Dr L C Cheng ( TMC)

Hi iruka,

I have also just finished my 1st round of monitoring but have failed last cycle....sigh....

I went for my consultation today and have requsted to go for IUI this cycle. As Dr Cheng says I have been ovaluating, so do need any jab.

All the best to u. Hopefully u will succeed and need not go thru IUI

Thanks, Kitty!
happy.gif

But for my last cycle, though i managed to test positive from the clearblue predictor and BD the day before, O day and the day after, my AF still reported last Saturday afternoon.
sad.gif
Really wonder where went wrong. Actually, my AF is supposed to report last Wednesday and when it was late for three days, i was really happen until i see the first spot last Saturday afternoon.

I ever asked Dr Cheng if it's useful to BD after the crucial time (1day before, O day and 1day after)? He said actually no, so i was really hopeful this month. But hai ...

As for IUI, we won't be able to start until September / October. :S We will prefer not to start this month due to my busy work schedule. We are afraid i'm not able to rest well after IUI and incorporating the stress factor, really afraid of failure. So, we have to push back our plans for IUI.

Jia you, Kitty!
happy.gif

Good that you are able to ovulate on your own, at least you needn't take medicine to induce maturity of eggs. We have to trust Dr Cheng, he knows what is best for us and hope you will succeed this first round of IUI!
happy.gif

So when you going back to the clinic for the IUI cycle? Oh ya, mind sharing how much have you spent thus far?

Hi iruka,

Our fate are so similar. On the day clearblue predictor tested positive, we BD twice on that night..more kiasu lah and also the next day...so like u, we were feeling hopeful. And AF was late for 3 days but still reported on Sat (same as u
happy.gif
)

Most probably, will be going IUI next Wed or Thurs (depening on when I tested positive on the clearblue predictor.

For the cost, about $800 in total (for 3 visit during last cycle)

iruka

i gave birth last dec under the care of Dr LC Cheng...his stitching skills v good...cos when I went back for my visit a few days after delivery...the wound healed and I could not see the stitching at all...so basically I do not know how much I tore or where I tore...:p

I healed very fast and had no problems whatsoever after the delivery...Also I TTC under Dr Cheng...he told me to BD 12 hrs after testing positive on ovulation strip...that's how I conceived.....

Jia you to you and kitty...good luck!!

Hi Santorini,

Thank you for your kind wishes.
happy.gif

Wow, so Dr Cheng is indeed good. I feel safe in his hands too, actually. Glad to have found him.

You also conceived under him? Meaning you are with him in TFC as well?

Heal,

Dr. LC Cheng does not charge extra for C-section. His price structure is fairly straight forward.
$2,275 (include delivery and all pre, post-check up) $3,375 for twins (including delivery and all pre, post check up).

So, he does not care what method is used for your delivery, it is just one price. He will perform whatever is good for you and the baby at that time.

Dr. Cheng is a good doctor, I went to this TFC, went through IVF and conceived with just 1 try. I had complication 4 weeks before my due date. It was very complicated, so I had to spend 2 days in the hospital under close observation. He will come back to see me at the hospital no matter how late if the nurse report some abnormality. One time, I saw he next to me past mid-night. For those 2 days I was in close observation, he came to see me 3 times a day, once in the morning before he start his TFC, once during lunch time between his TFC and Normal gyne office hours, and once before he leaves the hospital in the evening. On the 3rd, my baby's heart started to get irregular so he decided to operate and take the baby out. Dr. Cheng was very very calm and I was not joking the nurses were RUNNING - to get me ready, to "steal" a OT slot..etc. The whole time, he kept his cool and honestly if it was not for him to make the decision at the right time, I am not sure my baby and me will survive.
happy.gif
My baby is 14mth old now thanks to Dr. Cheng.
happy.gif

I was in the hospital for a total of 8 days before I was discharged. Yes, Dr. Cheng continued to see me 3 times a day during this period.

Hi ladies,

I saw Dr Cheng also. Can i check if anyone of u took clomid and managed to conceive?
And also for those who use OPK, do u test in the morn or afternoon?

