Hospital Bills at Raffles Hospital

Hi Joanne,
Like the others on the thread, i delevered my two boys at Raffles too. Overall, its a very pleasant experience at the hospital. Cost wise, I think it is very competitive as I've compared the price from other hospitals ..KKH, TMC, Gleneagles, I think RH price is ok. Mine is an emergency C-sect, total bill abt $6500 in 2003 in a single-bedder and hubby stayed overnite incl meals too, 2nd child also c-sct at 2-bedded (good enough as RH will try not to put another patient if the other rooms are avail), cost abt $4k in '05. Now maybe slightly higher but there is more subsidy I supposed

i delivered 3 months ago in RH -

Cash Paid was about $2500 for me and baby.
Assisted Delivery <vacuum> + epidural in 2 bedded.

Honestly, I quite enjoy my stay there, nothing to complain about reall, except -.
I find the consultation pkg is one of the more expensive ones around. None of my frens paid this much for their pkg! this is the only heartache la....but since mommy and baby all are good and happy - its worth it!!

Is the hospital bill (before CPF deduction) at Raffles much more exp den TMC? Im still debating between these 2.

I saw that TMC offer FBI package which can have discounts on consultations, etc. whereas Raffles have a 2.2k anenatal package. Not sure abt the consultation costs at TMC though. Another thing is TMC is abit far and not v accessible leh...

Could you advise me? Thx.

oh dear....i came in too late, sorry corrine - i didnt keep up with this thread....hope you'll catch this still.

my gynae was dr koh gim hwee and i choose the 2 bedded.

hi cheerios,

to be precise, yes RH is confirm more ex than TMC. the anenatal pkg w/out delivery was 1600 (2200 is including delivery but they usually will take that out).

at TMC u could easily get pkg at half the price or more!

BUT i honestly have no regrets. i like that it is not too crowded, quiet, nice food. the nursery is cool too. just be prepared some of the nurses are students, filipinos, but for me it is no issue. some of the staff are real nice.

i also didnt go TMC bcos it was honestly too far. maybe i will try there next time...haha

my gynae dr koh gim hwee too. He is wonderful!! and raffles hospital is the PERFECT place to deliver.. the whole team was excellent.. esp Helen.. n the midwives there.

hey joanne......... finally i hear someone who shared the same gynae!

when did u deliver? yea he is great but it would have been better if he not forgotten to do the birth planning with me.....

I'm considering betw RH and Mt A for delievery. I'm seeing gynae from RH, but he can do del at MtA as well. I did not took up the anenatal pkg at RH.. only pay as n when i go visit him.

From the price RH gave me and the price stated on MtA's website, RH is cheaper to my surprise.

Anyone can shared their detail bill from RH? I scared that there's be some extra or hidden charges.. :p

ThankSS

Hi Joanne &amp; Mrs Ko, where is Dr Koh Gim Hwee clinic? Is he patient to answer ignorant questions from 1st timer mummy? Do you think it is necessary to take up antenatal pkg at RH?

hi hi dr koh is normally at tampines except tues n wed afternoon he s at raffles hosp (bugis)he is super patient not the sarcastic type. u can ask him anything.. but if ur expecting a very decisive gynae who will tell u everything on his own initiative thn dun see him. cos he's not those talkative type.. in fact he is a very quiet person but gentle, patient kind and pro.

i took antenatal package, all in natural wth epi cash around 3k plus. but it was a WONDERFUL experience. Place was nice n quiet, nurses was efficient. Delivery suite was calm n cosy.

CHeers! n congrats!

i agree with joanne TOTALLY. honestly, during my first few visits, i was hesitant abt whether i should stay on with him bcos he really is not the talkative type and he is the u ask then u get e answer, no ask no advice type. but due to the location, i sticked to him.

my dearie was delivered in the super fast no pain manner, thou this is dunno good or bad la. haha.... but good thing is i'm safe and my baby is safe so i am happy. i even went back to him for my yearly check up still. just saw him this june i think.

it took me more than 6months which is like nearly delivery that i became more comfortable with him..... mainly bcos i dunno what to ask hence not much conversation with him. the consultation is usually short and end with 'ya the baby is fine".

