Dr. June Tan @ KKH

Elly88

Hi mothers & mtb! I've done research on dr june tan. But i need more reviews about her. My edd is 6 july 16, and i decide to take natural birth without epidural. And still deciding btw ward A1 or B1. Any one under her..please share your experiences about her. Like your bills and is she good at stitching.. Thank you!

I would love to help you! I have been under June Tan (I assume is the one from KKH) for both my #1 and #2 (edd 29 July).

Unfortunately, my #1 decided to come out earlier when she was on leave, so I was delivered by her covering officer which I can't even rem her name now.... LOL

But generally i felt she is a good gynae, that's y i decided to go back to her when i conceived with #2. She is very patient, assuring and most importantly, smiley. I trust her stitching skill should be good given her years of experience. I have been having good experience with her, the only downside is that her waiting time is sooooo super long. It takes me an average of 2 hours for each visit... she either starts her clinic late, or she get stucked with something and the queue got slowed down. It can be quite annoying.

I would love to help you! I have been under June Tan (I assume is the one from KKH) for both my #1 and #2 (edd 29 July).

Unfortunately, my #1 decided to come out earlier when she was on leave, so I was delivered by her covering officer which I can't even rem her name now.... LOL

But generally i felt she is a good gynae, that's y i decided to go back to her when i conceived with #2. She is very patient, assuring and most importantly, smiley. I trust her stitching skill should be good given her years of experience. I have been having good experience with her, the only downside is that her waiting time is sooooo super long. It takes me an average of 2 hours for each visit... she either starts her clinic late, or she get stucked with something and the queue got slowed down. It can be quite annoying.

Thank you for sharing! but how much did she charge you for delivery fee?

Dr June Tan was my gynae. On the day of my delivery, she was on Medical Leave. The nurses already knew it in the morning ard 7-8am but they kept quiet for about 3-4 hours before asking if it was all right for a replacement gynae to deliver for me. The nurses were experienced & good but I believe it was unprofessional that the matter was kept from me. I had seen her throughout my whole pregnancy but at the crucial moment, did not have the decency to call up and let me know or reassure me that a replacement gynae would aid me through. 4 days before my delivery I saw her for a last scan, estimated baby weight to be 3.3kg although I kept telling her I felt the pregnancy was really heavy & my belly was really big & stretched. My baby turned out to be 4.1kg, almost had a C section, replacement gynae, Jessie Phoon, managed to delivery baby naturally (She's from Dept of Reproductive Medicine, not available as gynae consultant in case anyone interested). Anyway, I last heard from my hubby's colleague, June Tan is known to MIA at crucial moments. I would definitely not recommend her. Opinions will differ, but for me, I happened to have a very bad experience with her.

Last edited:
Dr June Tan was my gynae. On the day of my delivery, she was on Medical Leave. The nurses already knew it in the morning ard 7-8am but they kept quiet for about 3-4 hours before asking if it was all right for a replacement gynae to deliver for me. The nurses were experienced & good but I believe it was unprofessional that the matter was kept from me. I had seen her throughout my whole pregnancy but at the crucial moment, did not have the decency to call up and let me know or reassure me that a replacement gynae would aid me through. 4 days before my delivery I saw her for a last scan, estimated baby weight to be 3.3kg although I kept telling her I felt the pregnancy was really heavy & my belly was really big & stretched. My baby turned out to be 4.1kg, almost had a C section, replacement gynae, Jessie Phoon, managed to delivery baby naturally (She's from Dept of Reproductive Medicine, not available as gynae consultant in case anyone interested). Anyway, I last heard from my hubby's colleague, June Tan is known to MIA at crucial moments. I would definitely not recommend her. Opinions will differ, but for me, I happened to have a very bad experience with her.

Hi Geoanne,

Thank you for sharing. I am trying to select a gynae from TPS but I don't have any clue who I should go with. Now I will strike off Dr. June Tan in my list. I don't want to pay TPS rate when selected gynae end up not being around when I deliver.

Doctor June Tan is my gynae for both of my daughters. She is very patient, very calm and very experienced. During my first delivery, after induction, the dilation wasn’t so fast, c section would be an easy way out. I’m lucky to have a very experienced nurse to help adjust my position so baby’s heart beat could go back to normal, and doctor June tan was also not panic but told nurse and resident doctor what to do. And I managed to smoothly have my baby through natural delivery. Her stitch is so darn clean and I recovered very fast. Second one I continue to have her as my gynae (the fact that I’m easily panic and her calmness just really comforts me). My placenta was at a lower position in the early stage of pregnancy, I was super worried. She told me no need to worry as 9 out of 10 will grow to upper position as baby grows. And turned out my placenta did grow to the normal position in the end. Second delivery was fast but I did lost some blood, she told me not to worry and give me some drips which helps to uterus to quickly shrink and reduce the bleeding. And again very clean stitch and I recovered super fast. She is really a great Gynae!!

Plus my second one my water bag bursted at 2am in the early morning, and I never encounter the “no show up” issue. Plus when I was at the hospital, every nurse would say good words of Doctor June tan and told me that you know you are in good hands.

Back