Infant Care Centres

Hi,

I was introduce by my sister's frd & went down to explore abit & spoke to the staff there.

I didn't search for other infant care cos this is the nearest to my hse & its newly open.

I am paying $577 a month after the $600 goverment subsidy. & another good thing is, it operates from 7am - 9PM.... (means no need to rush back home)

Hi Audrey,

I do understand that some infant care operate till 9pm but you may need to pay extra if you plan to put ur infant there till 9pm. Is ur S$577 fee till 9pm or 7pm?

Hi Audrey,

How was your baby first week at the infant care? I called faith and they are full for the next year
sad.gif

Hi brink,

Overall was good, jus tat they have got a new caregiver & she is quite careless.

happen to saw her handling another baby boy whose neck is not yet stable & she was carrying him over her shoulder without any support at his neck & he almost fell backwards.

Hi Audrey,

Really ah...but think have to look at the good side more if placing infant there. I may place my infant at ntuc infant care at compassvale as so far it seems to be the best option other than faith. Other than placing your infant in infant care, have you thought about getting a nanny to take care of her before you decide to place her in infant care? You have any contacts on that? If I can find a caretaker I may just place my infant with her
happy.gif
but so far no luck on that. Think I better post a thread to ask around..

hmmm... i did consider nanny before but change my mind due to the recent case.

NANNY
& as for nanny, good cos flexible time but she will be a total stranger to me & she can do watever she wants in house/ bring the baby out to run some errands/ eat junk food/ watch tv etcs...

INFANT CARE
No doubt they are more prone to sickness, but other den tis i dun think there are any negative feedbacks. Their windows are always open/ they wouldn't bring the babies out/ no junk food/ no tv/ they are specially trained.

Above are my comments...

I do have a nanny's contact who is staying around sengkang & her charges is about $650-$700 (12hours;5days). PM me if u want her contact (but dun know if she is still available)

Hi Audrey,

Can I have the contact...thanks.Send u a pm already...Oh by the way, is this nanny a experience person with a track record? where u get to know her.
Thanks

Hi may I know if anyone has comments on Sunny Bunny Montessori at Sin Ming Rd? Or any good infant care centre around Bishan area?

i have a question to ask, we will require to label our child milk bottles right? How do you mummies normally do it? By marker pen ? Does it affect the bottle/tits when sterilizing it ??

Hi Blue roses,

For me, I went to make the name label (waterproof) sticker to place on the milk bottle.
However, maybe due to too small or so ... teacher will still use the marker pen to indicate child names on the bottles. I had checked with them and they say it is ok and this has been in practise for so long ...
Hope it helps ....

Hi,
I wanna go over to visit Just Kids in Bt Batok one of these days. Trying to see if I can visit during the afternoon, which I think is very difficult. :p

hi, any comments for this infant care ?

Raffles KinderCare Pte Ltd
(Upp Aljunied)
Blk 17 Joo Seng Road
#03-133, Singapore 360017

Hi star_berry,
Had you eventually put your baby with the Learning Kidz @ Serangoon Central? Any comment? As i am considering this infant care as well.

hi mummies,

I m considering of putting my No 2 in the following centres :

1) MP Kids (Just kids at Marine Parine)
2) Little Empire (Used to be Babies Inc TK)
3) Academy Kidz.

would appreciate any comments from mummies with infants placed in the a/m infant care centres.

Thanks in advance.

any good ones in the east? i stay tampines. been to joewe to looksee and another one at simei (cant rem the name offhand)...infantcare. looking for one with highly qualified teachers and good environment...been surfing all over..seems like the highly recommended ones are elsewhere?

U can try Fengshan sparkletots at Bedok North Blk 184. I put my 2 kids there and happy with their service.

Hi

Anyone has comments or experience with Elfa Infant care @ Serangoon? (next to serangoon MRT station. Pls share your experiences/thoughts with me. Thanks!

