is it consider child abuse?

leelyfong

My 5 years old son came back from his childcare and tell me that his teacher had punished him because he is talking in class. I checked with him, how the teacher going to punish him. He told me, the Chinese teacher just use her hands to hang up my son head without any support! My son told me..is very pain. I felt shock when my son told me this and double check with him..how the teacher did it to him. He showed me that, the teacher used her two hands pressing on my son face and just hang up my son head to very high without any support..until he said pain only lethim down! My son show me, how the teacher dId on him! I just wonder how come the teacher so brainless to do this action for a 5 yrs old kid? She don't know this action ll be so dangerous might cause the kid neck vertebra broken orhurt?? Is this call child abuse? My son said, another 2 kids there had same purnishment like him also. I asked my son, did you cry becauseof pain..He told me, he is not dare to cry. I felt so hurt pain when listen that! Should I go to that childcare find the teacher to ask about this matter? I am abit worry if I make complaint, they ll do bad for my son more in future..If i dont do anythings, it might be hurt my son in a day. I magreed kids.sometimes ll be naughty and be purnish..but, punishment is it suitable using for a kid!? I feel it is dangerous action..don't have any other good way go to purnish them except this? I just wondering...Mummy..what is yours advise. .

Last edited:
Since you are aware of the issue and there is a danger that the children may be hurt, there is a need to raise it. Preferably to someone more senior so as to keep the teacher in check, in case she acts "in revenge". And give them a chance to investigate to be fair to the teacher.

Meanwhile, perhaps you can teach your son what to do if he gets hurt by the teacher again, e.g. alert another teacher? Ask to make a phone call to you?

Back