Formula recommendations for constant spit ups

Fdzul

Hi Mommies,

I appreciate if you can provide me recommendations on which formula is good for frequent spit ups.

While i understand spit ups are normal for babies, mine seem to be spitting up every burp, every feed and even if just lying down, I caught my baby spitting out the milk on purpose.

My LO is 3 months and we tried Similac at first but her spit up tend to be thicker in consistency. So we switched to Enfamil Gentlease 2 weeks ago upon recommendation from a friend. Not only does she spit up more (but more clearer consistency), her stool are really runny at times and her spit ups smells so bad. Btw, Enfamil Gentlease formula just smells so bad overall & hard to dissolve also.

Shes now drinking 150ml every 3-4hrs in the day and 5-6hours at night.

PD doesnt seem concern about the spit ups as long as its not volatile vomit. But it concerns me cause not only does she spits up on me randomly when i baby carry her, she spits up randomly when shes not even full (like hours after feeding).

I appreciate any sort of response!

Thanks!

Hi dear mummy, this is normal in some babies. As long as they gain weight monthly, it's not of great concern. Not to stress yourself n baby too much. Baby will grow in the faith of God.

Hi Mommies,

I appreciate if you can provide me recommendations on which formula is good for frequent spit ups.

While i understand spit ups are normal for babies, mine seem to be spitting up every burp, every feed and even if just lying down, I caught my baby spitting out the milk on purpose.

My LO is 3 months and we tried Similac at first but her spit up tend to be thicker in consistency. So we switched to Enfamil Gentlease 2 weeks ago upon recommendation from a friend. Not only does she spit up more (but more clearer consistency), her stool are really runny at times and her spit ups smells so bad. Btw, Enfamil Gentlease formula just smells so bad overall & hard to dissolve also.

Shes now drinking 150ml every 3-4hrs in the day and 5-6hours at night.

PD doesnt seem concern about the spit ups as long as its not volatile vomit. But it concerns me cause not only does she spits up on me randomly when i baby carry her, she spits up randomly when shes not even full (like hours after feeding).

I appreciate any sort of response!

Thanks!
Hello! My baby is exactly the same situation.. same milk formula.. 4 months old and on similac.. any other mommys facing this too? Any suggestions for us please?

Hello! My baby is exactly the same situation.. same milk formula.. 4 months old and on similac.. any other mommys facing this too? Any suggestions for us please?

Hi!

Just checked my notification and saw this. My baby is now almost 10 months and doesn’t spit up at all.

After Enfamil, I switched to Nan Optipro and imo the best formula for my baby. Minimal spit up, so easy to dissolve and much cheaper than similac.

Apart from that, I switched her bottle from Avent to Comotomo and it also helped in reducing the spit up. So you might wanna consider switching bottles also.

The position of drinking milk plays a part as well. Try to position her almost 45 degrees when shes talking her bottle.

Bottomline, some babies just need more time for their tummies to mature/get stronger. Now my baby can even toss and turn while drinking her milk compared to a few months back when she would spit out at the slightest moment after milk.

Parenting is about trial and error. Talk to the PD if you’re concerned that the spit up is too much.

Hello! Thank you so much for your reply, appreciate it actually yes u were spot on, i switched to pigeon bottle (from hegen) and it was soooo much better - minimal spit up now. Baby is also less bloated now. I do also try to burp hin well and let him not lie down after milk. Thank for the formula recommendations too!

Different types of formulas work for different babies as per their concerns. Something which worked out for me might not work out for you so it is always good to consult the doctor before making any choice for your LO. Enfamil A.R worked out for my baby when he was having trouble with spit ups. Do give it a try! :)

Back