Got terminated from work while 5 months pregnant

Jemjam

Hi mummies,

I got terminated from my job and i am 5 months pregnant now. I kinda expected this to happen.. Reason being my company downsized due to the covid situation. Many of my colleagues were already let go earlier and we even shifted to a smaller office. Our previous office has a reception area and my role was basically a receptionist and admin assistant. Now that they've moved to a new smaller work area, there is no more reception area so obviously there will be no more reception work. They hired another admin executive who can cover my work also..

They did give me compensation package of salary in liue plus 4 months pay(due to maternity benefits).

I am at a loss now.. and am experience all the pregnancy symptoms at it's worst.. Just hoping for some advice.. Are there any grants that I can apply for?

I will start looking for a job now hopefully still can find and I do plan to start selling some of my pre-loved items.

If you feel that you are being treated unfairly you can seek help from tripartite alliance or ntuc for help.You may be able to get more compensation depending on case. You need to do it i think is within a month from your last working day. I was told that company is not allowed to employ new staff within 6 months if they are downsizing. Meantime you can apply for covid 19 support grant which pay out $800 each for 3 months if being retrenched.

Back