Egg Donor Here

jamrania

Hi there everyone! I'm an early 20s Malaysian woman interested in possibly being an egg donor. Do PM me if that's something you're interested in. Thank you :)

Last edited:

Chingmee

Hi there everyone! I'm an early 20s Malaysian woman interested in possibly being an egg donor. Do PM me if that's something your interested in. Thank you :)
Hi, are you Chinese? How much will you want for your services? If I pay you first, can you guarantee that you will not back-out half-way? Is it acceptable for you to receive payment after you have completed the entire egg donation process?

Please see this previous thread:

At a local private fertility clinic that I consulted, a nurse hinted to me that I can secretly use a Malaysian, Thai or International egg donor agency to discreetly send an egg donor to Singapore. But payment must be kept secret. The donor and us must sign a form declaring that the donor is unpaid and donating her eggs altruistically to us.

The nurse also hinted to me that the doctor and fertility counselor may suspect or secretly know that we are using a foreign agency and paying the egg donor, but they will be willing to 'close one eye' and look the other way. After all , we will have to sign a declaration form stating that the donor is unpaid.

Additionally, the nurse also warned me against using individual freelance egg donors who offer their services online, as there is no money-back guarantee. For example, freelance egg donors may renege on their agreement after receiving some payment, and it would be difficult for me to sue her to return my money, as the payment was illegal in the first place and that I would only implicate myself in an illegal transaction if I were to commence legal proceedings. Moreover, it is rather difficult to monitor and ensure freelance egg donors regularly follow the painful and tedious procedure of hormone injections required for ovarian stimulation.

She also pointed out the advantages of using a foreign egg donor agency instead of an individual freelance donor. For example, most egg donor agencies will get a coordinator to accompany the donor on her travel to Singapore, who will ensure that she injects herself punctiliously with fertility hormones during the ovarian stimulation cycle. Many agencies will also give you a new replacement donor free-of-charge, if no eggs are retrieved, or if the donor gets sick and backs out half-way. Furthermore, the agency coordinator will also coach the egg donor to say the right things to the fertility counselor, since it is compulsory for the donor to receive counseling before the egg donation procedure.

In hindsight, I realized that all these must actually be the doctor's idea, and that he was using his nurse to relay such information to me, so as not to breach the medical professional code of conduct and ethics. All legal liability will be on us, since we have signed the form declaring that the egg donation is unpaid and altruistic. The clinic and IVF lab will be free of any legal responsibility for the secret payment, once the appropriate declaration forms have been signed by us and the donor.

jamrania

Hi, are you Chinese? How much will you want for your services? If I pay you first, can you guarantee that you will not back-out half-way? Is it acceptable for you to receive payment after you have completed the entire egg donation process?

Please see this previous thread:

At a local private fertility clinic that I consulted, a nurse hinted to me that I can secretly use a Malaysian, Thai or International egg donor agency to discreetly send an egg donor to Singapore. But payment must be kept secret. The donor and us must sign a form declaring that the donor is unpaid and donating her eggs altruistically to us.

The nurse also hinted to me that the doctor and fertility counselor may suspect or secretly know that we are using a foreign agency and paying the egg donor, but they will be willing to 'close one eye' and look the other way. After all , we will have to sign a declaration form stating that the donor is unpaid.

Additionally, the nurse also warned me against using individual freelance egg donors who offer their services online, as there is no money-back guarantee. For example, freelance egg donors may renege on their agreement after receiving some payment, and it would be difficult for me to sue her to return my money, as the payment was illegal in the first place and that I would only implicate myself in an illegal transaction if I were to commence legal proceedings. Moreover, it is rather difficult to monitor and ensure freelance egg donors regularly follow the painful and tedious procedure of hormone injections required for ovarian stimulation.

