Feb 2018 mummies to be

I just did my first scan today at sgh and managed to see a sac but no blood test done. Is this normal?

I am. Supposed to see Doc in three weeks time. Currently at five weeks plus. I was advise to do down symptom test in 11-14 weeks but the Doc and nurses do not seems to know what are Oscar and paranorma scan. This worry me. Anyone with Sgh?

Oh okies.. thanks... Just worried wont it be too dangerous? cos my previous pregnancy was all abdominal scan
My prev gynae used rule of thumb of <9 weeks = v scan. I think it is to get a clearer measurement of growth and hb. For my no 1, I did weekly v scan from week 5 to 8 till he "discharged" my case as stable. So it is safe as long as the gynae is skilled and gentle.

I just did my first scan today at sgh and managed to see a sac but no blood test done. Is this normal?

I am. Supposed to see Doc in three weeks time. Currently at five weeks plus. I was advise to do down symptom test in 11-14 weeks but the Doc and nurses do not seems to know what are Oscar and paranorma scan. This worry me. Anyone with Sgh?
Congrats! I think seeing a sac is normal if its v early - it confirms the pg is in the right place. No blood test is needed.

Its a bit strange that the doc dunno about oscar etc though. I did hear that govt hospitals don't really recommend harmony test as 1st choice, maybe due to weighing cost vs benefit

Congrats! I think seeing a sac is normal if its v early - it confirms the pg is in the right place. No blood test is needed.

Its a bit strange that the doc dunno about oscar etc though. I did hear that govt hospitals don't really recommend harmony test as 1st choice, maybe due to weighing cost vs benefit

Can u show with me what the the different tests done through the pregnancy? I am considering to find a private gynaecologist. I stay sengkang but Dr Adrian is out for his chop chop attitude.

Previously I used to think that way..but apparently it's very much safe as it doesn't enter the uterus..jz at the vagina area..and usually they only use that as the 2nd option..unless u head down to emergency, they will use that if it's below 8weeks cz fetus too small..tts what I know
oh ok.. thanks... Cos my previous pregnancy was all abdominal. It was never transvaginal till I gave birth.

I need advices... i cant decide where to go :(. Now im 9week plus, visit Dr Ang @ SBW. So far the visits are ok but heard quite num of negative reviews. Or should i change to NUH Dr Su lin lin / Dr Anupriya Agarwal (friend recommend).

Can u show with me what the the different tests done through the pregnancy? I am considering to find a private gynaecologist. I stay sengkang but Dr Adrian is out for his chop chop attitude.
My last pg was 5 years ago, so my info may be a bit dated. I rem I did oscar at end of 1st tri (no harmony available then), detailed scan at 20 weeks. For blood tests I was tested for iron and sugar levels on 2nd tri. And in the last tri, there was a swab test for strep b.

For this pg, the doc insisted on trending my hcg levels before the 1st scan, so it's really doc preference.

If you are not comfortable with sgh, I suggest that you change. Having a doc whom you are comfy with upfront will prevent the need to change later. I rem reading in the forums that some popular docs can be fully booked if you change in 2nd tri.

Hi dear,
I have 2 kids
for both my pregnancies, I had been with SGH O&G clinic and am very happy with the service the doctors and nurses have provided for me there. I do note that the name of tests etc differ from those done at private hospitals. rest assure dear, you will be taken care of well by SGH. They will do all the necessary tests to ensure the safety of you and your unborn child.
If I were to have #3 or more, I would still go back to SGH. They are pro-natural birth, pro-breastfeeding and baby friendly certified hospital unlike private hospitals. Will not name names here. =)

Who is your doctor at SGH Zenn Zenn? Are you under subsidised or private?
I recommend Dr Devendra. He was my doctor for #1 and he's very patient and meticulous.
Sent me for all the tests and scans. Cant remember when and what was done exactly but I remember having a scan done every few visits.

Who is your doctor at SGH Zenn Zenn? Are you under subsidised or private?
I recommend Dr Devendra. He was my doctor for #1 and he's very patient and meticulous.
Sent me for all the tests and scans. Cant remember when and what was done exactly but I remember having a scan done every few visits.

Currently under subsidize as I was a patient for endo and fibroid in sgh. As subsidize patient, I personally feel the MO is inexperience and every visit is a different MO. The nurses actually told me that private and subsidize test and scan done are the same. Different in price only. Do you rmb what are the tests u done at Sgh? I am having two minded now. As some said sgh is not so comprehensive on the tests perform compared to private. It's my first pregnancy and I really very anxious and want to be careful. The nurse did recommend me to stick with subsidize till 5th month and change to Dr devendra

Im having insomnia almost every night:( will slp around 10 plus and wakeup around 12 plys and couldnt slp till 4 plus.. anyone facing this?

Same here. Wake up to pee then hard to sleep again. I am now awake . Having insomnia, really affect my work perfomance and health

Currently under subsidize as I was a patient for endo and fibroid in sgh. As subsidize patient, I personally feel the MO is inexperience and every visit is a different MO. The nurses actually told me that private and subsidize test and scan done are the same. Different in price only. Do you rmb what are the tests u done at Sgh? I am having two minded now. As some said sgh is not so comprehensive on the tests perform compared to private. It's my first pregnancy and I really very anxious and want to be careful. The nurse did recommend me to stick with subsidize till 5th month and change to Dr devendra

You can switch now from subsidised rate to private and see Dr Devendra at every consultation. I had him for my first child and am very reassured with him. I felt I was in good hands and well taken care of.

Yeah.. the cost factor is one main thing... coz with twins... situtations can be unpredictable. The only thing that is really putting me off is the midwife led labour in govt hospital as this is my first time, i feel that i need to be reassured from time to time i guess. :( so confused.

not true with regards to midwife delivery at govt hospitals dear. both my pregnancy i went through at sgh and am very happy there. would go back there again if i have #3. in fact i personally feel private hospitals over charge and are not pro natural birth. would do c sect more often than natural. in my honest opinion.

My bb at week 8 no heartbeat. I hv to go D&C
Hugs, so sorry to hear this. Do take care and do a mini confinement if possible to build up your health for the next pg.
If you need someone to talk to, the ladies at the miscarriage thread are very supportive, or you can reach out via pm.

not true with regards to midwife delivery at govt hospitals dear. both my pregnancy i went through at sgh and am very happy there. would go back there again if i have #3. in fact i personally feel private hospitals over charge and are not pro natural birth. would do c sect more often than natural. in my honest opinion.
Hmm I guess my biggest concern is how they are with regard to pain relief and monitoring (I'm really scared of pain, so a complete natural, epidural free delivery is not what I want).

My friend's request for epi was pushed back alot with "are you sure?", and very slow to get doc such that she didn't get one in the end since she dilated too much. She was also scolded by the nurses for screaming in pain. I guess this is ok for those who really want all natural to begin with.

For my no 1, I was checked in at 2cm, given epi upon request and put on my antibiotics drip (for strep b), and checked on by my gynae a few times during my 18h labour. Will that pain free experience and close monitoring be possible at govt hospital? I am thinking of going to nuh this time and this is the one thing holding me back.

Hmm I guess my biggest concern is how they are with regard to pain relief and monitoring (I'm really scared of pain, so a complete natural, epidural free delivery is not what I want).

My friend's request for epi was pushed back alot with "are you sure?", and very slow to get doc such that she didn't get one in the end since she dilated too much. She was also scolded by the nurses for screaming in pain. I guess this is ok for those who really want all natural to begin with.

For my no 1, I was checked in at 2cm, given epi upon request and put on my antibiotics drip (for strep b), and checked on by my gynae a few times during my 18h labour. Will that pain free experience and close monitoring be possible at govt hospital? I am thinking of going to nuh this time and this is the one thing holding me back.

yes of course. you will be given epidural n pain management medicine upon request. i wrote a detailed birth plan for both my births and the hospital followed it closely.

You can switch now from subsidised rate to private and see Dr Devendra at every consultation. I had him for my first child and am very reassured with him. I felt I was in good hands and well taken care of.
Can u share what was the test u have done at sgh?

Hi, congratulations all mummies. I just went for a scan last week and I was 7 weeks pregnant. This is my first pregnancy after trying for a year as I have pcos, me and my Husband were praying very hard for this little blessing. This is a little surprise from God. I was seeing dr Chan K h at glenE, but I got to know his is exp, thinking to see dr. John tee in Kkh. Any mummies has seen dr. Chan K h before? Can share the rate?

Hi, congratulations all mummies. I just went for a scan last week and I was 7 weeks pregnant. This is my first pregnancy after trying for a year as I have pcos, me and my Husband were praying very hard for this little blessing. This is a little surprise from God. I was seeing dr Chan K h at glenE, but I got to know his is exp, thinking to see dr. John tee in Kkh. Any mummies has seen dr. Chan K h before? Can share the rate?
Congrats gal! Wanna check with you, did you go for consultation before week 7? I have Pcos too and currently wk 3. Gynae told me to go back at wk 7 for scanning but I was wondering do I need to visit her and check if I need to tk any extra med since pcos might post a higher treat of miscarriage.

Congrats gal! Wanna check with you, did you go for consultation before week 7? I have Pcos too and currently wk 3. Gynae told me to go back at wk 7 for scanning but I was wondering do I need to visit her and check if I need to tk any extra med since pcos might post a higher treat of miscarriage.

Hi Hibun, congrats to you too. Nope, i did not go for any consultation as I was not realise that I m pregnant untill I took a home pregnancy test at wk 6. But I was on Chinese medicine. I think may be is better to check with your Gynaecology to be safe?

Hi Hibun, congrats to you too. Nope, i did not go for any consultation as I was not realise that I m pregnant untill I took a home pregnancy test at wk 6. But I was on Chinese medicine. I think may be is better to check with your Gynaecology to be safe?
Thx!:)
Ya, think I will bk an appt next wk to double check if ther3 is anything i have to take note of.

The chances of natural birth for twins not high right?

Thx!:)
Ya, think I will bk an appt next wk to double check if ther3 is anything i have to take note of.

All the best ya! Dun worry so much. You and baby will be fine!. Actually I have been seeing tcm for my pocs and now the doctor also give me "an tai Yao"

Hi all mummies, im in my week 8 now and no symptoms at all. My next scan is two weeks later. Anxious wait as not sure why i dont feel nausea or anything.

Hello , currently in my 8 weeks now. Seeing Dr TM chua in nuh. This is my 3rd pregnancy. Previously 2 was at gleneagles hospital. Will much prefer nuh to gleneagles. Cost effective, better medical services.

Hi mummies to be...Anyone has brown low volume brown spot during early pregnancy? Did you go to doctor for a check up?

Hi mummies to be...Anyone has brown low volume brown spot during early pregnancy? Did you go to doctor for a check up?
I had brown spotting shortly after period is due. It went away after I took duphaston. I already has a prescription on standby due to my history of mc. I also notice it tends to happen if I walk around a lot with my heavy company laptop.

Suggest that you see a doc for peace of mind - in case you need hormone support. But pls don't go to kkh 24h o&g, I went there for spotting a couple of times in the past and the docs were cold and not at all reassuring.

I had brown spotting shortly after period is due. It went away after I took duphaston. I already has a prescription on standby due to my history of mc. I also notice it tends to happen if I walk around a lot with my heavy company laptop.

Suggest that you see a doc for peace of mind - in case you need hormone support. But pls don't go to kkh 24h o&g, I went there for spotting a couple of times in the past and the docs were cold and not at all reassuring.

I do have duphaston. The brown spotting was very mild but it happened twice yesterday. Then today I went toilet there is still brown spotting at my pantyliner. My tummy at the lower abdominal also feel tight... How long did u spot and which week?

I am gg to meet my prvt gynae which I used to see during my 1st pregnancy.

I do have duphaston. The brown spotting was very mild but it happened twice yesterday. Then today I went toilet there is still brown spotting at my pantyliner. My tummy at the lower abdominal also feel tight... How long did u spot and which week?

I am gg to meet my prvt gynae which I used to see during my 1st pregnancy.

Suggest u to see private gynae. I had same experience on 6th week & seen gynae for duphaston & injection. Spotting stopped after I did complete bedrest for a week plus. Personal preference for private gynae. Am with Dr Douglas Ong. You may consult him if desired. Very reassuring & nurses are good.

Suggest u to see private gynae. I had same experience on 6th week & seen gynae for duphaston & injection. Spotting stopped after I did complete bedrest for a week plus. Personal preference for private gynae. Am with Dr Douglas Ong. You may consult him if desired. Very reassuring & nurses are good.
Yup2. I have booked appointment today at 3.45pm. I hope the spotting doesnt get any heavier. Thanks ladies

Hi Adlina, I had brown spotting for 3 weeksp and it just stop recently. It was definitely not because of implantation bleeding and not exactly normal if it's bleeding for too long. I got it checked at nuh A&E gyne and they gave a jab of progesterone. Follow by a week of oral progesterone. And the bleeding is gone now. Rest more and see a gynae if the brown spotting don't stop. Rest well don't worry :)

Hi all, I've been a silent reader for a while now and finally decided to join in.
I have just reached 8 weeks on the Saturday. I am under Dr Tan HH at KKH. On Sat morning, before my appointment with Dr Tan, I had brown spotting. I kinda freaked out as that is the kind of spotting I get a few days just before my period arrives.
Dr Tan did an abdominal scan and all is good. Heartbeat was visible but he didn't inform of the fetal heart rate. He ordered for a jab for me and gave me forms for the FTS. I am still on my duphaston, twice a day.

On Sunday morning, there was more spotting throughout the day; and this morning the spotting is gone. But I am still worried. When I am going to have my period, I will experience the spotting, which will clear up for a couple of days before the period starts.

I had a miscarriage previously, around 8 weeks too, so I am really worried....

Hi all, I've been a silent reader for a while now and finally decided to join in.
I have just reached 8 weeks on the Saturday. I am under Dr Tan HH at KKH. On Sat morning, before my appointment with Dr Tan, I had brown spotting. I kinda freaked out as that is the kind of spotting I get a few days just before my period arrives.
Dr Tan did an abdominal scan and all is good. Heartbeat was visible but he didn't inform of the fetal heart rate. He ordered for a jab for me and gave me forms for the FTS. I am still on my duphaston, twice a day.

On Sunday morning, there was more spotting throughout the day; and this morning the spotting is gone. But I am still worried. When I am going to have my period, I will experience the spotting, which will clear up for a couple of days before the period starts.

I had a miscarriage previously, around 8 weeks too, so I am really worried....

Congratz..!! Don't worry too much cz it can give unpleasant experience..and always hinders the production of progesterone level if you stress too much..keep monitoring and if it keep pestering, head down again..

I suffered MC twice in future I will head down to the A&E immediately..I don't like the kkh A&E where the doc arent really the most assuring and patience 1s..head to trustable private for emergency..take care

Hello everyone

I'm only 1.5 weeks pregnant and had brown spotting and cramps last week. This occurred the same day I went back to work after 1 week medical leave. I didn't eat lunch, forgot to eat all those IVF hormones that the doctor prescribed, and carried my laptop to and fro like I used to. Then cramp and spot and panic.

Its an IVF embryo and my first one. I went to see the doc and received one painful progesterone injection. Now faithfully eating the duphaston 3 x a day + uterogestan insert 3x a day.

The progesterone injections pills and inserts really work to stop or prevent cramping and spotting. Since then, no spotting at all.

Congratz..!! Don't worry too much cz it can give unpleasant experience..and always hinders the production of progesterone level if you stress too much..keep monitoring and if it keep pestering, head down again..

I suffered MC twice in future I will head down to the A&E immediately..I don't like the kkh A&E where the doc arent really the most assuring and patience 1s..head to trustable private for emergency..take care

Thank you!! I'm a born worrier!! I'm still doing a panty check every 30 mins or so. Thought I'll be over that stage after getting my beta HCG results but it's gotten to another level now. I have decided to visit another gynae this weekend. I feel like I need more assurance than what Dr Tan HH is giving. I really like Dr Tan HH but the next appt to see him is 6 weeks later, with FTS to be done about 3-4 weeks later....

Thank you!! I'm a born worrier!! I'm still doing a panty check every 30 mins or so. Thought I'll be over that stage after getting my beta HCG results but it's gotten to another level now. I have decided to visit another gynae this weekend. I feel like I need more assurance than what Dr Tan HH is giving. I really like Dr Tan HH but the next appt to see him is 6 weeks later, with FTS to be done about 3-4 weeks later....

Maybe you should really change to another gynae. Esp during 1st trimester, it's better to be safer than sorry.

Hi, I am new and hope to learn from all mommies out there. Had my first pregnancy two years back but I lost the baby on my 8 weeks. This is my second pregnancy and so far things are turning out well for me. My EDD is 18 Feb and I'm going for my second scan today. ;)

Hello all mummies to be!

Nice to join all of you here and grow the little bump together! (:) This is my second baby and I'm 8 weeks now!

My first was delivered with Dr. Wendy (Private Gynae) from Mount E Novena and we are sticking with her for the second pregnancy as well. She's warm and welcoming and did very good post natal care as well so no second thought when I expected again.

Maybe you should really change to another gynae. Esp during 1st trimester, it's better to be safer than sorry.

May I know who your gynae is?
I am going to see Dr Peter Chew. I was going to him before he referred me to KK.
But I am open to other gynae, so I am still looking around.

Hello all mummies to be!

Nice to join all of you here and grow the little bump together! :)) This is my second baby and I'm 8 weeks now!

My first was delivered with Dr. Wendy (Private Gynae) from Mount E Novena and we are sticking with her for the second pregnancy as well. She's warm and welcoming and did very good post natal care as well so no second thought when I expected again.

Hi any feedback on the delivery experience at Mt E Novena?
Is Dr Wendy pro caesarian or pro natural birth or neutral?
I fear pain and post delivery complications such as incontinence.
Its my first time pregnant, so need advice please.

Can you share your experience with doc Benjamin tham? What kind of doc is he like and is he able to handle complicated issue. It would be great if u could also share his charges.

Hi any feedback on the delivery experience at Mt E Novena?
Is Dr Wendy pro caesarian or pro natural birth or neutral?
I fear pain and post delivery complications such as incontinence.
Its my first time pregnant, so need advice please.

My experience with Mount E Novena was good. The nurses that assisted during the birthing was experienced, I felt calm. Follow by the nurses in the nursery, they are experienced and calm when handling the baby. My boy had admitted extra day due to Jaundice and the nurse who spoke to me whenever I visited was reassuring. So overall was good despite being a new hospital! I will be delivering there again if everything goes well.

Dr Wendy I would say she is very open to both natural and C-sect. However she will kindly ask the reason for C-sect so I guess she is more pro natural. When I first initiated C-sect as I have really low pain tolerance, she had a open discussion with me to understand my fears. Not stressful imo. Ultimately she left it to me and my husband to make the decision without pressing for answers.

My post delivery, she was there in my ward every morning to check my wound. Even when I extended one more day to accompany my son for jaundice, she still visit to check on my recovery.

Hope this helps you!

My experience with Mount E Novena was good. The nurses that assisted during the birthing was experienced, I felt calm. Follow by the nurses in the nursery, they are experienced and calm when handling the baby. My boy had admitted extra day due to Jaundice and the nurse who spoke to me whenever I visited was reassuring. So overall was good despite being a new hospital! I will be delivering there again if everything goes well.

Dr Wendy I would say she is very open to both natural and C-sect. However she will kindly ask the reason for C-sect so I guess she is more pro natural. When I first initiated C-sect as I have really low pain tolerance, she had a open discussion with me to understand my fears. Not stressful imo. Ultimately she left it to me and my husband to make the decision without pressing for answers.

My post delivery, she was there in my ward every morning to check my wound. Even when I extended one more day to accompany my son for jaundice, she still visit to check on my recovery.

Hope this helps you!

Thanks Anesern! The info helps.

Today I went to MtE for HCG blood test, and since I was there decided to drop by Dr Wendy's clinic for a look-see. Quite crowded even on a weekday morning, she seems fairly popular.

Hope this helps you!

Did u have a C-sect ? Can share your experience pls

For those who are spotting, go see doc and at least have a peace of mind? But keep thinking positive and don't worry too much!

I'm with twins via ivf, and have been spotting since week 6. Now week 9 already. All sorts of colours also have. But can't find source, but docs assured me it's "quite common" and nothing to worry abt.

Back