Fertility Test

qqduckie

Any advice if I should go private or just NUH/KKH to do the test?

Does it matter where to do the test?

Never knew having BB is so tough :(

If you are seeing a doctor for fertility issues, he/she will order the essential tests for you and from there you guys can decide further what to do next. Hence for now, maybe what you need to do now is to decide on your preferred hospital/doctor first?

However, if you just want to do a fertility examination, then probably you can just google for that.
There are a few clinic/healthgroup providing this service.

Or you may try Innovative Diagnostics.

Hope it helps :)

@tinklebbdust .... not sure if I am too impatient.. Been trying for last 6 months and age is also catching up. Hitting 40s soon. So thought go for the test first before I plan for my next step.

@tinklebbdust .... not sure if I am too impatient.. Been trying for last 6 months and age is also catching up. Hitting 40s soon. So thought go for the test first before I plan for my next step.

Ahh.. I see..
No no you're not impatient, I think that period of time is fair enough, and what you said was correct - age is playing a crucial role also. Maybe you can start making appointment now then while waiting can do some research as appointment with the government hospitals that provided ART usually takes some time.

Also, in order to be qualified for the enhanced ART co-funding, you gotta be below 40 years of age at the start of the cycle.

@qqduckie

Yeah, you can request for referral letter from polyclinic to enjoy the subsidized rate.

However please bear in mind that a subsidized patient is not allowed to choose your preferred doctor.
You are likely to receive consultation from different doctor each time you visit them for follow up and the procedures.

If you want to stick to only one doctor, then you will be charged as a private patient.

The co-funding can be utilized @ IUI also but most people won't do that as the cost is relatively much lower as compared to IVF. There is a cap for each treatment cycle.

You may do a research on that or refer to http://www.nuhgynae.com.sg/cos/o.x?c=/wbn/pagetree&func=view&rid=1061716

:)

Hi qqduckie,

My hub & I have been trying for baby for around a year before deciding to go for fertility test. We opted for government hospital as we are in our mid-30s and we can enjoy the subsidies. We kinda think further. If we have to do IVF, it is not cheap and we may not succeed in the first cycle. IVF itself can already be emotionally stressful and we didn't want ourselves to be financially stressful.

The information tinklebbdust had given is accurate. Indeed, having baby is not easy for some of us but don't give up. I think it's good to take the test. At least you know both of your condition and you'll know what to do next. Stay positive and good luck to you! :)

I m new here in this forum, I am also looking for a fertility test, have been trying for 1 year plus and still don't have any good news, was so worry. @qqduckie so in the end u went to where to do the test? Can recommend? I saw alot of people talking about IVF and IUI, which one is better and which one is more costly?

@EY girl, I have yet to go ahead with booking of the fertility test. Am still quite resistant in thoughts on IVF and IUI.

But browsing through the forum, I think I most prob will go to NUH for checks as it is still a govt related hospital, at least can claim.

At the moment, am also going TCM for the last 2 months to tio the body. Still hoping for miracle on my end.

Don't stress too much on your end since you have not hit the 35 high risk pregnancy age. Take it easy gal.

@EY girl, I have yet to go ahead with booking of the fertility test. Am still quite resistant in thoughts on IVF and IUI.

But browsing through the forum, I think I most prob will go to NUH for checks as it is still a govt related hospital, at least can claim.

At the moment, am also going TCM for the last 2 months to tio the body. Still hoping for miracle on my end.

Don't stress too much on your end since you have not hit the 35 high risk pregnancy age. Take it easy gal.
Hi @qqduckie how r u? How ur tcm treatment? Did u book for the fertility test? I done mine at Thomson medical and I m going to hsg test on next mon, hopefully everything ok and hv good news ssoon

Hi,

Im still deciding if i should go to polyclinic for referral letter to Fertility Clinic in kkh or directly head to kkh as private patient.

As a subsidized patient in fertility clinic, can some of you share the experience with me? Are the doctors inexperienced?

Thank you..Hope to get some sharing or advice soon..

Hi,
Its my first time joining forum after reading for so long.

I will be going for my first checkup at SGH CARE soon. Dr Yu Su Ling. Any tips? Feeling rather nervous.

Hi,

Im still deciding if i should go to polyclinic for referral letter to Fertility Clinic in kkh or directly head to kkh as private patient.

As a subsidized patient in fertility clinic, can some of you share the experience with me? Are the doctors inexperienced?

Thank you..Hope to get some sharing or advice soon..

I used to be a subsidies patient in Fertility Clinic in KKH. Did all my test under subsidise, and was assign to a prof jerry for my first ivf. I didn't like him personally thou he prof and i request to change to Dr Tan Heng Hao (upgrade to private on my ivf counselling)

when starts the plan for having baby.Healthy is first important thing and supplements are very good.I used to have fertilemd.

Back