Hi there, I've been seeing KKH for SO-IUI - unsuccessful. Thinking of LC Cheng.

Does anyone know ppl who have succeeded with SO-IUI with him? Anyone knows of the charges for this, and his charges for IVF? (anyone knows of a "summary" for IVF charges across hospitals?)

Thanks a lot.

Hihi is anyone with LC Cheng at thomson fertility?

Would like to ask more about the procedure - heard that it uses simplified IVF which means much less injections? This part is attractive, altho more expensive than say KK.

Wld be very appreciative if someone cld help! Thank U!

Hi kles, I am with Dr Cheng for SO-IUI. Succeeded on the first try. Total charges around 3k. Hope this information helps.
happy.gif

hi all - went to KKH for results on my tests n hb tests ...

Results:
D21 - I didn't Ovulate this cycle.
HB - 0 sperm found...

So yesterday was a pretty tough day for both of us .. esp HB ...

Now moving forward I'm looking for a good IVF clinic & my fren recommend Dr. LC Cheng. I've made an appt with him nxt mth.

May i check on the costing of IVF by TMC ? Anybody can advise ?

Hi Faith - u will be using TMC's IVF ??

I am now on the look out for the costing of IVF btw KKH & TMC

hi ladies
wondering if anyone who is over 40 and did ivf with dr lc cheng.

hope to find a doc who truly understand and will geniunely help. coz i'm concern some doc are not keen to take over-40 woman's case cause may affect the doc's success ratings.

thanks in advance & happy new year to all !

Can anyone advise if we can use medisave (up to 6k for first cycle) for IVF under Dr Cheng pls?

I am keen to go to Dr Cheng instead of going to SGH but afraid the upfront cash needed will be too high.

hihi,

I have booked my 1st appt with Dr LC Cheng (intending to do ivf after our 1st consultation last mth)this fri which is CD 3. Can anyone tell me what to expect on this visit? How long do we expect to spend this fri? How much will this visit cost - does it included in the ivf procedure?

Many thanks for all advices..
happy.gif

hi,

I had previously consulted Dr LC Cheng and he had requested us to try for 3 months before going back to him again. Would like to check if any of you gals had gone back to him for further consultation after 3 months fruitless attempts ? What are the tests he will be performing ?

Seem like this thread is very very quiet now..

Hi Daylesford,
I decided to go ahead to have ivf..sounds scary... hopefully TMC fertility could ease the whole process

I was told to take blood test before starting the IVF program to test for a couple of hormone tests such as:
Hep B
Antenatal Antibody
RPR/VDRL (Hubby need to take blood test to test for this)
Anti HIV (Hubby need to take blood test to test for this)

On the same day of consultation, I was given a vag ultrasound scan and given a 21 days of oral pills to put my ovary to rest for 1 month.. it's the 1st time I took this so I have bleeding (brownish type) for about 3 days - this type of bleeding started 1 day after my menses ended...the pill is taken on CD5 onwards... the nurses said it's very common for 1st timer taking the pill to have this bleeding for a few days and could make one have water retention as well..

Then you have to arrange for 1 session of counselling before you finish your 21 days of pill..and I will be going down this friday..

Hope everything goes smoothly and baby dust on everyone and myself
happy.gif

Hi TTCing...

We did an initial blood tests during our first few visits with Dr Cheng and he wanted us to try naturally for 3 monthly first. Were you with other gyneas before deciding on Dr Cheng and its your first attempt on IVF ? Found Dr Cheng very assuring right ?

Hi Daylesford,
Yup I was with Dr Joycelyn Wong before deciding to see Dr Cheng..he appeared very professional & confidence..hopefully I will strike under his care & guidance...but I heard some ppl go for testing on FSH & LH..etc..I'm not sure mine is included of this as it's not shown on my receipt..wat are the tests you have taken?

How about you? are you goin to take ivf this cycle or??

