inherit will from Dad.

mummydora

i need advise as this really causing me gotten into depression . My dad pass away 17 years ago leaving without a will. Legally all children entitled to inherit shares of his assets including My Mum.
When I was young I have signed and transferred-some of properties my shares to my Mum as we need fund to funds my brothers for further study.
After so many yeArs both of my brothers graduated from master .
Now my mum request me to transfer the rest of my dad properties to 2 of my brothers , being reason I’m married and should not have rights but to inherit any from my family as I’m a girl.
I feel cheated these years by my mum and the unfair treatment from her .
Do you think I should sign off my portion of my shares ? I’m indilemma now as my Mum keep pushing me .

That will be depend on what you think or value family.
In a way, you can don't need transfer/sign off the agreement to transfer what you own to them.
However, if it's nothing important/value to you, and they need those, then you can consider transferring to them

Thx for your advise . My family is doing very well and they do not need my share at all. My Mum standing point a married daughter should not inherit a single cents from the family as they are outsiders .
I am totally devastated and ever ask if she ever treated me as her daughter .
My sudden death of my dad I have gave up many things to support my family throughout the painful period including My studies and my ambition. I thought my scarifying is worth it as they are my family members and my brothers are very young that moment .
She uses all kinds of excuses like to use the assets to pay for her grandson education fund in future etc.
I ever thought of letting off everything and ever see them again . I felt betrayed

The monies are in your hands. You don't feel comfortable then don't give. Give only when you are comfortable to do so.

Let's reverse the situation. If today. You didn't inherit anything, but you need help financially. Will your mum help you? Will your sibling unconditionally dig into their pockets to bail you out??

Your answer to the above will guide u.

This is a good opportunity to see how you are being treated when it comes to money.

Eventually this money u inherit from your dad is something u can't bring it with u when u die. U rather to have money beside u when u die or your family.

Think back. Without your mother and brother. Will u have this family. Will u inherit anything from your your dad

Agree with that . My mum firmly stated that she should have all rights to determine the will of my dad.
I’m not sure if they will unconditionally help me if I need help financially but I will definitely help them because they are my family.
When she raised this topics , the first things that cross my mind is the fairness. My family is running business and my brothers already inherit the business cum parts of the wills .
My mum is a conservation woman and from young I already know that daughter should be hands off from the business inheritance which I didn’t question her at all. But didn’t thougt my of even my legally shares of the will she request me to transfer back to my brothers which they do not need it at all.
Sigh .
From this incident has totally draw me a clear picture of my standing in my family .

Ask your brothers about their thinking? if they feel unjust for you then i think you should allow them to hold smaller percentage of the properties you own. Tell them you will draw a will to handover to them if you pass on so the money will still be kept within your own blood family.

If they agreed to your mum’s thinking then you know next time when you are in trouble, none of them will turn up.
In good times they won’t even support you let alone bad times.

If they insist, just tell them what if i’m divorced n no one to depend on?

Last edited:
Agree with Mongkok. If you don't feel comfortable, don't give.
I believe you have did your part as a children towards your mum.
Those are given by your dad. You have every means not to give any to any of them.
They had their share as well, right? So your mum cannot demand you to give them.

Or worst come to worst, give to them, and cut all ties with them...

Thx for your advise . My family is doing very well and they do not need my share at all. My Mum standing point a married daughter should not inherit a single cents from the family as they are outsiders .
I am totally devastated and ever ask if she ever treated me as her daughter .
My sudden death of my dad I have gave up many things to support my family throughout the painful period including My studies and my ambition. I thought my scarifying is worth it as they are my family members and my brothers are very young that moment .
She uses all kinds of excuses like to use the assets to pay for her grandson education fund in future etc.
I ever thought of letting off everything and ever see them again . I felt betrayed

*Hugs*.. It's sad when your mom said these things. Have your tried talking to your mom about this issue? Your feelings..

Agree with that . My mum firmly stated that she should have all rights to determine the will of my dad.
I’m not sure if they will unconditionally help me if I need help financially but I will definitely help them because they are my family.
When she raised this topics , the first things that cross my mind is the fairness. My family is running business and my brothers already inherit the business cum parts of the wills .
My mum is a conservation woman and from young I already know that daughter should be hands off from the business inheritance which I didn’t question her at all. But didn’t thougt my of even my legally shares of the will she request me to transfer back to my brothers which they do not need it at all.
Sigh .
From this incident has totally draw me a clear picture of my standing in my family .

I find difficulty accepting your mum's belief that she should have the rights to determine your dad's will. If this was his intention, he would give her 100% share so she can reallocate the assets amongst the children. This was not the case.

Fact is your dad left you a share and that amount is rightfully yours. You shouldn't be pressured to transfer it out if you don't wish to..

i need advise as this really causing me gotten into depression . My dad pass away 17 years ago leaving without a will. Legally all children entitled to inherit shares of his assets including My Mum.
When I was young I have signed and transferred-some of properties my shares to my Mum as we need fund to funds my brothers for further study.
After so many yeArs both of my brothers graduated from master .
Now my mum request me to transfer the rest of my dad properties to 2 of my brothers , being reason I’m married and should not have rights but to inherit any from my family as I’m a girl.
I feel cheated these years by my mum and the unfair treatment from her .
Do you think I should sign off my portion of my shares ? I’m indilemma now as my Mum keep pushing me .
You can have a win-win situation if you make a will. (If you are willing), give your 2 brothers more than 50% of what your father left for you and keep for yourself the rest of what your father left for you. The reason why I suggested give your 2 brothers more than 50% is to shut your mum's mouth. I believe she can't go round complaining to people about you if you give your 2 brothers more and left less for yourself. Once you draw up a will, they have to respect you. If they don't respect you, you can change the will to reduce their share.

Back