Gynae Recommendations

Tsh2102

Hi All,

As i just went gp and confirmed i am in my 6 weeks, he mention ask me to wait till 9 weeks than book appt
with gynae for checkup. May i check is there any recommendation for KKH private doctor?
Is the charges comparable to Thomson medical/Mount Alvernia ? as i am not comfortable to keep switching doctor.
Anyone got recommendation on this 3 hospital doctor can advise me, as i am PR my husband is singaporean so i believe the subsidize is not alot compare to singaporean. thank you in advance

Hi there. Im currently seeing dr Jasmine mohd(Thomson) Recommended by my doula who conducted a birth class i went to during my 1st pregnancy. I had continuous spotting 2 days back and called her up.( 1st checkup is 19 june) She immediately slotted me on the day i called. Lucky all is gd. She is nice..patient n caring gynae N u can ask her anything. She also emailed me some reading materials regarding pregnancy.i think i will be sticking with her.

Hi there. Im currently seeing dr Jasmine mohd(Thomson) Recommended by my doula who conducted a birth class i went to during my 1st pregnancy. I had continuous spotting 2 days back and called her up.( 1st checkup is 19 june) She immediately slotted me on the day i called. Lucky all is gd. She is nice..patient n caring gynae N u can ask her anything. She also emailed me some reading materials regarding pregnancy.i think i will be sticking with her.
Hi Fadzlin.
Just wondering if Dr Jasmine is pro-vbac?

Hi All,

As i just went gp and confirmed i am in my 6 weeks, he mention ask me to wait till 9 weeks than book appt
with gynae for checkup. May i check is there any recommendation for KKH private doctor?
Is the charges comparable to Thomson medical/Mount Alvernia ? as i am not comfortable to keep switching doctor.
Anyone got recommendation on this 3 hospital doctor can advise me, as i am PR my husband is singaporean so i believe the subsidize is not alot compare to singaporean. thank you in advance

Recommend Dr. Adrian Woodworth from TMC. His prenatal checkup package is considered very cheap, some of my friends are go for him and many good review of him from my friends and also from the forum. He got clinic at Sengkang and Choa Chu Kang.
Another gynae to recommend is Dr. Khoo CK from Mount E Novena. HE is very friendly and many good review from my friends and forum too. He use to be a famous senior consultant at KKH for past 15-20years and last year he just leave KKH and open his own clinic at Mount E Novena. Heard his charges is not too ex as compare to KKH private.
For my wife, becoz we are choosing hospital, hence we choosing Dr.Qi (Dr. Khoo's wife) at KKH under private. Dr. Qi also very good which my wife is very comfortable with her. We will be meeting our little one on next Friday.

Recommend Dr. Adrian Woodworth from TMC. His prenatal checkup package is considered very cheap, some of my friends are go for him and many good review of him from my friends and also from the forum. He got clinic at Sengkang and Choa Chu Kang.
Another gynae to recommend is Dr. Khoo CK from Mount E Novena. HE is very friendly and many good review from my friends and forum too. He use to be a famous senior consultant at KKH for past 15-20years and last year he just leave KKH and open his own clinic at Mount E Novena. Heard his charges is not too ex as compare to KKH private.
For my wife, becoz we are choosing hospital, hence we choosing Dr.Qi (Dr. Khoo's wife) at KKH under private. Dr. Qi also very good which my wife is very comfortable with her. We will be meeting our little one on next Friday.

Congratulations on your bundle of joy , thank you for your recommedation. ya my friend also recommended Dr Adrain.

Congratulations on your bundle of joy , thank you for your recommedation. ya my friend also recommended Dr Adrain.
Ya, and understand from my friends, if the 1st 1-2 prenatal check up and done at Dr. Adrian clinic and once u had sign up his package (heard is $688 b4 GST, with 13-15 visit), then he will refund the 1st 1-2 check up fees to you and use the package to cover. Not really sure on this and you may need to find out...
By the way, congrats to your pregnancy too.

Yes , heard Dr Jasmine is very nice and kind. My friend who had her as gynae highly recommended her. Highly skilled

Currently i’m seeing CK Khoo (i’m @w18 now). He is very friendly and popular doctor. Happy to choose him!

Hi there, I highly recommend Dr Tan Kai Lit. He was my gynae and made my birth journey smooth and worry-free. I gave birth at Thomson Medical but I understand he also operates at Mt A and Mt E. I have been to a few gynaes for different reasons and I must say he is the most patient and understanding gynae I have worked with, and with fabulous bedside manners too (he explains thoroughly the rationale behind every test one takes during pregnancy and his recommendations, which I truly appreciate),

All the best!

I would strongly advise choosing Dr Freda Khoo from Thomson Medical. Had a pretty bad experience over there.

1) Bill was higher than other Gyna

2) Wrong dosage of Medication. Double dosage of medication was provided with unclear instructions.
Dr Freda gave a set of instructions, her staff outside gave another, and when medication was picked up, they gave another set of instructions resulting in double the fees, double the dosage which is quite dangerous.

Called back and every thing was pushed off. Change Gyna immediately as you cannot take carelessness with your body.

Hi there, I highly recommend Dr Tan Kai Lit. He was my gynae and made my birth journey smooth and worry-free. I gave birth at Thomson Medical but I understand he also operates at Mt A and Mt E. I have been to a few gynaes for different reasons and I must say he is the most patient and understanding gynae I have worked with, and with fabulous bedside manners too (he explains thoroughly the rationale behind every test one takes during pregnancy and his recommendations, which I truly appreciate),

All the best!

Is his fees higher than others? And is waiting time long?

I would strongly advise choosing Dr Freda Khoo from Thomson Medical. Had a pretty bad experience over there.