She also pointed out the advantages of using a foreign egg donor agency instead of an individual freelance donor. For example, most egg donor agencies will get a coordinator to accompany the donor on her travel to Singapore, who will ensure that she injects herself punctiliously with fertility hormones during the ovarian stimulation cycle. Many agencies will also give you a new replacement donor free-of-charge, if no eggs are retrieved, or if the donor gets sick and backs out half-way. Furthermore, the agency coordinator will also coach the egg donor to say the right things to the fertility counselor, since it is compulsory for the donor to receive counseling before the egg donation procedure.

In hindsight, I realized that all these must actually be the doctor's idea, and that he was using his nurse to relay such information to me, so as not to breach the medical professional code of conduct and ethics. All legal liability will be on us, since we have signed the form declaring that the egg donation is unpaid and altruistic. The clinic and IVF lab will be free of any legal responsibility for the secret payment, once the appropriate declaration forms have been signed by us and the donor.
Hi! No, I'm not Chinese. I'm mixed race and 173cm if any prospective parents were curious. The compensation is something I believe that can be discussed privately. And no, this is a serious request and I will not back-out halfway once everything has been discussed and agreed upon. I'm based in Kuala Lumpur by the way.

Last edited:

Chingmee

Hi! No, I'm not Chinese. I'm mixed race and 173cm if any potential parents were curious. The compensation is something I believe that can be discussed privately. And no, this is a serious request and I will not back-out halfway once everything has been discussed and agreed upon. I'm based in Kuala Lumpur by the way.
Are you Eurasian by the way? Also since you are based in KL, it may be better for prospective recipients to travel to KL, rather than you travel to Singapore, once the pandemic is over.

It would cost much cheaper to do the egg donation procedure in KL rather than Singapore, because:

(1) Lower medical fees in KL compared to Singapore. Despite the cheaper medical fees, there are many good and well-equipped IVF clinics in KL such as TMC, Sunfert, KL Fertility Centre and Alpha IVF Centre.

(2) If you are based in KL, no need to pay for your hotel stay. Even if we were to stay in a hotel in KL, it would still be cheaper than paying for your hotel stay in Singapore.

(3) No need to undergo professional counseling in KL for egg donation, whereas in Singapore, we must pay for counseling for both yourself and ourselves. Total costs SGD$1,000 - $500 for you and $500 for us.

Last edited:

jamrania

Are you Eurasian by the way? Also since you are based in KL, it may be better for prospective recipients to travel to KL, rather than you travel to Singapore, once the pandemic is over. Hotel and medical fees cost much more in Singapore, as compared to KL. There is no need to pay for your hotel stay, if you do the entire donation process in KL?
Yes I am. And I'd be okay with travelling to SG if it was required but I agree, it'd be cheaper to do it in KL. Additional payments for my hotel stay wouldn't be necessary if that were the case

Chingmee

Yes I am. And I'd be okay with travelling to SG if it was required but I agree, it'd be cheaper to do it in KL. Additional payments for my hotel stay wouldn't be necessary if that were the case
Additionally, would you be willing to receive daily hormone injections at an IVF clinic of my choice in KL? I will try to arrange for a nurse there to administer and record the injections. Only thing is that you must be willing to travel regularly to the clinic to receive the hormone injections. But this would be a minor hassle, if both you and the IVF clinic are in KL.

Self-injections by egg donors have been known to be notoriously unreliable, due to the procedure being tedious and painful. Also, by using the IVF clinic to carry out recorded injections, the fertility hormones will be kept properly refrigerated by professional medical staff. There have been many stories of egg donors being careless on the cold storage of the fertility drugs, leading to spoilage and loss of potency.

This is particularly the case where the egg donor needs to travel long distances to the IVF clinic for medical appointments and ovary follicle scans, for example in the case of egg donation programs in Johor, whereas most egg donors are based either in KL or Penang. Very often, poor results are obtained, because the egg donors are expected to self-inject and take care of the cold storage of the fertility drugs.

Chingmee

Also, I want the egg donor to do genetic testing of blood to detect hereditary genetic diseases. Will you be willing to do that? Most IVF clinics in Malaysia won't be willing to carry this out, because they can make much more money by doing genetic testing of IVF embryos - PGS or PGT-A. I will have to arrange for a private genetic testing company outside to do this, with all costs borne by myself, but this would still be much cheaper than PGS.

