Help , need advise

Both of you cannot buy over the flat if haven't reach 5yrs.
The flat have to sell back to HDB at a lost. Well, of course can appeal through MP to buy over.. But very very low chance...
As for custody, it really depending. Most likely will be Joint Custody, unless either party give up the custody.

if flat haven reach 3 years can still write in to HDB to appeal to "sell" the flat on the open market rate... if he wants to buy over your share (provided he is above 35years old) than u will have to ask someone to come see the house value but that is upon approval from HDB... that is what HDB told me when i went down to ask abt my flat of 3 years plus...

as for divorce... u are not working mostly u are the care giver of the child and u will get the child's care and control and custody usually is share... unless ur husband gives up......

but yes, you will still need to wait till marriage is 3 years to file divorce..

if flat haven reach 3 years can still write in to HDB to appeal to "sell" the flat on the open market rate... if he wants to buy over your share (provided he is above 35years old) than u will have to ask someone to come see the house value but that is upon approval from HDB... that is what HDB told me when i went down to ask abt my flat of 3 years plus...

as for divorce... u are not working mostly u are the care giver of the child and u will get the child's care and control and custody usually is share... unless ur husband gives up......

but yes, you will still need to wait till marriage is 3 years to file divorce..
to correct you. care and control usually is to one party so as not to disrupt the child life.

to correct you. care and control usually is to one party so as not to disrupt the child life.

yes to only one party which is the one always been the care giver... and there are some case the care and control and custody are shared... jus like my soon to be ex husband's brother, his is shared for care and control as well as custody (contested).. same to my brother's case (uncontested) also shared... so i seriously dunno how they sees it...

yes to only one party which is the one always been the care giver... and there are some case the care and control and custody are shared... jus like my soon to be ex husband's brother, his is shared for care and control as well as custody (contested).. same to my brother's case (uncontested) also shared... so i seriously dunno how they sees it...
from what I know from lawyer normally custody is joint and care and control is given to caregiver and access time to the other party.

from what I know from lawyer normally custody is joint and care and control is given to caregiver and access time to the other party.

yea that is what i know too... but now im fighting for my son cos that bastard snatched my son away dont let me see my son... but cos my son not with me.. so i scare i might not get my son back... but since birth till abt 4 years old, im the sole care giver of my son.. he didnt help.... he go out with bitch daily.... sigh... why must ppl make things difficult...

yea that is what i know too... but now im fighting for my son cos that bastard snatched my son away dont let me see my son... but cos my son not with me.. so i scare i might not get my son back... but since birth till abt 4 years old, im the sole care giver of my son.. he didnt help.... he go out with bitch daily.... sigh... why must ppl make things difficult...
Hais u must hv missed him a lot!! I can’t do without my kids even for a day!
Now ur son with him how Long le

Last edited:
Yes he can keep ur son till the judgement is out.. Hais u must hv missed him a lot!! I can’t do without my kids even for a day!
Now ur son with him how Long le :(

Sigh... been a year... i didnt act on the divorce cos money issue cos it will definitely be a contested one... and hope i can fight for my son... its been terrible one year... i will cry very often... after all im the main care giver since birth till 4 years old... he is my flesh lor...

yes but am not working now so I doubted that initially afraid he will take away the care n control :(

Thats good... dont let him threaten you.. must remember... u are the main care giver.. definitely will have the sole care and control

Ask lawyer to ask for interim child access.

Also get a PI to check on him. See is he taking care of your child or simply leaving child at home with maid or other ppl. Then use the evidence to fight him in court.

U will lose care n control if u don’t do anything pro active now

Ask lawyer to ask for interim child access.

Also get a PI to check on him. See is he taking care of your child or simply leaving child at home with maid or other ppl. Then use the evidence to fight him in court.