1) Bill was higher than other Gyna

2) Wrong dosage of Medication. Double dosage of medication was provided with unclear instructions.
Dr Freda gave a set of instructions, her staff outside gave another, and when medication was picked up, they gave another set of instructions resulting in double the fees, double the dosage which is quite dangerous.

Called back and every thing was pushed off. Change Gyna immediately as you cannot take carelessness with your body.

Do You mean against choosing. Dr freda

Is his fees higher than others? And is waiting time long?

I am not sure about it being higher than the others but I do know that he always tries to avoid additional costs for patients, he did that for me. Waiting time...it depends. Morning waits are longer but I have also gone and immediately saw Dr Tan in the afternoons.

I am not sure about it being higher than the others but I do know that he always tries to avoid additional costs for patients, he did that for me. Waiting time...it depends. Morning waits are longer but I have also gone and immediately saw Dr Tan in the afternoons.

That's nice to know he tries to avoid additional costs for patients. Do you know if he is pro natural with epidural or c section? I know some gynae favor 1 more than the other

That's nice to know he tries to avoid additional costs for patients. Do you know if he is pro natural with epidural or c section? I know some gynae favor 1 more than the other

He is definitely balanced in his views. I had a c section although we had planned for natural because in the last two weeks, my bb suddenly had a weight gain spike and he explained clearly to us what the risks were and we opted for c sect. Dr Tan is well known for his c sect skills.

If private clinics are an option, I would also like to recommend my gynae Dr Chris Ng. His clinic is at just across at Camden.

I'm seeing Dr Fong Yang. Very patient, assuring and fatherly gynae. He delivers at Mt A, TMC and Mt E. He had been my gynae for the last 13 over years. He saved my daughter from miscarriage the last round when the other gynae sent me home telling me to just wait for the baby to self abort. He took steps to check through, placed me on close monitoring and my daughter was saved. Even so, he never recommend me to undergo tests that were not necessary for my age and condition. In which I had friends who went through, I asked him about it, he told me the rationale why I need not have the test, and it would make me spend money unnecessarily. But he added, he wouldn't stop me if I insisted, he is just giving advises based on his experiences.

Just saw him last weekend again. I missed my menses and tested positive but with intense cramps. He took every precautionary actions to monitor my situation. Jab, blood test and medication. His nurse called me today and checked in on my condition.

I wouldn't say his rates are the cheapest in the market, but with him walking me in this journey, I feel very safe and assured.

Last edited:
Hi, is it possible to find information on the natural vs c-section delivery rates for ob-gyns? I hear Dr Ann Tan is really great but would like to know whether she favours natural births. Thanks

I am living at Spottiswoode around Outram/Tanjong Pagar area and we have SGH literally across us. But fortunately we got a good insurance from work that could make us choose private hospitals as well.
We have made an appointment with Dr CK Khoo at Mount E Novena this weekend, after so many readings about him. My concern is, from my residence to Mount E Novena, you guys think Dr CK Khoo/Mount E Novena a bit out of the way? Given that SGH is a stone's throw away? Like for check ups and basically during delivery. I think finding a good gynae is a top priority as well.

I'm a first time parent and not a local. Thanks for all your input :)

I'm seeing Dr Fong Yang. Very patient, assuring and fatherly gynae. He delivers at Mt A, TMC and Mt E. He had been my gynae for the last 13 over years. He saved my daughter from miscarriage the last round when the other gynae sent me home telling me to just wait for the baby to self abort. He took steps to check through, placed me on close monitoring and my daughter was saved. Even so, he never recommend me to undergo tests that were not necessary for my age and condition. In which I had friends who went through, I asked him about it, he told me the rationale why I need not have the test, and it would make me spend money unnecessarily. But he added, he wouldn't stop me if I insisted, he is just giving advises based on his experiences.

Just saw him last weekend again. I missed my menses and tested positive but with intense cramps. He took every precautionary actions to monitor my situation. Jab, blood test and medication. His nurse called me today and checked in on my condition.

I wouldn't say his rates are the cheapest in the market, but with him walking me in this journey, I feel very safe and assured.

hi. Where is his clinic?

I am living at Spottiswoode around Outram/Tanjong Pagar area and we have SGH literally across us. But fortunately we got a good insurance from work that could make us choose private hospitals as well.
We have made an appointment with Dr CK Khoo at Mount E Novena this weekend, after so many readings about him. My concern is, from my residence to Mount E Novena, you guys think Dr CK Khoo/Mount E Novena a bit out of the way? Given that SGH is a stone's throw away? Like for check ups and basically during delivery. I think finding a good gynae is a top priority as well.

I'm a first time parent and not a local. Thanks for all your input :)

definitely go private if u can. As i believe public hospital could be of longer wait. Besides if u are not local, u might be charge a different rate in public hospital. So it might be better just going private. sorry i have never been to public before, but thats my understanding. I may be wrong..

I would definitely suggest seeing dr ck khoo this weekend and your feel about him and decide. Go with someone u are absolutely comfortable with even if it means seeing another gynae after.

Hello Ladies,

can I check what are the charges for Dr Jasmine (TMC) ? I have a threatened miscarriage and want to go to a private Gynae and NUH isnt very helpful.

definitely go private if u can. As i believe public hospital could be of longer wait. Besides if u are not local, u might be charge a different rate in public hospital. So it might be better just going private. sorry i have never been to public before, but thats my understanding. I may be wrong..

I would definitely suggest seeing dr ck khoo this weekend and your feel about him and decide. Go with someone u are absolutely comfortable with even if it means seeing another gynae after.
Thank you for your input! :) my husband and I love Dr ck khoo! we feel at peace with him and hes very reassuring.

For Mt Novena, I would definitely recommend Dr Chen Chern Yi. She's my gynae and also obstet during my first pregnancy She's very kind and thorough so I feel safe with her.

Back