Dr L C Cheng ( TMC)

hi santorini, yes im with Dr Cheng. I have been trying since Nov'06 and with TCM since last May. But i manage to conceive with first cycle visit with Dr Cheng
happy.gif

congrats!! Gillian, it must be an exciting period for you and your hubby...hope you have a smooth 9 months...do spread some baby dusts around here...
God knows we all need it...... ;-)

by the way, which TCM have you been seeing?

Yes, Santorini, Babydust to you and all
happy.gif

Im seeing Dr Xu at Farrer Park. Are u seeing any TCM? But her intercourse strategy, always can't succeed. This time succeed goes to Dr Cheng. Probably Dr Xu's medicine helps to build up my body and also its really helps to regulate my menses

Thanks Gillian....!!

I'm seeing Dr Tan at Clementi...for about 3-4 months already.....Can you share what Dr Cheng advised that led to your success, if you dont mind?

Also are you continuing to see Dr Cheng for your pregnancy?

Hi santorini, Dr Cheng ask me to BD 12 hrs later after i detect my first +ve opk in the morning. Is it the same he told u? I also think why we succeed this month is because we BD 4 days before we detect +ve, and then BD on the day i detect +ve, and i actually do it one more time the next day, which is exactly my O day. so the timing is just nice

The only problem is Dr Cheng's operating hr is noon at Lv 1, but my co. reli dun accept any gynae's MC, so i can't afford to take too much lve for the visits... i will need reserve some of my lve in case im sick and i can just apply urgent lve instead of purposely go see my co. doc to get MC

and the reason why i dun want purposely go co. doc is because i only have 2 co. clinics near my office, and my home is quite far away..sianz..

Hi Gillian,

Your co very strict leh, gynae MC also dun accept. Then your co pregnant staffs very poor thing.
Is it a must to see co doc? if you go pte GP to take MC also cannot issit?

Gillian

Yeah, Dr Cheng also advised us to BD 12 hrs later...but *sigh* still no news....anyway, you can fix your appointment with him on Saturdays if you cannot take time off to see him during weekdays...

I think whichever Gynae you planned to see, still have to take time off right? unless the gynae has night clinic hours....

i think ultimately you should see a gynae that you are comfortable with...afterall 9 months is a long time.....

Congrats Gillian! Yes, you should see a gynae you are comfortable with.. dun bother about your leave lah.. we only get pregnant a few times in our life
happy.gif

Santorini, Dr Cheng's method really works well, we also striked first cycle upon seeing him then... we were using him for our gynae initially but as he doesnt scan bb each visit, we have since changed gynae to Dr TC Chang... but Dr Cheng is really a very nice and friendly person...

Hi Roxy

Great to hear that his method works well...so hopefully this cycle is the one for us....

Anyway, why doesnt Dr Cheng scan bb each visit? I thought one of the highlight and purpose of each gynae's visit when pregnant would be to see bb.......

i agree that Dr Cheng is very nice and friendly...he spends time to address any doubts or concerns we have ......

Hi yck,

it is abt 5k cash, medisave is can only claim up to 1.3k, that 5k cash is can be more if there the operation took a longer time. I got a gf done her laparoscopy in Gleneagles costed her 7k, but luckily she can claim from her co in full amt.

wow. that is really exp. if everything turns out to be in good working order, then will be a waste of money.

Ya lor, actually I was about to go ahead with it, then my gf told me that it was painful, so I got cold feet. If everything is fine, then it will really be a waste of money lor. So wat is your treatment? do u need to eat clomid?

just finish my first round of checking. Dr mentioned that i did ovulate and lining is good. now in 2WW. if AF comes, then got to report to Dr again to review on my DH SA result and my progestrone test.

i went for HSG in yr 2005 jul after trying for 6 mths. results came back good. no block tubes. was then give clomid for 3 mths to increase the chances. but i took only for 2 mths (aug and sep) cos feel very dry below. then i felt fustrated and leave it on its own since i have regular cycle, telling myself that maybe it just not my turn yet. Until this yr, still fail,we decide that we should do something.