TTcing...
Once the test results are out , the details like what test was conducted will be in the report and Dr Cheng will explain to you. I will go back to Dr Cheng to see what's the next step!
Don't think Dr Cheng will recommend IVF unless neccesary.

Yes..went thru HSG..one of the tubes blocked so after much discussion, we both decided to try IVF.

Went to couselling today..it's a pleasant session.. we have a better understanding of what we are expecting on the ivf program now..

TTcing.... Did u performed hsg with dr Cheng ?
Are you with any TCM right now ? Dr Cheng had
requested us to be on my own(ttc naturally) for
3months before going back to him ....

HSG is done @ TMC lab..but not by my gynae or Dr Cheng..heard if done by your gynae,will b more expensive..its better to do it if u haven't yet..I have done twice but same result..its not pain at all (though I hve heard a lot of ppl said its a v painful experience) for me I juz felt v v slight discomfort. AnywAy both the doc who do it for r v experienced.. No pain..
happy.gif

Ttc for 5-6 mths..after doing search on tHe websites n forum that prompted me to do it.. Gynae did not suggest it.. So when will u be goin to c Dr Cheng?

TTCing.. I am going try for another one before going back to visit Dr Cheng. Which lab did you do your HSG ?

Hi yam,
I'm juz currently going thru IVF with Dr Cheng.. he's a nice and efficient dr..right now I'm at CD8 and am taking gonal-f + another jab (not sure the name) coz juz took it from TFC today.. will be going for another scan this sunday to see how's my eggs..

Hi..I have been ttc the past 1 year plus. Just went to see Dr Cheng, and after some scans & tests, he told me to take clomid pills. Anyone managed to conceive succussful thru clomid pills?

i am also seeing Dr Cheng, just did IVF a few days ago and now waiting to see if pregnant...
all my friends have conceived through him and I think we can too!
JIA YOU to all of us!

Hi Ladies,

Just dropped by to say hi.

im previously with L C cheng. currently considering to go for FET.

Hi Daylesford,
yes, this is my first IVF cycle.

HappyGal, i've been seeing Dr Cheng for awhile now. Went from IUI to IVF. I conceived my first chid through SOIUI through Dr Cheng too. He will guide you through each process and knows what is best for you...

HI HappyGal, I was with Dr Cheng at L1's clinic initially at the beginning of the year. Decided to embark on IVF in Aug.

HI Raisy, you are in your 2WW and when are you returning for your HPT ? Stay positive
happy.gif

HI yck, You conceived successfully on your 1st ivf cycle and now you are going for No#2 ?

hi daylesford,

yes, i conceived on my 1st ivf fresh cycle. got 3 implanted but one no heartbeat. in the end delivered a pair of boy gril twins. now considering whether to go for FET. cos still have frozen embies. cos to destroy them is cruel, to store is never ending.

hi hi yck,
I been thru 1 fresh cycle but mc... did u take anything to prepare before u embark on your 1st ivf?

I'm resting & tiao my body before starting my fet with Dr Cheng.. if everything is ok, I may start my fet in Aug..
happy.gif

Hi Raisy,

Both hubby & myself like Dr Cheng very much. He is very assuring & patient in explaining to us everything, and answers to all our queries.
happy.gif

Dr Cheng prescribed me clomid. The 1st cycle was not successful. The OPK showed negative all the way. But when Dr Cheng did a scan for me on the day after my supposedly ovulation day (based on calculation), it shows that I have ovulated. And blood test was done to confirm that I did actually ovulated..but somehow, the OPK did not show it.

Dr Cheng ask me to try for the again with clomid, and to go back n see him again if still no good news after 3 more trys.

Hope to have some good news this mth
happy.gif

And good luck to you too!!
happy.gif

the 2WW always seems soooooooo long.. and yes, my hubby and I like Dr Cheng very much too. love the clinic staff at TFC so much too!
happy.gif

TTCingBB,

I did nothing at all before my treatment. just as per normal. after embryo transfer i also went back to work as usual after 2 days of rest. where did u have your ist ivf?

Back