FDW off days

mummy201114

Hi Mummies,

I am just curious to find out if FDW are completely not allowed to do any housework before they set off on the off. Something simple like laundry or preparing breakfast.

My FDW said she should be doing any housework. It seems its some MOM rule. Tried very hard to check on the website, but nothing of such sort has been mentioned.

Hmm my maid initially also said that mom rules for off day to allow maid to go off 12hrs, say 7am-7pm. My maid still does light housework and help to bathe my bb in the morning before she left at 9.30am. So far I hav been asking around, my colleagues' maid helps to do simple job like tidy up living room and mop floor, also to make bed. I guess u can talk nicely to her, ask her to help up abit before she leaves the house.

Thanks for the info isenggirl. My maid was also doing so too, but recently she started coming back later than the agreed time. She said that her church has got some soical gathering. What made me furious and scold her was she only told me that she's going to be late at the very last min. About 1/2 an hour she was due to come back. Claiming that she was only informed about the social gathering at the very last min.

She even asked some guy, who claims to be her church member who was also the organiser to testify for her.

Eventually when she came back home she started aruging with me that I am very unreasonable and it wad stated that MOM said, no work should be done on her off days. Which is what caught me by surprise. I tried very hard to look for info that says maids are not at all allowed to work on their off days, but found none.

Also when I say housework its just washing the laundry, and prepare coffee for both me and my hubby. Kids normally is taken care by my hubby or myself.

Wow ur maid is getting out of hand.. She dare to argue back with you. I think it must be friends influence.. My maid still helps to take care my bb after she goes home. She was late once so far, reached home 8pm. She is only with us 3mths though..

Hmm.. Another option is to call up MOM to query about it. But their standard answer will be "up to both parties".

How long she works for u for?

Thats horrible, my maid still help me to cook for my son and make up our bedroom before leave. And 1 thing , argue back is a big no no at my house. I think she is already big headed now.

She has been working in my house for almost 7 months. And yes mummies I also think she is getting big headed too. Am still very angry with her. Want to change her, but unfortunately my hubby doesn't want to. He thinks I should be more flexible. Sigh....

My helper does the laundry and cooks for baby before she leaves. When she's back sometimes she will play with baby for a while or do simple washing of dishes. I think light chores are fine? And mutual agreement..

Attachments

• 1449122269742.jpg
    1449122269742.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 194

Back