HK Ho review

Ellana

Dear mummies,

I would like to share my thoughts about my gynae HK Ho. He was my first gynae, and I came to know him through reading the reviews on online posts. One thing that stood out was how many mommies commented Dr Ho was good at stitching. I couldn't tell if that meant c section stitch or episotomy.

Anyhow, I didn't really had a good experience with him nor his clinic staff. I find them very mercenary. And the clinic charged me a freaking $10 for urine dipstick each time, when it should have been free. That dipstick brand was some generic brand, and would have cost less than 5c per pc I am sure.

There were times when they did the heartbeat monitor.. and sometimes it didn't record well.. and made me do again with double charges at $50 per time.

What got me most upset was having to do c section, and until now I don't really know what was the real reason.

I had contractions on a Wednesday wee morning .. and I heard that Wednesdays are his c section days. Could it have been more convenient for him to do c section?

And what really got to me were these subsequent observations
1) one of the ward staff heard I had c section.. she actually said some drs recommend c section because they can make more $.. how sucky to hear that right
2) the nurses are all super afraid of him.. they had to check and double check I was around before he came. Once I was in the toilet and not seeing me.. he bellowed , "where is my patient?!?!" If a doctor doesn't respect nurses , I won't respect him either
3) I was friggin charged $80 for procedure fee to remove and redress my bandage on top of consult..Argh
4)when I told my 2nd gynae the name of Dr Ho , his facial expression gave me the sense that they were not on good terms. Or that Dr Ho's reputation amongst the OBGYN is suspect... Btw my 2nd gynae is so much more amazing. He will even tell me there is no need to scan at some visits and helps me save money.

So I definitely had a unpleasant experience. In fact I felt rushed Into a c section as it saved time and can charge more. I will never ever go back to him nor will recommend any of my friends there.

Hey! Was scrolling through the forum and chance upon your review on Dr Ho. Dr Ho is also my gynae and I am currently seeing him for my second baby. He’s actually very pro natural. I remembered I was very worried about natural birth after watching the birthing process and asked him for c-sect. He kept advising me against it. Agree that his charges are on the steep side, but it’s definitely worth it for the level of skill and care I receive. Both my pregnancies are not easy, but I know I am in good hands under Dr Ho, as he’s always cautious and alert for any potential problems.

Apart from being very professional, he’s also a very caring and dedicated doctor. As I had problems during my pregnancy, there were many occasions where I needed to see him off office hours. He never fail to turn up timely to check on me and has always been very reassuring.

During my first pregnancy, I also had to stay in the hospital for a period of time. I remember the ward nurses Dr Ho upholds very high standards and allow no room for error, so I am in good hands. This may explain why he can be stern at times to the nurses.

I must also say for a good doctor like him, the wait is always extremely long. However the nurses are all very warm and friendly despite all the overtime they may have to put in.

I am glad I found Dr Ho through my friend’s recommendations, and will definitely recommend him to others too.

Hi! Sorry about your bad experience with Dr Ho HK. I had my #1 with Dr Ho HK in 2016 and now chose to go back to him for my #2. Incidentally i gave birth on a Wednesday via natural birth. I had trouble pushing and took rather long. He did not mention Csec at all and i gave birth with vacuum assist in the end.

I found that though pricey and having long waiting times, he leaves nothing to chance and this is something i really like about him and his clinic. My recovery I found was rather fast compared to my friends, and relatively did not feel the pain too badly. He checked on me everyday like a kind and patient father, and ultimately i feel like i can trust him.

After going to another gynae this time round i still decided to go back to him! Pockets burning but i feel like i’m in good hands :)

Hi I have expecting my 3rd child and yes I am definitely going back to Dr Ho who helped me delivered my 1st and 2nd via natural birth. Agree that his charges are pretty steep, but his stitching is definitely impressive. I could get off the bed and walk without any pain the next day after giving birth. We are happy to be in good hands. He provided good advice and is a very caring gynae.

I Guess there will be detractors and supporters. I’m just on of the detractors. I read all the positive reviews online too and went to seen him. To be fair, there was one good thing he did, which was to assigned Dr Terence Tan as my PD. Terence Tan is absolutely AMAZING. Pls ask for him too.

Also, I’m not sure if the Clinic has done so but I hope you mommies visiting dr Ho can recommend him to upgrade his ultrasound machine. Image is super old and super blur but charge still the same as clinics with new machines.

As for my Gynae, I have found my preferred and will only visit him from now on.

Dear mummies,

I would like to share my thoughts about my gynae HK Ho. He was my first gynae, and I came to know him through reading the reviews on online posts. One thing that stood out was how many mommies commented Dr Ho was good at stitching. I couldn't tell if that meant c section stitch or episotomy.

Anyhow, I didn't really had a good experience with him nor his clinic staff. I find them very mercenary. And the clinic charged me a freaking $10 for urine dipstick each time, when it should have been free. That dipstick brand was some generic brand, and would have cost less than 5c per pc I am sure.

There were times when they did the heartbeat monitor.. and sometimes it didn't record well.. and made me do again with double charges at $50 per time.

What got me most upset was having to do c section, and until now I don't really know what was the real reason.

I had contractions on a Wednesday wee morning .. and I heard that Wednesdays are his c section days. Could it have been more convenient for him to do c section?

And what really got to me were these subsequent observations
1) one of the ward staff heard I had c section.. she actually said some drs recommend c section because they can make more $.. how sucky to hear that right
2) the nurses are all super afraid of him.. they had to check and double check I was around before he came. Once I was in the toilet and not seeing me.. he bellowed , "where is my patient?!?!" If a doctor doesn't respect nurses , I won't respect him either
3) I was friggin charged $80 for procedure fee to remove and redress my bandage on top of consult..Argh
4)when I told my 2nd gynae the name of Dr Ho , his facial expression gave me the sense that they were not on good terms. Or that Dr Ho's reputation amongst the OBGYN is suspect... Btw my 2nd gynae is so much more amazing. He will even tell me there is no need to scan at some visits and helps me save money.

So I definitely had a unpleasant experience. In fact I felt rushed Into a c section as it saved time and can charge more. I will never ever go back to him Nor will recommend any of my friends there.

Hi can PM me who is your 2nd gynae?

Sorry to hear abt your unpleasant experience with Dr. Ho. He is my gynae for my number 1 and I have decided to go back to him this time again for number 2 due to his professionalism and he is friendly too. Yes, his fee is expensive and very frequest visit...
During my labor, i apparently had a difficult birth ( I was on epidural so i had no idea how pain it was) but i managed to give birth naturally with the help of Dr.Ho. According to the mid wife in the delivery suite, if i were under other gynae, i would have gone for emergency c-sect! Thankfully for his skill and experience, i did not end up with c-sect! Not to mention his stitching ( he is very proud of it), consider the amount of "tear" i have, i did not feel any difficulty after 1st day of delivering. I got the second assurance from the nurses in the ward, they told me I am very lucky to be under Dr.Ho and rest assured about my post delivery recovery. For me, i want a skilled and experience gynae to help me during my delivery so I will recommend my friends to go for him if they are able to.

Back