Cheers,
Jaslyn

I've heard some good things bout Little Empire, like it's organized and the staff seem knowledgeable. I've some pretty bad reviews on Academy Kidz though.

i've visited quite a few at bukit batok. personally find sparkletots bukit gombak n justkids at bukit batok pretty well maintained.

admission for sparkletots slightly harder due to their limited vacancies. justkids can take in more kids. but becos of price diff of abt 200bucks, decided to go with sparkletots. n another reason is walking distance from my parents hm. since dey'll be picking up de kid for me.

District parents have little access to licensed child care for their infants and toddlers, a critical period in a child’s development that if wasted could set them back developmentally for life, a new report finds 70-643 exam.

The supply of center-based care for infants and toddlers is so small and prohibitively expensive that the option simply doesn’t exist for much of D.C.’s low-income population, according to “Infants & Toddlers in the District of Columbia 70-648 exam
: A Needs Assessment,” issued this week by the State Board of Education. The study was prepared by HyeSook Chung, an early care and education consultant hired by the board.

Does anyone have any feedback on Faith Infant care at buangkok mrt ? Appreciate if you will let me know how's the teachers, centre and hygiene so far. Thinking of enrolling my new born bb there when he's 3mth old.
Email me if you find more convenient:
[email protected]

Thanks!

Hi, I need to find an infant care centre in Punggol for my boy for next yr when I return to work. Anyone has any good recommendation?

Thank u in advance.

LittleNest,
DO u mind a Sengkang one? I am staying too at punggol but my BB is now at NTUC Infant Care centre at compassvale walk. I am very very please with the centre and the staff. I felt safe putting my BB there and work with ease. It's never easy to find an infant care centre that put u at ease. U have to book early though.. currently it's full.

How about Bright Kids? I've check with Q dees they are booked till June next yr. These 2 centres are the closest to home. I've to find one asap as I am going back to work in Jan. :-(

Mm.. personally I dun suggest Bright Kids unless I dun have a choice.. I heard mix comments about that place. I heard that the infant care and the childcare areas are together.. That air in the area also feels stagnant/warm to me. Personally I went there b4 I dun quite like it. I dun like to compromise my BB safety and comfort. Perhaps, u go and see for urself and talk to the staff there. Anyway, my NTUC Infant centre is separated from its childcare centre and currently has one slot available if u are interested. It will be troublesome for u unless u drive, since it's at Sengkang.

By the way, the BrightKids is at the basement , near the carpark, which I feel it contribute to the stagnant air there esp, in the afternoon.

Hi all,

Would like to share what happened to my daughter while in infant care with all of you.

My 10 mth old daughter was badly bitten on the cheek by an older baby (17+ mths) whilst in infant care. Her skin was scrapped off and she now bears an scar on her face.

According to the school, the boy is a serial bitter and my daughter wasn't the 1st 'victim' though, she suffered the worst bite. The school's solution was to arrange for an 'early' transfer for the boy into playgroup.

I do not want to see this happen to anyone elses baby. So parents, while you're checking out the schools, please ask them on how they will handle such issues. What my daughter's school did was to transfer the "problem" from one pocket into another.

Hi all!!

Anyone can recommend a good infant care in Pasir Ris? Saw Nissi Childcare and Development Centre on the internet. Any comments on that?

hi babymoon,
Are you at the Ntuc infant care at Blk 230 ?
I am thinking of enrolling my 3 mth+ bb there too. How's the infant care centre ? Did your bb fall sick easily there ? Appreciate your comments. pls email me : [email protected] as need to quickly make a decision or the place will be given up. Thanks.

Hi mummies, I'll have my first child in May 2010. I stay at Choa Chu Kang Ave 4, I need information on nearby infant care or a nanny....
Appreciate your help...
Thank you.

shirley, flexi hour infantcare for non working mommy is very exp.. there is no subsidy and i think it ranges abt 1k, depending on the sch u pick.

hi.. does anyone have any info on carpe diem infantcare at pico?

im looking for infantcare for my 8 mth old boy because i intend to go back to work. how much does an average infantcare centre cost anyway? totally clueless. can someone help to advise?

Cindy, infant care usually rather ex in my opinion >1k. may be under 1k for some after subsidies.

on the pico centre, saw that they have something on facebook when I did a google some time back. hope the below link work, else you may want to google as well....

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Carpe-Diem-Juniors/111788415514316?ref=ts

Back