humm............so if u ask me if i will go back to him or not.....humm, i might chose to look around unless no choice then i will go back to him. this is becos i do like drs who volunteer info. when i was a first time mom i dint know what to ask and if i remember correctly i only asked 3 questions. since then, there was no more questions from me, and hence no more information from him.

but all in all, its just him. he's just quiet but defnitely a caring doc.

as for anenatal claases - Thomson's the best i think.

u see how ya!!

me too my delivery was totally beautiful! fast n painless!!! he s speculations also quite accurate. I recommend him actually cos he really is a doctor witha good heart! nskills la, his stitching is excellent i would say since i din had any pain of any sort after delivery can walk by night time. i din had episiotomy at request but gt slight tear.

haha yes, i was walking fine e next day and the wound heal fast. when i saw him in june - he said i should consider e 2nd one already....... faint.

Hi all, my gynae is Dr Koh Gim Kwee too! I just delivered in November. He is fantastic! I would strongly recommend him. Definitely going back to him when I have the 2nd one.

Anyone in facebook? Care to add me? [email protected] (do indicate you are from forum cause i seldom add people )

I'm seeing Doc Koh nw...delivered my 2nd girl wif him n find tat he's a caring n patient doc..thus am gg bk to him for this labour too...

Dr Koh is on newspaper. He kana fined 10K for performing unapproved procedure on patients. He was my gynae 4 years ago.

ya feel so sad for him, i personally find him a very nice gynae.. a bit surprised by the news. bt he is a very quiet gynae who doest really tells u much unless u ask.....

Ya I was shocked to read e news too..feel sad for him too cos he is a patient gynae except tat he's too quiet..I tink his clinic will b greatly affected by this case. I was seeing him den decided to switch gynae n delivered at Mount A instead for my third child cos RH has increased their hospital bills..hv to pay much more, compared to 4 yrs ago wen I delivered tat time.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanna share my experience and thoughts on Dr. Koh from Raffles.

He was my gynae when I delivered my son in Dec 2008. I find that he is a very nice and gentle person. True he don't talk much but he will answer any questions you ask.

My first delivery was a breeze. Thanks to Dr. Koh, I delivered my baby normally. He took note that I wanted to my first delivery to be normal and he tried his best to help me. He did prewarned me that I must be prepared to go for c-section if situation arise cos my baby's head was a bit too big. So I was mentally prepared for any situation.

He also get the PD to be on standby in the delivery room in case I have complications. Up till now my son still sees the same PD at Raffles.

Was very sorry to hear about his news in the paper. I guess its just one of those unfortunate incident.

I tink it's his quietness which landed him into trouble. He didn't info e patient abt e risk involved..cos frm wat I understand, a person who has gone thr 2 times c-sect can't hv normal delivery aft tat. As an experienced gynae, he shd hv warned his patient the risk. Do agree tat he is a caring gynae but in a quiet manner.

Yes I like him and think he s a good gynae. Very quiet otherwise v patient and gentle. I did tell him that i did not want an episiotomy and he too explained that if deem needed he will do it. At the end i had a slight natural tear but he din do epi for me. I was very happy about it.

Whether he did inform patient or not only they will know. Personally, whn i was preggy i made a lot of effort to find out about how to care for my pregnancy n delivery. I din solely rely on my gynae to tell me everything, its your baby afterall. I do feel sad for the mommy too , and yes its just one unfortunate isolate case.

Hi, may i know whats 's e story abt?? It seems serious!! Where can i get e story?

Sorry i'd not got newspapers in e house for years...

may i ask apart from room sizes and lack of privacy, is the 4 bedded at RH comfortable? I am still deciding hard between single bed and 4-bedded, hoping to save some cost from delivery.

sing yee, go for double then... if u have no roomie, u get the whole room to yourself. if rmbr correctly there s only one 4 bedded at RH. and if u ask fr 4 bedded n its full i think u get a free upgrade to 2 bedded. if u ask me all is comfortable. RH is really a nice place fr delivery, quiet n cosy.

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the advice. I visited RH last week after check up and decided to just take up the single bed so that hubby can stay with me.

Did popped in to take a look at their 4-bedded..seems dark and noisy to me as everyone just drew their bed curtains for own privacy.

Back