Dr Cheng commented that based on my records i should have fallen pregnant long ago.

hi santorini
Hmm.. I guess Dr Cheng is one of those very "zhai" gynae who dun feel the need to scan bb every visit bah. Some expert gynaes are like that. He does perform baby scanning every visit, till after your detailed scan (5th mth) then he dun scan baby anymore. He only measure your womb size (ie length of pelvic to top of womb must tie to your no of weeks) and use a small device to listen to bb..as long as he can hear heartbeat and foetal movements ok liao. Then only scan is at 8th mth TMC foetal assessment for growth scan.. from 5th mth till you deliver, that's the only scan. I asked him before why he doesnt scan me, he said no need, he only scans for high risk pregnancies. But me and DH super kiasu wanted to see baby and know his weight every visit, so changed gynae. But Dr Cheng is really a very nice and friendly gynae..

Anyone here?
Can tell me what's the office hours for the clinic? Do they open in the afternoon?
This evening my menses just reported. So think will have to go on mon CD3, but morning having meeting
sad.gif

hi ohohjazz

dr cheng's fertility clinic at level 5 only opens in the morning. he will be at level 1 in the afternoon. so, u've got to visit him in the mornings. have u called to make apptmt? if not, i think its still okay to call on monday, to make apptmt for cd4 on tuesday. clinic's number is 62527766

Thanks worried 79.
I just called one of the Thomson Women's Clinic branch. Going to see the gyn this evening to check 1st. Didn't go back to my original gynae as the waiting is killing.

Hi,

I am a patient of Dr LC Cheng.

He is definitely a very patient and understanding doctor. Being the 1st time mum, he was very patient with me and explaining to me everythings I need to know. And signs i need to watch out.

And almost every visit, he will perform scanning to make sure my baby and me is doing well.

My son was delivered by him in late Nov last year.

Hi all
Been a long time since last logged in.. just to share, I have delivered 3 weeks ago. Babydust to all!!

Hi Gillian & Twinstars and all ladies whom are seeing Dr LC Cheng.

Saw fron this forum on few success preggy with Dr Cheng. Juz wanna ask is he reali good with conceiving issues ? I been trying to TTC but still no results hence tot of finding a good gynae who can help me.....

HI

Dr LC Cheng is definitely an excellent gynae!!! Nt only on fertility/conception but also seeing u thru ur whole pregnancy.

Dr Cheng put me on clomid as I was trying to conceive and just 2mths later, I conceived. I delivered my ger in sep 2006 & mid last year, I pregnant again, naturally this time round with no medication and 2nd visit to LC, he saw 3 heartbeat! I gt triplets. He was shocked and happy... U know multiple pregnancy are high risk. But I was happy & safe under his gd and patient care.... He assures u every visit. Under his care for ur pregnancy is definitely a wise choice.

Hi Ladies,

Any idea whether hubby can go in to the OT when dr cheng is performing the C-section?

dear all MTB

is dr Cheng good in handling high risk pregnancy?
i am wondering which doctor is better between dr. W.K.Tan and dr.L.C.Cheng to handle high risk pregnancy because i just had misscarriage
thanks

this thread been not active for quite sometime liao. i will be seeing LC this friday for annual check up. i had an IUI done by him and striked. he is really a good & gentle doc i ever seen. btw, he is my #4 gynea.

Hi Mildstrawberry,

I hope my post here is not too late.

My boy was delievered by Dr Cheng in Nov 07. I am those type that got prob in conceiving and have decided to go thru IVF when Dr Cheng mentioned my chance of conceiving naturally is very slim. But who knows I conceive by own. Hahaaa... And i still decided to see Dr Cheng since I am very comfortable with him.

I was bleeding tremendously at my 5th week of pregnancy and was admitted immediately. Dr Cheng immediately scanned me and realise my womb was actually pretty weak to hold the foeteus.

I was given injection and medication to make my womb strong. And was only discharge from hospital after the bled stopped. I was also told to have total bed rest and only allow to go out at those off-peak hrs. And he also instruct my hubby not to let me walk alot. I also got to go for injection every week until my 12th week before Dr Cheng pronounce that I am fine. I also got to see Dr Cheng every 2 weeks until at 16th or 20th week when I requested to see him only once a mth.

My hubby and i are very grateful to him. Being a first time mum and with so many complications, he is very patient and strict with me. He will not want to take any chance for some mishaps to happen. He will tell me rest when he sees that I am exhausted.

I am still seeing him for my yearly checkup and lately he found that I actually got a cyst growing at my ovary and he would not want to operate as he is afraid that will reduce my chance of conceiving. He is putting me on medication and the cyst indeed strink by half the size.

Hi Mildstrawberry,

The waiting time is abt one hr. As compare to the waiting time to see Dr WK Tan, which is abt 2hrs, I think is shorter. I was initially seeing Dr WK Tan, she is also good but due to my infertile prob, i was referred to see Dr Cheng.

thanks Jona's mummy

i am contemplating between Dr.WK Tan or Dr Cheng
because i just had miscarriage, i need gynae that quite accomodating and assurance

since you have visited both gynae, do you mind to give your thought and advise

thanks in advance

Hi,

Dr WK Tan is a very motherly figure to me. Most of my friends and hubby's friend spouses are seeing Dr Tan. One of my hubby's friend spouse actually suffered a miscarriage and was referred to see her by a friend. What I can say if you don't mind the long waiting hours, you can actually see her. As she has been a very experience gynae who delivered my friend and later 2 of my friend's sons.

I have much contacts with Dr Cheng as he is my gynae and I still seeing him. I definitely feel Dr Cheng is a very warm and patient gynae who will spend his time to explain to me and persuade to try for a 2nd one. Even my hubby also feel very comfortable with him when he is actually a male gynae and he is confidence that I will be good in his hand.

I believe both are equally good.

Hi Mildstrawberry,

I wish you well... And don't ponder over the lost.

Do rest well and recuperate before conceiving the 2nd one. I believe you will have your little one very soon.

Try to see a Chinese Doc to TIAO YANG yourself. I was also seeing a Chinese Doc before i conceive. As I mentioned, my womb was actually weak and almost lost my little one.

Hope to from you soon. take care.

Hi all,

anyone know how much Dr Cheng charge and what's the bill like eventually, say normal delivery, epi in single room. Thanks.

old friends of twinstars, gillian and liz,
i am in here again.
haiz..failed my first iui. think considered failed as bloodtest result quite low at 2.3mg nia, bb at 0.1mg desptie getting faint faint line on two consecutive days.
asked to stop the hormone med and wait for AF to come

am considering to change gynae, thinking either sticking back to lc cheng or change to anothr.
one shortlisted is LC Foong?
any one has comments on LC Foong?

Liz, you are still with LC cheng?

hihi...
my gynae is lc cheng and i just went for my iui.. I'm really hoping that i will be successful this time. But there are some brown and red discharge now and I'm very stressed... I've been trying about at least 1yr and hope its really successful this time round. Wish me luck!!

Hi Ceraine,

I am under Dr. LC Foong and I found him to be professional and very thoughtful. Although he is very busy, he will take the time to call you to give you updates on BT results and discuss the next steps. There is another long thread under this forum and you may want to read it for more information as I have only started to see him for a few months. Another good thing is that waiting time is reasonable. Usually about half an hour, the most.

hi Lee, good luck in your journey to motherhood!

just to share... LC Cheng just delivered my bb boy 3 weeks ago. tho his charges are ex, he's really a good and experienced gynae. i been TTC for 3 years when i 1st saw him at TFC, had prev been with another gynae who did IUI with 1 round clomid for me but failed.

after 1 cycle of monitoring, he told me i don't need clomid and IUI and told me to try naturally for 6 mths before seeing him again. i conceived at the 4th mth of trying.

Hi Luv,

May i noe wat was the reason that u did not conceive in the 3 yrs? And wat did u do differently that u mangaged to conceive? i have been trying for 2 yrs plus liao still no results.
sad.gif

Hi Ladies,

I used to be a paitient of Dr Cheng and I only have high praises for him..I was trying to conceive for 6 years and I went thru 3 IVFS by different doctors, at KKH I actually conceived triplets but I miscarried at 5 mths due to my cervix opening up early, babies were too premature to survive at that stage, 2nd time i conceived again under Dr LC Foong but baby had no heartbeat at 7 weeks, 3rd time I went to SGH but did not get pregnant..Only finally did I go to Dr Cheng then my baby boy was delivered by him last september..