A blood sample contains thousands of white blood cells, from which an abundant amount of DNA genetic material can be extracted. By contrast, only a few cells and tiny amount of DNA are extracted from the embryo during PGS (biopsy procedure). This makes it technically simpler and much cheaper to do genetic screening of the Egg Donor's blood sample, as compared to genetic screening of embryos with PGS / PGT-A.

jamrania

Additionally, would you be willing to receive daily hormone injections at an IVF clinic of my choice in KL? I will try to arrange for a nurse there to administer and record the injections. Only thing is that you must be willing to travel regularly to the clinic to receive the hormone injections. But this would be a minor hassle, if both you and the IVF clinic are in KL.

Self-injections by egg donors have been known to be notoriously unreliable, due to the procedure being tedious and painful. Also, by using the IVF clinic to carry out recorded injections, the fertility hormones will be kept properly refrigerated by professional medical staff. There have been many stories of egg donors being careless on the cold storage of the fertility drugs, leading to spoilage and loss of potency.

This is particularly the case where the egg donor needs to travel long distances to the IVF clinic for medical appointments and ovary follicle scans, for example in the case of egg donation programs in Johor, whereas most egg donors are based either in KL or Penang. Very often, poor results are obtained, because the egg donors are expected to self-inject and take care of the cold storage of the fertility drugs.
Yep no problem, I'd be willing to receive the hormone injections directly at an IVF clinic here in the city. I believe it'd be done sequentially for 2 weeks or so, yes? And sure, additional blood tests for any hereditary genetic diseases wouldn't be an issue for me

Last edited:
Also, I want the egg donor to do genetic testing of blood to detect hereditary genetic diseases. Will you be willing to do that? Most IVF clinics in Malaysia won't be willing to carry this out, because they can make much more money by doing genetic testing of IVF embryos - PGS or PGT-A. I will have to arrange for a private genetic testing company outside to do this, with all costs borne by myself, but this would still be much cheaper than PGS.

A blood sample contains thousands of white blood cells, from which an abundant amount of DNA genetic material can be extracted. By contrast, only a few cells and tiny amount of DNA are extracted from the embryo during PGS (biopsy procedure). This makes it technically simpler and much cheaper to do genetic screening of the Egg Donor's blood sample, as compared to genetic screening of embryos with PGS / PGT-A.
You can ask your egg donor agency to privately arrange genetic testing of the egg donor's blood sample, instead of doing much more expensive PGS / PGT-A (embryo genetic testing) at the IVF clinic.

Here are the contact information of various DNA-testing companies in the greater KL region:

Genomix Lab
Email:
[email protected]
Website address: www.genomixlab.com
Address: No. 47-3A, Level 3, Jalan PJU 5/12
Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara
47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor DE, Malaysia
Tel: +603 6157 2299

Map My Gene Sdn. Bhd.
Email:
[email protected]
Website address: https://mapmygene.com/contact-us/
Address: #05-16 Sunway Velocity,
Designer Office, Jalan Peel,
Kuala Lumpur 55100, Malaysia
Tel: +65-9028-9745 (Singapore telephone number)

Gribbles Pathology Malaysia
Email:
[email protected]
Website address: Address: 2nd Floor, Wisma Tecna
18A, Jalan 51A/223
46100 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Tel: +603 78417752

PrimaNora
Email:
[email protected]
Website address: Address: B1-13, TTDI Plaza,
Jalan Wan Kadir 3,
Taman Tun Dr Ismail,
60000, Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia
Tel: +603 7728 2886

DNA Laboratories Sdn Bhd.
Email:
[email protected]
Website address: http://www.dna-laboratories.com
Address: B1-3 & B1-4, Block Plasma, UKM-MTDC Technology Centre, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43650 Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel: +603-8925 2700

Last edited: