseng chicken soup during first trimester? I drank a bowl recently due to a cold and a friend told me I shouldn't drink anything with ginseng during pregnancy. Any thoughts to share?

Ginseng is not recommended for 1st trimester. But one bowl won't do any harm. Just don't take it in large quantities and avoid whenever possible.

I only know that ginseng cannot take. So far wolfberries seem to be ok. I know a no. of mummies who took wolfberries in their 1st trimester and there is no issue. But maybe you can go to a TCM doc and check. They wld know best. :)

Better eat as normal in first tri, no need extra nutrition. As long as enough folic acid will do. If really want to have something nutritious, maybe can try chicken soup (just kampung chicken+dried scallop) will do. No tonic recommended.

I think it's better to avoid Ginseng during your first trimester, or consult your doctor first. Try to avoid those extremely cooling, healing or potent in herbal additives. Lotus root soup or papaya fish soup will be good :) But be careful, dont choose those fishes with high level of mercury

My gynae said no ginseng no red dates no dang gui throughout preg coz they will cause bleeding. I had black chicken soup w/o herbs every week. It's gd enough already.

Back