Help! Pain when attempting intercourse

Jasmine23

Hi all... really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this. Been married for a year and each time we try to have intercourse, it will be too painful for me the moment we try such that I have to stop. I had endometriosis previously and got the cyst removed. I read up that endometriosis caused painful sex. We really wanna have kids but now v stressed with the inability to have sex! There seems to be blockage and sharp pain when trying to penetrate. Not sure which gynae to go for too, as I prefer a gentle and nice female gynae. Anyone with similar situation? Or faced such situation before? I wonder if this problem can be treated.

-distressed

Hi all... really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this. Been married for a year and each time we try to have intercourse, it will be too painful for me the moment we try such that I have to stop. I had endometriosis previously and got the cyst removed. I read up that endometriosis caused painful sex. We really wanna have kids but now v stressed with the inability to have sex! There seems to be blockage and sharp pain when trying to penetrate. Not sure which gynae to go for too, as I prefer a gentle and nice female gynae. Anyone with similar situation? Or faced such situation before? I wonder if this problem can be treated.

-distressed

Hi Jasmine, if you are looking for a gentle female gynae, Dr Adelina Wong (http://www.adelinawomensclinic.com/) is a good choice. However I am not sure if she is able to help in your issue, although she's very experienced.

I visited another female gyane from RH before to do a pap smear and she really traumatized me, until the pap smear couldn't take place and was postponed. Obviously I didn't want to go back to her and my friend recommended Dr Adelina Wong. I went to her feeling really scared but she turned out to be very friendly, soft-spoken and gentle. My hubby and I end up having fertility tests done through her clinic and TMC because we felt very comfortable with her.

I am still TTC-ing but if I ever get pregnant, she will be one of the gynaes I shortlist.

Thank you so much ! Coincidentally this is one gynae I was researching on myself as I read that she is very gentle. Definitely considering her. Thank you. May you get pregnant soon:)

-distressed
I also have the same problem. I think need to see sex therapist. But i until now still haven't see coz my husband doesn't want to go. Sad

Hi Jasmine23, I believe that would be a condition named Vaginismus. I have it too and my husband bought me a Vaginismus kit. So now, whenever we want to DTD, as we are TTC-ing, I will practice first so the whole thing will go smoothly and we both won't end up frustrated.

Hi Jasmine23, how are you now? Did you eventually go to see Dr Adelina Wong? How was the experience and was she helpful?

Sorry for the barge of questions as I believe I have the same problem...

-distressed
I think ur endo reoccur.. endo will nv stop.. until u menopause.

Vaginismus can be treated...i had this 4 years ago and with persistant hard work like practising inserting finger and breathing excercises I managed to have a painless intercourse and conceived at our 1st try.

Hi,
Its my first time joining forum after reading for so long.

I will be going for my first checkup at SGH CARE soon. Dr Yu Su Ling. Any tips? Feeling rather nervous. =/

I have vaginismus and well.. Havent managed to be "together" with hubby the past few years. So we are exploring ivf..

Back