U will lose care n control if u don’t do anything pro active now

I can request? Pi is too ex... might not be able to afford... but if got message from that bitch ex husband that the bitch son at midnight wan go toilet he open door saw my hub sleeping on the bed.. and i also got ask his working friend that he got work night shift anot.. cos he lie to his dad that he work night shift... but actual fact is go the bitch house to stay

I can request? Pi is too ex... might not be able to afford... but if got message from that bitch ex husband that the bitch son at midnight wan go toilet he open door saw my hub sleeping on the bed.. and i also got ask his working friend that he got work night shift anot.. cos he lie to his dad that he work night shift... but actual fact is go the bitch house to stay
yes. cos divorce might drag n he refuses to let u see child, u can ask your lawyer to do it separately.

yes, PI cost money but if they can get u evidence to win your child care and control, isn't it worth it?

yes. cos divorce might drag n he refuses to let u see child, u can ask your lawyer to do it separately.

yes, PI cost money but if they can get u evidence to win your child care and control, isn't it worth it?

Yes i have asked my lawyer.. she say wanna do must asap... is another application.. awaits her answer for the fees.. yes and i might be going ahead with the pi.. lawyer got some contact for pi not very ex.. 2-3k for some photos showing he is not at home... but my concern is, is it sufficient for me to show that he is not caring for my son with that few photos? Sigh...

get a experience PI.
it's not just a few photo.
u must prove that he is not frequently at home. and not accompany the child

your lawyer seem to be not so re active, u ask her then she tell you. if it's like this better get another better lawyer.
remember this, this is your only one chance to get what u deserve and u cant afford any cock up by lawyer

get a experience PI.
it's not just a few photo.
u must prove that he is not frequently at home. and not accompany the child

your lawyer seem to be not so re active, u ask her then she tell you. if it's like this better get another better lawyer.
remember this, this is your only one chance to get what u deserve and u cant afford any cock up by lawyer

She is my 2nd lawyer,.. first one spend a few k this wan also... sigh... but professional pi is very ex... and i got no money for professional ones... sigh

Hi all hope someone will be able to advise me.

our house and marriage have not reached 3yrs but we decided to divorced by the 3rd year we have a child who is in primary school

can he buy over the flat? I am not working will I lost my child custody?

I can’t state very clear here,if anyone can help pls let me know I hope to communicate via PM..

thank u!!
Hi I will try to answer your question:-
1)I assumed this is HDB and it is a BTO. In this case, you need a MOP of 5 years. What you can do now is (A) appeal to HDB to allow you to sell in open market, I have seen couple doing that due to divorce.(B) Sell back to HDB. But I will prefer you go for (A).

2) judges are alway in favor of joint custody. You will not loose your custody unless you choose to give up. I think you are referring to care and control. Since you are SAHM, naturally you have an upper hand of getting the care and control.

hope thus helps.

john.

Yes i have asked my lawyer.. she say wanna do must asap... is another application.. awaits her answer for the fees.. yes and i might be going ahead with the pi.. lawyer got some contact for pi not very ex.. 2-3k for some photos showing he is not at home... but my concern is, is it sufficient for me to show that he is not caring for my son with that few photos? Sigh...
I'm not sure if it is legitimate for your husband to block your access to your child. You may want to speak to your lawyer to understand the various option you have. Alternatively, I will seek advise from my buddy who is a big shot in MSF(Ministry of social and family), I will try to find out whether the authority can step in to help you to gain access to your son. Allow me to have sometime as i usually meet him over the weekend for coffee chat. However, if you are not keen for the authority help, simply drop me a note.

John

I'm not sure if it is legitimate for your husband to block your access to your child. You may want to speak to your lawyer to understand the various option you have. Alternatively, I will seek advise from my buddy who is a big shot in MSF(Ministry of social and family), I will try to find out whether the authority can step in to help you to gain access to your son. Allow me to have sometime as i usually meet him over the weekend for coffee chat. However, if you are not keen for the authority help, simply drop me a note.

John

nope.. im very keen... and thank you for your help... i ever thought of applying for the interim child access, but that is a seperate application which cost $3500..... way too much for me liao... and my lawyer say it will take months to approve also.. sigh...

nope.. im very keen... and thank you for your help... i ever thought of applying for the interim child access, but that is a seperate application which cost $3500..... way too much for me liao... and my lawyer say it will take months to approve also.. sigh...
interim access doesn't take month to approve.

if its 3500 its worth it. cos u look at it, he is going to contest n with the court trial and delay, it's going to take at least 6months.

Back