He was very carefiul and paitient with me throughout..Cause i had too many follicles during my IVF (i had 70 eggs) he asked the nurses to give me discounts so that it would be more affordable for us. When I was pregnant, he saw me every week without fail throughout my whole pregnancy and i paid only the package price so u can imagine how understanding he was..not the type that want you to come every visit and pay and pay..in fact he sometimes waived off certain charges during my visits when there were complications and he had to personally come in to do certain procedures..

I had diabetes and high blood during my pregnancy and he was so careful at every visit to make sure I was well before he allowed me to leave the clinic..

In fact my sis was the 1 that referred him to me, she was also trying for 8 years and tried IVF so many times, visiting all kinds of drs from different hospitals when she finally went to him and managed to get twins just on her first try with him..she had to wanted to give up if she didnt get pregnant so it was the last resort..

As for LC Foong, he was also a very kind and nice dr, waiting times also very reasonable but I didnt like the IVF procedures, always asking for blood to test the hormones at every visit and u had to go up to another lab to get it done so wait here and there..i got a fear of needles aft that 1 round, not sure if he still orders blood tests so often..Dr cheng methods dun require many blood tests and it was a breeze so tat was the only thing I didnt like..

so i hope u all dun give up and perervere, i know its hard and painful but ultimately once you finally hold that baby in your hands, all your hard work will pay off!!

hi joline,

I think I paid between 10k to 12k, but I had a lot of follicles so the extra charges and I oredi used up my medisave so had to fork out cash instead.

My sis was lesser, around 8k or so..something like that.

hi Felicia, my prev gynae examined me and hubby and said it's my hubby's sperm morphology not good... and i've a tight hymen so that made penetration painful. But my hymen was broken by her thank goodness so penetration is not so painful.

She told us we can try naturally but may take some time cos my hubby's sperms are too weak to travel far... that's why we went 1 round IUI...

After that failed, we self medicate through TCM for 3 months then sought a 2nd opinion from LC Cheng.

He said the sperm report from the prev gynae is A+ grade, he didn't rely on the report since only 1 sperm is needed out of millions.

He told us main reason why i'm not preg is due to timing diff... we kept missing the ovulation day. So we BD on CD8 right after AF ends, then on CD12, 14, 16, 18 on that fruitful month
happy.gif

We did other things to conceive too... hubby popped cordeyceps pills from EYS, tried to have minimal stress, he wore boxer shorts instead of underwear, after BD i lifted my legs high enough to allow his sperms to swim deeper in me...

2 years of TTC, have you sought help from gynae? maybe it's a medical reason. LC Cheng told us even perfectly healthy couples... chance of conceiving naturally is only around 20% per cycle so don't be stressed. Jiayou in your TTC journey
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

I am new to this thread. Went to see Dr Cheng today for the 1st time. Have been TTC for past 2 yrs without success. Had endrometriois and had a surgey done last Sept.

Dr Cheng suggested that I try IUI as time is not on my side (as the cycst has started growing desipte surgey was only done last Sept).

Any idea how much would the IUI cost? And what is the procedures? What is the success rate?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

LC cheng seems to be the gynae to see when mommy needs some sort of fertility help? i am normal mommy whom just looking for gd skilled gynae. just wondering how his package is like - extra if Caeserean or same price C or Natural? is he known for good stitching?

This thread seems to have quietened down. Anybody else with Dr Cheng with exeperiences to share?

I'm with Dr Cheng, went through the first round of monitoring with him and my DH as well. Results all ok but, still no good news for us to-date ... :S

Dr Cheng advised us to go natural for the next three months natural before seeing him again to decide on the next course of action.

Might embark on the IUI journey if we are still not able to succeed by September / October. Journey will be long and tedious but hopefully, will be a fruitful one though.
happy.gif

Let's all not give up hope!

heal,

Heard his stitching skills is good (from his nurses though). One of the nurses told me that one of their colleagues who was delievered by Dr Cheng managed to conceive on the second month after she has given birth to her baby.

This means to say that his stitching skills is really fantastic that she and the DH are able to BD straight after the first month confinement period!
happy.gif

Back