How do you know your EDD ???

Hi MTBs, pls advise how do you roughly gauge when is your baby's EDD before seeing a gynae when you have a 21 days menses cycle window, instead of the usual 28 days cycle?

Example: Your FDLMP (First Day of Last Menses Period) is 1 Apr 2016 and have a 21-Day menses cycle each month. You tested yourself to be pregnant (Positive) using a pregnancy test kit. Pls advise the EDD.

Thank you & hope to hear some great replies.

Your preferred gynac will tell you your EDD date. Do note that this is just an estimate date, most ppl either pop 1 week before or after this magical date.

Your preferred gynac will tell you your EDD date. Do note that this is just an estimate date, most ppl either pop 1 week before or after this magical date.

Hi thanks for your reply. Today I met my gynae for the 1st time but he didn't give me any EDD and we also forget to ask him. Through the ultrasound scan did today, the little embryo seems too small, nearly undetectable and the scariest part was the gynae had so much or almost no way to detect the blood flow using his system's color droplet technology. In the end he had to use a special function to pick up the embryo's super soft heartbeats. Gynae did mention one thing he can't really understand why the embryo's heartbeat was so slow? It should be beating really fast by right. Is this normal for a 6-weeks plus embryo?????

Anyway I was at first extremely worried (almost tears) because doc just can't find the blood flow and heartbeat initially. But I came to slight ease when he finally detected those super faint & slow heartbeats. Before leaving the clinic, gynae gave me an injection (said to be protection for baby use) but I don't know what medication was that. Does anyone of you know?????

Well I hope and pray hard everything will be better the next time I visit the gynae again. God bless.

Hello mu
Hi thanks for your reply. Today I met my gynae for the 1st time but he didn't give me any EDD and we also forget to ask him. Through the ultrasound scan did today, the little embryo seems too small, nearly undetectable and the scariest part was the gynae had so much or almost no way to detect the blood flow using his system's color droplet technology. In the end he had to use a special function to pick up the embryo's super soft heartbeats. Gynae did mention one thing he can't really understand why the embryo's heartbeat was so slow? It should be beating really fast by right. Is this normal for a 6-weeks plus embryo?????

Anyway I was at first extremely worried (almost tears) because doc just can't find the blood flow and heartbeat initially. But I came to slight ease when he finally detected those super faint & slow heartbeats. Before leaving the clinic, gynae gave me an injection (said to be protection for baby use) but I don't know what medication was that. Does anyone of you know?????

Well I hope and pray hard everything will be better the next time I visit the gynae again. God bless.

Hello mummy, I am glad that you went to see a gynac so that he/she can give you a proper assessment and prescribe things that will protect your baby.

If you still feel super worry, there is no harm to visit another gynac for a 2nd option, however if you decide to do this, please call up the original clinic to find out what is the jab they gave you, also bring along all the medication (If any) when you go see the 2nd gynac for 2nd opinion, he/she need to know so as to avoid drug overdose situation.

All will turn out ok for your family de, if possible, try to worry less ok. jia you.

Hello mummy, I am glad that you went to see a gynac so that he/she can give you a proper assessment and prescribe things that will protect your baby.

If you still feel super worry, there is no harm to visit another gynac for a 2nd option, however if you decide to do this, please call up the original clinic to find out what is the jab they gave you, also bring along all the medication (If any) when you go see the 2nd gynac for 2nd opinion, he/she need to know so as to avoid drug overdose situation.

All will turn out ok for your family de, if possible, try to worry less ok. jia you.

Hi aaa111, thank you once again for your prompt reply. I will heed your advice.

Do you happen to know normally what type of injections are given to pregnant mums during the first 6 weeks of pregnancy??? Is it Progesterone injection ??? I went to read up the usual injection that was usually prescribed and injected onto the mums are call Progesterone jab. Heard that this kind of jab is to safekeep and protect baby in a way.

Hi aaa111, thank you once again for your prompt reply. I will heed your advice.

Do you happen to know normally what type of injections are given to pregnant mums during the first 6 weeks of pregnancy??? Is it Progesterone injection ??? I went to read up the usual injection that was usually prescribed and injected onto the mums are call Progesterone jab. Heard that this kind of jab is to safekeep and protect baby in a way.

Hello, honestly I am not familiar with the jab. But alsways be on the safer side. Call the clinic to find out exactly what you have been given. Incidentally, the jab you might have been given might have been spell out on the itemized bill that they gave you before you leave clinic.

Cheers

Hello, honestly I am not familiar with the jab. But alsways be on the safer side. Call the clinic to find out exactly what you have been given. Incidentally, the jab you might have been given might have been spell out on the itemized bill that they gave you before you leave clinic.

Cheers

No leh. The receptionist didn't present us the itemised official receipt. My husband merely just used NETS to pay off directly and what he got back was the NETS receipt only.

No leh. The receptionist didn't present us the itemised official receipt. My husband merely just used NETS to pay off directly and what he got back was the NETS receipt only.

Hello, this is so strange ya. I do not doubt your ah lao or your words, but other ppl who goes to this clinic who actually need an invoice to claim from their company staff benefit will have a lot of problem. HR dept is highly unlikely to accept just the nets receipt as sufficient proof. They will most likely demand to see an invoice from the clinic before making the pay out. make sense to you?

Cheers

Hello, this is so strange ya. I do not doubt your ah lao or your words, but other ppl who goes to this clinic who actually need an invoice to claim from their company staff benefit will have a lot of problem. HR dept is highly unlikely to accept just the nets receipt as sufficient proof. They will most likely demand to see an invoice from the clinic before making the pay out. make sense to you?

Cheers

Don't know leh. Yesterday the assistant just use a pen to roughly write down the charges on a scrap paper while I was on the phone talking to someone. She told us we need to pay $XXX. So hubby just asked using NETS or Credit Card, she replied only NETS is acceptable. Then he paid NETS and got back the NETS receipt only. Nothing else and when I asked him did he know what's the breakdown of the itemised billing, hubby replied saying the assistant said this this this and total amount is this. But he is certain no official clinic receipt with itemised billing stated. I also find it weird actually but we went off as I was in a hurry to the ladies after tolerating so much urine after the scan.

The jab is most probably to stable the pregnancy. I have friends who had those. 6 weeks is still early to detect proper heartbeat, usually heartbeat will appear around 7-8weeks. Dont think too much and enjoy ur pregnancy!

The jab is most probably to stable the pregnancy. I have friends who had those. 6 weeks is still early to detect proper heartbeat, usually heartbeat will appear around 7-8weeks. Dont think too much and enjoy ur pregnancy!

Hi ReiPie, thanks for your reply too! You made me feel slightly at ease after hearing from you that fetal's heartbeats usually appear from week 7 onwards.

Back